Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you guys think will be in the blog post?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A new content update
    A announcement of a new pack

This is what I'm hoping for. Aka a Gamepack Announcement.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-17443620"][quote="Horrorgirl6;c-17442204"]A new content update
    A announcement of a new pack[/quote]

This is what I'm hoping for. Aka a Gamepack Announcement.[/quote]

Honestly, me too! I don’t wanna get my hopes up though! 😂
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Hopefully they are willing to share with us what they are working on.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    logion wrote: »

I think they are considering what Frost said when I asked him:

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2020
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???
    81987d4a8411597adb288ba728d8edf22cc7574a.jpg

Nah that sounds too much like my dreams.
    We'll get another grim's guitar + bugfixes patch at best
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???
    Grim = forbidding or uninviting.
    Suru = Japanese, "to do"
    Frost = Cold

Expect something cold and uninviting. Stuff we probably don't want, like another hot tub. Bad content confirmed.

But let's look at it another way. Grim could be a reference to Grim the Dragon, The episode also involved hatching a dragon out of an egg. We can link Maxis to Disney because we know EA is in Disney's pocket (Hence Baby Yoda.) There's a connection there. "Dragons to do Frost." Which makes more sense backwards, "Frost to do dragons."

Dragons confirmed.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???
    Grim = forbidding or uninviting.
    Suru = Japanese, "to do"
    Frost = Cold

Expect something cold and uninviting. Stuff we probably don't want, like another hot tub. Bad content confirmed.

But let's look at it another way. Grim could be a reference to Grim the Dragon, The episode also involved hatching a dragon out of an egg. We can link Maxis to Disney because we know EA is in Disney's pocket (Hence Baby Yoda.) There's a connection there. "Dragons to do Frost." Which makes more sense backwards, "Frost to do dragons."

Dragons confirmed.

I love your passion in making everything related to dragons even though we haven't had them since TS3 Dragon valley lol
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

I love your passion in making everything related to dragons even though we haven't had them since TS3 Dragon valley lol
    Sometimes you need to keep the hope alive, you know what I'm saying?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???

I really, really hate to burst this particular bubble (especially since I'd love to be in it) but...
    GrimSuruDoi's April Fool's prank was to say that all Sim Gurus were going to become Grim Surus. I'm guessing Frost just ran with it a bit.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???

I really, really hate to burst this particular bubble (especially since I'd love to be in it) but...
    GrimSuruDoi's April Fool's prank was to say that all Sim Gurus were going to become Grim Surus. I'm guessing Frost just ran with it a bit.

Yeah, you're right.

• Options
    Grim Suru Frost ????

Grim Reaper content ???

Could be.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2020
    suzyl3 wrote: »

That's good to hear. I understand that things can change in game development (features get scrapped or changed) but I think they should be able to share some information at least.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd like to know how they're able to work on games while stuck in quarantine. Do they have access to all of the resources they need?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'd like to know how they're able to work on games while stuck in quarantine. Do they have access to all of the resources they need?

Most of it is probably electronic files, which as long as their home rig can handle it/has the appropriate programs installed, they can keep developing. I'd also expect the central files may be kept on a EA/Maxis exclusive server which they can presumably access remotely.

Heck, my dad worked as (essentially, I think his title was different) IT for the Chicago Board of Trade in the late 70's/early 80's and he was able to work from home part of the time via modem.

The assets they'd likely be missing are any reference art that's in hard copy, possibly information that was on white boards, and similar. Since California was among the first states to start shutting down, they may have had time to go in and take notes/reference pictures before they left.

The biggest sources of delay are going to be adjusting to the different rhythm at home, and adjusting to the presence of kids/pets/significant others/room mates that aren't normally part of the workday.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

That's good to hear. I understand that things can change in game development (features get scrapped or changed) but I think they should be able to share some information at least.

Indeed. When it comes to the ''big picture'' without going into too many details, they should be able to share more information.

I bet if it is going to be some ''roadmap'' it will most likely be as vague as always without even going into a theme.

''In the next 6 months we will release a GP, EP, SP. I won't tell you what the themes are yet, because we want to surprise you, but more content is on the way!''

Yeah and water is wet..
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Indeed. When it comes to the ''big picture'' without going into too many details, they should be able to share more information.

I bet if it is going to be some ''roadmap'' it will most likely be as vague as always without even going into a theme.

''In the next 6 months we will release a GP, EP, SP. I won't tell you what the themes are yet, because we want to surprise you, but more content is on the way!''

Yeah and water is wet..

I think having an element of surprise helps their marketing team explore more ideas for advertisement, especially pack trailers.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yeah and water is wet..

I think having an element of surprise helps their marketing team explore more ideas for advertisement, especially pack trailers.

That's why they intetionally stay vague.
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    At this point, I don't expect any new pack. More pack mean more bugs. The current game have hundreds of bugs, still got a lot of room for improvement so I hope for a MAJOR update.
  • Options
    At this point, I don't expect any new pack. More pack mean more bugs. The current game have hundreds of bugs, still got a lot of room for improvement so I hope for a MAJOR update.

If no new pack the least they could do is provide us with new free content in the patch eg cars or more pool items which brings me to another point. I wonder if they'll announce the Next Maxis Montly in the blog.
  • Options

If no new pack the least they could do is provide us with new free content in the patch eg cars or more pool items which brings me to another point. I wonder if they'll announce the Next Maxis Montly in the blog.

Didn't they say that MM aren't happening anymore?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've had a few days to think about it, and,
    nope

gon b Sweet Fanny Adams
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options

No.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member

They didn't explicitly say that, only that there would be some "changes" with it (super vague as usual), anyway one thing for sure is that it definitely isn't a "Monthly" anymore.