Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack is City Themed?

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Yikes! The first EP hasn't even come out and people are already excited about the 2nd one

Just wait about two weeks after GTW comes out. There will be a lot more people talking about what's next.

I hope not if that means we'll be bored already :worried: I think GTW is going to almost complete the base game, meaning that following EPs will be just that expansions for a solid game. EPs shouldn't be essential to enjoyment.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Yikes! The first EP hasn't even come out and people are already excited about the 2nd one

Just wait about two weeks after GTW comes out. There will be a lot more people talking about what's next.

I hope not if that means we'll be bored already :worried: I think GTW is going to almost complete the base game, meaning that following EPs will be just that expansions for a solid game. EPs shouldn't be essential to enjoyment.

I know this statement is like a broken record, but it will better with toddlers. Still I feel there are more underlying issues that need to be resolved.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

No they shouldn't be needed but I think that's what's going to happen. Toward the end of TS3 more and more people started threads about anticipating the next content....the next store set, the next SP and the next EP. There's less going on with the Sims themselves in TS4 so I think it's going to be more prevalent this time.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Now with Get To Work, they have made the City even closer than before;

AgmCTY4.png

I never thought about it before but now I'm actually hoping it's something water-related.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

No they shouldn't be needed but I think that's what's going to happen. Toward the end of TS3 more and more people started threads about anticipating the next content....the next store set, the next SP and the next EP. There's less going on with the Sims themselves in TS4 so I think it's going to be more prevalent this time.

They did but I think it's more to do with the excitement of new content; it's not that what is currently on offer is boring people, it's that they're always wanting something more and something new. I recall the early days of the franchise when the new expansion would come packaged with a piece of card naming and offering a release date for the NEXT expansion; six months away! It meant we always knew what was next and I think people still want that to be honest. Unfortunately EA don't seem to like adding anything into their physical copies of games anymore bar the usual health and safety information and so these cards were lost a long time ago.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2015
    @SimsFur wrote: »
    and there we go again giving them so many good and wonderful ideas that could totally make it in the game and what do we get possibly.. a 4 lot world with 1 nightclub, 1 dj boot, 1 bar, 1 lot for us to build on and 1 high building with apartments.. woooow

I totally see that happening

Get To Work was focused on Work Lots and aliens, so we lost 3 Neighborhoods to that, and only got a Park + Retail District. But we did get more than what it looks in the Neighborhood department.

Also, the City Living concept is focused on Residential. Get To Work was focused on Work places. So it would obviously be bigger.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Someone did say something about working on/looking into the lack of space issue. I guess their answer to that could be a pack like this with apartments....
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Someone did say something about working on/looking into the lack of space issue. I guess their answer to that could be a pack like this with apartments....

I don't really see how apartments will be of much help, but as long as it's a new world/neighborhood then that's all that matters in terms of space.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wouldn't mind this being the next EP especially since there are still no toddlers. I rather wait for EPs like Seasons, Pets, and Supernaturals to be delayed until that life stage gets put in. So Nightlife and University type of EPs would be fine. I do like the Sims 2 apartments the best too. I hope NPCs get patched into the game before the City EP type of release like how the basements are going to be for GTW. I hope the EP has more than 4 community lots and more residential lots.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm really hoping that it's either the City Living expansion pack or the Town Life expansion pack that they mentioned in the survey. So many people are demanding for a world editor, more lots in their worlds, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. So I'm thinking their going to put out things that are going to grab everyone's attention, before they put out a Family Play/Generations themed expansion. I never even thought of looking at the city backdrop as a hint, very clever.

Where so many Simmers are complaining about the missing toddlers and the teen life stage isn't realistic how do we not know if their working on new life stages? Maybe their not just working on toddlers but maybe a whole new life stage of an in between of child and teen; perhaps a pre-teen? It would also make more sense to put out a date-themed expansion pack before a family themed expansion pack. Why? Well... families don't just happen. People need to date, become serious, get engaged, marry, and than start having children or adopting.

I would much prefer to have the City Living expansion pack that gave us apartments and lofts, night clubs, a couple of new careers and gameplay. And than have the Family Play expansion pack. After we got the family play/generations we could get the Town Life expansion pack which gave us the world editor tool and new venues like restaurants and grocery stores that fit around a family environment.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Spot on! :D This feels like an Easter Egg or something, and a very clever one. :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Okay, so obviously take this with a grain of salt, but there are certain hints that the next pack is city themed.

Firstly, from Day One we have been teased a City in the background of Willow Creek;

09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png~original

AgmCTY4.png

Also, in the same Survey that Get To Work was included in we got this Expansion Pack concept as well;
    CITY LIVING

It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!

and recently, some new Concept Art + an in-game object Render leaked online:

boothWhite.jpg

which fits perfectly with the description that there will be DJ's.

We had clues that the first Expansion Pack was going to be Active Careers and Retail Themed, could this be a clue as to what we will see next?

Hopefully yes but I want them to add more stuff other than just apartments, bands and nighclubs; like roomates like in TS2 and the possibility to visit other neighbor's apartments also like in TS2, plus restaurants, online dating and maybe we could see the return of Ms Crumplebottom, the Landlord and a Fortune Teller NPC.

I would love to take my sims to a fancy restaurant downtown and listen sims playing some jazz while they dine :D and then take the sim to my other sims's apartment, it would be awsome.

They could think of introducing cars in that EP too like in TS2 :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Okay, so obviously take this with a grain of salt, but there are certain hints that the next pack is city themed.

Firstly, from Day One we have been teased a City in the background of Willow Creek;

AgmCTY4.png

Also, in the same Survey that Get To Work was included in we got this Expansion Pack concept as well;
    CITY LIVING

It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!

boothWhite.jpg

We had clues that the first Expansion Pack was going to be Active Careers and Retail Themed, could this be a clue as to what we will see next?

Hopefully yes but I want them to add more stuff other than just apartments, bands and nighclubs; like roomates like in TS2 and the possibility to visit other neighbor's apartments also like in TS2, plus restaurants, online dating and maybe we could see the return of Ms Crumplebottom, the Landlord and a Fortune Teller NPC.

I would love to take my sims to a fancy restaurant downtown and listen sims playing some jazz while they dine :D and then take the sim to my other sims's apartment, it would be awsome.

Well guess what a Developer uploaded the other day;

16243216900_15bf9b67e8_c.jpg

A Fortune Teller outfit. So hopefully some more news on those soon (at the same time they uploaded the Alien outfit as well).
    http://simscommunity.net/2015/02/02/sims-4-alien-fortune-teller-textures-marc-apablaza/

And yeah, Apartments like Sims 2 would be great. Late Night with The Sims 3 lacked Gameplay because of Bridgeport being such a priority. I think with the new game, it won't be as bad, and they can focus more on bringing content.
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

AgmCTY4.png

CITY LIVING

boothWhite.jpg

Well guess what a Developer uploaded the other day;

16243216900_15bf9b67e8_c.jpg

A Fortune Teller outfit. So hopefully some more news on those soon (at the same time they uploaded the Alien outfit as well).
    http://simscommunity.net/2015/02/02/sims-4-alien-fortune-teller-textures-marc-apablaza/

And yeah, Apartments like Sims 2 would be great. Late Night with The Sims 3 lacked Gameplay because of Bridgeport being such a priority. I think with the new game, it won't be as bad, and they can focus more on bringing content.

Agreed, and also, I had seen the fortune teller pic before, maybe the booth and the costume are hints at the next EP, I really hope it's a city like pack it's one of my favorite themes along with Vacations and University :) .
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    It could just be something they are working on and something of its been leaked, doesnt mean it will come next just that it will come soon (maybe). I dont mind either way, i really miss toodlers but if they are gna be brilliant im happy to wait. As for city life/appartments i wont mind another world different from the ones we have got as i find it perfect for my single sims that dont have room mates etc, just hope they dont rush city life and sort out all glitches etc before it comes out (if it does) as i found the s3 ep glitchy and annoying especially when the sims got stuck in the elevator.
  • joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    > @nanashi-sims said:
    > Not buying. I hope EP 2 will be a Generations EP.

In my opinion all the objects and interactions of that expansion should be in the base game.
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    I honestly don't see how the game engine would be able to handle a "city" style place. More lots means MORE instanced places and loading screens. With the set up of the game and the engine behind it there's probably an upper limit to the amount of lots that can be available. So yeah...2 or 3 public lots and 2 or 3 "house" lots and that'll probably be it. A huge city with nowhere to go (and everything behind a nice blinding white loading screen) and no place to build and customize. I've said it before and I'll remind us again...the base game is how the game will function and operate for the lifetime of The Sims 4. They can toss content in left, right, and center but the central gameplay cannot be changed without completely rewriting the engine, and that'll never happen. So...when requesting things from Maxis please try to be reasonable and realistic. If you can't imagine it working reasonably in the base game it won't work in your expansion ideas you're formulating. I hate to be a downer but it's the truth. If Maxis get's reasonable requests then they may just come back to the forums and start posting again. From what i see though there's a LOT of ideas that simply can't be implemented...at all...ever. No more open worlds, no "blocks" loading instead of every lot being instanced, no cars that actually function, and toddlers and teen fixes are most likely going to be in paid content. Sure they're tossing you basements if you don't buy but that's a marketing trick to entice new purchases or get old ones to come back, get interested in the game again and buy Get to Work. You really have to rip the hood of the game engine to see how limited the programming is. Playing the game only gives you a vague idea of what's ACTUALLY happening...
    I honestly don't see how the game engine would be able to handle a "city" style place. More lots means MORE instanced places and loading screens. With the set up of the game and the engine behind it there's probably an upper limit to the amount of lots that can be available. So yeah...2 or 3 public lots and 2 or 3 "house" lots and that'll probably be it. A huge city with nowhere to go (and everything behind a nice blinding white loading screen) and no place to build and customize. I've said it before and I'll remind us again...the base game is how the game will function and operate for the lifetime of The Sims 4. They can toss content in left, right, and center but the central gameplay cannot be changed without completely rewriting the engine, and that'll never happen. So...when requesting things from Maxis please try to be reasonable and realistic. If you can't imagine it working reasonably in the base game it won't work in your expansion ideas you're formulating. I hate to be a downer but it's the truth. If Maxis get's reasonable requests then they may just come back to the forums and start posting again. From what i see though there's a LOT of ideas that simply can't be implemented...at all...ever. No more open worlds, no "blocks" loading instead of every lot being instanced, no cars that actually function, and toddlers and teen fixes are most likely going to be in paid content. Sure they're tossing you basements if you don't buy but that's a marketing trick to entice new purchases or get old ones to come back, get interested in the game again and buy Get to Work. You really have to rip the hood of the game engine to see how limited the programming is. Playing the game only gives you a vague idea of what's ACTUALLY happening...

It wouldn't be too hard to have a City Skyscraper, with different floors all active at once. They told us there was no limit to how many floors they could implement, it was just trying to make it work on a computer that meets the minimum requirements.

It's hard because they can't change the game, where it would no longer work on the PC's that contain the minimum requirements.

These were ideas, by the way, were from Maxis. They were the ones who basically asked if we wanted a City landscape. And sure, there would be loading screens between buildings. But on that note, the game can make the most of the public space.

In the Sims 3, the Skyscrapers were pretty small, and didn't take up much space.

MTS_SimEmrys-1151169-wild_plants.jpg

If they made a more realistic sized building, and then make a large amount of parks and public space around each skyscraper, they could make it work.

Ignoring the bad GTA 3 graphics, they could have a Skyscraper with this kind of park space at the base;

BellevillePark-GTA3-eastwards.jpg

and have other parks that can have collectables, BBQ areas, play Equipment, Market Stalls etc.

BellevillePark-GTA3-aerialview.jpg
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Eh. Not super keen on a city EP. I loved nightlife in the Sims 2. Sims 3 and Bridgeport was you know...exciting. I can't even remember what it was called...that's how little the EP excited me. I'm not a huge nightlife kind of player. I loved vampires and I always will. So if vampires make a come back in the EP I will get it...

I was hoping for something different and or unique for the next EP. Something that we have never seen before. Then again...until they bring in toddlers it really would be a shame if they made a family oriented pack/something that wasn't specifically for teens and adults because EA never really have been great at cross EP interactions.

Eh....I really hope this city one is not next.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Not a big fan of these kind of EPs but yes, it looks like all the clues are pointing in the same direction.
    Personally I would like them to focus more on family and community with the next EP as I feel that the base game and first EP (excluding the GP) are already too centred on a single YA sim play style, if the City EP would be next then it would only make it even more obvious.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think it will definetely come, but i expect a generation EP as the second or i'm done with "we hear you!". They also need to remember that toddlers need to be in a free patch if they return them.
    marcellala wrote: »
    I think it will definetely come, but i expect a generation EP as the second, or i'm done with "we hear you!". They also need to remember. that toddlers need to be in a free patch, if they return them.

Well they are hearing us, well kind of me, if they make a nighlife/apartment life EP so.... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think it will definetely come, but i expect a generation EP as the second, or i'm done with "we hear you!". They also need to remember. that toddlers need to be in a free patch, if they return them.

Well they are hearing us, well kind of me, if they make a nighlife/apartment life EP so.... :p

Good for you then. Must have been on a different forum because i think a lot of us were requesting toddlers more frequently than apartments ;)
    edited March 2015

Good for you then. Must have been on a different forum because i think a lot of us were requesting toddlers more frequently than apartments ;)

Toddlers should be in a patch, I'm talking Expansions. That's why they would be listening if the second EP would be Nightlife/Apartement Life.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Toddlers should be in a patch, I'm talking Expansions.

Yeah, i think they make an EP centered around family to have time to develop them and give them in a patch when they release the game. I hope would be a better word than i think, because part of me believes they won't return :(