Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited March 2022

...hibernation is impossible when so many beautiful voices fill the surroundings. Thanks @cyncie and everyone for all the music <3

@GrimlyFiendish Four Vieux Carré pour moi et mes amis (for me and my friends)!

OIcPGJj.png

Hmm, looking at those dishes, @GrimlyFiendish are you sure that is beetroot? My friends and I think it's a tasty plasma fruit salad. I hope so, otherwise we will look for other snacks >:)

In the meantime I leave another sweet voice to The Blue Moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAq9-MmBcY
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    4 Vieux Carre's coming up, and I'm sure plasma fruit could be substituted in that dish. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited March 2022
    Happy festivities, travelers! I see @GrimlyFiendish has the refreshments started. I’ll just add some fresh beignets and cafe au lait to augment the, um, stronger offerings.

@emere Welcome. I hope your friends enjoy their stay with us.

Today, on the jukebox, we’re including a nice bit of ambient New Orleans jazz to get you in the mood for the day.

https://youtu.be/DHE7I1MWbrc

• Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    Happy festivities, travelers! I see @GrimlyFiendish has the refreshments started. I’ll just add some fresh beignets and cafe au lait to augment the, um, stronger offerings.

@emere Welcome. I hope your friends enjoy their stay with us.

Today, on the jukebox, we’re including a nice bit of ambient New Orleans jazz to get you in the mood for the day.

https://youtu.be/DHE7I1MWbrc

Wonderful, I'm rather partial to New Orleans, Trad, Big Band and Hot Jazz. My late Grandfather was the leader of a jazz band in South Australia from the early 1920s, he was one of a handful of people who were the first to start playing 'hot'.

It's not a very good picture, being a copy of an old newspaper clipping, but that's my Grandfather (Tommy Dorling) out the front in his spiffy white tux. :)

vXo2rP5.jpg

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    @cyncie

Thank you so much for putting on a spread of food. The beignets are delicious and to die for, all my vampire friends think so too. I hope you don't mind that took a few home. I have to say that I'm quite a fan of jazz and swing, so maybe one day I'll visit NO and see it for myself.

@GrimlyFiendish

Extremely cool family backstory. I'm seriously impressed.
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »

@GrimlyFiendish

Thanks. :) I didn't get to meet my Grandfather, he died a few months before I was born. I did get to meet some of his old band mates when I was a child, and heard a lot of stories about him. He was a very talented musician, played banjo, guitar, mandolin, clarinet and piano, as well as occasionally providing vocals for his different bands. :)

• Options

@GrimlyFiendish

Thanks. :) I didn't get to meet my Grandfather, he died a few months before I was born. I did get to meet some of his old band mates when I was a child, and heard a lot of stories about him. He was a very talented musician, played banjo, guitar, mandolin, clarinet and piano, as well as occasionally providing vocals for his different bands. :)

I'm truly sorry to hear that you didn't get to meet him, he sounds like a special, talented man, but his appreciation for music obviously lives on in you. I'm always poignantly envious of musically talented people. I never explored this facet of life myself, not beyond a general appreciation of music. Do you play anything, or sing?
  • Options

I'm truly sorry to hear that you didn't get to meet him, he sounds like a special, talented man, but his appreciation for music obviously lives on in you. I'm always poignantly envious of musically talented people. I never explored this facet of life myself, not beyond a general appreciation of music. Do you play anything, or sing?

I don't, but I used to. I learnt the organ when I was a child, I wanted to one day go on to play those beautiful old pipe organs. Unfortunately I ended up with one of those really strict teachers that just sucks every ounce of joy out of learning or playing. I eventually quit taking lessons and just played for my Grandmother, because she enjoyed it. When she died I had no real reason to continue playing, so I stopped. In terms of musicality I went more towards the dance side of things, I studied classical ballet for a while, and then modern, jazz, freestyle, ballroom, jive and jitterbug (I used to love doing the aerial moves, they were fun). I have some physical health issues now though that sometimes limits my movement, so I don't get to dance much these days, or at least not the way I used to.

I was Tommy's first grandchild as well, apparently he was thrilled to bits and was trying to hang on towards the end (he had lung cancer) so he could at least meet me once. Tommy had a complicated life, let's just say that although he loved my Dad being on the road and being so immersed in the nightclub/party lifestyle with the band made it difficult for him to always provide the most stable upbringing. I did hear stories of my Dad as a child of about 8-10 being taken to different venues when the band was playing and Tommy hadn't been able to secure a babysitter for the evening. The venue owners were never too impressed, but the other band members and bands that were on the line up used to take turns looking after him, and they gave him a seat backstage or at the bar so he could watch his Dad play. It sounds very romantic in theory, but a crowded nightclub after dark probably wasn't the most appropriate place for a child.

• Options

@GrimlyFiendish

Thank you for sharing. So, you're both musical and dancer! I love to sing and dance, though I'm not special in that regard. I do understand how it can feel when you're restricted by health or life circumstances. I can imagine that your father probably had some mixed feelings about his father's career, what with the travelling from home. Still, very cool to have a band leader in the family.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    Another for the jukebox.

https://youtu.be/RZ2oXzrnti4
  • Options
    @GrimlyFiendish @Kironide So glad you enjoyed the jazz addition to the Jukebox. I also am partial to jazz and highly recommend visiting NOLA if you get the chance.

@EmmaVane Thank you for the recommendation!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
  • Options
    @cyncie The New Orleans jazz and heritage festival would be fantastic to see. I know there are still some good jazz events in my old home city, but with covid & other stuff we haven't had a chance to really explore what things are like where we live now (Melbourne). I am fairly particular about the jazz I like as well, my ADHD brain cannot bear freestyle type jazz where I can't get a clear grip on the beat or melody - by contrast my husband enjoys freestyle jazz and doesn't like trad or bigband.

And whilst we're on the subject of Jazz, allow me to drop another record in the jukebox. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W59FzOwYIs&amp;ab_channel=fischkopf

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Greets, travelers. I pointed out the jukebox additions to the Wednesday night crowd. They were skeptical at first.

K6vvZlh.png

However, once the music started, they were enjoying it very much.

YPI2sO2.png

Cheers, and have a great rest of the week.
  • Options
    Well it's 3.47 am here in Melbourne, let's see, what should I kick the party off with...

Someone want to head out and collect some fruits to brew some wine with? Honestly I'd do it myself, but wine making isn't my forte, wine drinking on the other hand? Oh, and make it nice and red, like blood. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZATF7fIa6o&amp;ab_channel=the78prof

• Options
    edited March 2022
    @GrimlyFiendish

You're up late, or is it early? I'm listening to some Julie Rivers and Billie Holiday for a mellow vibe. I'll get round to posting sometime as a suggestion for the Blue Moon.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Deleted double post
  • Options
    @GrimlyFiendish

You're up late, or is it early? I'm listening to some Julie Rivers and Billie Holiday for a mellow vibe. I'll get round to posting sometime as a suggestion for the Blue Moon.

I'm up early, or late whichever way you look at it. I went to sleep at about 3.30 in the afternoon and woke up just past midnight. I have a sleep condition called sleep phase onset disorder, it's a fancy way of saying I'm a night owl. Basically my body clock is sort of biologically preset to be more awake at night, so it's not unusual for me to stay up until past 2 or 3 am until I can sleep (and then sleep during the day) or sometimes I'll go to bed after lunch sometime and then be up by about midnight or just after. It's one of the less treatable sleep disorders, I've tried lots of different techniques that are recommended, none of them worked. Most of us just eventually end up accepting it and adjusting our lives accordingly, so taking night jobs, working on projects at night, that sort of thing. :)

And Lady Day, nice choice! I have to admit to being a tad more partial to Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey though, although I'll never turn day some Billie Holiday.

• Options
    Sorry to hear that, I'm a natural night owl, so I never get enough sleep, but I function just barely. I like Bessie Smith, but I'll have to look out for Ma Rainey, don't think I've heard her work.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, I'm a natural night owl, so I never get enough sleep, but I function just barely. I like Bessie Smith, but I'll have to look out for Ma Rainey, don't think I've heard her work.

Ma Rainey's stuff is hard to find in good condition, lot of her stuff was recorded in the 1920s and efforts to remaster it have been mixed. This is one of my favourite songs from her, she's singing about being a lesbian in in the 1920s when homosexuality was still illegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srSLnF8xcj8&amp;ab_channel=MaRainey-Topic

• Options
    Thanks for sharing. :) Love it.
  • Options
    Don't mind me, just sliding in to drop another record in the jukebox. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAZ8unRm2c&amp;ab_channel=PublicImageLimitVEVO

• Options
    I'm mixing up a Blood and Sand if anyone would like one as well, don't worry there's no actual sand in the cocktail. B)

How is everyone's occults doing out there? :)

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2022
    Libiaira made the unfortunate decision to become a necromancer as a teen to rebel against her parents, but hey, now she can raise the dead.

Need your rich uncle revived so he can add you into his will and then die again? Mourning your lover? She gotchu…with certain limitations, of course. Grim has competition!
    But she really wouldn’t advise becoming one, even if it meant you could have your own dead army. Does come with some side effects.

8Trxl6n.png

CvJKJje.png

Put this on the jukebox, will you?
    https://youtu.be/CwykCdNa8Wk
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

One Blood and Sand here, please @GrimlyFiendish

Well I been struggling with one couple (alien and ex vampire). It is an old couple, I played them a lot. He was the first a created in my 4 years save. But I neglected them for months! Sometimes I get fond of my characters so I do not let them get older. But I need to move on in order of having a new generation. They were ready to grow old but thaks to the new "story progression" my :| plans were ruined. They got a baby, a non alien blue baby.

I resigned myself and played it to move them to another house suitable for toddlers. The new house inluded a Servo, so if my couple get old and die before the kid is a teen, I can keep him safe from the social service. I was about to move the when this happened:

4UqFEbu.png

So moving house was delayed a few sims hours, but at the end I did it. I activate the new servo an verything was cozy in my game.

mmHbcxd.png

...but my save REALLY want to keep me playing this couple for eternity... the next day this happened:

iFJt9vH.png

Noooooooo, this couple do not want more babies (ok I do not want more babies with this household).

Only once I returned a baby to sixam. Call me stupid but back then a felt guilty :s after that I have kept all the babies due to abductions. But now I'm not sure.

Well they looked really happy at Winterfest... I got out of the game after this photo:
    ex1CKy5.png

This are not the first kids of this couple: She have a vampire son (young adult), both have an alien son (already married young adult), and now they have a non alien blue son... should I keep the new alien???

Ok. I need another Blood and Sand while I enjoy the new music :#

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top