Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4's Underrated Features.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Simmz wrote: »
    • I love that we can adopt two (or more?) pets at the same time.
    • Sims feel the effects of caffeine longer and their mood doesn't drastically change after it wears off.
    • That park in San Myshuno and the Von Haunt Estate. I'm still impressed by the amount of detail and the landscaping on those two lots! <3
    • Being able to choose what powers our vampires have and having them actually turn into a bat for a split second.

@Simmz I do enjoy vampire more in this iteration, though satisfying thirst is a bit of a drain on my enjoyment. Yet, I don't begrudge it too much, because it's how I've always wanted vampires to be.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This is probably an unpopular view point, because it means no color wheel, but I love that they've taken CAS parts back to a more Sims 2 style so that I can easily create custom content for my own sims. I loved to do it in Sims 2 and love to do it again in Sims 4. Sadly, I am not technically savvy enough to manage it in the Sims 3 so for that I am so very happy.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm a family player myself and I can totally relate to your thoughts and feelings concerning my Sims' needs. In The Sims 2 especially, caring for toddlers, while also trying to get closer to a promotion at work and trying to take part in various social activities, became too much to handle in multiple occasions. And there were many times when I felt underwhelmed and somewhat annoyed with the needs bar. I feel very differently when it comes to The Sims 4. As you said, I can enjoy many aspects of the game without focusing on their needs for a long period of time.

Other underestimated features that I honestly think they deserve more love:
    - We can make Aliens in CAS
    - Pregnancy: not different stages, but a gradual growth of the baby bump (and no maternity clothes, the FREEDOM!!!)
    - In Build Mode, expanding rooms or walls with just a quick dragging (and everything in the room goes along!)
    - Various recipes of food and more details in graphics when it comes to them
    - Traveling from world to world
    - All Sims can live in all worlds (you don't have to save them and stuff)
    - Favorite Households (the ability to exclude your Sims from the culling system)
    - Toddlers! (Far better than any other generation of The Sims)
    - The Emotion System makes the Sims look more realistic (the ones in TS3 looked like robots to me, sorry)
    - Switching between Aspirations without losing progress in any of them (a VERY useful feature)

All in all, I know that The Sims 4 has got various faults and I alternate between playing TS2, TS3 and TS4, but I love The Sims 4 for the good graphics and some options that we didn't have in the past. I can connect to my TS4 Sims more than what I felt for my TS3 ones. I'm very optimistic for the upcoming EP and I really liked the Cats and Dogs EP. (Yes, I love TS2 gameplay so much, too, no doubt there.) :D

I like that my teens can live on their own and I love travelling world to world too. I love build mode too. We can also make Vampires in CAS.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    First of all, this thread has been so enjoyable to read. It's a really slow day at work, but going through all of your posts has made me really excited to go home and check out some features I haven't really appreciated/didn't even know existed (which is especially great because I've been dreading going back to the game knowing seasons is just around the corner and I won't be able to get it for a while.)

Secondly, something I really appreciate is the way that time doesn't stop when you leave your home lot. While sims 2 is probably my favorite game in the series, I find it really hard to go back to because of little features like this. I love the fact that I can take a sim out all day and when I bring them home with low energy at 9 or 10, I can put them right to sleep like normal.
    Siladria wrote: »
    The weight gain - I actually love this. I've tweaked it in my game with mods to keep it more realistic, but I love that my junk-loving sims will get bigger, and that sims who work out become more muscular. I even love that teens are slimmer on the whole and will lose weight quickly (I was like that as a teen.)

This is something I noticed in my most recent save! I just started a legacy and put my sim in the culinary career. Over time, while trying to complete the daily tasks of making food and trying to improve his cooking skill level, he's gradually gained quite a bit of weight from eating his creations. I'm currently in the process of getting him into fitness to work it off, but I love that realism!!