Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business Petition/Fan Club! 1214 signatures!!!

Comments

• Options
    usa3766usa3766 Posts: 55 Member
    Sign me up.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I doubt you're going to get any more EPs with Sims 3. They are committed to Sims 4. A lot of the store items though will allow for you to run your own business like the Toy Shop, the Bakery, the industrial stove :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,306 Member
    I doubt you're going to get any more EPs with Sims 3. They are committed to Sims 4. A lot of the store items though will allow for you to run your own business like the Toy Shop, the Bakery, the industrial stove :)

They know that... ;) They can still use this petition to try to get it in TS4... :)

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    The title of the thread also says this is a "Petition/Fan Club" so there's no problem with people still posting here ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    The new expansion pack is what we've been waiting for (in Sims 4)! I'M SO EXCITED!!!
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    HOORAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQvlsekQqOc

celebrate.jpg

fireworks.jpg

(P.S. At first I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread... whoops!)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Oh, Darn It! That is one impressive trailer! :o

I've been quite happy to ignore TS4 since it came out (not well suited to my play style, lack of key features, etc.)

BUT if this EP is anything like as flexible and playable as the trailer suggests ... well, I may have to change my mind! I'm hoping they don't have a really good TS4 sale anytime soon as I've still got loads of TS3 to play. ;)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party time! (oldie but a goodie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIlZ5nGs4JI
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    ShaneyBoy wrote: »
    The new expansion pack is what we've been waiting for (in Sims 4)! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Not one hundred percent sure. The few businesses they showed off look great, unfortunately, the business game play maybe stripped down to a bare minimum. The Sims 4 Go to Work is going to also include three other active careers that have nothing to do with running a business. An Open For Business / Ambitions hybrid might be cool, but I hope they didn't skimp too much on the store management game play.
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »

Not one hundred percent sure. The few businesses they showed off look great, unfortunately, the business game play maybe stripped down to a bare minimum. The Sims 4 Go to Work is going to also include three other active careers that have nothing to do with running a business. An Open For Business / Ambitions hybrid might be cool, but I hope they didn't skimp too much on the store management game play.

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. The Sims 4's code is very expandable, and able to take a lot of new features easily. Just take a look at Outdoor Retreat: it's only a Game Pack, but it's so big that some people were treating it like an entire expansion!
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Good for the people looking forward to the new TS4 expansion, but it doesn't seem that great
    Sadly you are correct. Would still be nice if EA fixed TS3 bugs and kept releasing Store content. You know for the people who have no interest in buying TS4 content.

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from. This was the first thing that jumped to my mind. Have they stripped down the OFB gameplay? Will it be as satisfying?

I took a good look at the images to see what is actually included. It looks like we are getting new shelves and pedestals, now... do the things set on these items automatically get set for sale like the savvy seller collection? Or do we have more control: the ability to click on individual items to highlight them for sale as in TS2? I hope it's the TS2 style.

What exactly can we sell? It's important to me that we should be able to sell almost everything! Not just buy-mode items, but any objects available in the game now or in future packs. I feel it is particularly important that we are able to sell the skill objects sims produce, things like woodwork, paintings, fruit and vegetables, etc. It is reassuring to read:

'You can even create your Sims’ own retail business, taking advantage of your Sims’ skills and hobbies to earn those simoleons.'

and

'Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more.'

[source, Simsvip: http://simsvip.com/2015/02/04/ea-announces-the-sims-4-get-to-work-expansion-pack/#more-47660]

So it suggests that we can sell some crafted items. I would like some more confirmation of the exact things that can be sold. My concern stems from TS3 where crafted items could not be sold without the item glitching out (paintings, perfume, etc). Also, TS3 had an issue with pricing crafted items for sale in a OFB way.

I want my sims to be able to share their skills with other sims. So if one sim paints a masterpiece, I don't want to just sell it to an imaginary collector and have it vanish from my game. My sim took time to do that painting! So if I switch households, and think that painting would suit another sim, I want to be able to go and buy that masterpiece so that my artist gets the simoleans and the painting is transferred to the other household. Playing rotationally means I want to take advantage of the skills of specific sims and share those skills with my other households.

It does seem that sims can bake with the new skill and set up a bakery, but where do the cakes go when sold? In TS2 we would sell an item to a sim, and when we switched to that household the item would be in their inventory! It was funny because my sims would always have an inventory full of sports cars after playing with my car dealership!

Another concern is the depth of the gameplay. To what extent do sims have control over their businesses?

'You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!'

So it says we can 'manage' employees but what does this entail? Can we hire and fire them? I would assume so. Can we interview them? What about other features of OFB? Do we get 'mystery shoppers' who come to review the service? Is there some kind of tier system where you can aim to improve the reputation of your business? All these questions!!!

I'll see if I can tempt a guru over here to give us a few more details later. Does anyone else have any questions they would like answered? We can try and find out more. I don't know how much the gurus will be able to tell us, since they probably are still restricted to the 'official' announcement information. But maybe there might be a few things they could clear up? If a guru does appear I hope everyone will be polite and understanding that there is only so much they are allowed to tell us. :)

What I would say is that the features that I've seen so far look very exciting! I'm definitely going to be purchasing this expansion. I loved Ambitions too, and I know that side of the expansion will be very useful to me. I'm already planning which of my sims will be detectives and doctors! And I'm just happy that we have actual shops and not a plumming consignment store! XD

A few more questions:

* How exactly do we set things for sale?
    * Can we set the prices?
    * Do items that are sold go into the inventory of the other sim or do they vanish into the Void of Lost Things?
    * We've seen clothes shops, can sims also shop for groceries? Can sims sell fruit and veg?
    * I'm not seeing flower arranging... can sims sell grown flowers?
    * Can sims sell the creams and potions made with the herbalism skill? Can we sell the ingredients from Outdoor Retreat?
    * Restaurants?
    * The till in the screenshots looks like it's three tiles? Is there a single tile option? (yes... I'm a fussy simmer, please don't think I'm ungrateful!)
    * How exactly does the clothing shop work? Is it like the Ambitions stylist?
    * Can sims make medicine to cure the illnesses?
    * Can sims die from the illnesses?
  • Options
    I have four new questions to add. :)
    • How will Ambitions-style careers blend with The Sims 4's world system? My assumption is that they will work like normal careers when Sims are not active, but you can switch to their workplace and control them there. Just a guess, though, so I'd like to have it clarified.
    • Is the business system built to be expandable? Will future packs and updates allow you to open new business types?
    • Similar to the above question: has the employee system been made expandable? Will new employee types be added with future packs and updates?
    • In The Sims 2, any money spent on a community lot owned by a Sim would go to the owner and contribute to the business. Is this the same in The Sims 4? I hope so, because I'd love for such a complex lot ownership system!
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    I still wish they would surprise us and do an open for business for sims3,but know at this point it would be a impossible dream coming true,but I can always hope that they could do it for both sims3 & sims4,which would be awesome if they did.If we can't have it for sims3 I hope that they bring it out for sims4 which I have no doubt they probably will do in the near future.
  • Options
    SuttiPutt wrote: »
    I still wish they would surprise us and do an open for business for sims3,but know at this point it would be a impossible dream coming true,but I can always hope that they could do it for both sims3 & sims4,which would be awesome if they did.If we can't have it for sims3 I hope that they bring it out for sims4 which I have no doubt they probably will do in the near future.

Hi @SuttiPutt! How are you!?

We've had an Open for Business/Ambitions style expansion confirmed for TS4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinBmBen2Iw
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    congratulations to your success,now this is what we've been asking for in sims3 and never got,who knows they may want to win us over and would make one more expansion as a special anniversary and would give us a open for business too,we can still dream can't we.I'm glad that the sims4 got their wish finally granted have fun when it comes out in April.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I want my sims to be able to share their skills with other sims. So if one sim paints a masterpiece, I don't want to just sell it to an imaginary collector and have it vanish from my game. My sim took time to do that painting! So if I switch households, and think that painting would suit another sim, I want to be able to go and buy that masterpiece so that my artist gets the simoleans and the painting is transferred to the other household. Playing rotationally means I want to take advantage of the skills of specific sims and share those skills with my other households.

I'm currently leading Lyndsay's Gamespot interview, and came across this paragraph:
    And your Sims will be able to set up retail spaces where they can set things for sale. They can run a little cafe where they sell the pies and cakes that they've made at home. They can sell the paintings they've created or even just take items out of the catalog and set up a little toy store or home store.

Looks like they can! :mrgreen:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-s-first-major-expansion-introduces-playable/1100-6425100/
  • Options
    Zerbu wrote: »

I'm currently leading Lyndsay's Gamespot interview, and came across this paragraph:
    And your Sims will be able to set up retail spaces where they can set things for sale. They can run a little cafe where they sell the pies and cakes that they've made at home. They can sell the paintings they've created or even just take items out of the catalog and set up a little toy store or home store.

Looks like they can! :mrgreen:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-4-s-first-major-expansion-introduces-playable/1100-6425100/

Thanks! :)

I'm still a bit wary. Lyndsay is talking about selling the creations, which is great!!! But she doesn't say where they go.

If they get sold into oblivion... I'm still happy that I can sell things in shops. That's still a great feature! I'd just like to know if they remain in the game and get transferred to the other sim's inventory or not. I'd rather know now, then I can accept it and still look forward to the expansion. Than feel disappointed later on. If that makes sense?

Urgh... I hope I don't sound ungrateful! It's just that I'm passionate about my favourite feature! I'm still thrilled we're getting this expansion and I'm so excited for it! :D If I didn't care, I wouldn't be so interested in the details.
  • Options
    usa3766usa3766 Posts: 55 Member
    People are already complaining and it's not even out yet... smh.
  • Options
    usa3766 wrote: »
    People are already complaining and it's not even out yet... smh.

I'm not complaining, I think the expansion looks amazing! I just have a tendency to get carried away with speculating and I'd like more information so I know where we stand. :)
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I love this idea. The bakery and midnight hallow cash registers just don't come close to the sims 2 cash registers in the way they work. It would be nice to have sims come to your store, select stuff to buy, and then line up and pay at the cash register like they did in sims 2. Sounds like sims 4 may be getting what we are wanting for sims 3.
  • Options
    I just wish they would at least make things right for the sims3 people that are still playing it and complete what they left unfinished in sims3 and give us this exspansion as part of the anniversary to at least get in the store which a lot of people would buy and would even consider sims4.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited July 2015
    Bump..I remember when I made that poster; I used a pretty slow laptop to play the game, and it was a pretty fun challenge setting that all up! :P It was! I had the game and Photoshop open, suffering some crazy lag, lot to lot..And with a few of the scenes, I had up to 15 sims in one lot with cheats in order to make the scenes realistic enough. And tons of editing was needed.. It was a lot of fun. :) I couldn't even have anti-aliasing on that computer! :P
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    sign me up