Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

1262728293032...Next

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,380 Member
    @mightysprite :heart::lol: Thank you.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 808 Member
    Back on track, I finally finished to prepare chapter 8.19! (link)

It's being a wild ride for them, that's for sure...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.22 posted on the 10th of May 2024*
  • Options
    GreatlyBlessedGreatlyBlessed Posts: 18 Member
    Aww Juno. Look at them!! Talking about things!!

...still feeling hampered by the lack of being able to use spoilers. Good chap!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    Entering adulthood!!! It's not always easy <3<3<3
  • Options
    Excellent chapter!

Okay... The fact that Logan threw a stone at the window instead of knocking on the door, to me, suggests that he was hoping to get Juno's attention without having to talk to Rowan, and just by mistake got Rowan's window. Which makes me suspicious of what his intentions really were. But, maybe he actually wanted to talk to Rowan. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Juno and Rowan, I am impressed that they managed to talk about it. They both have seemed kind of like they avoid talking about their feelings a lot. But they started the conversation. Good for them!

That problem of "we're so focused on getting things done that we're not having fun any more" is one I think a lot of long term couples run into. If you work together smoothly as a team, and you have some common goals, it's very easy to just start letting that become the whole relationship.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks a lot everyone for your comments, as always!

@GreatlyBlessed

The minimum number of posts to be promoted to full member is very limiting, I remember I was very annoyed for this when I just arrived on this forum!

@mightysprite

Adulting isn't easy, yup. And it isn't just all that responsibility, it's also learning how to react to a crisis with maturity, like an... adult!

@GlacierSnow
    Interesting theory... For sure that was a way to only talk with the person in that room, that's true. Honestly, I never elaborated a full overview of Logan's POV, I only focused on Juno and Rowan and left him intentionally mysterious. Also, I hadn't thought about any theory resembling yours, probably because that studio is a room on the ground floor and with a lot of large windows (i.e. for people outside it is easy to see who's inside). Logan, however, is weird enough to make anything possible. I mean, also choosing to go talk directly to Rowan would be considered a quite weird choice, right?

Anyway, back to Rowan and Juno, you're very right, they're both quite bad at talking about feelings & co (even if they are this way for different reasons). Indeed, a big reason why they arrived at this point is that they avoided talking about them for way too long. And also your comment on their new dynamic is very on-spot, let's how long they take to understand it too...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.22 posted on the 10th of May 2024*
  • Options
    And chapter 8.20 is out too! (link)

This chapter is long. Like, very long, Rowan (i.e. I :P ) really had to write down a lot this time.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    New chapter! Sorry it's taken me several days to get to it. It's been an exhausting week.

I like how you handled this event in their lives. One discussion (last chapter) wasn't enough, and that's very realistic. Rowan sure has matured and changed a lot since how he was as a teenager. And he doesn't really give himself enough credit. He may not have known what Juno was feeling, but he noticed something was wrong and he asked. It's hard to bring up that kind of subject. He did well.

Juno's feelings are so relatable too. It is a big fear in long term romantic relationships as we get older.

Gaia is adorable. Travel can be confusing for little kids. At least she seemed to enjoy helping build that sandcastle.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment @GlacierSnow , as always!
    I'm very glad you found the latest developments in the story realistic, I have zero real-life experience with this stuff and I literally took ages to decide how to handle this. Also because Rowan and Juno are very different in their way of dealing with relationships and emotions, and they both are in a process of self-growth in comparison with their teen selves. There was really a ton for me to keep in mind, that's for sure.

Gaia instead is the "comic relief" in this tough part of the story. I actually just went along with what happened in game here, she was really upset when they reached Sulani XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    No pressure to read it quickly, as usual, but I took ended up using the weekend to prepare the next chapter, so 8.21 is ready too! (link)

It looks like this is the beginning of a new storyline already, I could really see why they may decide to rebel against me at some point...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Great chapter! I love it when random game events turn into plot points :)
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your comment @mightysprite ! I have a lot of fun when that happens too, but I'm not sure my sims love these plot twists too XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    And chapter 8.22 is out too! (link)

After the last chapter there definitively are a lot of problems to solve, that's for sure...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    loved it <3
  • Options
    @mightysprite , thanks! <3
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Two chapters! :heart:

I love how you took this random game event and their two separate jobs and wove them together. I really enjoy your creative twisty storytelling.

Poor Rowan and Juno have really had a rough time. But every challenge seems to unite them more. And they both have grown a lot. I love their earnestness. I think they've become my favorite couple out of all the generations.

Gaia. :lol: Grumpy on her own birthday! :joy: I really wonder what that disagreement was about.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow , thanks a lot for the comment!
    I liked the idea behind this twist a lot too, but I felt so guilty for putting those two in such a bad situation again!

I shouldn't have favourites, but as a couple I think they're my favourites as well (which probably also influences the way I wrote them, actually...). I can't comment on Gen 9 and 10 yet, but of the previous ones probably my second favourites were Sirio and Maki in Gen 6.

As for Gaia instead, you haven't seen anything yet XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    That is true
    Sirio and Maki were a beautifully written couple... and they had to go through a lot of hardships, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top