Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet the Gurus about toddlers on their "Day of Celebrating"

Comments

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Would you rather have really sucky toddlers right now, or really good toddlers in 2 years?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Just an Idea but a year is long enough with no confirmation whether or not toddlers are being worked on! I'm going to be tweeting gurus about the subject and I ask you to join me, a Year is TOO long with no confirmation!
    Done and done.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I think it's pointless to tweet them about toddlers. They've clearly said that they cannot discuss future content. I don't think the Gurus made that decision. I think it was made above them. They have to follow the rule or look for a new job.

It would be nice if the powers that be would give us an idea as to what is on the road map. They keep saying they hear us but what they deliver are things like "Dance Dance Revolution" presentations. If they value us as much as they say they do, they need to put their money where their mouth is and tell us how they intend to address our concerns and complaints.
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2015
    I know this sounds really cliché-we all know that TS4 needs a lot of improvement, but it also has a lot of future potential (if done well). I'm sure that toddlers will come eventually, as there's no way they would scrap them altogether if they want to keep customers. Just stay optimistic guys and they'll come soon :)
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Bubbles_19 wrote: »
    I know this sounds really cliché-we all know that TS4 needs a lot of improvement, but it also has a lot of future potential (if done well). I'm sure that toddlers will come eventually, as there's no way they would scrap them altogether if they want to keep customers. Just stay optimistic guys and they'll come soon :)

I love your optimism :blush: Mine has unfortunately left, but keep the hope strong!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Would you rather have really sucky toddlers right now, or really good toddlers in 2 years?
    By that time, the Sims 5 will not be that far behind in release. Hopefully we actually get real teenagers, babies, elders, and toddlers by then. But no, 2 years from now will be too late for toddlers. Then the Sims 4 will really be a half baked game by then. Toddlers full life for the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 not getting toddlers until at least year 3? That would seriously make the game into a bigger joke than it is now. Nope, I already waited three years for alien toddlers in TS3. I won't be doing that again.

If they can't do toddlers soon, then they really should have never said that both toddlers and cars were going to be in the base game to begin with. That is just false advertising. Yes changing the product last minute while people preordered the game ahead is still an unethical way to conduct business. They should want to attract customers, not string them along on false hope for years to come.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I really hope that the toddlers in Sims 4 will be better than the Sims 3. The base game features that they patched in, rather than shove out the beginning are better than the Sims 3 way of doing them. (You may disagree, but that's just my opinion. Also I don't really care about diving boards.) So given that they'll have more time to work on them rather than squishing it into 1-2 years along with a whole bunch of other stuff means it will have a noticeable improvement. I want to see how many angry threads pop up if toddlers show up randomly this year. "These toddlers are terrible!" I can hear them say. You wanted them now, right?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Hang the toddlers!! I want CAS back first!! :(

..and babies outside of cribs, then we'll worry about toddlers..

But we do have CAS, we've always had it ........
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I think it's pointless to tweet them about toddlers. They've clearly said that they cannot discuss future content. I don't think the Gurus made that decision. I think it was made above them. They have to follow the rule or look for a new job.

It would be nice if the powers that be would give us an idea as to what is on the road map. They keep saying they hear us but what they deliver are things like "Dance Dance Revolution" presentations. If they value us as much as they say they do, they need to put their money where their mouth is and tell us how they intend to address our concerns and complaints.

The only thing is if people keep the pressure up on toddlers then the gurus can point to it when talking to the powers that be and literally show them the evidence for people clamouring for information. I know it's annoying for them but gurus are the only link between us and the powers that be.

I think that was true a year ago but not anymore. They know. The powers that be know. By constantly hammering the topic, they just tune us out now. They can't talk about. They don't want to talk about it. It's a dead horse as far as they're concerned, I think.

And in some ways I don't blame them. If every topic they bring up with is met with "When are toddlers coming?", they become defensive and less willing to talk.

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

At this point I think it's less about "when we'll get them" than it is "if we'll get them."
    If they told the players that yes, toddlers were 100% coming to the Sims 4 some time between now and the end of the Sims 4 I think a lot of people would actually be at ease. They'd understand that they'd actually get them at some point, so they'd have that to look forward to and plan around.

If they said "no, toddlers are never coming" then I'm sure people would be angry at first. Eventually though I think most people would finally have peace of mind and be able to decide what they wanted to do in regard to this series support. Doesn't matter if Maxis admits it now or never says anything (and never adds toddlers) people are going to still make a big decision. Better to be honest now and have people buy future Sims games than to run the risk of them never trusting and buying from you again. - It's funny how forgiving people can be when you come to them with honesty and genuine apologies.

Right now we're in a pseudo "maybe zone". "We hear you." and "We're exploring the idea" sound more like "We just want to string you along so that you'll buy our things right now but we're never going to release toddlers. It'll be okay though, you'll get over it and buy more content in the future right?"

People may be tired of hearing others say to let go off all expectations, but honestly they should do just that... Let them go. You payed for the base game, you payed for past Sims games (that hopefully you enjoyed) Well now, don't pay any more money for what you don't like. If you can live without "x" feature than do what you want and enjoy the game if you can but don't keep buying stuff if you're not getting any enjoyment out of it.

No, that doesn't mean you have to stop voicing your concerns and trying but you'll feel a lot better (imo) once you realize what your're actually fighting for. You won't get all the things you want, but are the things you can get going to be worth it in the end?

This game is enjoyable to me (as is) to an extent, I don't play like the game tells me to I play the way I want to. Toddlers/family play would increase the fun I have while I play this game. I wouldn't "fight" for changes though if this game wasn't something I enjoyed at all and if I seen no hope for future sim's titles.

TLDR: The situation is a lot more complicated than time frame.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I doubt it will do anything but annoy them, if they can be bothered to even check their notifications at all, but I left some snarky spiteful tweets to some of the Guru's.

They'll be sorry.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    I tweeted them earlier right after their post and info-graphic came out. They say they did all that because we asked for it but yet they cant give us toddlers or at least a simple yes or no to whether they will be in the game.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    qrlcode wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I'm doing this for over a year already, so do other simmers like @sparkfairy1, but yes: they ignore them.

They only reply to people that are kissing plumbobs.

They speak up about what they can. I believe they aren't allowed to speak about toddlers.

Which they've already said SO MANY TIMES.

It doesn't mean that it has to stay that way.

In the PR standpoint (im a pr major) not saying anything is alright if they are trying to figure out how to put them in but arn't sure yet if it will work correctly. Although from a PR standpoint by not responding to constant questions about it they are not helping their self. What you want to do is address as many people as you can even if its a "we are aware of this and will look into it" or something along those lines. That way people will know they are heard.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Writin_Reg I know. It's not acceptable and completely at odds with the CEO's promises in more ways than just that one (remember promises of no unfinished games).

When I talk about the powers at be I really mean Maxis. I think they are having serious issues. I mean just look at SC2013. There are so many parallels it's really sad. You would think that would have been a wake up call and a chance to learn how to avoid this situation at all (remember how according to Lucy Bradshaw offline was impossible despite modders making it work and this was an amazing game, then a year or whatever a patch to add offline then they shut up shop without a goodbye)

Seeing the SC2013 forums broke my heart. So many people hoping for a better experience that EA will never provide.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited September 2015
    The sims 4 toddlers are confirmed to be impossioble by the creators when they didnt add them to the game so now we can all go home have rest and cry in our small beds
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    They know we want toddlers! Only thing to do now is wait!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Most likely we 'll see toddlers when generations releases. I believe it won the survey poll so it s a given.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    @Writin_Reg I know. It's not acceptable and completely at odds with the CEO's promises in more ways than just that one (remember promises of no unfinished games).

When I talk about the powers at be I really mean Maxis. I think they are having serious issues. I mean just look at SC2013. There are so many parallels it's really sad. You would think that would have been a wake up call and a chance to learn how to avoid this situation at all (remember how according to Lucy Bradshaw offline was impossible despite modders making it work and this was an amazing game, then a year or whatever a patch to add offline then they shut up shop without a goodbye)

Seeing the SC2013 forums broke my heart. So many people hoping for a better experience that EA will never provide.

These posts here about SimCity: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/22485/4122.page and on this forum are uncanny...Now, this situation is even more hair raising.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The sims 4 toddlers are confirmed to be impossioble by the creators when they didnt add them to the game so now we can all go home have rest and cry in our small beds
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|

If that s the case why were toddlers and preteens mentioned in a recent survey?