Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want an expansion focused on kids and toddlers?

kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
So I've been thinking how much I would love a pack that adds a bunch of stuff for kids, toddlers and babies.

Assuming that babies get freed in the patch before I always wanted strollers, play pens and mats, changing table, etc.

They could also add:

Daycare lot type and career, baby shower event, tricycle, bikes (for kids), roller blading, skateboarding, skooters, trampolines, new after school activities (choir, sports team, debate club, mathletes, swim team), kitchen set, tree house, rocking horse, sleepover event, kids can play tag and hopscotch, more playground equipment, train set, imaginary friends.

Edit
Active or semi-active school with clubs and sports teams, private or boarding school, spelling bee/academic competitions, lemonade stand, bake sale.

The reason why I think this should be an expansion is because gamepacks are usually just focused on one thing and if this was an expansion we could get a lot more things and not needing another pack to add stuff.
Check out my twitter and tumblr
Post edited by kaiwrysims on

Would you want an expansion focused on kids and toddlers? 167 votes

Yes please!
43%
crocobauraauroraael14LeGardePourpreBreeSashaMstybl95alexspoom13OolonglongAlexaiBevTweetyBreeNillaMelisendreleon4sigBloosmoopretty_fabulousx10elanorbretonkokoro80friendlysimmersmystang1972glory_joyEcho17121 73 votes
No thanks
20%
bshag4lvjeepjeepcatrudolphaPlayerSinger2010imhappyrhaliusbabajaynesimgirl1010g01denswanDarkLady2788LustianiciaAquariusMomSindocatLemon405OnverserMarkwilsonCeridwenModerateOspreyLiELFLunarBritney 35 votes
Just a gamepack
25%
Bluegaylejenpow01MichelleWalan650111davidp0418Celticgamer0danacnbrettMi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CncisGibbs02Paigeisin5simfriend1968sekojranaYautjagirlToriemitchiebanjotaydevKhrisstyneblueyblueskyhalloweenchild 43 votes
Separated in stuff packs and kits
9%
JueJueluthienrisinggoodcakebaker62KennziKaigeLizzychicagoelelunicysillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtStarfreeFuried FateDominicLaurenceSERVERFRAEllupelluelluAdmiral8QIsharellKiTh_97 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Maybe. I wouldn't want teens left out, but I also want teens to have more childish stuff to do as well so it wouldn't really have to stray that much. Then again, babies + children only seems fairly limited of a scope for an EP. Especially since there is a GP focused on parenthood... Childhood GP? I could actually see that.

I don't know. I'm open. I have to see how they run with it.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Yes please!
    I wouldn't mind it. I'm upset that babies, toddlers and kids don't have much to do. I'm tired of drawing tables for the kids; I don't even like the afterschool activities of drama or scout club. I really skip my kids forward to teens so much can get them ready for university.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    all of that sounds lovely <3 Yes please :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    Most definitely I would but it would also have to include babies because they are desperately in need of improvement.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Yes please!
    That would be my dream pack!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No thanks
    Nah. Not interested. I think something like that could be spread out in other packs.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don’t really see how any of these things could be enough for an Expansion pack honestly. They’d have to do/add something truly substantial.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Just a gamepack
    I'd only be interested in an expansion pack with those things for toddlers and kids if it also had more stuff for teens and elders. And since we've already had a parenthood pack as well as a kids stuff and toddler stuff pack, there isn't enough left to do for toddlers and kids alone that hasn't already been done. That said, I do hope if we do get an all generations pack that includes kids and toddlers, that we get all the stuff you listed, except maybe the imaginary friends. They creeped me out in S3.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I wouldn't mind more stuff for them to do but tbh I really would like them to pay some attention to teens and elders. If there was to be an expansion I'd prefer it to be a Generations type of one which takes all life-stages into consideration.

Teens lack identity for me in TS4, they just feel like watered down young adults who have to go to school. Yes, they are improved with Parenthood and still have the character values, but at this point they are basically all maxed out anyways unless you deliberately "sabotage" them (like I did lol, I don't want everyone to be responsible and good-mannered). Phases were a good idea but seems like they basically do nothing (except giving them random moodlets in true TS4 fashion) unless I directly command them to. Like "Rebellious" phase, I never felt like my teen was any more rebellious than before, still autonomously doing homework, even extra credit, and hugging their parents left and right. I do appreciate though that, unlike elders, they actually have some unique interactions (even though some of them just pretend to be while actually just being the same ol' animations with different text flavor) but I'd like more teen-specific activities to add some uniqueness.

Elders too could do with a bit more love. Now it's like the only thing making them stand out is that they look old, have new idle animations and can get the "dangerously tired" moodlet or whatever it's called. It could be cool if they could gain/purchase unique traits or something depending on how they have lived their life. Maybe they could be "hired" to babysit their grandchildren (happens all the time IRL) though I guess that wouldn't be unique to elders since younger life stages can have grandchildren too. Maybe add some elder-specific interactions too.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No thanks
    We have one - Parenthood - and I play it extensively.

What we have never seen, that I think would be a challenge to do well, is a special focus on Elders. Make that last life stage really count.
  • Options
    KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    I just wish they maximized the opporunity to focus on children and toddlers in Kids Room and Toddlers stuff packs
  • Options
    Yes please!
    Sindocat wrote: »
    We have one - Parenthood - and I play it extensively.

What we have never seen, that I think would be a challenge to do well, is a special focus on Elders. Make that last life stage really count.

Parenthood didn't really add much activities for kids and toddlers... it only focused on parenting and character values
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think there is still room for an early stage school pack and I have also thought that they could do a pack about friendship.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    Yes, but I don't want babies to be freed. I want them to stay as they are, objects. I'm not interested of giving them any more attention. I always wait impatiently for babies to age into toddlers anyway.
    I'd like as many new things to do for toddlers and children as possible. I don't even care so much for what those things are, as long as they can do more. Strollers for toddlers are one thing I want, though. I want my Sims to be able to take their toddlers with them when they go somewhere and be able to give them snacks and/or a sippy cup while they're sitting in a stroller.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t really see how any of these things could be enough for an Expansion pack honestly. They’d have to do/add something truly substantial.

Yep, this is mostly new variations on stuff we already have, and looks like most of it could fit in a Childcare Stuff Pack (including afterschool activities). Baby freeing would only work as a base game update. On an EP scale, I'd like to see active school, and personally I'd be more interested in that than in daycare.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes please!
    yes but take note that i do not let my sims age and skip the baby toddler phase when creating sims familys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No thanks
    I already bought stuff packs for kids and toddlers. I’m much more interested in new gameplay for teens and elders.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    I think this would be most successful if it were focused on animations. A lot of the DLC has new game mechanics, new objects, but reused animations. But a lot of the oft-suggested kid play interactions and baby stuff require extensive new animations to be any fun. Animations take an investment of time from different staff than the ones who invest time in coding new game mechanics.

But then, I think if the animations are done well, there wouldn't be much needed in the way of new mechanics, and only a small amount of work in creating new objects. I wouldn't mind paying $40 for a full suite of baby and kid content that included babies who could be carried around, parents sitting in chairs and talking or listening to music while holding babies or toddlers in their lap, kids playing at least as many kid games as Sims 2 had, kids and parents playing catch and dancing together (and while they're at that, it wouldn't take much extra work to make a dance together animation for teens and adults, maybe that could be the basegame patch that comes with the EP!)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    Something I would love for children is them being able to play together more. Right now all they can really do together is play on the playground equipment which generally means taking them to a park or having a huge obnoxious item around the house which isn't really an option on smaller lots. I would love for them to have games to play that don't require any items like tag, I also would love some smaller items that they can play together with in the home environment similar to the the void critter console. Children play together all the time in real life, it seems weird that in the game they have barely any options for this.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No thanks
    The only way I'd be interested would be for someone to pay me (a lot) to play it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Just a gamepack
    I don't see it as an expansion unless they added venues or new community style lots like...a soccer field or something where kids played and parents could coach. I would love to be able to do more with toddlers outside of the house. I love taking sims out for dinner or vacations and find the toddlers never have much to interact with unless you have the toddler pack (which I do but I don't place toddler items in every location)
    I'd like to see elders have a much larger role as well to interact with grandkids or just have more to do in general they feel like an oversight and why I never age mine to elder.
  • Options
    Yes please!
    I think this would be most successful if it were focused on animations. A lot of the DLC has new game mechanics, new objects, but reused animations. But a lot of the oft-suggested kid play interactions and baby stuff require extensive new animations to be any fun. Animations take an investment of time from different staff than the ones who invest time in coding new game mechanics.

But then, I think if the animations are done well, there wouldn't be much needed in the way of new mechanics, and only a small amount of work in creating new objects. I wouldn't mind paying $40 for a full suite of baby and kid content that included babies who could be carried around, parents sitting in chairs and talking or listening to music while holding babies or toddlers in their lap, kids playing at least as many kid games as Sims 2 had, kids and parents playing catch and dancing together (and while they're at that, it wouldn't take much extra work to make a dance together animation for teens and adults, maybe that could be the basegame patch that comes with the EP!)

Exactly why I don't think this would fit in a smaller pack because of the animations.

If we got a stuff pack: maybe it would be a daycare lot type, small career, and 1 or 2 gameplay objects.

For a game pack: A daycare lot type and career, it would be like dine out, and with some new gameplay objects.

Expansion: They could do daycare, expand on schools, maybe make it active, have a lot more after-school clubs and activities. Have a lot more hobbies, activities, and etc. for children and toddlers.

Though I doubt they would do an expansion like this because I think majority of players don't play with families. But I'm still hoping.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes please!
    I’m always down for more activities and things for my young ones. :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    Circus, fairground, mascot parade, ... Entertainment for kids
    And also new Fun interactions (Child-Toddler, Child-Child and Child-Teen).

parent10.jpgd4cd0510.jpg

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes please!
    I think it would be nice if there were tricycles for toddlers and bikes for kids and more activities families could do together, things like biking, jogging, play football or basketball together, etc.