Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you annoyed that your DLC clothing is now added to base game for everyone

Comments

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Here are 4 of the DLC to BG assets for comparison. Top row are the new swatches that got added to BG. Bottom row are the new BG swatches combined with the pack swatches. I took these screenshots before and after disabling all packs.

b198ed88ac.png

Okay, I can accept it like that.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    No (Even if I own the DLC)
    No I don’t care. Remember how bare the base game was on clothing, yeah. It’s just clothes people, it’s not like they are all the sudden giving the whole packs for free. Some little kid who can’t afford all the packs now has all the cool clothes. :)
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Only because I don’t use CAS items until someone has modded them and made a nice retexture.

While I personally don’t mind, I think it’s extremely poor of EA to just patch stuff in that we’ve paid good money for. Can’t they patch in stuff that doesn’t exist yet? Like cars, burglars, firemen, home alarms, etc?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Let's say you go to McDonalds and buy a menu.

Some fries, a big mac, a coca cola, even nuggets.

A McDonalds employer comes to you, takes your nuggets and your fries away without even asking, and gives it to someone who hasn't even selected what they want to eat. How would you feel honestly?

But we still have that content, it’s not like they were taken away from us all together and given to other players. It’s more like if you paid for your order and then the restaurant started giving that same order away for free on the menu. I still wouldn’t care. I’d just go get back in line. :D
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I don't really know know how I feel since I usually get annoyed when packs get a discount and I didn't buy it when the it is discounted. Also when the base game is free, oh man I should've wait. Hehehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes

b198ed88ac.png

I kind of wish they could move it into one outfit.

Like that city living dress then the same dress in seasons with hearts are seperate outfits - would be a little cleaner!
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    At first when I read about this, I thought ALL DLC clothing was being put into the base game, this may have miffed me, but likely not. I get DLC for reasons other than clothing, even if I loved a DLCs clothing, that would not be enough for me to buy the game.

This change has taken nothing away from me or my enjoyment of TS4, but it may have added enjoyment for those who can only have the base game, and that can only be a good thing.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Here are 4 of the DLC to BG assets for comparison. Top row are the new swatches that got added to BG. Bottom row are the new BG swatches combined with the pack swatches. I took these screenshots before and after disabling all packs.

b198ed88ac.png

Oh...! That's better. I thought they gave it all away. I don't know why the pack icon don't appear in the other swatches. Now it makes sense why there was only one new hairstyle for free in the patch, it was a compensation for the one actual asset they took away from the DLC which was the Dine Out hair.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Nah. Not bothered since it's not the same items that I paid for but extra swatches for them.

It plum that the items are no longer searchable by their packs though, but it would likely be more of a mess if they added the new swatches as a duplicate item. (why they're no longer on the DLC item listings though, I don't know, since they're very much still DLC items)

For comparison: the hoodie/top from Fitness Stuff has 10 (or so) swatches when bought with the pack. In base game, there are 3, which got added to the list, making the total for anyone who owns the Stuff pack 13+. The only loss is that the item is no longer unique to the SP, only the swatches are. To me personally, that's not a big deal.

If this is true, how will they be flagged for sims who are uploaded to the gallery with the EP swatch? I mean if the item is base game and the swatch is EP?
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Nah. Not bothered since it's not the same items that I paid for but extra swatches for them.

It plum that the items are no longer searchable by their packs though, but it would likely be more of a mess if they added the new swatches as a duplicate item. (why they're no longer on the DLC item listings though, I don't know, since they're very much still DLC items)

For comparison: the hoodie/top from Fitness Stuff has 10 (or so) swatches when bought with the pack. In base game, there are 3, which got added to the list, making the total for anyone who owns the Stuff pack 13+. The only loss is that the item is no longer unique to the SP, only the swatches are. To me personally, that's not a big deal.

If this is true, how will they be flagged for sims who are uploaded to the gallery with the EP swatch? I mean if the item is base game and the swatch is EP?

They are flagged as BG content. Probably because the object itself is BG but not the recolours.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yes

b198ed88ac.png

Oh...! That's better. I thought they gave it all away. I don't know why the pack icon don't appear in the other swatches. Now it makes sense why there was only one new hairstyle for free in the patch, it was a compensation for the one actual asset they took away from the DLC which was the Dine Out hair.

How is that compensation? Then shouldn't only the people with Dine Out get the new hair?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    It sorta irked me at first, but in the end I really couldn't care. I would've preferred new clothing assets, but it's not like they're giving them out by the truckload. It's just a few assets out of thousands, so I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it.
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    DeKay wrote: »

b198ed88ac.png

How is that compensation? Then shouldn't only the people with Dine Out get the new hair?

I said that through EA's perspective, to them, it's probably compensation ahaha. I was being sarcastic in there. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yes
    DeKay wrote: »

b198ed88ac.png

I said that through EA's perspective, to them, it's probably compensation ahaha. I was being sarcastic in there. :p

Oh okay. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Can someone tell me/break down which items were DLC that were turned into base game items? I literally see ONE new item that I haven't seen before and I think it was a female hairstyle.
    None of the clothes/hats seem to be different/new
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Not annoyed. I got more swatches. I feel like I’ve already gotten my money’s worth from the packs and I’m glad that people who aren’t as fortunate as I am to own everything get to use them too.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Not really. The only thing I'm annoyed at is them passing off DLC stuff like it's brand new things being added to the game. It just seems shady.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No I don't have a problem with it. People download CC recolors of this stuff all the time and I don't get mad at them. It's their business what they do - not mine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    At the scope it happened - just a very small pool of individual items - nope.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me/break down which items were DLC that were turned into base game items? I literally see ONE new item that I haven't seen before and I think it was a female hairstyle.
    None of the clothes/hats seem to be different/new

b198ed88ac.png

Also, a hairstyle from Dine Out got released for everone as well.
    This one
    inquisitr-dine-out-1-670x388.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Yes
    It makes me feel like the whole franchise is going in a direction I personally do not like. I have spent a lot of money on this game and sometimes it feels like that is all that matters. More money. Not that we enjoy the game and want to keep playing it. I am happy for those simmers who got something for free, yay, but at the same time I feel left out and disappointed for not having the joy of something new. Well, one hairstyle at least.
    Should that make me happy?
    origin ID: adduapina
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    Personally I think it’s shows a lack of effort. Rebranding the game and adding “new content” sounds like a win, but they didn’t make anything new beyond one Adult Female (abbreviation censored for some reason) hair. A studio of this size could have easily made new assets for the rebrand, but they chose to shortchange those who paid for that content in the pack it came with and just rip it out of the pack leaving us with expensive recolors of those items.

I’ve seen a lot of different opinions on it, and if you’re cool with it then you’re cool with it. However, that doesn’t change the fact that they put in the least amount of effort possible when they did it. Assets that were actually new would be a win-win, new for everyone, but they chose to disregard people who spent their money and gave them recolors while non-owners get free content ripped from packs that must be purchased.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Yes
    I'm more annoyed because they advertised it as getting new items. Could they not have just made some new cas items for the base game with a good variety of swatches and patched those in for free? Because given their announcement, that is what it sounded like. It is super misleading.

I'm less annoyed now it's been shown that they only get new swatches and that the original ones are still exclusive. I'm more annoyed that it sounded like new items and I got excited and actually it's just one new hair and nothing else really.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I so don't care.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I'm not particuarly concerned by it, if anything the BG could do with a lot more choices. When i started building households in BG, there was only so many choices open before everyone became clones of everyone else in the sim world. Now if the BG deserves expac material, i'm leaving that to the side, but could it use a free upgrade to add more choices in clothes, hair styles and the like? for sure it could. TS4 will only get better the more options it has, as it promotes a much greater chance of unique looking sims. with more unique looking houses.

personally i'd like to see more different types of clutter as well, like plastic tower shelves with motherboards, graphics cards or stacked paper bills in a slightly disorganised state, with stationary in a lower level. add in printers, hoovers, individual shoes, general stuff like crisp packets, extractor fans, desktop fans.. it goes on.

Imagine what one could do with all those to create a very realistic looking place. The average teenage boy has dirty clothes, empty drinks bottles and the like all over the room wtih pinups of scantily clad women either on their own or draped over a vehicle. the perfect girlie girl has a pink room, pictures of cartoon ponies, barbie dolls and the like. How about about girls and boys who have a thing for gothic scene and deathmetal, full of anger bobing their heads to music played loudly? what about those boys who like Japanese Anime and Manga scene with cartoon girls in skirts and the like.

plenty of room to improve the game and provide more personality to each sim.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top