Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 hints at "unexpected" expansion packs coming in 2020

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    Tiny Living Stuff sounds like Discover University Missing Stuff.

Murphy bed was included in TS3 University Life...
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not impressed by this ''Tiny Living'' stuffpack (what's new) I see it as an excuse to sell the murphy bed for 10$.

If it's not clear by now how EA is literally milking the community dry until there is nothing left..

Murphy Beds should have come in Discover University and Bunkbeds should have been in Parenthood.

UNLESS they are planning on making a Generations EP with Bunkbeds etc in it....
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'd rather have the Murphy Bed for $10 than $20. It looks like you could have some torturous fun with it.

Can't believe it took the team this long to notice all the 'small house' designs though...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'd rather have the Murphy Bed for $10 than $20. It looks like you could have some torturous fun with it.

Can't believe it took the team this long to notice all the 'small house' designs though...

Yeah, with "Tiny Houses" being one of the big fads of the last decade, you'd think a stuff pack based around the theme would have come out back in 2015 or 2016...(And, yes, I do think the "Tiny House" thing is a fad, and will taper off in popularity over time. I mean, it's basically moving your fully grown self into a "house" no bigger than a child's bedroom and trying to squish your whole self into that. Most people who try it are going to abandon it after they get tired of knocking down the tea kettle with their behind every time they turn around to turn the T.V. on...)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Murphy Beds should have come in Discover University and Bunkbeds should have been in Parenthood.

What university has murphy beds??
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2020
    Tiny Living Stuff sounds like Discover University Missing Stuff.

Murphy bed was included in TS3 University Life...

Yup. It's the norm now, after an EP, there's a SP to fill up the missing corners.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Given how I get sucked into TS3, yet easily bored with TS4 (and only after playing TS4 did I become engrossed in TS3), there's going to be a LOT that would have to be introduced.

; and that's with just Ambitions and Pets installed with TS3 (anything more really is taxing on my hardware--been wanting to play University and Generations, which I've had for months; but alongside the two packs I have it just crashes constantly) but every EP in TS4 but City Living, as well as Strangerville and Dine Out. If I'm not creating Sims or building, I get really bored, really quick.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm not getting excited till I see something to get excited about.

The craft pack looks like clutter, which I don't do, unless they put some things everyone likes. They should at least have one or two surprises besides what we pick out.

Then, we will be getting Tiny Home Living theme, but with only the Murphy bed, a small dining table, and the small computer desk with a bunch of fillers.

After strangerville, hearing that it's so different we won't see it coming is scary. True, sometimes that can be good. With the witches, we didn't get crystal ball, witches hats, or a cauldron that works like in Sims3. No underwater stuff and no boats to live on in the island pack. No teaching in Uni. We got those things and double more in the Sims3 packs.

To hear that we won't see it coming and packs we can guess are behind us says to me that we aren't getting farming this year. Sometimes, we should get stuff to round out the game, not just what the most vocal want. I can see the themes so far, but the game has needs. I loved the grocery store in Sims3. I could go in and buy produce that I wanted, now I have to hunt it down, which doesn't put me in control of how I want my game to go. I miss infants, tied to the crib isn't realistic for players that like realism in the game. No grave yard? Missing Grim interactions and not enough Goth. Exercise equipment is shameful. There are so many more things and equipment that aren't there and some not in the Sims3 either. I don't want any more versions of what we have, but new stuff. Jobs-. Everyday- grocery clerk, pizza guy, factory worker, the maid ECT. House builder, home interior designer, babysitter, farmer, gas station attendant (If we get vehicles), ect

I hope to get stuff this year that my game actually needs.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Can't wait! I love it when we get surprises :)
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'm not getting excited till I see something to get excited about.

The craft pack looks like clutter, which I don't do, unless they put some things everyone likes. They should at least have one or two surprises besides what we pick out.

Then, we will be getting Tiny Home Living theme, but with only the Murphy bed, a small dining table, and the small computer desk with a bunch of fillers.

After strangerville, hearing that it's so different we won't see it coming is scary. True, sometimes that can be good. With the witches, we didn't get crystal ball, witches hats, or a cauldron that works like in Sims3. No underwater stuff and no boats to live on in the island pack. No teaching in Uni. We got those things and double more in the Sims3 packs.

To hear that we won't see it coming and packs we can guess are behind us says to me that we aren't getting farming this year. Sometimes, we should get stuff to round out the game, not just what the most vocal want. I can see the themes so far, but the game has needs. I loved the grocery store in Sims3. I could go in and buy produce that I wanted, now I have to hunt it down, which doesn't put me in control of how I want my game to go. I miss infants, tied to the crib isn't realistic for players that like realism in the game. No grave yard? Missing Grim interactions and not enough Goth. Exercise equipment is shameful. There are so many more things and equipment that aren't there and some not in the Sims3 either. I don't want any more versions of what we have, but new stuff. Jobs-. Everyday- grocery clerk, pizza guy, factory worker, the maid ECT. House builder, home interior designer, babysitter, farmer, gas station attendant (If we get vehicles), ect

I hope to get stuff this year that my game actually needs.

I definitely think there are areas of the game where they implemented features that could have alternatives, but for whatever reasons alternatives weren’t added. The groceries are a good example. Being able to grow and pick your own vegetables is just ONE way to obtain them. The devs didn’t offer an alternative way. You either go pick them or you just pay the higher amount when you go to cook food. It might seem pointless for some people to have the option to go and buy groceries in bulk, but other players would want that, and having a multitude of options is what makes the game more immersive. I do think the people who make the decisions with this game should think about the things that round out the game, as you said, which includes alternatives to ONE possible answer.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I predict we get horses and werewolves next year. Raising pigs, chickens, other farm animals. Maybe something with superheroes. Time travel. I'd like to travel to the past this time... Better babies and kids. An amusement park/rides of some sort. And I really, really, hope they revamp traits & personalities so they matter more. Give us an additional slot, too.

Ha. I forgot that traveling back in time won this poll. I think we'll actually get it someday. The results were pretty close, though. So we might get pieces of the other themes, too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    "If I Can Turn Back Time"
    "Back in Time"
    "Time After Time"
    "I Had The Time of my Life"

LOL I have time travel songs in my head.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I definitely think there are areas of the game where they implemented features that could have alternatives, but for whatever reasons alternatives weren’t added. The groceries are a good example. Being able to grow and pick your own vegetables is just ONE way to obtain them. The devs didn’t offer an alternative way. You either go pick them or you just pay the higher amount when you go to cook food. It might seem pointless for some people to have the option to go and buy groceries in bulk, but other players would want that, and having a multitude of options is what makes the game more immersive. I do think the people who make the decisions with this game should think about the things that round out the game, as you said, which includes alternatives to ONE possible answer.

Technically, if you have City Living you can buy fruit and veggies and fish (or is fish just with Cats & Dogs?) at the market stalls but I agree, I'd love an actual grocery store :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited January 2020
    I already found names for them
    • Get Past
    • Space Living
    • Apocalypse Living
    • Get Hungry
    I predict we get horses and werewolves next year. Raising pigs, chickens, other farm animals. Maybe something with superheroes. Time travel. I'd like to travel to the past this time... Better babies and kids. An amusement park/rides of some sort. And I really, really, hope they revamp traits & personalities so they matter more. Give us an additional slot, too.

Ha. I forgot that traveling back in time won this poll. I think we'll actually get it someday. The results were pretty close, though. So we might get pieces of the other themes, too.

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Well, they were right. NOBODY saw that tiny stuff pack coming and it wasn’t because it’s so small.

—T
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Loanet wrote: »

Yeah, with "Tiny Houses" being one of the big fads of the last decade, you'd think a stuff pack based around the theme would have come out back in 2015 or 2016...(And, yes, I do think the "Tiny House" thing is a fad, and will taper off in popularity over time. I mean, it's basically moving your fully grown self into a "house" no bigger than a child's bedroom and trying to squish your whole self into that. Most people who try it are going to abandon it after they get tired of knocking down the tea kettle with their behind every time they turn around to turn the T.V. on...)

The trend is over already pretty much. I've been seeing a lot of articles lately on the downsides and cons of tiny homes. My city doesnt even allow them lmao they clash with building and zoning codes.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited January 2020
    Based on the last survey, with questions about resorts and snow activities, they’re maybe working on a ski vacation GP with resorts/hotels ?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Based on the last survey, with questions about resorts and snow activities, they’re maybe working on a ski vacation GP with resorts/hotels ?

It’s almost certainly going to be an EP. Game packs don’t have anywhere enough budget for all these things they want to do.

In old surveys it’s listed as an EP as well. I wonder if it’s going to be the November EP this year as I doubt they’d release a Winter EP in June.

C5N5KfTUEAAw-Ob.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wonder if it’s going to be the November EP this year as I doubt they’d release a Winter EP in June.

Yeah that would be unexpected.

Wait a minute...
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

It’s almost certainly going to be an EP. Game packs don’t have anywhere enough budget for all these things they want to do.

In old surveys it’s listed as an EP as well. I wonder if it’s going to be the November EP this year as I doubt they’d release a Winter EP in June.

C5N5KfTUEAAw-Ob.jpg

Ownable businesses seem to be mostly an EP thing too. The first ownable businesses came in the Get to Work EP, and ownable vet clinics came in the Cats and Dogs EP. The only exception is the Dine Out GP. But that didnt come with a world, so since an ownable resort/hotel pack is most definitely going to come with a world of some kind it's certainly going to be an EP.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Well, I just took another official survey and it asked A LOT about a winter vacation + hotels.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, I just took another official survey and it asked A LOT about a winter vacation + hotels.

I'd be super down if it's well done. The winter vacation spot in TS1 was amazing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Star Wars expansion.
    It's rediculous how little they use that license either way, and they only did a bunch of bad looking halloween costumes for the sims while they can do so much more.

Going full star wars should probably be a spin off game of it's own and done seriously do be like the sims and not limited like sims medieval.

But at least a game pack could be made featuring star wars content that would fit in. Like calling sims through a holotransmitter, computers and furniture sets used in star wars, ability to build various droids from star wars, fan T-shirts and caps, Leia's and other iconic star wars hairstyles being available as actual hairstyles and not a bad wig, jedi robe costume with and without cloak with swatches, some other star wars costumes usable for civilians, maybe even lightsabers that can be used for a new sword fight skill that lets sims spar and could also have regular swords and such available.

• Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Which one? :) Can you please link the survey? :)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well someone probably already said this but they did surprise us with that stuff pack so yeah they may surprise us with expansion packs and other things.