Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack is City Themed?

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I would love if the second EP would be city themed. I hope we would get actual skyscraper buildings (like the ability of making more than 4 floors, since we will get the 4th floor in a patch in the end of March), not like in Late Night, and also elevators, cars, garages, escalators, hot tubs, apartments, restaurants, and cinemas.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I think they are holding Family Play off until they finish Toddlers. They obviously know it would make The Sims 4 sell like hotcakes, and it must be annoying that they haven't finished them yet.

Personally I think they need to make other changes as well. There are a lot of players who have the complaint of shallow Sims with ever changing emotions. If you've ever looked at the main feedback threads there are a lot of players who have new accounts and have come here to voice their disappointment. Yes there are players who want their toddlers but there appears to be more and more players discovering how little the game really has to offer.

I would imagine that there will be players buying EPs just to fill out a light base game....but reading posts here there are just as many not buying because of the same reason.

For me they need to tweak those manic emotions and balance out the scripted play with more player choices before I even think about investing more. A redux of Late Night, Night Life and Hot Date just doesn't sound appealing.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The downtown will be a subhood of 4 lots :p

I really hope not but...I don't know why I wouldn't be surprised lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LorenzoUzuLorenzoUzu Posts: 52 Member
    I was hoping for University or Seasons D:
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    1 bar 1 restaurant 2 parks.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love to see downtown and Sims 2-style apartments/row housing next (well, I'd love weather or farming more, but I suspect those need more time in animation, especially if farming were to include animals). Restaurants and food carts would be a great fit with that, as would a politics/activist career and the ability to let out rooms in your house to townies. I feel like we got a fair bit of nightlife in the base game for the first time, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    1 bar 1 restaurant 2 parks.

No, it will be 1 dance club, 1 restaurant, 1 apartment lot and 1 park :p
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I too was thinking that there maybe a heart of the city themed expansion pack will be coming very soon, like in the next year or two soon. And with it the possibility of vampires making a return. When I too had noticed how close the city skyline was from the spot where the camera was in recent screenshots. :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Nightlife and Late Night were among my favorite EPs, and I wouldn't doubt if that's what's literally on the horizon. Even with its problems, I miss Bridgeport. Oh Romeo (Rake), where art thou?

"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I don't want a nightlife EP. We already have bars, nightclubs, and lounges. They need to release a Generations EP next for the family players.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    They better make apartments more like TS2.

I agree 100% with this :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If the expansion or game pack offers more than 4 lots for a 2D Facebook neighborhood 'city' then it'll be great but otherwise if they continue the current trend then forget it. Nothing can top TS3 Nightlife neighborhood, open world in that big city with buildings of all sizes and subway transportation, clubs and vampires, etc.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2015
    @aws200 wrote: »
    If the expansion or game pack offers more than 4 lots for a 2D Facebook neighborhood 'city' then it'll be great but otherwise if they continue the current trend then forget it. Nothing can top TS3 Nightlife neighborhood, open world in that big city with buildings of all sizes and subway transportation, clubs and vampires, etc.

The Neighborhoods aren't 2D, the Map is. Most maps are 2D. The Sims 3 and 2 just didn't have a Map screen, they went straight to the world.
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    I think it would be a mix of night life and apartment life? That's what it seems like! It seems like they will combine recent like packs with these EP's...which means we would same a lot of money in the end!! But it seems pretty legit. love apartments and I would love the city life! uugh, don't get me excited :D
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    and there we go again giving them so many good and wonderful ideas that could totally make it in the game and what do we get possibly.. a 4 lot world with 1 nightclub, 1 dj boot, 1 bar, 1 lot for us to build on and 1 high building with apartments.. woooow

I totally see that happening
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited March 2015
    I would much prefer the Town Life one, only if this one has a larger world. smh.

But the city looks lovely <3

SxAd4NU.png
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    I do want a city/night life EP but I don't think it should come before a family expansion.

Family should have come first not GTW.

But anyways hopefully it'll go like this; GTW, Family, City, Seasons, then whatever cause I'll be happy then ha-ha. :)
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    I thought the same thing, We can build 4 floors now with Get To Work then with a nightlife pack expand it to 5 or 6 for apartments :)

It should be a GP then. Not the next EP :neutral: Next EP should be Generations. Last time I checked online, didn't hear any players saying, "I won't spend another dime until I get an apartment" or "why is there no apartment play". If EA doesn't improve the family play in the next EP and fix the more disturbing elements that are clearly bugs (like the father impregnating his daughter), it's going to be very disappointing.

People are saying that about lots, a city might solve that.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    If apartments are don't right, it could help solve the lot issues because then you can have multiple families live on the same lots.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    If apartments are don't right, it could help solve the lot issues because then you can have multiple families live on the same lots.

That possibly, but also because if it's focused around cities, they could create a new city world, an entire world this time, not just Magnolia-neighborhood. They've heard our cry for lots, it would be easy money if they released something like this.
  • Options
    UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2015
    > @natashified said:
    > I would much prefer the Town Life one, only if this one has a larger world. smh.
    >
    > But the city looks lovely

These trees ;3
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    I thought the same thing, We can build 4 floors now with Get To Work then with a nightlife pack expand it to 5 or 6 for apartments :)

It should be a GP then. Not the next EP :neutral: Next EP should be Generations. Last time I checked online, didn't hear any players saying, "I won't spend another dime until I get an apartment" or "why is there no apartment play". If EA doesn't improve the family play in the next EP and fix the more disturbing elements that are clearly bugs (like the father impregnating his daughter), it's going to be very disappointing.

People are saying that about lots, a city might solve that.

I don't think it would. A large city world would not make up for a small Willow Creek suburb. It would just be a city. Again, I see this as an Outdoors kind of EP. You go into the city to shop (from GTW code), dine out (new code), club (from Base Game code), and you come back to your suburb. Urban YA sims can move there and have flatmates, but most sims will live in houses.

It should also be noted that gorgeous mansions are not commonly found in the heart of a city, and I don't think EA would add a component that cannibalises one of the few features they got right in TS4, i.e., build mode.

Granted this is just my opinion, you could be right :smile: I just think a GP would be best.

To the poster who made the Town Life comment: YES! Great call. I seriously hope that this is an EP in the works. We need a town hall and a mayor career and customisable laws... heck yeah!
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Yikes! The first EP hasn't even come out and people are already excited about the 2nd one
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Yikes! The first EP hasn't even come out and people are already excited about the 2nd one

Just wait about two weeks after GTW comes out. There will be a lot more people talking about what's next.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright