Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New pack

Do you think there will be beaches vacations too?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do you think there will be beaches vacations too?

If you're asking if beaches are a part of the upcoming GP, IMO, no. If you're asking if beaches will be in any future pack, I hope so.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    If not then I sure will not buy that pack. I was hoping for vacations :(
  • Options
    MsLadii15MsLadii15 Posts: 6 New Member
    There should beaches in vacation pack. In my opinion, that wouldn't make since to make a Sims vacation packages with out having a beach. I feel like that should be included along with other activities.
  • Options
    MsLadii15 wrote: »
    There should beaches in vacation pack. In my opinion, that wouldn't make since to make a Sims vacation packages with out having a beach. I feel like that should be included along with other activities.

What if it's not a beach vacation? You wouldn't find a beach in the mountains at a ski resort.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've been wanting beach vacations too, but it doesn't look like the next one is going to be that. I can wait, though. I mean, it took YEARS for Sims 3 beaches to be swimmable, which was weird when all you could do was fish in them.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

What if it's not a beach vacation? You wouldn't find a beach in the mountains at a ski resort.

I remember that in the sims 3 (or 2), when Adventure pack out, there were few destinations, and beach too. So you can choose vacation by your preference, if you like mummies then you go Egypt for discovering, if beach - then island. Because if there will be only caves and mummies it will be soon not interesting, but beaches... you never tired of them :))
  • Options
    S2 and S3 were setup differently.

S2 was more of a vacation at a hotel or rented house and there were places to go and things to learn, dances, handshakes, etc. You could also take a rabbit hole tour with consequences. You could also try to find the special NPC sim in each world.

S3 was more adventure. Your sim stayed at a hostel shared by all and could do "tasks" for locals and visit the market place to buy things or learn new recipes. There were skills to be learned like photography and nectar making. You could also do deeper tomb/cave adventures with puzzles and traps.

S4, however, will be a GP. It will have one world to visit whereas S2 and S3 had three each to visit. I hope it will be the best parts of both S2 and S3, vacation and adventure and you can choose which your sim will do or any combination of the two. You should be able to take your whole household or go alone and both ways would be fun. I hope there are locals to meet and things to learn and places to explore and treasures to find. I hope there are rewards for making the correct decision and consequences for making the wrong ones.

The one thing I am confident about is that the world will look spectacular as all, IMO, have to date.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am one of the few who does not care for beach vacations. They bore me quickly. I hope the new pack is all about danger and exploration!
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am one of the few who does not care for beach vacations. They bore me quickly. I hope the new pack is all about danger and exploration!

Yes, exactly, people have different tastes, I like beaches and beach hotels and you don't. And, in my opinion, the pack must be for different, and beaches and adventure place, if you don't like beaches - don't go, I don't like Egypt mummies - I don't go. So both win :)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I want both, adventure vacations and relaxing vacations (at the beach). But I am not sure I necessarily want them in one GP. I really like the GPs so far but that is because they focus on one thing and do that extremely well. Wheras Expansions are constantly being criticised for trying too much and doing little of it right. The few seconds in the Quarterly Teaser would strongly suggest this pack is adventure oriented and I hope this is all it focuses on. And that relaxing vacations get a pack of their own.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    OR is a relaxing camping vacation and people are bored with it because there is nothing else to do. IMO, a beach vacation would be the same way. Your sim can only swim and comb the beach for so long before you get bored because there is no excitement. I don't know why people seem to think that a beach version of OR will super exciting when it will be exactly the same but at a beach instead of in the woods.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am certainly not one of the people who think it will be "super exciting", but I do expect to have more fun watching my sims swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, searching for sea shells, playing beach volley ball, ordering exotic cocktails from a lounge chair etc - all of which I would expect from a full-blown vacation GP - than, let's say, doing laundry.
    Personally I am happy with adventure for now but I am also looking forward to other vacation options.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Yes, exactly, people have different tastes, I like beaches and beach hotels and you don't. And, in my opinion, the pack must be for different, and beaches and adventure place, if you don't like beaches - don't go, I don't like Egypt mummies - I don't go. So both win :)

Agreed. Everyone has different tastes. I think Sim fans are the most eclectic group of gamers out there! What other game can have alien abductions and laundry get the same amount of excitement? This is the only game that has held my attention for literally thousands and thousands of hours since 2003 and I don't plan on quitting. I buy every pack for 4 and that's the only game that I have done so for. I really enjoy this game!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm looking forward to this adventurous GP but I'd still like to see a relaxing tropical locale with a swimmable beach at some point.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm looking forward to this adventurous GP but I'd still like to see a relaxing tropical locale with a swimmable beach at some point.

surfing and sharks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    The description sounds fun but unfortunately I'm sure they'll find a way to make it disappointing somehow. Just sounds like way too much to put in one GP, unless this time its going to be bigger than ever before.

Pretty sure they'll make the mistake they made in Get to Work, aka they'll shovel in a lot of things for it to look impressive but won't flesh out any of the features.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    The description sounds fun but unfortunately I'm sure they'll find a way to make it disappointing somehow. Just sounds like way too much to put in one GP, unless this time its going to be bigger than ever before.

Pretty sure they'll make the mistake they made in Get to Work, aka they'll shovel in a lot of things for it to look impressive but won't flesh out any of the features.

Based on the (leaked) description, an automated, randomized system might help the world feel bigger. Some games design systems to randomize areas to explore in order to pad for content. I think Sims 4 could definitely use such a thing with this kind of pack both because World Adventure's biggest flaw was that exploration got dull if you've already explored a location before, and likewise I don't think this game has the budget to create tons of unique locations.

My concern currently is that the same leaked description only seems to allude to a cash reward for participating in the pack's content. Cash for your Sims would be a really lame, boring reward. I mean why bother risking your neck if you can just paint or write books and make thousands? A great exploration without motivation to explore will still disappoint, so hopefully they've thought up some unique rewards for participating in the GP.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

surfing and sharks

Sharks aren't relaxing. LOL!
  • Options

Based on the (leaked) description, an automated, randomized system might help the world feel bigger. Some games design systems to randomize areas to explore in order to pad for content. I think Sims 4 could definitely use such a thing with this kind of pack both because World Adventure's biggest flaw was that exploration got dull if you've already explored a location before, and likewise I don't think this game has the budget to create tons of unique locations.

My concern currently is that the same leaked description only seems to allude to a cash reward for participating in the pack's content. Cash for your Sims would be a really lame, boring reward. I mean why bother risking your neck if you can just paint or write books and make thousands? A great exploration without motivation to explore will still disappoint, so hopefully they've thought up some unique rewards for participating in the GP.

It says "priceless relics and treasures". I'm sure there will be money (or ancient coins), but it sounds like there will be objects. There may be a new collection or two. If there are, my sim will donate those to the local museum.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2018

It says "priceless relics and treasures". I'm sure there will be money (or ancient coins), but it sounds like there will be objects. There may be a new collection or two. If there are, my sim will donate those to the local museum.

I don't want objects though, I want meaningful rewards.

As I said, this pack concept shows promise because it revolves around gameplay. You actively do something (as opposed to watching your Sim cook poptarts while texting on their phone while you fall asleep at your chair because the Sims team only "improved" the game by offering new phone skins for your Sim's phone) with a clear goal, failure states (death) and rewards. If death is the risk though and the reward is just money or shiny chairs, I think it'll just be a promising system with disappointing execution. Why bother risking death for some money when I can get money from painting...?

Sims need to feel unique. What helps make them feel unique is if, for example, a Sim that successfully explores a large temple to completion gets some form of new trait that allows them to turn other Sims into walking skeletons. (pure example) This makes that sim unique in some way because they can now do something others can't, and it plays into storytelling because that Sim is now unique and can affect other Sim's stories with their unique persona/abilities.

A shiny new chair? That just sits there being boring.

We need motivation to play the GP. Both the journey itself and the destination need to be fun experiences. If the journey is nice but the destination is dull and boring, then it just leaves a lingering feeling of disappointment, knowing you're exploring "just because" and that nothing really matters anyways.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Well, if the skeleton is a curse, maybe it was a curse by a local that we can learn to do, too.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I am certainly not one of the people who think it will be "super exciting", but I do expect to have more fun watching my sims swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, searching for sea shells, playing beach volley ball, ordering exotic cocktails from a lounge chair etc - all of which I would expect from a full-blown vacation GP - than, let's say, doing laundry.
    Personally I am happy with adventure for now but I am also looking forward to other vacation options.

This is exactly this. Relaxing is not boring like camping.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I just hope my sim can catch and bring home spiders.

Oh and I hope we can bring our dogs hiking with us.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

I remember that in the sims 3 (or 2), when Adventure pack out, there were few destinations, and beach too. So you can choose vacation by your preference, if you like mummies then you go Egypt for discovering, if beach - then island. Because if there will be only caves and mummies it will be soon not interesting, but beaches... you never tired of them :))

Was there beaches in WA worlds? I doubt so.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't want to see beaches or snow destinations until we get seasons. The last thing I want them to do is give us a cheap knock off of seasons. I am hopeful for this game pack if the danger is real.