May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business Petition/Fan Club! 1214 signatures!!!

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited July 2014
    SIGNED

*peeks in*

Helloooo :3 If sims 4 doesn't have OFB, I'm going to go out and get a PC just to install sims 2 base & OFB to play...I loved that expansion ^-^

Hi you!!!

I just want to check you know that the whole The Sims 2 collection is available to everyone for free on Origin this week!?

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

The offer is only available for a few more days.

Thank you for this link Cinderellimouse. You convinced me to click it and get it. I have never had Sims 2 and am not sure if it will run on my computer as I have Windows 7. I'm having DirectX9 problems on my laptop with Sims 3 so it may not run on it.

I won't have time to do anything with Sims 2 for a while though but at least it is in my Origin My Games now. :D

EDIT: Oh - and thank you also for Crumpleton. I downloaded it a few days ago. Haven't done anything more than that with it tough. Again - I won't have time for that for a few months - but I have downloaded an unpopulated version of it. I'll let you know how it goes when I get an opportunity to play with it.
  • Options
    FlufflePufflezFlufflePufflez Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed! :)
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    edited July 2014
    If it's not too late, signed!
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2014
    Add me :)
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2014
    Signed.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LadyEchoLadyEcho Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2014
    Signed!
  • Options
    nanhemaynanhemay Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2014
    SIGNED!!!!
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2014
    SIGNED
  • Options
    SwedsimSwedsim Posts: 5 New Member
    Signed!!! I looooved OFB...the best expansion ever...
  • Options
    MissTery532MissTery532 Posts: 10 New Member
    SIGNED A MILLION TIMES OVER!!! :)

I absolutely loved Open for Business, and now I have to try and save up simpoints in hopes of being able to buy Savvy Sellers, the Bakery and Business as Usual Bistro :(
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I played again Sims2 Ultimate Collection & there the Open For Business shop at home once again & all the selling options are still just great! Although the game itself is a little dull meantime after Sims3, i would of course be very happy with a similiar EP for Sims 4 - that would be absolutastic :D
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Rukola, I like that word absolutastic. Yes, wouldn't it be grand if that type of EP would be the first out for sims 4? heavenly sigh...:)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    Sign Me baby !!! yeah :#
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Yes! I want OFB back too.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Shinelu208Shinelu208 Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2014
    Looking foward to having this new feature
    Post edited by Shinelu208 on
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,002 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Cinderellimouse

Unfortunately at this point, EA isn't going to do much else for the Sims 3, other than to maybe release a few minor patches to get rid of the bugs. Your best bet to get more "Open For Business" gameplay in the future is to convince EA to make an expansion pack for the Sims 4 around the theme. The Sims 3 is already past the point where EA is isn't going to make anything new for it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Shinelu208 wrote: »
    Looking forward to having this new feature

Don't get you're hopes up. Sorry, but the Sims 3 is already a game of the past, similar to what the Sims 2 was when the Sims 3 came out. EA has already discontinued making expansion packs, stuff packs, and even new items for the Sims 3 store.

The End of The Sims 3 Store
    http://simsvip.com/2014/08/07/the-end-of-the-sims-3-store/

Its only going to be a matter of time before the Sims 3 store closes its doors now, and its unlikely that EA will change its mind and release any more Sims 3 DLC in the meantime.

Unless you just hate the Sims 4 with a passion, and will never buy the game, you're best bet, is ask EA to add shopping and business management to that game. The only game EA is going to spend any time trying to improve now is the Sims 4, unless and until they start work on the Sims 5. That won't even come out until at least 2019-2020 at the earliest.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Options
    I played again Sims2 Ultimate Collection & there the Open For Business shop at home once again & all the selling options are still just great! Although the game itself is a little dull meantime after Sims3, i would of course be very happy with a similiar EP for Sims 4 - that would be absolutastic :D

So would I, and its unlikely that they'll make anything else for the Sims 3 at this point, so we should start asking for a Sims 4 "Open For Business" pretty soon.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Damien, thank you for your input. When we originally started this thread over a year ago, they were still making expansions for The Sims 3. It was a petition and as so many people signed, the petition was acknowledged by several sim gurus, and resulted in OFB type features being introduced to the store such as the savvy seller collection.

We decided to change the purpose of this thread to a general Open for Business fanclub, just to keep some kind of record of how many simmers like the concept of that expansion pack, and that type of gameplay. I am not currently updating the front page, but I am aware people are still signing and do intend to update the signature list when I have the time/inclination.

Fortunately, I can confidently say that the gurus ARE aware that many simmers hope to see an OFB expansion pack for The Sims 4, and we have had several suggestive clues indicating that this is definitely a possibility.

There are some lovely features in TS4 like gardening; painting; wood craft; etc. It would be nice if we could open stores to sell the things we make, it would give our sims a real purpose! To make things and be able to sell them to other sims in the neighbourhood, or to be able to go to another sims' shop and buy their artwork! I would love that! I do hope we get this type of gameplay earlier, rather than later. Let's hope we don't get fobbed off with another plummin' consignment store, eh?
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    I hope that The Sims 4 will include Nectar Making
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2014
    Wow, glad to see this is still up! Keep doing your thang, Cinderelli!!

Will definitely want an OFB Expansion for TS4, please don't ignore this one EA! D:
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I want every thing that The Sims 3 and Sims 2 have plus animals from the wild tigers, bears etc. And hunting animals like fishing, cows, chickens, pigs, every thing that is on farms, A zoo, like roller coaster rides all in EP and SP not in a store that costs too much extra money can not afford to keep buying from an online store like the Sims 3 game has, Please EA do not ignore us at all, It is what customers want and will buy.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    OFB, because I always fantasize about being a factory worker or store clerk when I play the Sims.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    I sure hope they make a business expansion pack for The Sims 4. I'm certainly ready for one! I can already imagine my Sims running businesses, and getting into all sorts of craziness with their customers and employees.

There is already a hint for it in the Retail part time career for teens. What especially got to me about that was the phrasing "set your sights on the future" (or whatever the exact words were) which could possibly mean OFB will come in the future.

Also, I had a discussion in the chat for a Twitch stream earlier in the week. We were discussing why the base game wouldn't have a "Business" career since it's one they'd easily think of adding, and we agreed that it could be because they're saving the concept for an expansion pack.
  • Options
    Wings7Wings7 Posts: 231 Member
    Open for Business is a must expansion!