Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you guys think will be in the blog post?

So today (as I'm typing this, March 31st 2020), @SimGuruFrost posted this on his Twitter about future communication coming next week:

What do you guys think the blog post will contain?

Comments

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    There are different scenarios

1- A little announcement that they are doing fine and are working more than ever to deliver new content to us
    2- They give out the roadmap for the next 6 months
    3- They announce a new big update coming soon
    4- They announce a release date for the community stuff pack
    5- They tease a mysterious new pack That is coming out *sooner than we think* but they don't give out any details
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

1- A little announcement that they are doing fine and are working more than ever to deliver new content to us
    5- They tease a mysterious new pack That is coming out *sooner than we think* but they don't give out any details

I think 1,2,3,5 are the most possible. I don't think there would be a concrete date for the community stuff pack as it doesn't even have a name and it is definitely a WIP. I would love for it to be 5 most though. We are definitely overdue for new content.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member

I’m going with one. Communication has been decidedly bad the last couple of week, so I’m not holding my breath for anything.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    A new content update
    A announcement of a new pack
    edited April 2020
    A new content update
    A announcement of a new pack

Why would they announce a new pack with a blogpost, not a trailer?
    Upon further thought they do make new blog posts when they post new pack trailers hmmmm
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The last pack announced in a blog post without a trailer was Cool Kitchen back in 2015. It’s almost certainly not gonna be a pack announcement as they specifically emphasized that it’s a “cool blog post” (and nothing else).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The last pack announced in a blog post without a trailer was Cool Kitchen back in 2015. It’s almost certainly not gonna be a pack announcement as they specifically emphasized that it’s a “cool blog post” (and nothing else).

Since they emphasized the cool blog post, maybe they will announce the winter sports pack they had a survey about. :smiley:

crocobaura wrote: »

Since they emphasized the cool blog post, maybe they will announce the winter sports pack they had a survey about. :smiley:

It takes at least 6 months for them to make a new pack. Assuming that they started making the pack after the survery we would see them in ~3 months not next week

Frost did say in the comments that he's trying not to hype people up too much...

We'll probably get a bugfix patch and a blog post explaining How Maxis is doing in quarantine
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm expecting vague updates about various unknown projects interspersed with anecdotes about people's life under stay at home, maybe some bad cell phone pics of people's screens that have then been photo-shopped to have anything actually useful/informative blocked/blurred out.
    No clear info about upcoming packs (other than they exist) or release dates.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Words.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Perhaps about a patch with an OSX file location change, and perhaps something Easter related.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Hopefully, something about a new pack other than the knitting one. Or new patch content, at least.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2020
    Nothing. Who are we fooling lol it's Maxis.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2020
    Like April 2019, just the roadmap.
    I know you want to know, but I cannot share details about themes, features, content, or specific dates. I also don’t want to spoil everything, because it’s fun to be a little surprised. With that in mind, here’s the plan for new paid packs we are working on for The Sims 4 PC. Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack! We will also continue to release updates to the base game.

This list, as with anything in game development, is subject to change. We’ll continue to do our best to share changes as we make them.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yeah, it'll be a "we're still working on stuff" post.
    Or maybe we'll get another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hot tub.

I have zero expectations.
    wJbomAo.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    an announcement for a t-shirt with an image of a hot tub patch
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I am hoping that they announce an expansion pack (extremely unlikely)? If we get an expansion pack I hope it will be farming pack (which includes pigs, cows and horses). I have extremely low expectations for this announcement...
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    the blogpost is gonna announce something GAME CHANGING--

another plum Hot tub reskin
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Luxury wrote: »
    the blogpost is gonna announce something GAME CHANGING--

another plum Hot tub reskin

Last time they did something game changing, they upgraded to 64 bit.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2020
    It must be a *mind blowing* blog post though if the global community manager had to disappear from social media for over a week to work on that. Nah, probably just a vague roadmap.

Last time I got my hopes up for an announcement they hyped it turned out to be the gallery overhaul (that game changing update which brought the hashtags...), not letting that happen again.

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

These are all very feasible. I would be most happy with no.2 or no 3, but suppose the most likely is either no.1 or no.5. Either way, it's nice to hear there is something coming, even if it is just a blog post.

I also wonder whether we can expect any more 'passion projects'(as with the 1st person pov) now that many of the developers are wfh with possibly more time on their hands
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I would like a roadmap. But nah...
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    They already have assets for pets, and RoM came out recently. Maybe Britechester's dragon mascot was a hint, and we're getting pet dragons to go along with a more magical Sims 4?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017