July 19 - Friday Highlight time! Find this week's here!
July 16 - The Sims 4 players, it's patch day! Check what's new for PC/Mac here and for console here.
July 16 - We will be performing a maintenance on The Sims 3 servers today. Details here.

Werewolves howling in Forgotten Hollow - hint for Realm of Magic?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 2,311 Member
My sim was just in Forgotten Hollow and I heard werewolves howling (at least, I heard wolves howling and I assume it was meant to be werewolves). I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before. Could this be a hint that werewolves will be included in Realm of Magic?

I’m sorry if it turns out that this sound has always been in FH and Ive just missed it until now!

Comments

  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 130 Member
    I just hope they wouldn't clump too much occults in the pack so that they have sufficient resources to develop better magic.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 419 Member
    ...how does that even relate to realm of magic? Cause werewolf was in TS3 supernatural? Realm of magic is a GP, doubt they would focus on another occult other than witches/warlocks. Seeing as Vampires got their own GP, if they were to do werewolf’s it probably would be it’s own GP too
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 24 Member
    Werewolf aren't really ralated to magic so I don't think it's a hint.
    Also, they wouldn't have tease content coming 2 years after...
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 2,311 Member
    edited June 17
    @DreamCytcher I agree

    @SelinaKyles I mean I wasn’t expecting werewolves in this pack either, but when I heard it I remembered TS3 like you say. I think you’re right that werewolves would be better and more fleshed out if given their own GP.

    @Drago97232 like I said, it’s just because in TS3 there were werewolves in the supernatural pack which witches came in (though this new pack is specifically called ‘Realm of MAGIC’). I didn’t mean that they’d been teasing this for 2 years. I’ve never heard the howling before. I thought maybe it was added in the latest patch or something as a hint and if it was a hint, surely it would be for one of the next packs.

    I think you’re all right that it’s probably not a hint and we likely won’t get werewolves in Realm of Magic (which I’m fine with, I was never desperate for them anyway) it’s just fun to speculate. I did wonder whether anyone else had heard the wolves howling in FH and why they’ve only just added it now (or maybe Im going mad - that is also a distinct possibility :D )
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 1,511 Member
    If there’s a hint surely it would be the werewolf statue in the pack, as opposed to some random noise that may or may not be there.

    SimGuruGrant flat out said werewolves weren’t in their current plan last year. Nothing in Vampires can be a werewolf hint since werewolves weren’t planned at all when they were making the pack.


    ΔΤΔ



    lhSmWvL.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 2,311 Member
    edited June 17
    @elelunicy

    @Drago97232 I didn’t mean that they’d been teasing this for 2 years. I’ve never heard the howling before. I thought maybe it was added in the latest patch or something as a hint and if it was a hint, surely it would be for one of the next packs.

    I think you’re all right that it’s probably not a hint and we likely won’t get werewolves in Realm of Magic (which I’m fine with, I was never desperate for them anyway) it’s just fun to speculate. I did wonder whether anyone else had heard the wolves howling in FH and why they’ve only just added it now (or maybe I’m going mad - that is also a distinct possibility :D )

    But yeah, thanks for the info! I guess I am just going mad :D
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 55 Member
    I believe those noises have always been there (but I'm hoping for werewolves so much!)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 2,311 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    I believe those noises have always been there (but I'm hoping for werewolves so much!)
    @TomaTeri good to know, thanks! I suppose I must just not ahve noticed until now.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 164 Member
    It may just to add to the creepy ambience of Forgotten Hollow.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 70 Member
    Interesting, I’ve not noticed the howling before... They left lots of hints at werewolf’s in the vampire pack. I would love a werewolf pack that focused around a rivalry or some kind of tensions between the 2 occult’s, and werewolves that look like the statues, with like new body models/ meshes whatever they are called lol but like everyone has already pointed out...

    Apparently they weren’t hinting :(
  • mikamika Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited June 18
    @Drago97232 "werewolves aren't related to magic" has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. They are magical, fantasy creatures. Exactly how would you explain people transforming into wolves as "non-magical"? Show me the science please lmao

    ignore the dissenters OP, for some reason they like to mock and attack people who talk about hints. I haven't heard any wolves howling yet but I know that they leave hints for us all the time, so it very well could be. I've always seen the statue of the werewolf and the statue of the kneeling fairy as hints to future occults. In Pets, there was a mermaid sculpture or drawing in one of the Brindleton Bay lots.

    The fact that the next GP is called "Magical Realm" makes me think that there may be more than one occult. Witches will obviously be the main one, but we may also get Werewolves, Fairies, or something new like Elves. TS3 Supernatural gave us several occults in one pack, so we know it can be done.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,758 Member
    The wolves howling in Forgotten Hollow have been there since Vampires came out. There are also Coyotes that howl in Strangerville.

    I really do hope that they don't put werewolves into Realm of Magic. They are my biggest WANT of the game right now and they deserve better then to be crammed into in a pack that will more then likely mostly focus mostly on witches no matter what it's called.

    Werewolves are awesome and they deserve a full Game Pack of their own not to just be an afterthought.
    10xwqon.jpg
    ~ ~ ~
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Ah yes, the children of the night - what music they make! Although it's not a new thing, I like to think it's a hint that werewolves will be added at some point. My game feels incomplete without them as rivals to my vampires. Werewolves are magical, but I'm not expecting them in Realm of Magic (I would love to be wrong about that though). Honestly I don't mind what pack they come in, just as along as we get them and they are well done.
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 628 Member
    mika wrote: »
    @Drago97232 "werewolves aren't related to magic" has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. They are magical, fantasy creatures. Exactly how would you explain people transforming into wolves as "non-magical"? Show me the science please lmao

    ignore the dissenters OP, for some reason they like to mock and attack people who talk about hints. I haven't heard any wolves howling yet but I know that they leave hints for us all the time, so it very well could be. I've always seen the statue of the werewolf and the statue of the kneeling fairy as hints to future occults. In Pets, there was a mermaid sculpture or drawing in one of the Brindleton Bay lots.

    The fact that the next GP is called "Magical Realm" makes me think that there may be more than one occult. Witches will obviously be the main one, but we may also get Werewolves, Fairies, or something new like Elves. TS3 Supernatural gave us several occults in one pack, so we know it can be done.

    While Werewolves are magical creatures, they don't posses any magical powers in the usual lore. They are basically forced to turn on every full moon, without any control over it. Aside from that they can turn others into werewolves. Only other powers I recall are that they are stronger than the usual human or heal at a faster rate.

    For science, well while I don't know species that turns only during a certain time, there are definately some that do change. Basically every insect does so, from larvae to adult. Another example are frogs. So yeah, werewolf metamorphosis could be explained by science.

    Since the pack is called "Magical Realm" or "Realm of Magic" I personally expect occults with magic powers like wizzards, witches and fairies.

    As to the wolves howling, I usually play with sounds of so I never noticed :sweat_smile:, but it would fit the creepy theme of the pack.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 24 Member
    mika wrote: »
    @Drago97232 "werewolves aren't related to magic" has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. They are magical, fantasy creatures. Exactly how would you explain people transforming into wolves as "non-magical"? Show me the science please lmao

    ignore the dissenters OP, for some reason they like to mock and attack people who talk about hints. I haven't heard any wolves howling yet but I know that they leave hints for us all the time, so it very well could be. I've always seen the statue of the werewolf and the statue of the kneeling fairy as hints to future occults. In Pets, there was a mermaid sculpture or drawing in one of the Brindleton Bay lots.

    The fact that the next GP is called "Magical Realm" makes me think that there may be more than one occult. Witches will obviously be the main one, but we may also get Werewolves, Fairies, or something new like Elves. TS3 Supernatural gave us several occults in one pack, so we know it can be done.

    Of first of all, calm down. People are seeing hints everywhere while most of them aren't really hints and they get angry when people disagree with them and that is *not intelligent* (to stay polite). Also, you are the only one attacking someone here. I didn't mock anyone I just disagreed with the author. If you can't understand that people can have different opinions then I can not anything for you, sorry.
    And let me reformulate my previous statement : Werewolf aren't magical users. So in my opinion, they have nothing to do in pack named "Realm of Magic".
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 419 Member
    Supernatural was an EP though, not a GP. Which is why its possible they won’t cram more than 1 occult into this GP. They couldn’t even include 1 occult in past EP beside GTW, and IP. If it’s a clue okay, but it should be in its own GP, not when one that had to do with magic(they did make puns based of magic)
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,724 Member
    edited June 18
    I think there is a possibility of werewolves—but in another pack.

    For this realm one, I feel like it’s going to be witches (or a general magic-user).

    I would like it if they added fairies with the witches, even if it’s more of an aesthetic appearance thing. I would like a way to customize magic users to become more fairy like with functional, flapping wings, elfin ears, and outfits.
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 55 Member
    I honestly thought the same thing when I heard those wolves
  • Writer_InkWriter_Ink Posts: 19 Member
    Werewolves, Zombies, Sasquatch, and other mythical creature would be great a expansion pack.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited June 19
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    @Drago97232 "werewolves aren't related to magic" has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. They are magical, fantasy creatures. Exactly how would you explain people transforming into wolves as "non-magical"? Show me the science please lmao

    ignore the dissenters OP, for some reason they like to mock and attack people who talk about hints. I haven't heard any wolves howling yet but I know that they leave hints for us all the time, so it very well could be. I've always seen the statue of the werewolf and the statue of the kneeling fairy as hints to future occults. In Pets, there was a mermaid sculpture or drawing in one of the Brindleton Bay lots.

    The fact that the next GP is called "Magical Realm" makes me think that there may be more than one occult. Witches will obviously be the main one, but we may also get Werewolves, Fairies, or something new like Elves. TS3 Supernatural gave us several occults in one pack, so we know it can be done.

    Of first of all, calm down. People are seeing hints everywhere while most of them aren't really hints and they get angry when people disagree with them and that is *not intelligent* (to stay polite). Also, you are the only one attacking someone here. I didn't mock anyone I just disagreed with the author. If you can't understand that people can have different opinions then I can not anything for you, sorry.
    And let me reformulate my previous statement : Werewolf aren't magical users. So in my opinion, they have nothing to do in pack named "Realm of Magic".

    first of all, don't tell me to "calm down" when i was being perfectly civil. you're entitled to your wrong opinions and others are entitled to call them out. thats the internet, get used to it and stop trying to tell people to stop looking for hints. the hints have been proven right time and time again.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 100 Member
    Expansion packs will usually drop hints as to the next expansion pack. Even if game packs were dropping hints (smaller packs have been less likely to), there've been several GPs since Vampires came out. Any hints are now quite old, and there's no reason to believe that werewolves are right around the corner.

    I'd be happy if Realm of Magic wound up giving us both witch magic and fairy magic, but that's because it's easy to get both from the same basic source. Have a sparkle animation for your spells. By changing its color and deciding if the wearer has wings or a funny hat, you can have the same effect look like it's coming from a different theme. Minor cosmetic changes like that are the most I expect them to ever fit more than one occult into a pack, though.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 284 Member
    The main reason I want werewolves is because it would probably come with a body hair patch. But I cant see them being in realm of magic.

    I think most occults will be coming in larger packs like mermaids in Island Living and aliens in Get to Work.
  • CanoroCanoro Posts: 6 New Member
    people that say that because werewolves are great creatures they shouldn't be included with other magical creatures are like saying:

    "because Summer is my favorite season, it should have its own pack, instead of being crammed in a Seasons pack"

    they would do fine coming together with other magical creatures.
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,724 Member
    edited June 19
    I'd be happy if Realm of Magic wound up giving us both witch magic and fairy magic, but that's because it's easy to get both from the same basic source. Have a sparkle animation for your spells. By changing its color and deciding if the wearer has wings or a funny hat, you can have the same effect look like it's coming from a different theme. Minor cosmetic changes like that are the most I expect them to ever fit more than one occult into a pack, though.

    Yeah, this is what I’m hoping for. I would like to have some fairies soon! 🤗(But I’m fine waiting for them.)

    Werewolves feel like they would take more work, unless they reuse and remake one of the dog breeds to look more wolf-like. Not sure if they would do an in-between transformation form or not.

    I don’t think werewolves would be in Realm of Magic, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they were. (I like werewolves and animal shapeshifters, too.)
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,123 Member
    They might be a hint of real wolves, you never know with Magical Realm coming. Remember Red Riding Hood and her "grandmother" "What big teeth you have grandmother." Joking of course! :D >:) ?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top