Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikki Rapp (The voice of toddlers in TS2 & 3) Is now working on TS4 *Speculation*

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I understand she may have the NDA (is it called) where she can't say what she is working on, but saying positively, "Nope, not toddlers. Sorry" seems pretty straightforward to me. If she really couldn't say what she was working on, she wouldn't positively say no to something, as that makes it clear what you WEREN'T working on.

I was super hopeful, but now... I think I'll exit the hype here. The Nope, not toddlers was all I needed. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited February 2016
    Dont some people call their children little monsters though??

It could be kids but she did tweet no toddlers.

Yeah but she signed an NDA she knew she couldn't tell us that is was toddlers ;)

@Bebefoffy1235 I've heard people call their toddlers little monsters, Heck I called my little boy a monster more than once :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    She's already confirmed she's not voicing toddlers on twitter. No reason to get hyped any more.

well that was a good 5 minutes of hype :(

tumblr_m8eh51LSNL1qm83s0o1_400.gif
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was just watching more videos... do we know who voiced pets in 3?... sounds like they merged human and animal sounds. She could make good supernatural sounds too I'm guessing.. so it could be anything. ..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Even if it's not toddlers, it can't be kids, they already have a VA for kids.

And does having one voice artist mean they can't have another one? She did tweet she was working on something with others.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimplyTori wrote: »

Yeah but she signed an NDA she knew she couldn't tell us that is was toddlers ;)

No she couldn't say if it was but she did say it wasn't.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I understand she may have the NDA (is it called) where she can't say what she is working on, but saying positively, "Nope, not toddlers. Sorry" seems pretty straightforward to me. If she really couldn't say what she was working on, she wouldn't positively say no to something, as that makes it clear what you WEREN'T working on.

I was super hopeful, but now... I think I'll exit the hype here. The Nope, not toddlers was all I needed. :(

I'm still hopeful, keep in mind that she made a lot of people be 100% sure it was toddlers, the only way for her to "undo" what she did and respect her NDA was to say "no toddlers", otherwise she would have broke the contract and people would be believing until now.

They are literally playing with us.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    Mm an ingteresting development. Hope it's not vapor hype.

I hope whatever the pack is that we can find a power up called "Vapor Hype." That seriously sounds cooler than what it actually is.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I'm still hopeful, keep in mind that she made a lot of people be 100% sure it was toddlers, the only way for her to "undo" what she did and respect her NDA was to say "no toddlers", otherwise she would have broke the contract and people would be believing until now.

That is true. It seemed pretty dang likely toddlers from all her previous tweets. (As everyone can see... I'm still here reading... I can't help it. It's toddlers. I'm all over the hype :D )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016

You're right but read this below. it's one statement down.
    @XopaxPax wrote too @ChelleJo

justlurking.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'll just wait for the official announcement of the toddlers returning before I get super hyped about this. But it's promising enough to keep an eye on.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I was just watching more videos... do we know who voiced pets in 3?... sounds like they merged human and animal sounds. She could make good supernatural sounds too I'm guessing.. so it could be anything. ..

Here is the cast for TS2 pets

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0872267/

Didn't find one for 3. I did find this interesting video

http://kotaku.com/5841041/there-are-voice-actors-for-dogs-and-horses
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'll just wait for the official announcement of the toddlers returning before I get super hyped about this. But it's promising enough to keep an eye on.

I'm not super hyped but there is a spark of hope back :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    She confirmed it isn't toddlers.
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    I just can't with all these speculations going on, now I'm expecting this huge thing to be announced next with weather, toddlers, cars, pets, vampires..... :p

If the next EP/GP is really ONLY restaurants, I will officially just throw my desktop out of the window and be done with the game, lol.

I can't take this suspense any more....... Just waiting for EA to flip things around and make me love TS4. Will I wait in vain.....?
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Didn't find one for 3. I did find this interesting video

http://kotaku.com/5841041/there-are-voice-actors-for-dogs-and-horses

Haha that guy is amazing! I've never heard someone do an impression of a dog like that before. :lol:
  • Options

Actually I really don't care about toddlers. I do feel bad for the people who desperately want them and hope they get them. Every time one of these "speculation" on a crumb threads pop up they get their hopes up only to be disappointed again. I don't feel like the playing with people is just the Sims team. These threads go a long way to building up and dashing hopes and it's just for the sake of an afternoon of hype.
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I can never resist the toddler hype train........here I go
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited February 2016
    WAIT A MOMENT
    Does anyone remember what simguru graham said yesterday

Was it all planned?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    She's already confirmed she's not voicing toddlers on twitter. No reason to get hyped any more.

well that was a good 5 minutes of hype :(

tumblr_m8eh51LSNL1qm83s0o1_400.gif

Haha true. I don't even know why I believed it, deep down my heart said "Don't!!"

I keep having dreams about toddlers in sims 4 then getting sad when I wake up to the reality :(
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »
    WAIT A MOMENT

Was it all planned?

That was in response to something different.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    WAIT A MOMENT

Was it all planned?

I know, but it is suspicious that it was spontaneously posted one day, before this happened.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Actually I really don't care about toddlers. I do feel bad for the people who desperately want them and hope they get them. Every time one of these "speculation" on a crumb threads pop up they get their hopes up only to be disappointed again. I don't feel like the playing with people is just the Sims team. These threads go a long way to building up and dashing hopes and it's just for the sake of an afternoon of hype.

I agree here and thanks for linking the pet stuff earlier. I'm not hyped but if they brought her in they are working on something... it's interesting to speculate though. I think when people really want something in particular.. and are really emotionally involved it's a set up for disappointment.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm not super hyped but there is a spark of hope back :)
    Agree, The spark of hope that toddlers maybe returning is back. ;)

• Options
    WAIT A MOMENT

Was it all planned?

I know, but it is suspicious that it was spontaneously posted one day, before this happened.

Do any of you ever wonder just how cruel these threads are for some people? Give some of you a crumb and you turn it into a 5 layer cake.