The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 823 Member
    Thanks a lot @mightysprite ! Those two are extremely different, so it's often hard to follow them both in the same chapter, but I'm finding this part quite interesting too!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.27 posted on the 4th of June 2024*
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Tonight I'm here for an update on my previous post on my forum migration plan.

It could sound like I have the coherence of a redfish, but today I'm writing this because I've actually changed my mind a bit. Basically, my original plan (i.e. letting this thread close down with the forum) was mostly based on the assumption that not many people would have been interested in reading our old comments. However, I actually received feedback that strongly challenged my assumption (i.e. I heard from someone who sometimes reads old comments and would like to find threads like this one copied to the new forum).

Also considering that now we know way more details about the migration of the content in this forum to the new one, it seems that nominating a thread for the migration makes very little difference in practical terms. In practical terms, nominating the thread only implies that it will be moved to the Nominated Threads section until the forum closure, which probably isn't such a big deal anyway.

Thus, I now plan to nominate this thread for migration in the next few days (probably during the weekend). Shortly after the thread should be moved to the "Nominated Threads" section until July, which hopefully won't be too confusing :#
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.27 posted on the 4th of June 2024*
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,412 Member
    Thanks for the update. I'll be following this story wherever it ends up.

I finally got caught back up as well.

I am really enjoying the interaction and slowly building friendship between Rowan and Juno. They're both reacting to each other with more empathy than I expected.

Rowan reminds me so much of myself in college. That scene at the bar after the soccer match. Oof! I really related to both his anxiety about having time to get his assignment done and how he seemed sort of overwhelmed by the noise and social situation itself. It may be just my interpretation of his words and his face expressions, but he seems almost as frustrated by the fact that his teammates don't care what he actually wants as he is about the wasted time. I found myself getting frustrated with them for refusing to let him leave. I like that Juno tried to stand up for him (even if she was ignored as well).

Juno seems like someone who genuinely does care. I love the notes at the end about her giving gifts to Father Winter and comforting the Flower Bunny. :lol: These two seem like they are a good influence on each other.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,776 Member
    New chapter!
    It's nice of Rowan to credit Juno with the hard work and achievement instead of himself, I half-expected him to say something different. Good to see some growth there ^u^ I feel really bad for Juno, I definitely got the vibes in previous chapters that people didn't have high hopes for her and so she had little in the way of support and a lack of confidence as a result. And on top of that, she's got an enormous and totally understandable fear for the future. I like the little mirroring there, Rowan taught Juno how to work effectively, and so she's going to teach him how to have fun and enjoy himself by teaching him how to ride a bike!

Is it me or does the blonde guy in the debate stand look a little bit like Tre from Seventeen and Maldusk? Maybe just because of the blonde hair but there's something about him...: P There we go just as I predicted, Rowan, if you don't rest it won't do you any good, poor guy works himself too hard! Aww, so Juno called Alba and Olivier back to check in on him? I'm glad they're still around and that they are so supportive of him < 3

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment! And I also swear that during the weekend I should manage to sleep enough to catch up with the other stories as well!

@GlacierSnow
    That's definitively a friendship that is building up very slowly, yup. As for Juno, I'm not too surprised by her empathy (in general I see her as someone who's too good for her own good), while for Rowan I can totally see why this isn't easy to expect.

And I would also say that, by now, it's quite clear that Rowan really dislikes pubs. Actually, thinking about fictional situations like this one, or comments like yours, I'm actually feeling quite glad that my university didn't really have a campus, and also about I commuted back and forth from my parents' place (1 hour of train away) every day because we couldn't afford to rent a room in the city. I wasted way too much time on that train, but I don't think I would have enjoyed the "university students' night scene" much either.

As for the last two extra pictures instead, they were just too cute, I had to share them!

@SnowBnuuy
    Rowan actually has a way of thinking that is quite similar to mine, just brought a bit more to the extreme. I see why his reactions can be quite unpredictable from the outside, though. In this case, for instance, I would say that to him just encouraging someone a bit doesn't seem enough to really influence something quantifiable such as the exams scores. Probably he would have claimed those grades were due to his intervention only if he actually wrote down some of her assignments at her place (and he wouldn't ever do that, either).
    As for Juno, she definitively lacks a bit of confidence, yes, and sooner or later it will be clearer why. She's definitively doing better doing this semester than the previous one though, which is one reason why we are seeing her chatting and looking happy way more than before.

The one who is having a hard time this semester instead is definitively Rowan, he really worked way too hard. And then of course Alba and Olivier would show up, what would you expect from worried parents with a teleportation device? :P

For you both instead, as for the blonde guy in the debate group...
    Yeah, I see why you see some similarities with Tre... Anyway, I'm quite sure the culprit is again the MCCC setting I was using to override the game-generated NPCs with sims taken from my gallery (which, btw, is also the reason why there were something like 3 Morgyn clones at some point). As for this sim, I'm quite sure he's the copy of the "test sim" me and my sister did a lot of time ago, at first we used it to test the Strangerville storyline and that was later re-used to test almost all occult-based packs (which was a lot of fun!) We created this sim back in 2019, I think?
    Anyway, his name is "Timmy Pandoro" (my sister always goes for weird test names...), I can't find any of the original pictures but some times ago I showed some of the most recent ones here and here.

By the way, it would really be a real plot twist if Tre was just hiding in a debate group of another story, isn't it? XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    @SnowBnuuy and @HermioneSims

It's not just that the guy looks practically identical to Tre, it's that in the next chapter of SAM (that will post next weekend), there is a flashback scene where Tre is wearing that exact outfit.

I just saw that picture and started laughing so hard. I think Tre would have loved debating with an alien.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @SnowBnuuy and @HermioneSims

It's not just that the guy looks practically identical to Tre, it's that in the next chapter of SAM (that will post next weekend), there is a flashback scene where Tre is wearing that exact outfit.

I just saw that picture and started laughing so hard. I think Tre would have loved debating with an alien.

I see XD
    For sure that college sweater really fits young-Tre style! And now I'm laughing very hard thinking about Tre debating with Rowan XD

By the way, is this a confirmation that we are about to receive more info about Tre? I can't wait!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    @HermioneSims

No spoilers. Only teasers. :tongue: You'll have to wait until next weekend.

And yeah. Tre debating Rowan would definitely be a sight to see. :lol: Great alternate universe plot idea.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    And here I am with chapter 8.6! link

When translating the chapter I noticed that the mysterious blond buy at the debate club shows up again, but this could actually be one of the least interesting parts of this chapter...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    New chapter!

It really is interesting to see things from Rowan's point of view. It's very clear he doesn't think the same way as the people around him. It seems like he has a hard time anticipating or interpreting other people's emotions. And possibly there are a few emotions he doesn't really relate to at all. But at the same time he seems to have compassion for people (at least those people he has gotten used to) and tries to show that in a practical and helpful way. But that can easily be misinterpreted by people who express themselves differently.

I was particularly struck by his musings at the wedding on how he doesn't understand how River and Rick knew they were in love. It's hard to express exactly why, but it really made me relate to him even more as a character. Maybe because my own experience of being attracted to someone was extremely different than the way it is usually described.

I really love Juno, and I can related to her nervousness in the last scene... but oooo... I think kissing Rowan without any kind of discussion about it was not the right move. Especially with a guy like him. Especially considering how he doesn't like to be hugged either.

I love this story so much! You are amazing at depicting all kinds of very different personalities and relationships. Every generation has been a completely different ride.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment @GlacierSnow , as always!
    I would say that you made a very good description of Rowan, that was impressive! And I would also say that I expect Rowan to which readers can either relate a lot, or not at all. I would also say that the reason why I managed to write about him in this way is because I can relate to him quite a lot, too.

And I also agree about Juno, she's lovely, but this time she was waaaaay too impulsive... To make a small preview of what's coming next, all the next chapter will focus on the elaboration of that last scene alone, it's a total mess...

Also, thanks a lot for the last sentence! My initial resolution about this legacy was to change traits, career, location etc... as often as possible, so as to explore as many different storylines as possible. I'm glad that this shows up in the final result!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,073 Member
    Here is how we know Rowan is a quality guy
    when Juno asked for advice he didn't try to interfere in her relationship or judge Francis at all, this was the thing that bothered him instead
    Rowan: I don't have anything against retailers, but I honestly think that it would be a waste for someone like you to work in a small shop. Especially if it's not what you really want to do.
    It's 100% Rowan, thinking of work/achievement goals first, but it's also the perfect friendly support for Juno. Juno needs some support in order to appreciate that side of herself.

And if you make your world too small early in life, your relationships are bound to suffer, as well. (Not that Rowan can know that yet)

<3 we love you Rowan
    (don't worry we won't hug you though)

• Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment @mightysprite !
    Sometimes it's very hard to predict what Rowan is about to say, but in a good way (usually ;) )

Also, I'm quite sure that Rowan would be happy to read that he's getting a "fan club", but also very reassured by the fact that people won't try to hug him XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    And also chapter 8.7 is out! (link)

This chapter required a remarkable ability to "enter Rowan's head", it was... tough.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Aw Rowan
    I'm glad he has family to help him out! I enjoyed their conversation. Including not-very-chatty Rick's one line, he knows how to say just the very important things.

I appreciated your comment at the end. To be honest some of the dialogue did have me wondering if maybe Rowan does have romantic feelings for Juno?
    Or maybe you wanted us to wonder :)
  • Options
    New chapter!

I find I relate more and more to Rowan, though maybe not for the reasons intended. There isn't much difference, to me, between an actually good romance and friendship. They seem pretty much the same in the long run. And my own 22 year relationship with my spouse has more or less convinced me I was right about that. The kind of intense emotions and physical reactions that other people describe in the early stages of attraction, or that happens in stories, didn't really happen much for me, even when I was younger. My experience was always more like how Rowan reacts, with questions and wondering what the other person is thinking, and (for me) a perpetual balance scale in my head endlessly weighing "pros" and "cons" of the person, trying to decide whether I liked them or not. This is actually how I experience all relationships, though, including friendship. So, I suspect I am very strange.

I think Rowan's confusion about what Juno was thinking is spot on. She really did not make it very clear what on Earth she meant by kissing him suddenly, out of the blue, while she still is dating her current boyfriend (or at least, if they broke up, she did not actually say so). I'm glad she at least came back and apologized.

"Did this happen only because she's mad at Francis?" is a very good question for Rowan to be asking.

I like Juno, but I think she has some serious thinking of her own to do.

Rowan impressed me, though, by talking to River and Rick to see what their take on the situation was, even if ultimately it may not have helped clarify much. In the past, he didn't seem like he wanted to hear other people's opinions hardly at all. He's gotten a lot gentler with people when they don't behave the way he would, or when they do things he doesn't understand. I like him.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks you both for your comments, as always! :)

@mightysprite
    Of course River would try to help, he knows Rowan quite well at this point, and he also takes his "older cousin" role very seriously! :P Rick was overall more perplexed about the situation instead, but still did his best.

As for the last part instead... Who knows? Rowan himself doesn't seem very sure about how to define things right now, so...

@GlacierSnow
    Your first paragraph was a very interesting read! I mean, I can't really say I can relate, but mostly because I'm even more "strange" (if we want to use this term) than you are on this front. I mean, I've never had a crush nor I ever considered dating anyone, and to me stuff like romance is still quite theoretical and abstract. That's also why I write quite often comments like: "I'm really bad at this!" when posting the most romantic sections in this legacy. :P

Anyway, back to the last chapter. Juno was indeed quite confusing (and not just to Rowan). This is another choice I did on the basis of their traits, she is "childish", and I decided to decline it also in the slightly more negative sense of "immature", or "impulsive" in this case. In other words, she didn't really think about the consequences when she kissed Rowan, and then rushed and worried all the following day hoping to solve the mess she had started. And that's still something she needs to work on, for sure.

As for Rowan instead, I would say that he's a bit more likely to listen to his family than to almost anyone else. I did something similar when he was still choosing what college to enrol on, even if that time he ended up ignoring whatever suggestion he received, so yes, probably he's learning to listen a bit more, that's true. As for how easily he forgave Juno instead, I would say that it's mostly because he has a little bit of a soft spot for her. On average he may have improved a bit, but still he would not have been that understanding with most other people.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    For what it's worth,
    as someone very much on the romantic side of the spectrum
    (but also socially awkward, it can be a problem)
    I think your writing of romantic situations is very true to life.
    Both when it is going smoothly and when it is not!

Well, they are green and blue people from Sixam, but the emotional stuff feels true to life :)
  • Options
    And also chapter 8.8 is out! (link)

In comparison with the last two chapters, we're back to normality. If college life can ever be boring and normal, I mean.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited March 9
    Sorry I'm behind on these chapters, I'll catch up tomorrow < 3
    I don't blame Rowan for not wanting to attend a wedding. I hope I never have to go to one, last one I went to was when I was little : P Nice of Juno to stick up for Rowan to the debate opponent. I like that Juno brings something different to the debate group, and also to have another Sixamian on board in such a group is a great idea. So far it feels like Rowan's been talking to a brick wall with the way the human debate members don't seem bothered.

No, Juno, don't go and work in the shop! Trust me on this! Keep your sanity and your emotional availability intact for as long as you can and don't do it! Not unless you want to age 3 times faster! You are so cheery and full of love and I want you to stay that way!

Oof...Now normally I'd be all for the kiss, but considering Rowan's not really one so far for romance or with much understanding about it, I don't know how he felt about that, or what his reaction will be next chapter... I don't think he'll be annoyed necessarily? Just very confused. He doesn't strike me as the relationship type but I think he'd still want to be friends with Juno.

That meme picture XD
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment @SnowBnuuy ! And don't worry, I'm posting so often to make it difficult to keep the pace, I'm fully aware of it (I just keep posting more than one chapter per week on average because there are still something like 80 chapters to go, and I don't want to take other two years to finish :# )
    Weddings can be noisy and messy (at least to us, they tend to propose way too much food too!), but at least with close relatives it's hard to avoid, I fear...
    Also, it's very true that in the debate group Rowan often seems to be talking to a brick wall, but that's also because he doesn't really let his opponent say much :#

Juno really seem the opposite of enthusiastic about that shop plan, right? We'll see in the next couple of chapters what she decided to do, I guess...

As for the last scene instead, I'm quite sure that even Rowan at that point didn't really know how to react, it was quite a mess...

About the last meme instead, that's taken from a memorable interview from one of our politicians to the BBC a few years ago. His English level alone was enough to ensure meme material for decades XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    New chapter!

I'm pleased to see that Rowan and Juno's friendship seems to have endured the awkwardness of what happened. It's good to see Rowan having a friend he enjoys spending time with and actually has fun with. That water balloon fight was cute!

It's good that Juno made a decision and broke up with her boyfriend, since they did not seem to be happy and are headed in very different directions in life.

I feel for Rowan's disappointment that he didn't get a great opportunity from the talent scouts. I went through a lot of job rejections as I was finishing grad-school, so.. been there man. It's not fun. :frowning:

I also just want to let you know that now through mid-June I tend to be pretty exhausted all the time because work gets super busy. I still love your story, but I might get a bit behind, or not have the brain-power left to make comments every chapter. I'm still reading it though!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the comment @GlacierSnow , as always!

And don't worry for the next few months, I'm glad you're enjoying this story but I definitively don't want you to feel forced to read it even when you're in the middle of a tough period at work! Bon courage, as French people would say! (* it's a funny expression, the meaning is midway between "good luck!" and "stay strong!"*).

As for the chapter instead:
    Seeing Rowan having fun is so unexpected, isn't it? XD

And Juno deserves some fun as well. Breaking up from a relationship that lasted (or dragged on) for many years usually isn't easy, yet she definitively needed to take the courage and turn the page here.

With the talent scouts instead I was quite mean instead, as the writer I mean. Rowan never really failed up to this point, and I'm afraid he hasn't really learnt how to deal with failure yet... We'll see what happens next, anyway.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    edited March 13
    And chapter 8.9 is out too! (link)

That's the last chapter about Rowan's college experience. Did so much time pass already? Really?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Eeee I'm excited for their next chapter :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top