Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @crzy_gal_101, that hair has 24,290 polygons and it crashed my game before I could even put it on my Sim in CAS. To put that in perspective an EA hair with a comparable hair style has 3,458 polys.
  • Options
    StephieSimpsonsStephieSimpsons Posts: 24 New Member
    Sintiklia made it work, however it still has tons of issues if you check their tumblr page :) Also, as Levini stated, the SimGlass shader could be modified to the point where it would work but that's such a time consuming thing to do and it's not as safe either, so hopefully the Mods will STILL work for a Solution for it (aka. a proper Shader, lol) and it'll be here in no time :)
  • Options
    LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    It's not that time consuming in a sense as you're only really replacing a few values, It's more or less time consuming you have to do it to all 12 GEOM resources. It is somewhat safe but if you mess up, we have no idea what will arise from that at this point (and have no intention to know)

as far as crashing we Ruled out shader as a possible issue. it may well be either mesh itself or the Bone assignments. Sintilika used a 24,290 Polygon hair, I was using a 15740 Polygon hair and both had crashes for me
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    YsoelYsoel Posts: 6 New Member
    Bump this thread, I would love the ts3 hairs in ts4!
  • Options
    SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    Awsome we are getting some work on this we already got some Tools to make a tool which can get the hairs done ty @simgurumodsquad!!
    Sims 4 Studio can now clone hair and allows you to make your own custom hair. Andrew posted about it here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791384/sims-4-studio-a-versatile-tool-for-making-custom-content#latest
  • Options
    Pendora696Pendora696 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump to help out
  • Options
    Just a Note: S4S doesn't support making alpha editable hairs (until EA patches that shader in of course), but does support the Workaround Method used by me, sintilika and anyone else. I have the full look at what you need to change in the 12 GEOM resources for anyone Interested. I will make a post on it in the morning.

- Much Loves! DemonWolf!

for now while we have the guru looking at getting it implemented I ask that the bumping either slows or stops please. We have the desired result and now we just need to be patient and hope it's implementable in another patch.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    I just came on here to say that the CC Creators are amazing, no bumping. Just appreciation :) Love y'all.
  • Options
    DigitalKatheDigitalKathe Posts: 1 New Member
    The infinite customization in "The Sims" is why it's one of my favorite franchises, and why I even bothered with "The Sims 4". I was already turned off by the negative feedback, but I took a gamble and bought it, and it's alright so far, but...customization is *super* important to someone who has loads of characters already designed, like me. I don't think I'll even care enough to spend any more money on the franchise if EA continues to ignore this. The attitude of the company has already disappointed me several times, and on top of all the problems I've had with the games, continuing to spend money on another game that will have more problems, and add more problems as they add expansions? No thank you.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @DigitalKathe, EA has been helpful to the community and, thanks to their recent sharing of information, the community now has Sims 4 Studio which allows you to make your own custom hair. Andrew posted about it here: Sims 4 Studio. Since the tool was updated there have been several new fully custom hairs released by various creators. I'm sure there will be more as news spreads. :) Also, @SimGuruModSquad has posted in this thread saying that EA is taking a look at alpha hair in specific. At this point, custom content for this game is moving forward quickly and EA has facilitated that. :)
  • Options
    galnaturalgalnatural Posts: 4 New Member
    BUMP ! WE NEED HAIR!!!!
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    BUMP WE NEED HAIR
  • Options
    egoswickegoswick Posts: 2 New Member
    We want our CC hair! Help the modders out!
  • Options
    cypgraduateof09cypgraduateof09 Posts: 6 New Member
    BUMP <3
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    I found a new hair with alpha:
    tumblr_nd48cvzXtk1rzfgbao1_1280.jpg
    http://cazycx.tumblr.com/tagged/sims-4-downloads
    It does not cause any crashing for me, it just gives me a major drop in fps. :\
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    Still uses the same method as the last hairs. Nothing new. EA hasn't patched it in yet.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Levini wrote: »
    Still uses the same method as the last hairs. Nothing new. EA hasn't patched it in yet.

So if ea patches it, these hairs possibly won't make the game lag?
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    SageSirenSageSiren Posts: 1 New Member
    Bumping. We need nice hair
  • Options
    If EA Patches, We will have hair that works properly without a workaround. The current way of workaround uses the same Shaders as glasses, which causes for the hair to essentially behave like glass themselves.

I can't say anything for the lagging because that's a very dependent thing. There's too many factors in lagging (Your System, How much CC you have, etc.)
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    Ioli11Ioli11 Posts: 2 New Member
    BUMP
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Don't forget us <3 @SimGuruModSquad
  • Options
    MarieGoldOfUniverseMarieGoldOfUniverse Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP