Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want an expansion focused on kids and toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No thanks
    We need a pack focused on teenagers!

They really need their own content to give them individuality! I hate how they're just treated as young young adults...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Separated in stuff packs and kits
    Teens and elders need it more, imo :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    I would love it! It would be nice if they could add a few special things for teens and elders too. And, please don’t forget improved babies and stuff for them too! I DO want my babies FREED! I would also love more game packs, stuff packs, and kits focused on elders, teens, children, toddlers and improved babies…..they all need more….
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Just a gamepack
    A gamepack maybe introducing new things such as a toddler trike. I have no interest in in anything as big as an expac. My main issue with children is wanting them to be properly updated to be able to do all the activities that child can actually do, such as riding a bike. They've been much better with recent packs in letting children do activities. Keep that up and I'm good.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes please!
    Yes, please! We need more items & gameplay for kids & toddlers.
  • Options
    AkiraDrekAkiraDrek Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes please!
    Generations. Thats all Imma say
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

There are already great packs focusing on children and toddlers.

There is an excellent "non-cannon" pack (mod) that allows children to "work from home", in other words; do activities at home or travel to a park or library or open-world, etc.. to complete the daily goals for 'school'. Instead of the abstract "rabbit-hole".

If that was made into an official pack, (Probably a stuff pack) I would buy it. :)

For toddlers, it's actually quite impressive how well the simulation is now with all the packs for them.

(I will not comment on teens and elders since that is not this topic ;) )
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No thanks
    What I want is not a pack full of child-exclusive content, but for children (and toddlers, where appropriate) to not be excluded from major pack features and activities all the time. The upcoming patch that will allow children to help out in the kitchen and the garden is a step in the right direction, but what about bikes? Cottage Living is the third (!) expansion that comes with bikes (well, at least if you buy before September), but still no kid-sized version? And no, I wouldn't be okay with having to pay extra for that, just like I wouldn't pay extra for a smaller piano that actually fits into a normal person's living room. Those things should be patched in, not sold separately.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No thanks
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    It’s relevant because there are already stuff packs for children and toddlers, but nothing dedicated to teens or elders (I don’t count Nifty Knitting as an elder pack, there’s just one feature for them in it, that’s not enough).

If they make more packs focused on children and toddlers let it happen after the other age groups get some love.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yes please!
    babajayne wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    It’s relevant because there are already stuff packs for children and toddlers, but nothing dedicated to teens or elders (I don’t count Nifty Knitting as an elder pack, there’s just one feature for them in it, that’s not enough).

If they make more packs focused on children and toddlers let it happen after the other age groups get some love.

Yeah I was expecting they would do a highschool pack soob because they mentioned it in a previous survey. But I think it's more likely for them to do that than a pack focused on kids. But then it's also extremely more unlikely they would do a pack focused on elders.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    pretty_fabulousx10pretty_fabulousx10 Posts: 121 Member
    Yes please!
    Yes! Generations was my favorite pack for The Sims 3, so I would love something similar for The Sims 4. I love playing families so this type of pack would be perfect for me.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sorry, guys. I can think of few big packs that would interest me less. Break that content up and scatter it.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Just a gamepack
    Maybe not as an expansion pack, but certainly a game pack. Children have so little to do, as do teens. I miss being able to play catch or tag from Ts3, going older I miss having children jump on the bed from Ts2. Basically, kids and teens need more "childish" interactions and actions. Ans by childish, I don't been autonomously setting pranks on the toilet, every 5 seconds. -_-
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just a gamepack
    I would be ok with a gamepack. That being said, I think a lot of the things that people find lacking for children, especially, could be solved by continuing to do with future packs with any theme what they've done with CL and the upcoming base game patch: add functionality for children to participate in the same activities that other ages do. For example, they really need to go back and add animations for children to ride bikes. We shouldn't have to buy a whole new pack for that, as it's something they should have done from the beginning, so they should go back bit by bit and add those things in patches. If they would do that, and continue to add occasional new objects specifically for children (the playtent was nice, a treehouse would be even better) and if they do a better job of including child animations for future objects and activities... particularly if they ever do some sort of hobbies pack... then I think that would already add a lot.

But I'm not opposed to an additional stuff pack or game pack. I also agree with some of the comments above about enhanced group play for kids. I also really want more afterschool club options, but again, we don't necessarily need a kid-specific pack for that; remember, we got drama club with Get Famous. If we do indeed get a singer/bands/music pack, I would sincerely hope they would take the opportunity to add afterschool clubs for band, music club, and/or chorus/glee club/a cappella club. As long as they do a better job of integrating children's activities and group/family content into all themes, which they need to do anyway, then probably that will be enough to make me happy.
  • Options
    Yes please!
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I would be ok with a gamepack. That being said, I think a lot of the things that people find lacking for children, especially, could be solved by continuing to do with future packs with any theme what they've done with CL and the upcoming base game patch: add functionality for children to participate in the same activities that other ages do. For example, they really need to go back and add animations for children to ride bikes. We shouldn't have to buy a whole new pack for that, as it's something they should have done from the beginning, so they should go back bit by bit and add those things in patches. If they would do that, and continue to add occasional new objects specifically for children (the playtent was nice, a treehouse would be even better) and if they do a better job of including child animations for future objects and activities... particularly if they ever do some sort of hobbies pack... then I think that would already add a lot.

But I'm not opposed to an additional stuff pack or game pack. I also agree with some of the comments above about enhanced group play for kids. I also really want more afterschool club options, but again, we don't necessarily need a kid-specific pack for that; remember, we got drama club with Get Famous. If we do indeed get a singer/bands/music pack, I would sincerely hope they would take the opportunity to add afterschool clubs for band, music club, and/or chorus/glee club/a cappella club. As long as they do a better job of integrating children's activities and group/family content into all themes, which they need to do anyway, then probably that will be enough to make me happy.

Yeah I agree but a lot of the things I mentioned, except the bikes, are separate stuff for children. Like some things like skateboarding can be smth for teens or YA but with kids also being able to use them. But there are a lot of things that are specifically for kids and toddlers and the best they do in a pack is include kids in a feature but they barely ever have seperate features or gameplay objects for kids. Like in cottage living there is no separate gameplay object for kids. They are just included in the stuff adults can do. But in dhd they have a play tent and in seasons and get famous kids got new after school activities.

I'm not saying every pack should have a gameplay object for kids because it doesn't always make sense but I think there is just a lot missing for the younger life states that there should be a pack that focuses on them and just adds a bunch of stuff for them instead of them getting small bits and pieces of content in different packs.
  • Options
    Yes please!
    And I would like to add:

Lemonade stand and bake sales. Kind of like girl scout cookies.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No thanks
    I don't like kids in real life (nor do I have any), so there's nothing I would despise more.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Yes please!
    I am a family style player so I am always wanting more family content and a "Generations" type pack is at the top of my wishlist. However I'd love to see teens and elder content addressed for this same reason.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Strollers for toddlers are one thing I want, though. I want my Sims to be able to take their toddlers with them when they go somewhere and be able to give them snacks and/or a sippy cup while they're sitting in a stroller.

I would like that, but I imagine them working like high chairs and that's just... *shudders*

I'd love more stuff for children, yes. I feel like they are really boring in the game right now, maybe less so with Cottage Living, but still. I want them to play with each other, have sleepovers or other unique parties. Toddlers are okay imo... I wouldn't mind more for them too though. But I also need babies to be improved at least to a degree where we can take them to community lots. I'm fine with them being tied to certain objects, but I hate that we have to leave them at home. And I need more unique stuff for teens, they are also not so fleshed out.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Just a gamepack
    I was going to choose kits but think a better chance at freeing babies in a gamepack. And adding group activities (play) for kids. They do imo have a lot of stuff already for them but I feel they need more interactions together.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Just a gamepack
    I am a family player and would love more options and gameplay for them (i.e. prom nights, sleepovers, and (gasp) even a new life stage), but these can be accomplished with a game pack. I feel an expansion pack would feel too empty, though I would think a stuff pack to be better suited.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes please!
    Depends on the actual content tho.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    No thanks
    There've already been a couple of kid focused packs.

Personally I delete any sim younger than teen from my save, so this would have no value to me. That said if they can find enough new things not covered in the various packs on toddlers, parents, and kid then sure they might as well go for it. It would be low on my list but other people clearly would appreciated it.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just a gamepack
    I voted game pack.
    More interactions and options need to be made as there's still not a lot for teens or kids to do.

I'd love teens to have better dating and networking options.

I'm glad kids will be able to help cook and garden but I'd like fun activities too.

I'd like toddlers to be able to 'draw on walls'.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Yes please!
    For children:
    1. Add more elementary school activities, such as school picnic/graduation trip/swimming lessons
    2. Can join the school if the player is having Get To Work
    3. Preteen stage
    4. First love
    5. Tutorial schools
    6. Selling lemon juice on the street
    7. More traits such as lost of milk teeth, adolescence, dislike opposite sex during the first half of childhood

For toddler
    1. Can join daycare or kindergarten if the player is having Get To Work
    2. Pain of growing teeth
    3. Toddler can use normal swimming pool when they're having swim rings
    4. Tricycle for toddler