Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Players - Plz Rate The Game (Average Score: 3.84/5.0)

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »

That is correct, I have not played it yet (This weekend will happen) but people who got their hands on it are pretty positive now. You can see here from the majority of ratings.

I hope you're not disappointed when you play. :)

Thank you. I really hope so
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Despite some of the glaring things missing and the more "reduced" world size, the improvements/new things that are in make this a solid buy for me thus far. 4 out of 5 for the time being. My only concern is of course the inevitable deluge of DLC/EPs and the price points those tend to fall under.

The EPs worry me too, as I fear they might make load times insanely long.

Load time increase is a concern but given the snappiness of the engine, I think that shouldn't be too big of a problem. The bigger wrench in the gears would likely be if they went back to an open world with seamless transitions given how much more the game would need to load at start-up. I suspect even so, it would still be WAY faster/smoother than Sims 3 xD

My concern is definitely EP/DLC price point. I don't even own half of Sims 3's EPs on account of how shallow some of them were and that 30-35 a pop for most of them >_<
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    loialarentloialarent Posts: 65 Member
    4.5/5 from me. Great base game, but the size of neighborhoods and a few other things bother me just enough to not give it a 5. Was going to give it just a normal 4 but there are a lot of little, somewhat hidden things that make this game have MUCH more depth than previous entries.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I would give it a 4

More fun than I have had in any base game for The Sims.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
  • Options
    waltercrosswaltercross Posts: 12 New Member

So many missing things and features...I can't bring my self to giving it a better rating...It'll be an Insult to the series.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Put me down for 5/5.

There's nothing I don't like.
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    4.5 is about right. Being a base game it is at a disadvantage from the get go. That said I have just touched the surface of the game. Haven't tried building or family life or romance. I have just been focused on my two sims' aspirations and seeing how that goes.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    3/5
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    GrifttGriftt Posts: 36 Member
    A solid 4/5. It started out as a 3.5 but am loving it the more I explore.
  • Options
    mplsnick46mplsnick46 Posts: 23 Member
    As far as being just the base game and knowing further things are going to be added, I give it a 5/5. This version has a lot of potential and am looking forward to seeing what path it takes along the way.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    After 2 days of playing I'll rate the game at 4.5/5. I give the game this rating for many reasons. But I'm only going to list a few
    Pros-
    multitasking, its amazing. I love it. Everytime my sims multitask something new it just makes me smile. Except when he multitasked drinking a bar drink on the toilet, that made me laugh so hard, and then I had to get a screenshot for the angry poop thread.
    graphics-the game is really really lovely. the worlds are beautiful and I really like the look
    performance-my game runs amazingly well. I have everything on the highest settings, and my loading screens have never passed 10 seconds, (I count each time) they are usually around 6-8 seconds. with the shortest one being 3 seconds.
    romance- the romantic interactions are really nice.

Cons-
    Sometimes the emotions change too easily/quickly. its far too easy for sims to become uncomfortable.
    marriage- the sims don't change their name when they get married, there's not even an option for it, and the only way to change your sim's name is to use cheats. I really don't like that, sims should be provided with options on changing the name, at the very least. (truthfully this is the major reason I cannot give the game a 5. yes its that important to me)
    friends are stalkers- my sims friends knock on the door multiple times a day every single day. this is really weird, and a little bit creepy. I'd prefer if they only knocked on the door a few times a week at most. I'd rather them call than just hang on my sim's doorstep waiting to get in

But overall I really am enjoying the game. I think its a great base to build from, and I look forward to getting many EP's :)

WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    4/5

It would be higher but it's got a few bugs in it.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2014
    3.5/5. I am have a lot of fun, but the controls are so awkward and it definitely could use some improvement.

I will say an area where they've really made it better are the careers - you have daily goals instead of just learning skills. I actually want to try all of the careers, I hated all the normal ones in Sims 3. I like the new gardening abilities but again, it could be streamlined a lot better and I miss being able to eat produce I've grown straight from my inventory. You can cook stuff you've grown, but so far no eating it as is.
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    3.5 after the first day when I spent a lot of time trying to work around various glitches.

Final is a 4 because once I figured them out and how to work around them they were not a big deal.

So 4/5
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Solid 4 from me. I'll give it higher if it starts acting weirder. Glad to see decision boxes returned, though need more variety of them.
  • Options
    Nothing_is_SoundNothing_is_Sound Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    4/5

They created the best vanilla Sims game I've played since the original Sims came out in 2000. There's plenty to do, your sims interact with each other wonderfully, build mode and CAS is wonderfully updated (though I don't think CAS is as intuitive as some make it out to be - I haven't been able to create anyone from real life), and while they don't have some of the major features from popular expansion packs (seasons, pets, etc.), they have added some of the smaller features like worktables, bar tending, and some fun community lots. I also LIKE that it's not open world, focusing on segments of the community and only a single lot. Gives it a more intimate feel and, believe it or not, the load screens SAVE TIME as compared to having to drive all over the neighborhood. AND I have only seen ONE MINOR bug.

TL;DR: I normally buy a new Sims game, check out the features, and return to the previous iteration until some expansion packs are released. I'm just going to be playing Sims 4 from now on.
  • Options
    wanesgroovewanesgroove Posts: 8 New Member
    A big ol 4.5 from me. I'm having a truck load of fun with this game!
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited September 2014
    4.0 people expected to much for the base game but its honest fun. I have purchased similar priced games often that offered a lot less... with less fun factor. The sims 4 is a top shelf game, high quality, and amusingly fun.
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    4.0 people expected to much for the base game but its honest fun. I have purchased similar priced games often that offered a lot less... with less fun factor. The sims 4 is a top shelf game, high quality, and amusingly fun.

Titanfall?
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    GrifttGriftt Posts: 36 Member
    @Nothing_is_sound Original sims player here too and I agree with you 100%. No way will I be touching 3 after this, maybe 1 for the memories.
  • Options
    janesansiblejanesansible Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    3/5
    I like the smoothness of the controls. But, it's a little bit boring as there are not enough lots to visit and just disappearing into thin air for work is wierd.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'll give it a 3 for now.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Alright now that I finally have the chance to play it I can also rate it.

Since you don't accept a .8 I'll give it a 5/5

It has some kinks but they can be evened out... at least... I hope they will be.

More detailed thoughts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778423/my-little-sims-review-and-screens
    ... jinkies oO