Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There STILL No Way To Do This?

I am wanting a way to save sims to the gallery and maintain their relationships, ie. a couple who live together but are only friends, or boyfriend/girlfriend or engaged.

It always resets them to acquaintances when you download them into your game. It's very annoying.

I Googled this and can see people were asking for it back in 2014 and 2015 and nothing seems to have changed as far as I am aware. Does anyone know a way, other than cheats or mods? Or is it just still not possible?

Comments

• Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Only way I know of is cheats/mods. Which is a shame. :(
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited July 2021
    Unfortunately, there is no way to save relationship status. You will have to use cheats/mods to add their relationships back.

I think it's because they don't have a system in CAS to support boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance etc. My sims are currently engaged, but CAS just lists them as household members. Can't save them to the gallery as engaged if there is no option for it. EA/Maxis really needs to update CAS and allow more relationship types.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,189 Member
    I actually have a couple that I built up their friendship & romance relationship bar, then when it was high enough, I resaved them. That way if I ever have to bring them back into my world they will be already good friends & lovers. <3<3
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I really wish there were an option for sims to be boyfriends/girlfriends straight from CAS. Sometimes you want to create a couple without making them married but also have that foundation already in place when you start playing them. It seems like there should be some option between "household member" and "spouse."
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,605 Member
    @permanentrose definitely, and I don't see why they haven't given us this yet.