The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    8 minutes!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cute trailer :D I just wish we knew how big that world was.

OMG WE ARE GETTING WITCHES.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,139 Member
    AAAAAAAA IM SO EXCITED AND MY WALLET IS GONNA CRY THIS YEAR
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Amazing Sims at I Play! Loved everything -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    Omg so much new stuff, loved the stream! CANNOT WAIT FOR WITCHES AND MERMAIDS
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    edited June 2019
    IS THAT A FLOATIE ??
    One more

KOpknL4.png

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I so hope the moon that was shining as she went into the water to turn into a mermaid, really will be there! That was beautiful! I think they did a fantastic job making it look and feel like an Island! So very pretty
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I'm curious if we are likely to see firemen in a future update. At one point Graham said that the neighbours in Sulani can help put out a fire on your lot of one breaks out because they're a friendly community, but it makes me wonder that if they've added the ability for neighbours to do so if there is scope for other Sims to do that too and if so why not dress them up in special uniforms and create a new service? Just a small thing I picked up on
  • Options
    Zoedeli1Zoedeli1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the look of the pack! But there is one thing I am curious about. It is a residential world, which I like! But won't there be any rental lots at all. So we have a real summer holiday spot for the first time, but sims cannot go on vacation there? What do you guys think? :)
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Zoedeli1 wrote: »
    I love the look of the pack! But there is one thing I am curious about. It is a residential world, which I like! But won't there be any rental lots at all. So we have a real summer holiday spot for the first time, but sims cannot go on vacation there? What do you guys think? :)

It would be cool if there was an area of the world for vacations.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I'm curious if we are likely to see firemen in a future update. At one point Graham said that the neighbours in Sulani can help put out a fire on your lot of one breaks out because they're a friendly community, but it makes me wonder that if they've added the ability for neighbours to do so if there is scope for other Sims to do that too and if so why not dress them up in special uniforms and create a new service? Just a small thing I picked up on

I doubt firemen will be a part of this pack. In Jungle Adventure, the natives live in the area (but we can't visit them) so I imagine the island natives are similar. You will see them milling around the public areas but not at home. So, if there is a fire, I imagine that they could show up to help out.
  • Options
    Zoedeli1Zoedeli1 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simplyobsessed said:
    > Zoedeli1 wrote: »
    >
    > I love the look of the pack! But there is one thing I am curious about. It is a residential world, which I like! But won't there be any rental lots at all. So we have a real summer holiday spot for the first time, but sims cannot go on vacation there? What do you guys think? :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It would be cool if there was an area of the world for vacations.

That would be the perfect combination!
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member

I was a little nervous given no information about hotels. I like to play realistically in that sims don’t just go to another world for a few hours (it would take time to fly from brindleton bay all the way to del sol valley!). I’d still really like the ability to create hotels in the future, so every world could be a vacation.

We can however create our own hotels using different lot types though for our sims who don’t want to live on the island full time. Just have your sim take vacations days from their job and use a generic or bar lot type to build a hotel. Can even use cheats to remove funds for travel expenses 🙂
  • Options
    okay so there will be mermaid powers that much is confimed now I STILL NEED TO KNOW DOES THIS INCLUDE SIREN POWERS
  • Options
    they said so little about mermaids at least they confirmed it is actual lifestate and not random npc and u can make em in cas and i should be happy with that
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    okay so there will be mermaid powers that much is confimed now I STILL NEED TO KNOW DOES THIS INCLUDE SIREN POWERS

Well Technically a Siren is a type of sea hag that just makes herself look like a mermaid - but isn't. At least in lore anyway - lol They simply want to lure sailors to their death according to lore as they despise humans. They are pure evil and look horrible. I would never want a Siren in my play of Sims anyway. Sea Hags are tricky - glad they are just lore - or are they?

Sea Witches also were said to be Sirens in some lore but they were dark mermaids - children of the Greek Gods or so some myths say.

It might be interesting if they do have those kind of powers -lol.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I was a little nervous given no information about hotels. I like to play realistically in that sims don’t just go to another world for a few hours (it would take time to fly from brindleton bay all the way to del sol valley!). I’d still really like the ability to create hotels in the future, so every world could be a vacation.

We can however create our own hotels using different lot types though for our sims who don’t want to live on the island full time. Just have your sim take vacations days from their job and use a generic or bar lot type to build a hotel. Can even use cheats to remove funds for travel expenses 🙂

I've built hotels using a restaurant lot type. You can sleep in a room and eat at the restaurant. I'm also planning to build a vacay home on a generic lot (other sims avoid generic lots)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    That was a lot of information at EA Play. Volcano that errutps! love that. >:) Sims living near it may regret it. :D

Trash on the island, loved that >:) Cleaning it up will make it grow more lush etc. Nice idea, but not sure I want to clean it up. >:)

Spirits who will do things to Sims who don't take care of the island...O.K... show me. >:)

Liked they are Finally adding lounge chairs, swimming in oceans, and jetski (they call it something else) and canoes. It's about dang time!!! :p

Didn't care for the tourist looking, flower pattern, colorful clothes. Would natives of a place really dress as tourists who run off to an island and buy those tourist trap clothes? I don't know about that.

The part time careers or ways to earn money seemed interesting, maybe.

Mermaids I can live without but would like to know their powers..are they as good as vamp powers?

And the number one question on everyone's mind, How big is the world and how many lots? They didn't mention it.

One more thing I'm not sure about..friendly neighbors who will help your Sim do things and may rush in to put out a fire? or help you clean up island etc. I don't know about that, neighbors in TS4 are pretty darn annoying. It's a bit too friendly already.

• Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I've built hotels using a restaurant lot type. You can sleep in a room and eat at the restaurant. I'm also planning to build a vacay home on a generic lot (other sims avoid generic lots)

Restaurant is a good idea, too! You could always mark your vacation home as a retail lot and purchase it that way, as well. I would imagine if you never open the retail “store”, townies should avoid it, right?

The lack of hotels really don’t seem that big of an issue once you realize all the ways we can work around it. Other than players who want to manage and run it as a business, hopefully they’ll get that ability someday.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well Technically a Siren is a sea hag that just makes herself look like a mermaid - but isn't. At least in lore anyway - lol They simply want to lure sailors to their death according to lore as they despise humans. They are pure evil and look horrible. I would never want a Siren in my play of Sims anyway. Sea Hags are tricky - glad they are just lore - or are they?

I WANT TO DRAG NPCS TO DEATH that is whole purpose of 90% of my sims games id be very interested in being creepy sea hag
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Restaurant is a good idea, too! You could always mark your vacation home as a retail lot and purchase it that way, as well. I would imagine if you never open the retail “store”, townies should avoid it, right?

The lack of hotels really don’t seem that big of an issue once you realize all the ways we can work around it. Other than players who want to manage and run it as a business, hopefully they’ll get that ability someday.

I have been thinking about giving my richest sims a generic home in all the main worlds. I'll start with the island first.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    My biggest question. If I don't want to have my sims live there, only vacation, is that an option? Also, will ALL water be unlocked or just island water?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well Technically a Siren is a sea hag that just makes herself look like a mermaid - but isn't. At least in lore anyway - lol They simply want to lure sailors to their death according to lore as they despise humans. They are pure evil and look horrible. I would never want a Siren in my play of Sims anyway. Sea Hags are tricky - glad they are just lore - or are they?

I WANT TO DRAG NPCS TO DEATH that is whole purpose of 90% of my sims games id be very interested in being creepy sea hag

LOL.

Technically I'm actually with you on this. Right now all ideas sound cool and being in the game offers tons of options and fun for everyone. I truly wouldn't say no to anything to be honest. It's great if finally everyone finds their fun in this game - after all it's the Sims.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    > @GoldenBuffy said:
    > My biggest question. If I don't want to have my sims live there, only vacation, is that an option? Also, will ALL water be unlocked or just island water?

I guess that's a good question. I feel like only the island water will be unlocked. The only way around it is if they release a patch so it unlocks all the water, and that way you don't need to own Island Living to swim in the other worlds that have sea water
  • Options
    My biggest question. If I don't want to have my sims live there, only vacation, is that an option? Also, will ALL water be unlocked or just island water?

It's not a vacation world like OR or JA but you could create a version of a hotel or motel and send your sims there for a few days.

I doubt if other waterways will be swimmable.