Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    3250977-0.jpg
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    BBBBBBBUUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!!! @simgurumodsquad
  • Options
    ZeAuthorZeAuthor Posts: 9 New Member
    Bump! This needs to happen! I just got the sims 4 installed yesterday and have been looking for cc to fill my ocd over having.. well.. cc. and I was going crazy trying to find custom hair, but all I've come across is retextures. Now I know why and this is soooo not cool. We need to be able to have custom hair! Come on EA! >:C
  • Options
    kawaiiigodkawaiiigod Posts: 1 New Member
    bump
  • Options
    LulubelleAppleLulubelleApple Posts: 36 Member
    bumpity
  • Options
    SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    god help us
  • Options
    rhsimsrhsims Posts: 3 New Member
    bumping again. this is so importAnt to me
  • Options
    xceciliaxcecilia Posts: 21 Member
    bump!
  • Options
    BMalauryBMalaury Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump !

EA, the money don't gains with nothing.
  • Options
    eGuVrCi.jpg
  • Options
    HodysinHodysin Posts: 9 New Member
    I just saw this post on tumblr.

sintiklia.tumblr.com/post/98036942305/i-also-decide-to-import-hair-as-accessory-to-sims

Accessories have alpha channels, so you could import cc hairs as accessories instead.

I don't see EA doing anything to fix this, so this is our last resort if we want alpha hairs.
  • Options
    Levini, we have a solution!
    tumblr_nc8pj47r1j1s7nvfvo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nc8pj47r1j1s7nvfvo2_1280.jpg

• Options
    LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    Does it work with Sunglasses or any glasses for the matter?
    The problem with the shaders is that there's only 3 shaders for CAS. SimSkin, Phong and SimGlass.

Phong and SimSkin don't support alpha for some reason. Making it an accessory using the SimGlass shader is a nice solution but makes it incompatible with glasses either way. I don't want a solution that excludes more (Cause high poly hair already excludes fat sims as it is.). If Ea doesn't want to listen to the paying customers, then I would rather them lose their customer base (and have people continue to petition) until they give a darn instead of sitting here with a solution that takes away more customization possibilities. EA already did enough of removing customization possibilities.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    Levini wrote: »
    Does it work with Sunglasses or any glasses for the matter? <br />
    The problem with the shaders is that there's only 3 shaders for CAS. SimSkin, Phong and SimGlass. <br />
    <br />
    Phong and SimSkin don't support alpha for some reason. Making it an accessory using the SimGlass shader is a nice solution but makes it incompatible with glasses either way. I don't want a solution that excludes more (Cause high poly hair already excludes fat sims as it is.). If Ea doesn't want to listen to the paying customers, then I would rather them lose their customer base (and have people continue to petition) until they give a darn instead of sitting here with a solution that takes away more customization possibilities. EA already did enough of removing customization possibilities.
    You can ask the person who made those hairs: http://sintiklia.tumblr.com/ask
  • Options
    @Levini, Do hats support alpha?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hats do not.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    StephieSimpsonsStephieSimpsons Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2014
    This is beyond ridiculous @simgurumodsquad , if you have no idea how to fix your game yourself atleast SAY something.
  • Options
    eGuVrCi.jpg
  • Options
    HodysinHodysin Posts: 9 New Member
    Aren't there supposed to be a bunch of gurus assisting modders on here? 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    Honestly if all else does fail, there's a work around, but I don't want to sit here complacent with workarounds that further reduce creativity of the game just because it's there and it's convient. I'm sorry if I sounded rude in my earlier posts on it but I am not one to be complacent with a workaround fix, especially if EA's been cutting corners on a game that was supposed to be the improvement but at this point is just a huge leap back to square 1. If EA doesn't want to do this then they best prepare for people to lose interest in the game, even with workarounds (Because as said before, the work around doesn't work with glasses as I have tried all 3 shaders and the only one to support alpha editability is the Glasses shader, which collides with hair. Simskin is the base shader all EA hairs and most items use and doesn't cut alpha and Phong doesn't even allow use on hairs at all for some reason)

I have a belief of voting with your wallets and if enough consumers have the strong feelings of wanting alpha editable hair that allows for wearing with any accessory item and vote right with their wallet on that and any other basis they desire, I feel that EA might just give in to consumer demands. If people give up now then you will have let EA know that they can continue to shaft their consumer base and milk the franchise dry without providing quality they should be expected to provide for the money paid to them from the door. This is an opprotunity to tell EA that you want this to happen and honestly I think the threats of not buying into their stuff until they listen and give what is desired is a very good way to make your point clear. EA's mod devs can ignore it long enough but it will (and hopefully should) reflect in their next set of sales when they try to push another EP on us.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    simserenitysimserenity Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Levini said:
    > Honestly if all else does fail, there's a work around, but I don't want to sit here complacent with workarounds that further reduce creativity of the game just because it's there and it's convient. I'm sorry if I sounded rude in my earlier posts on it but I am not one to be complacent with a workaround fix, especially if EA's been cutting corners on a game that was supposed to be the improvement but at this point is just a huge leap back to square 1. If EA doesn't want to do this then they best prepare for people to lose interest in the game, even with workarounds (Because as said before, the work around doesn't work with glasses as I have tried all 3 shaders and the only one to support alpha editability is the Glasses shader, which collides with hair. Simskin is the base shader all EA hairs and most items use and doesn't cut alpha and Phong doesn't even allow use on hairs at all for some reason)
    >
    > I have a belief of voting with your wallets and if enough consumers have the strong feelings of wanting alpha editable hair that allows for wearing with any accessory item and vote right with their wallet on that and any other basis they desire, I feel that EA might just give in to consumer demands. If people give up now then you will have let EA know that they can continue to shaft their consumer base and milk the franchise dry without providing quality they should be expected to provide for the money paid to them from the door. This is an opprotunity to tell EA that you want this to happen and honestly I think the threats of not buying into their stuff until they listen and give what is desired is a very good way to make your point clear. EA's mod devs can ignore it long enough but it will (and hopefully should) reflect in their next set of sales when they try to push another EP on us.

THIS ! THIS !
    Come on EA, you have already delete the Create-a-Style ! Do you you really think people are ok with non-alpha-editable hairs ? DO SOMETHING, or at least, SAY SOMETHING ! This is ridiculous. You guys act like children ! -_-''
  • Options
    ZeAuthorZeAuthor Posts: 9 New Member
    Buuummmpppp!!!! I'm probably gonna be bumping up this thread every day until EA gets the hint.
  • Options
    akuyakuuuakuyakuuu Posts: 0 New Member
    Bump!!Bump!!Bump!!Bump!!QAQ LOOK HERE!!!!
  • Options
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SnozzingSnozzing Posts: 4 New Member
    Bumpppppp!