Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you annoyed that your DLC clothing is now added to base game for everyone

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    No (Even if I own the DLC)
    Wait, sorry, I voted before I really understood the whole situation. Was every piece of hair and clothing from every expansion, stuff pack and gamepack added? Or just main expansion cas items? I didn't actually know about this!

No. Maybe a dozen or so clothing items and a hairstyle from across 29 (I think?) DLC packs. If it had been everything this place would be burning to the ground right now :D
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    Wait, sorry, I voted before I really understood the whole situation. Was every piece of hair and clothing from every expansion, stuff pack and gamepack added? Or just main expansion cas items? I didn't actually know about this!

Neither. There was like 9 items, one from each of nine different packs, might have been more or less than 9 but somewhere around there, that were added to the base game with new color swatches. The swatches that were in the DLC Packs were not included in the base game just the new ones along with the item

13 items.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Neither. There was like 9 items, one from each of nine different packs, might have been more or less than 9 but somewhere around there, that were added to the base game with new color swatches. The swatches that were in the DLC Packs were not included in the base game just the new ones along with the item

13 items.

Thanks. I hadn't counted LOL
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ugh... Difficult question, since I can see both sides of the argument, but ultimately, no, I'm not personally annoyed. I buy expansions for the new features and gameplay, not the clothes.

The thing that does annoy me, though, is the false advertising in the patch notes, calling those items new when they really aren't. Yes, the term "base game" comes up two sentences later, but phrased in a way that makes you think you only need the base game to access the content, rather than it being taken from expansions and put into the base game. And I bet you everything you want that it was deliberately phrased that way to make this patch look bigger and better than it really is!

Edit: Wow, that's my 1,000th message here! So it must mean something.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    I'm a bit miffed, since more hairstyles is definitely part the reason I buy packs. I'm happy others have them now, that's really nice, but...I can't help but just feel plum stupid every time I spend money on this game. Like I've been tricked and fell for it again, when I really should know better by now. And that's not a good feeling, and probably not the feeling you want in your customers. Like, I already completely, totally WILL NEVER buy any packs at full price any more, cause I've been burned too many times. How long will it be before I just give up on packs entirely and just use mods?
  • Options
    Yes

13 items.

I did because I spent my money on them. The most aggravating for me is the SP's since the point of them is the "stuff". Even with the new gameplay objects the point IS the "stuff".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Yes, but just a little bit.

What bothers me most is that I think 2 of the talked about 20 content drops have been just recolors of things already in the game. The doors and now most of the items in this patch. It makes me think that the majority of future items we'd get this year as the promised 20 content drops are going to be recolors of things we already have. (yes, I know the hairstyle is new).

I miss CASt.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I honestly could care less. I don't see how this is any different from offering packs on sale after a while, or giving out free samples.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no and i think its also a very generous thing that was done since not everyone can afford or buy the dlc
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Not really.
    I'm annoyed that I (own all packs) didn't get anything new.
    I don't mind them including some pack items into base game, it wasn't all of them anyway and not the best items packs have to offer.
    I just wish there were as many new items as old ones.
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes

13 items.

I did because I spent my money on them. The most aggravating for me is the SP's since the point of them is the "stuff". Even with the new gameplay objects the point IS the "stuff".

If it's only a dozen or so items (across multiple packs) that were added that you previously had, that's probably only a dollar (or less) worth of actual content that you had that was added to the base game for everyone else. I don't think 13 items out of the hundreds and hundreds of items from packs is a big deal. *edit for clarity*
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options

Oh, seriously? "Yes" voters are mad about 9-13 items? Get over yourselves, lol. If I could change my vote to "no" I would. I thought it was every item since Sims 4 inception. 9-13 items is NOT a big deal. And I have all the main expansions (except for IL) + Parenthood. I don't care if a few items from the packs I have are now included in base game.

It would be different if it were every cas item, but since it's not...then I don't see what the big deal is. From the way this post is worded and some of the other "yes" voters responses I thought it was a LOT bigger than what it actually is.

There's a list somewhere of what the items are, but it's hard for me to find it on my phone I've only had a cell phone for under a year and I'm not that used to using it yet h, everything so tiny on here haha. Another point you make though, I really do wish we could change votes on these forms. There's been times when I've accidentally clicked on the wrong one as well.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yes
    This time I must say yes- and not because of people who got the items for free (I’m always happy when I see people enjoying free content), but because of EA promoting old stuff as new (which is not OK). Instead of creating new CAS assets, they decided to slip in old items as new (which would have been totally fine if they’d advertised it as such).
    Exactly this.

Am I mad people got for free something I paid for ? No. But I am mad the best they can come up with when they want to add new basegame content is to take it away from somewhere else.

It's not even free content for us the players, it's for their new promo sims to look like advertised without the necessary packs.

What happened, was the person creating the new starter sims so very adamant about the Fitness SP leggings or the Dineout hair being the only viable option for their sims, that they had to make that content basegame to appease them ?
    Is everyone at EAxis okay ? Are they getting bullied ?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Yes
    Not because people got free items. But because this really feels like minimum effort from EA and Maxis. And it worries me about future content. Are the moshino stuff pack going to contain clothes from other packs with just moschino recolors?
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    I mean I'm not *personally* harmed by this (no longer surprised, too) but it's annoyING, I have to vote that way out of principle. It doesn't mean that I'm enraged because I vote yes, haha. :D

What I am though, is hungry and now I want McDonalds, lol!! :D:D:D
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    happyopi wrote: »
    This time I must say yes- and not because of people who got the items for free (I’m always happy when I see people enjoying free content), but because of EA promoting old stuff as new (which is not OK). Instead of creating new CAS assets, they decided to slip in old items as new (which would have been totally fine if they’d advertised it as such).
    Exactly this.

Am I mad people got for free something I paid for ? No. But I am mad the best they can come up with when they want to add new basegame content is to take it away from somewhere else.

It's not even free content for us the players, it's for their new promo sims to look like advertised without the necessary packs.

What happened, was the person creating the new starter sims so very adamant about the Fitness SP leggings or the Dineout hair being the only viable option for their sims, that they had to make that content basegame to appease them ?
    Is everyone at EAxis okay ? Are they getting bullied ?

Honestly yeah, the only reason these items got patched was because they didn't bother to make new assets, or use already existing BG stuff, on the new cover art sims. It's really stupid. At least the new hair looks really pretty, makes up for the one they made free from the Dine Out GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yes
    I meant to vote no so you can take my yes off :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    This is such a weird thing to complain about, or even notice. It's not even like they're giving away all or most of the pack features.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Yes
    It bothers me a little but not extremely. I think it is a strange move. We have paid for those items and now they are base game. So our packs have less content for the price we paid. If they would patch in items for specific packs like a new hot tub for the patio pack, a new tent for OR or decent alien toddler suits and not just the alien diaper for get to work. That would be a nice trade off for giving away items we bought.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    I have the base game free and now I have that stuff for free too. But I empathize with the people who feel cheated because they paid for that stuff.

I also don't believe all those people who are fine with this. I don't know any of you so why should I let you influence me against what is obvious? It's just another smoke and mirrors move to get the rest of us to be okay with this.

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I have the base game free and now I have that stuff for free too. But I empathize with the people who feel cheated because they paid for that stuff.

I also don't believe all those people who are fine with this. I don't know any of you so why should I let you influence me against what is obvious? It's just another smoke and mirrors move to get the rest of us to be okay with this.

Are you suggesting there's some sort of shady conspiracy? Because if so I definitely want to be a shill for Big Sim.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    There weren't even that many items added lol. I have all the packs, and I literally do not care that a few items from different ones have been added to the base game. In fact, I recently encouraged a few of my friends to get TS4 when it was free. I then became so aware of how lacking the base game is once you have all this other stuff added. I'd love for them to take more things to be honest. I already have them, it doesn't matter. Obviously there is a line that should be defined, because if a whole stuff pack is introduced for free (unless it was MFPS) I'd be a little peeved. I just don't see why anyone could even be upset that a jacket, a shirt, a hairstyle, some jewelry, etc. have been added for everyone when it was barely even a fraction of the overall cost of whatever the pack was originally.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes

Are you suggesting there's some sort of shady conspiracy? Because if so I definitely want to be a shill for Big Sim.

Well, there you go.
  • Options

Wait I'm confused... You think that people who are not okay with this decision, would pretend they are okay with it in order to convince other people to be okay with it? I am puzzled how this would make any sense at all. I mean I don't really care if people agree with me or not, but I certainly am not going to try and convince them to disagree with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top