Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you ready for the Sims 5?

ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
I would love to hear your reasons for your choice as well.

Are you ready for the Sims 5? 275 votes

Yes, I think I'm ready to move onto TS5.
17%
auroraael14icmnfrshGRIMMYIdontrcallsimlish1ANNETTE1951drake_mccartymock68Cinebaralanmichael1zagboorulesSk8rblazetaydevAmaraStormClassicalSimmercy55fundoogeriewormstache999pammiechickkphillips2977 49 votes
I've been ready for TS5 since 2015.
9%
CK213Kolbyrudy8292britcam07AyradyssStilettoBlackBagoas77Moon_WillowicftlduKaeChan2089Hestia3PupDLSphantasmkissMikado-chanSajahicatitude5SavvySimmiecocoOlivesplum06ari100 25 votes
No, I'm enjoying TS4 and and am not thinking about future games.
44%
Akl500PJoBass24usGalacticGalLaBlue0314gameliaalexspoom13HowGreatThouArtVkittyMjstsmPPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegRebeccaJeanine71Isb917Irdiweninvisiblgirlsimgirl1010Anyahscchant86JnyxJestTru 122 votes
No, I would love TS4 to go on for another 10 years if it can.
12%
Icewolfxbecky685xvessmeAjaGioDarcVader1VuloriKalaniCoolemluckysunshineashcrash19BabykittyjadePiutsikiJultan3Sindocat3KNPenNiaraTiaraYBNS2468musteniPotterheadSimMekoSharkmika 34 votes
No, I don't think I'll be interested in a TS5 unless... (Complete the sentence).
9%
GoldmoldarIceyJaprilroseelanorbretonRadioAChickenBluelleJerrelloHumility925ej_4_simsbixtersMoonfoxNightcryannaliese39BrittanyChick22So_MoneyDoodlyDoofusiBrowSAEldarinNorthDakotaGamersofasimHoliday 27 votes
No, I don't think I will ever be interested in a TS5.
6%
SimsprocfunLeGardePourpreSimburianMariefoxprice83Amj1995CeCeDotfullspiralfiercephoenix91SiliClonedomina89linkinsenpaiSimDestroyerRae357Evie0602DOKKOMhermioniaKathesaurCrazyCatMeawn 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Not at all! I’m enjoying the game and still have lots to do that I have not done; explore Jungle adventure for instance. Besides this time around I will more than likely not buy a new iteration right away. Unless it blows my mind! I’m kinda done with bare bones base games. TS4 still has a lot I like so no rush for 5 here.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No, I don't think I'll be interested in a TS5 unless... (Complete the sentence).
    Unless...it is dramatically better than TS4. Yes TS4 has a lot of good features (it does!), but I personally feel the sims themselves are not as smart or even believable/authentic in their reactions and interactions with each other. I find that they don't have personalities that surprise me or seem very different from any other sim, at least not as they did in TS2. Another thing...I'd really like to stop buying all these "extra content" packs when in truth they are more like "necessary" packs to make the BASE game better. No thanks. Not sure I'm up for that again. Give me a substantially-done (and improved) base game that includes those features considered a MUST (e.g., all life stages, some supernaturals, seasons, a fully-fleshed out educational system so we can actually play through those life stages, pets, etc.). It's crazy that every rendition brings the same pattern. No thanks.

That said, TS5 will have to really impress me, especially if, in order to play the game I want, I have to buy the Base game and then wait years and spend hundreds more dollars to enjoy it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nah! I'm fine to keep going with the Sims 4. Staring over with a new game kinda sucks and it takes years and many packs for them to become actually fun to play. I'd rather they just focus on improving the game we have. I like the cartoon style graphics of TS4 as well so I'm not really looking for an upgrade on those either.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    It has the significant gameplay features which I expect from the series. I also want an offline only game, so no online features would be great. I never purchase at launch anyway, so the game will be at least 2 years old before I get it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    We have the toddlers I have always wanted. We now have a much better celebrity system and with a mod, I've got my singer Sim back. I am truly enjoying this game, like I haven't enjoyed the Sims in a very long time. I do play it every day, only this time I don't have the love/hate relationship with it I had with Sims3.

Sims 5 will come when it comes. For now, I'm not looking too far ahead of things. I'm enjoying the here and now. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm enjoying Sims 4, but there's still so much wrong with it, so many things missing and so many (seemingly, I don't make games) easy changes that would make the experience so much better. as good as Moschino and ROM look, I'm not even getting those until I'm able to bundle them, I just can't pay full price for this series anymore. EA's just made too many decisions that I simply don't agree with, even if I can respect the thought process that went into them.

When 5 comes out (which I'm certain is no time soon, there's still plenty of $$$ to be made with 4), I'm gonna lurk the forums, check the screenshots, take in every bit of positive and negative feedback before I even contemplate buying it. If it, like 4, tries to appeal more towards children than longtime players and it if keeps up this trend of restricting players instead of freely giving them the tools to make their visions come to life, then I'll just have to hold off.

With all this said, curiosity would surely get the best of me at some point, but even so I'd likely wait for a severe price drop first.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No way. I'm not ready to start over.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    No, I don't think I will ever be interested in a TS5.
    I made a promise, Sims 4 is the last sims game for me.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Let's just hope they don't make the same mistakes, but that is very unlikely.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Definitely. I don't feel the base game of TS4 innovated enough to last this long. The packs don't do much to supplement the core game, either.

The Sims 5 will come around and The Sims 4 won't be remembered the same way TS1, TS2, and TS3 are. Assuming it's not an even bigger trainwreck than 4 was.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like TS4, but it's buggy. And the recent bugfix patches have been laughable to say the least. The fact that certain major bugs have continued to exist for years now makes me think that the game has problems that are actually unfixable.

That's not really to say that I expect anything to go differently next time around though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    ... EA proves to me that they have some level of competence and ambition.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love sims 4.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Considering they plan on updating Sims 4 for another 3 years I'm not terribly concerned with 5.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Yes. TS4 feels very limited to me after TS3. This new magic pack, 5 lots in the new place and one in the magic place. Really? Let us decide how many lots we can place. This game is so lacking. I'm so sick of it's limitations. The sims are great, but the worlds disappoint me so bad. Just move on already.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Meeee...or just...end this series entirely...because I can't take another butchering of my most beloved video game series...
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes. TS4 feels very limited to me after TS3. This new magic pack, 5 lots in the new place and one in the magic place. Really? Let us decide how many lots we can place. This game is so lacking. I'm so sick of it's limitations. The sims are great, but the worlds disappoint me so bad. Just move on already.

No they are gonna milk this dead cow for every thing they got . -rolls eyes.- But I feel you.
  • Options
    britcam07britcam07 Posts: 9 New Member
    I mean- so many of us has been begging for a sims university type pack for..... hmmm..... FOREVER, but I'll just keep slow sipping until that finally shows up ☕️🙄
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sims 4's building mechanics are great, and the graphics, though they took me a while to get used to, are also great. It's an attractive game.

I miss the substance of previous versions though, and I'm not going to stop missing it. I miss sims reacting to things and to each other based on their traits rather than their moods. I miss feeling like they were really individuals, and that traits did more than give a bonus to a mood or skill. I miss being constantly surprised by little details. The other games felt really rich and detailed, like they were their own world instead of a game.

And, Maxis forgive me, I'll never stop mourning the color wheel.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    As much as I love this franchise I think after playing for the last 20 years I'm just about simmed out. I adore 4, am looking forward to what's in store for the next few years, and feel no enthusiasm whatsoever about starting all over again. This is the first version where I feel I'll have enough time to experience all the game offers. I left so much undone in 2 and 3 because I was so psyched to get on with the next iteration.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 792 Member
    TS4 has gone on long enough now,EA-it's time to pull the plug on it and start making a better Sims game. Hopefully,EA will take the hint and pull the plug on TS4 in 2021,and NOT keep it going for 3 + years.After 2020,it will be time for EA to move on and give us TS 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    TS4 has gone on long enough now,EA-it's time to pull the plug on it and start making a better Sims game. Hopefully,EA will take the hint and pull the plug on TS4 in 2021,and NOT keep it going for 3 + years.After 2020,it will be time for EA to move on and give us TS 5.

Problem with that is, how do we know they’ll make a better game? What if it’s worse? And what if it’s 2025 before we catch up to the amount of content we have now?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I wouldn't mind it, I just don't want it now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,256 Member
    The Sims came out in 2000, TS2 came out in 2004, TS3 came out in 2009, and TS4 came out in 2014. So according to the "trend", a new one should/could be coming out right about now.
    However, I can't help but think that coming out with #5 would be too soon. Maybe it's just because I've gotten older and view time differently, but the time between the older versions seemed to be at just the right moment. The original was lacking a lot of gameplay the 2nd introduced, The 3rd one introduced more "infinite" possibilities, and the 4th brought...different things that are still being improved upon.
    I'm just not really sure EA is ready to produce another TS title based on what we've seen happen to TS4.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Considering they plan on updating Sims 4 for another 3 years I'm not terribly concerned with 5.

@WolfNate pretty sure its not 3 years anymore, 2019 is almost over haha.