Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is having a 3 day toddler challenge

Sims 4 is having a 3-day toddler challenge which started at 10 a.m. California time. You make three toddlers and one YA (or older) and try to get the toddlers level up in four different categories. It reminded me of the fun I've had with toddler challenges in the past. Anyone want to play along in Sims 3 and post pics here?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    It's now a 2 week challenge according to SimGuruScenarios on Twitter.

I think it'll be cool to see what other players do if they're interested in doing the challenge.... :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'm glad to hear that they extended the time, though they did say as long it was started in the three days, you could take longer.
    Thread is here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995142/too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-nov-3
  • Options
    I completed my own sims 3 version within three sim days. Father of triplets randomly spun the family-oriented trait, so cycling all the tots through the potty chair and feeding them a bottle (so they'd have to use the potty again sooner) meant that all three tots were potty trained day one. Day two, he paid for a baby sitter and took the first born to the library to read the art and writing books. (I ignore the logic and Harry Potter series book as they will gain three logic points playing with the peg board. So, reading three books for one more (unrequired in this challenge) point wasn't worth it to me. Day three, the father hired the babysitter again twice, so he could read the same six books to the other tots. While at the library with one, the others were playing on the xylophone and peg box OR, cheaty, I know, in the playpen or walker. After they learned to walk and talk and use the potty, and after they maxed out the toys, they played with the mirror for future charisma and played in the walker for future handiness. But before 72 hours had passed, all tots could be considered level 3 in 4 skills - painting, writing, logic, and musical instruments. So, it was a fun diversion for a few hours. The toilet clogged twice and the father ate fruit a couple times rather than the salad that he made and put in the fridge. He also only got a full nights sleep the first night.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I completed my own sims 3 version within three sim days. Father of triplets randomly spun the family-oriented trait, so cycling all the tots through the potty chair and feeding them a bottle (so they'd have to use the potty again sooner) meant that all three tots were potty trained day one. Day two, he paid for a baby sitter and took the first born to the library to read the art and writing books. (I ignore the logic and Harry Potter series book as they will gain three logic points playing with the peg board. So, reading three books for one more (unrequired in this challenge) point wasn't worth it to me. Day three, the father hired the babysitter again twice, so he could read the same six books to the other tots. While at the library with one, the others were playing on the xylophone and peg box OR, cheaty, I know, in the playpen or walker. After they learned to walk and talk and use the potty, and after they maxed out the toys, they played with the mirror for future charisma and played in the walker for future handiness. But before 72 hours had passed, all tots could be considered level 3 in 4 skills - painting, writing, logic, and musical instruments. So, it was a fun diversion for a few hours. The toilet clogged twice and the father ate fruit a couple times rather than the salad that he made and put in the fridge. He also only got a full nights sleep the first night.

That's cool. I like you story that you did for this scenario.

Right now I'm playing the Sims 4 scenario in Sims 4 before trying it in TS3 and I have 1 toddler that is level 3 in communication while his other skills is either 1-2 levels and the other 2 only have level 1-2 on all of their skills and that's just on the 1st sim day in the game.
  • Options
    EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    I love this! the story is so good, I re started mine but I love this! any tips as I used to play loads but cut down, but now started playing non stop any tips?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    @Ellierosex Tips: potty chair can be used twice without emptying it. Try to potty train all the tots right away. (Family-oriented trait helps - you only need to take them to the potty three times versus four without it.) Make a salad to pull out leftovers later OR just grab a piece or two of fruit from the fridge when you open it and drag it into the sims' backpack to eat when there isn't time for a meal. Keep the cribs in different rooms without a stereo to keep anyone or anything from waking them up when they are sleeping. Color code the clothes or have different hairstyles so you don't confuse the tots. Hire a babysitter and take a tot to the library to read books with (or just let them play with toys there) in order to keep the sim from going stir crazy. (And, of course, they read the books at the library so much faster than at home.) Let the tots play with the IFs just long enough to boost their moodlets every five hours and try to change their diapers that often too to keep the hygiene moodlets active. Feed the tots a bottle on the floor - it's just way faster that way. Good luck!
  • Options
    my photos are down loads,, how do I post?
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    Ellierosex wrote: »

@Ellierosex, you need to share them to a photo sharing site such as imgur. I will post a tutorial that explains how to share pictures to this site...😀
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p4
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Ellierosex wrote: »

@Ellierosex, you need to share them to a photo sharing site such as imgur. I will post a tutorial that explains how to share pictures to this site...😀
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p4

when the baby is born i will :) how do i make a account to post
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Options
    imgur is just one of many sites to upload pics to. I use wordpress.
    https://wordpress.com/?ref=footer_blog
    Just click "get started" in the top right corner to make your own account and then click the MEDIA option and ADD. Once your pics are uploaded, you can click on them and see the url at the top to copy and paste in a comment box within the image brackets by clicking the pic image right after the link image above the comment box.