The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,139 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I just hope they fix the performance before releasing this. Sims rubberbanding, Simulation Lag, crashing in first person switch, random lag in CAS/Build Mode (to fix just open the options menu and close it works most of the time), saves that are longer than 12 hours of play time don't slow down, etc.

Unless I'm just cursed, to which is probably the real deal here. Sims 4 just doesn't play well on my end after all these years. I did a fresh install too, deleted the cache file, and use little to no script mods outside MCCC for quality of life purposes (mostly to stop Sims from doing annoying autonomous actions really).

Either way I'll look into it, may preorder but first need to see some stuff later today at EA Play. Then decide what to use my money on this month. Fishing trip or Sims 4....fishing trip or Sims 4.....fishing.....trip....or Sims....4?

fishing trip IN sims 4
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    looks awesome
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    when's the livestream? What time and timezone? I don't live in the US so I hope it's not at an inconvenient time. I also wanna go into work today to do a little something.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I want my dogs to be able to swim too.

Yes to this!
  • Options
    Holiday wrote: »
    Anyone else feel kinda bad that all this has been posted? Like we waited this long, we only had another ~24 hours to wait. I know the content was available on Origin and anyone could have gotten to it if they knew where to look but the team must have been so excited to share it all tomorrow and someone has kinda ruined that. I know we'll all still be tuning into the stream and sharing the excitement and there will probably be more to share but things like dolphins and jet-skis I was not expecting and would have been a massive surprise tomorrow when watching!

To be honest, the leaks didn't spoil it for me at all! I'm actually excited about it now and I'll be watching the EA Play event tomorrow for TS4!

Yeah, me too. I want to know more now. I want to watch the trailer. 4 or 5 pictures aren't enough anymore :)
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Mermaids? Check. Swimming and snorkeling? Check. The ability to learn about local culture? Check. Lifeguard career? Check. Tanning? Seems likely. Sand castle building? Check. Luaus? Well, we have a barbecue event, so maybe. The only big-big things I'm missing are surfing and surfing competitions.

It even has some stuff I didn't know I wanted, like canoes, floaters and jet skis. The part about conservation and environmentalism causing an impact over the island sounds especially awesome. Hopefully that's not flavor text, and we can actually create a visible change. Double-hope that we can also litter and totally ruin the island's ecosystem, too.

They could easily mess this up (like making mermaids NPC-only), but this pack is looking great so far. Many of my biggest wished look like they've been answered, there's a lot of content, and even the CAS items look great.

Dynamic world is definitely possible after StrangerVille.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain? I don't own Strangerville. How Dynamic is the world there?
  • Options
    Zussage wrote: »
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    They finally figured out lounge chairs. I'm excited for this one. I was kinda hoping it would be a vacation island but it's fine I'll make it work.

Can we take a moment to stop and appreciate how many people will buy this EP for the lounge chairs alone?

Haha true! And the floaters. I can just imagine my next pool party :lol:
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    One more

KOpknL4.png

Anyone noticed the guy having sunburnt on the right?

Yes, it's been announced that sunburns will be a feature. :)

I wonder if there Will be sunscreen to avoid it haha. Or if it'll affect sims in other worlds in the summer?

I hope it does. That, the floaters, the laying chairs... this kind of stuff should be used in other worlds. I want that for pool parties and for daily relaxing.
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    i think its legit i just do not think its legit for them to be talking about it. i think they are at risk of getting sued if i was ea i would sue them.

Apparently it is legitimate according to a Tweet I read as it is taken from Origin but if the leaker is a game-changer as I was told he was hasn't he violated his non-disclosure agreement? The only reason I can think of is that it was deliberate, otherwise.

Maybe it was deliberated. I have to admit that now I can't skip eaplay later. If we took so much info from 4 pics I can only imagine what little details we'll be able to see in the trailer.
  • Options
    netney52 wrote: »
    This pack sounds so amazing it has more in it then I thought it would. I'm really intrigued with the conservationist part and I love that it appears dolphins are in it.

I love ecology and this is something that I wasn't expecting. I'm super happy with this. I don't need to wait until later to know that I'll be pre ordering the Pack from the first minute it's available.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    when's the livestream? What time and timezone? I don't live in the US so I hope it's not at an inconvenient time. I also wanna go into work today to do a little something.

I'd like to know the time equivalents too, cos I'm from the UK.

Is it just me or does the dolphin pic look fake?

I am really excited about canoes, being a canoe lover, but I hope they mean real canoes (Canadian) rather than some other boat that they are just calling canoes. I'd be well and truly in heaven if they gave us proper kayaks as well.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2019

The stream starts at 12pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) for the Sims 4. I live in the UK so I just did a quick Google search to convert the time zones - so it starts at 8pm here in the UK.

They also have a discussion where you'll be able to watch the stream. You can find it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959817/the-sims-4-at-ea-play#latest

Hope this helps!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    If we have lounge chairs, I hope we're also finally getting bunk beds.

I think bunk beds will come with University.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Seems cool. Not hard to make a decent pack when you copy almost everything from a Sims 3 expansion. Not seeing any big features, mostly just “gameplay” so hopefully they have more to show or it will be a sale purchase for me.

I find it exciting anyway specially because of the ecological stuff that it seems that will be featured. But you're right. I expected for some kind of system that would cross all worlds. Like groups in GT or retail in GW or weather in S or fame in GF. Even pets that you can own in any world. Besides of City Living, all expansions have their biggest features crossing worlds. In CL it was a bummer, Imo, that we can't place an apartment building in other worlds...
    So yeah, I was expecting something like that, but... I'm happy enough to keep my collection going and buy the Pack.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What's a luau?

A luau is a Hawaiian in-ground pig roasting on coals covered in big leaves. Usually, there is island entertainment.

I wonder if we can hire or work as lifeguards at public pools.

Another cool stuff that could cross worlds! :smile:
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,846 Member
    I'll wait for Lindsay's second presentation (University GP?).
    The water activities look great (esp. snorkeling) and new careers are always welcome. However, I'll wait until this EP goes on sale as it is not on top of my personal wishlist.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Wow, this pack looks great! I'm so happy for TS4 simmers finally getting an EP that looks like it has so much stuff in it!!!

I mean did you see??? I saw:
    • WATER TRANSPORTATION!
    • BUILDING SANDCASTLES!
    • SUNTANNING!
    • LOUNGE CHAIRS!
    • FLOATING LOUNGE CHAIRS!
    • NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEA-LIFE: DOLPHINS!
    • RESORT/HOTEL! (well, it looks like it to me - not sure though)
    • SCUBA DIVING!
    • MERMAIDS!
    • SOUVINIR STORE!

I'm wondering now what career it will have? But really, I'm just so happy that the devs put so much in this pack! It makes me have a little more faith in them! If they do a great job on this one, then they might do a great job on the Uni pack and Supernatural pack as well! And then ultimately TS5 too!!!!

I didnt see a souvineer store. I did see a bar.

But we could build a souvenir store, selling shells and stuff from the island :) how cool.!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ...huh.

Not what I would have preferred, but looks like a ton of fun stuff! I wonder what's up with the cabbage-looking thing in the third pic, or if it's something obvious that I'm missing because I have a bad case of Friday brain today?

I believe it's a luau pit for cooking barbeque or roasting other foods.

Okay, the pack has the one thing necessary to all Sims packs - a new way for your Sims to set themselves on fire.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I love beaches and sea and I'm glad to see this pack, new life state too. Much better than university imo, I prefer having fun to studying. :D Dolphins :o
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I hope that there's scuba diving. So far, I've only seen snorkeling. However, I'm beyond ready for beaches and the oceans to be functional!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I hope that there's scuba diving. So far, I've only seen snorkeling. However, I'm beyond ready for beaches and the oceans to be functional!

The description says there's a fishing/diving career, so that seems more than snorkeling.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Mermaids? Check. Swimming and snorkeling? Check. The ability to learn about local culture? Check. Lifeguard career? Check. Tanning? Seems likely. Sand castle building? Check. Luaus? Well, we have a barbecue event, so maybe. The only big-big things I'm missing are surfing and surfing competitions.

It even has some stuff I didn't know I wanted, like canoes, floaters and jet skis. The part about conservation and environmentalism causing an impact over the island sounds especially awesome. Hopefully that's not flavor text, and we can actually create a visible change. Double-hope that we can also litter and totally ruin the island's ecosystem, too.

They could easily mess this up (like making mermaids NPC-only), but this pack is looking great so far. Many of my biggest wished look like they've been answered, there's a lot of content, and even the CAS items look great.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain? I don't own Strangerville. How Dynamic is the world there?

Strangerville has small changes across the world as you progress through the story. You see those weird plants everywhere and the ambience of the world changes too. Once you finish the story, it goes back to normal. I can see the same happening with the island, instead of the plants overwhelming the world, it will be trash. I sure hope this will only happen if you take the job of cleaning the island or something, otherwise I can see this becoming annoying, having the beaches with trash all the time because no one besides my sims will clean it...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    From what I can see on Twitter some of the Gurus are enjoying the hype after the leak.

I've checked SimGuruLyndsay's Youtube link and on Youtube it says the stream starts for me, in the UK in Seven Hours from posting this!!
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

Strangerville has small changes across the world as you progress through the story. You see those weird plants everywhere and the ambience of the world changes too. Once you finish the story, it goes back to normal. I can see the same happening with the island, instead of the plants overwhelming the world, it will be trash. I sure hope this will only happen if you take the job of cleaning the island or something, otherwise I can see this becoming annoying, having the beaches with trash all the time because no one besides my sims will clean it...

OH OK. Yeah, I agree with you. I hope they've found a different way around. I love the idea, but it shouldn't be annoying.
  • Options
    From what I can see on Twitter some of the Gurus are enjoying the hype after the leak.

I've checked SimGuruLyndsay's Youtube link and on Youtube it says the stream starts for me, in the UK in Seven Hours from posting this!!

@Simburian can you share some of their posts here? :smile: