Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    *drops a coin in the jukebox* Crank this up to 11 my good sirs and madams. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EJdcFbTJUo&ab_channel=starmelts
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited April 2022
    David and Damico get a lot of "out of town" visitors.

02-Aliens-visit.jpg

03-Aliens-visit.jpg

04-Aliens-visit.jpg

05-Aliens-visit.jpg

06-Aliens-visit.jpg

They think your fine establishment looks like a great place to entertain them.

07-Aliens-visit.jpg

Note: David is a non-magical, mortal human. But he's okay. Damico will vouch for him.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Leanan Sidhe and Hel Reaper are politely trolling for their next victim...er I mean politely enquiring as to the potential of a new houseguest ;)

Leanan is a water fae that lives off the energy of mortals in exchange for being their muse and granting them a boost of creative power (they eventually wither and die, but they make great works of art before they shuffle of the mortal coil). Hel is a vampire who really doesn't mind having a fresh supply of blood on tap, even if it means her partner has to make nice with the food. B)

I'm still trying to work out how I can change the current house they live in to make the basement lockable, so I can lock Leanan and Hel's morsels, I mean 'mortals', in the basement.

7cIMYWL.png

In the meantime Grim welcomed another son, Ryder.

safGL7L.png

Grim's not above playing dolls either, I believe he may enjoy it more than the kids do.

VaT2spC.png

Grim and his sons are probably due a boys night out soon, I'll have them drop by this fine establishment for the ambience.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

David and Damico get a lot of "out of town" visitors.

They think your fine establishment looks like a great place to entertain them.

Note: David is a non-magical, mortal human. But he's okay. Damico will vouch for him.

Ah, yes.. “Out of town” visitations are especially interesting. Welcome to The Blue Moon. We’ll make sure David is comfortable.

Leanan Sidhe and Hel Reaper are politely trolling for their next victim...er I mean politely enquiring as to the potential of a new houseguest ;)

Leanan is a water fae that lives off the energy of mortals in exchange for being their muse and granting them a boost of creative power (they eventually wither and die, but they make great works of art before they shuffle of the mortal coil). Hel is a vampire who really doesn't mind having a fresh supply of blood on tap, even if it means her partner has to make nice with the food. B)

I'm still trying to work out how I can change the current house they live in to make the basement lockable, so I can lock Leanan and Hel's morsels, I mean 'mortals', in the basement.

In the meantime Grim welcomed another son, Ryder.

Grim's not above playing dolls either, I believe he may enjoy it more than the kids do.

Grim and his sons are probably due a boys night out soon, I'll have them drop by this fine establishment for the ambience.

I do love a locked room mystery. Perhaps separate dungeons ….um…rooms… for Leanan and Hel’s “friends” that are locked to all but one sim? And congrats to Grim. A round of drinks on the house in celebration.

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

OMG @VeeDub I'm in shock, I haven't heard that Sting song in years... I loved it so much! It is weird how we can stop listening to certain songs, but when you listen them again they are like little boxes full of memories <3 Thanks @VeeDub

I took a little break from my sims but I'm back again... it seems inevitable.

I hope the new roadmap give us occult players good news. Meanwhile I leave you some music while I look for something to drink around here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAq9-MmBcY&amp;list=RDy6NGk0y2u5w&amp;index=26
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @emere My pleasure. :) I'm familiar indeed with the impact of those music-induced boxes of memories you mentioned. They're one of my favorite things about life and music, in fact. :heart: I also hope the new roadmap has good news for those of us who travel under the moon... or in the void. Welcome back!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT BE GETTING WEREWOLVESS
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited May 2022
    Apricus wrote: »
    LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT BE GETTING WEREWOLVESS

As I have stated earlier in this thread. :wink:
    Greetings, travelers! It is certainly very exciting here today. One does hope the speculation is true, and we will be welcoming some more lupine types to The Blue Moon.

Which reminds me, we are running low on kibble. I’ll be certain to order extra in anticipation of greater demand.
    Bumped for a jukebox update. Enjoy, fellow travelers.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I was just having a think while prepping for the new pack:

26-102DC.jpg

Why don't normal sims have some dialogue about spellcasters sims like vampires do?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Today I updated my profile pic in the hopes that we get werewolves soon (and in even more hopes that they turn out to be awesome). It's actually the very first profile pic I had on these forums, taken from the very first screenshot I ever posted back in December 2020. The sim was the middle brother in the family of the fellow from my previous avatar (back when all three brothers were still alive). Although we had no were-creatures or even wolves (not officially, anyway), I designed him around a rather wolf-like theme, even down to his name. That was Varka, taken from an Old Persian word for "wolf" (or 𐎺𐎼𐎣 in Behistun script, which looks very much like claw marks, doesn't it?).

Varka didn't quite make it to becoming the heir of his family line in his original appearance (that went to his elder brother), and I always regretted not being able to give him more play time than I did back then. So I've decided that I'll be resurrecting him if we do indeed get werewolves of the sort that I'd want to have as a permanent part of my game. :sunglasses:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    I was just having a think while prepping for the new pack:

26-102DC.jpg

A little advance preparation is always a good idea.

Why don't normal sims have some dialogue about spellcasters sims like vampires do?

A very good question.

@VeeDub thank you for introducing us to Varka. Hopefully we’ll see more of him in the near future.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Definitely hoping for some werewolves to join us.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    This is Laila Benali. She's a teen, super social, gay, very dramatic, fond of skipping school but attending drama club, and loves to go out in the city at night and talk to the people in animal costumes, has been writing books since childhood like her dad Salim, and her latest idea is a series of books called The Wolf Women.
    Werewolves could not come along at a better time.

laila-teen.png
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite She obviously has a keen interest in... ah... researching the topic. Let's hope for the best.
    Greetings travelers. Just a little addition to the Blue Moon Jukebox to round out your Friday the 13th.

https://youtu.be/egqv1mtos6A
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    *flutters in*

Another Cherry Blossom Nectar, please. Ah, I only stepped outside for a minute and now it seems five months have passed.
    edited May 2022
    @viola-illyria Time is irrelevant here. Welcome back!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Thought I'd stop by after watching the moon transform into a jack-o'-lantern last night. It seemed a little unseasonal, but beautiful with the fireflies and the stars lighting up the background. Gave the fairies good camouflage to fly about. There was a good bit of howling last night too, though it seemed to subside as the shadow covered the moon 🌒 and turned it to orange. Do lunar eclipses weaken werewolves?
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    What is this thread, particularly? A place to post and discuss occults?
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »

Basically yes.

From the opening post:
    Ah, welcome weary traveler to my humble establishment. What is this place, you say? Look around and observe. This is my little spot for the fantasy, supernatural and sci-fi simmer. Do you need advice about repelling vampires? We have that here. Are you frustrated that you can’t seem to find fairies or werewolves in Windenburg? We understand. Are alien abductions and a severe lack of dragons getting you down? You have our sympathy. Are you a Spellcaster struggling with curses? Ugh. Have a drink.
    @telemwill I’m certainly getting lycanthropic vibes these days. Interesting question about the eclipse.

@KyreRoen Welcome to The Blue Moon. We are definitely here to discuss any and all supernatural happenings and to share our enthusiasm for such things. I hope you’ll join us.

@simgirl1010 Cheers!
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    KyreRoen wrote: »

Basically yes.

From the opening post:
    Ah, welcome weary traveler to my humble establishment. What is this place, you say? Look around and observe. This is my little spot for the fantasy, supernatural and sci-fi simmer. Do you need advice about repelling vampires? We have that here. Are you frustrated that you can’t seem to find fairies or werewolves in Windenburg? We understand. Are alien abductions and a severe lack of dragons getting you down? You have our sympathy. Are you a Spellcaster struggling with curses? Ugh. Have a drink.
    @simgirl1010
    I read it, and through a few of the pages as well. I'm just one of those who prefers to hear it straight, so I'm under no presumptions.
    cyncie wrote: »
    @telemwill I’m certainly getting lycanthropic vibes these days. Interesting question about the eclipse.

@KyreRoen Welcome to The Blue Moon. We are definitely here to discuss any and all supernatural happenings and to share our enthusiasm for such things. I hope you’ll join us.

@simgirl1010 Cheers!
    @cyncie
    Thank you, just wanted clarification before I "barged in and put my feet up", so to speak. Some days I'm quicker on the uptake, than others.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top