Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• Options
    RockDiva08RockDiva08 Posts: 3 New Member
    Another bump from meee! ;)
  • Options
    ZeAuthorZeAuthor Posts: 9 New Member
    BUMP!
  • Options
    Bobbie2583Bobbie2583 Posts: 5 New Member
    Bump
  • Options
    SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    > @Levini said:
    > Does it work with Sunglasses or any glasses for the matter?
    > The problem with the shaders is that there's only 3 shaders for CAS. SimSkin, Phong and SimGlass.
    >
    > Phong and SimSkin don't support alpha for some reason. Making it an accessory using the SimGlass shader is a nice solution but makes it incompatible with glasses either way. I don't want a solution that excludes more (Cause high poly hair already excludes fat sims as it is.). If Ea doesn't want to listen to the paying customers, then I would rather them lose their customer base (and have people continue to petition) until they give a darn instead of sitting here with a solution that takes away more customization possibilities. EA already did enough of removing customization possibilities.

so true
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey guys, sorry for the slow response on this.

The game currently does not support alpha on hairs. However, it is not impossible and is something we are talking about internally as we know you guys really want it.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad, Thank you for answering my question. I'm glad to hear that alpha for hair isn't impossible and I hope you can implement it. It's not that important to me, personally, but this community needs it's custom hair as you can see. For whatever reason, it really is among the most important things players want.

We are also having difficulty with some of the GEOM data that seems like it might be related to the Sims 4 sliders. There has been nothing like this data block in previous games and we can't get any traction on it. This is making it impossible for us to mod any hair, alpha or not. We cannot mod any clothes either. If any of the teams working on this could there would be a tool out there for our creators now and there isn't. They are ready to mod this game and they can't because no tool is available for them to do so.

We don't need full documentation. But some clue as to what the two new data structure arrays that were added to the end of the GEOM format are, and some hint to the algorithm they're using, would be very helpful.

Without information from you this is a problem that could only be solved by brute force...and that could take longer than this game lasts. Is help something we can hope for or should we tell the creators, modders, and players that this isn't going to happen in any realistic time frame?
  • Options
    Hey orangemittens, yes I can help with that. Do you have documentation somewhere of the parts of this resource you have figured out already?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @SimGuruModSquad:

https://github.com/Sims4Group/Sims4Tools/wiki/0x015A1849 This is our community Wiki.

This is the problematic part:

--else if (Version == 0x0C)
    DWORD count1
    --repetition count1:
    DWORD // index of vertex in vertex data
    DWORD v2Count
    --repetition v2Count:
    FLOAT[2] // some kind of vertex adjustment for seams in morphs?
    DWORD count2
    --repetition count2:
    DWORD // seems to be index of bone in RIG resource ?
    SHORT[3] // seem to be indexes of vertices in a face ?
    FLOAT[13] // some kind of bone adjustments for arm position etc.
    BYTE // usually 0xFF
  • Options
    LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    Just a note, Please no more bumpages, This is getting answered!! Let's hope and see now!!
    -This Space for rent!-
  • Options
    LulubelleAppleLulubelleApple Posts: 36 Member
    > @Levini said:
    > Just a note, Please no more bumpages, This is getting answered!! Let's hope and see now!!

I am so glad. I was getting really anxious.
  • Options
    NLlingNLling Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!! :D
  • Options
    phoebe941217phoebe941217 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!! I really like those ts3 hairs, I wish it will appear in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    no more bumps guys we are getting answers.!!!!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I started a new thread with info on the CAS Geometry Resource Data Format. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks so much...this is very helpful :)
  • Options
    jilldodojilldodo Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump this thread, I would love the ts3 hairs in ts4!!!!!!!
  • Options
    huan154545066huan154545066 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Hey guys, sorry for the slow response on this.

The game currently does not support alpha on hairs. However, it is not impossible and is something we are talking about internally as we know you guys really want it.

Many of us will be incredibly ecstatic if alpha on hairs is implemented! Thanks for the answer, @SimGuruModSquad! :)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    CrownxMexKingCrownxMexKing Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump. MOD MOD MOD
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    bump please ea
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Bump for interest
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    glamorousrebelglamorousrebel Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump.
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited September 2014
    Levini, the person who made the hair I previously posted, uploaded it to TSR you should try it to see if the hair works with the game: http://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/sintiklia--hair-scarlet/id/1258982/#mTfXgw8XvRImHeMo.18
    w-600h-450-2496623.jpg
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    Just checked it and I looked in it and it uses the SimGlass shader. Though it's modified a little. I took that apart and tried it on another hair and it kinda works. I would rather still wait for a proper shader that people can simply clone from without having to go in and modify to make work.
    -This Space for rent!-