Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like Resorts Back?

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
Remember in Sims 3 Paradise Island you had beaches, boats, snorkling, scuba diving, lifeguard active career, houseboats, and especially resorts. Knowing The Sims 4 isn't going to offer depth and loads of content in its DLC (they prefer to separate it into several DLCs to make more money). I ask you just about this one feature from Paradise Island; resorts. You bought it, built it, and ran it. Making gyms, buffets, VIP rooms, wedding areas, etc. while looking at reviews to see what people had to say. I loved it. Management is great (just not in Get To Work's retail system)!

So anyways....would you like them to return? Are you more of a just place them and enjoy or run them yourself type of Simmer?
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Would You Like Resorts Back? 141 votes

Yes but I just play with them
39%
icmnfrshclaudiamarie1964djacquelynstewalan650111xbecky685xMLadyAzzeraWritin_RegChangkraKartaiDJQ1308joshuasimcatloverplayerKiaraSims4ModsdetermigJennyggCinders27bcwhite27Zenzikaiheartsimsforevethe_greenplumbob 56 votes
No I do not like them but wouldn't mind it if they did bring them back
4%
SimsprocfunNeonHighwaysGeckogameslazyjuniperLiaRose1435cedesdcBrindleton 7 votes
Yes and I run them
49%
Jasealexspoom13aprilroseHowGreatThouArtbandcampsquirrelSerenityRulessimgirl1010ANNETTE1951Dree323PlayerEmoFlowersValleke5400drake_mccartyg01denswanalanmichael1TijsChanty25emperorq52taydevMamajanaynay12JEREMIA 70 votes
No I do not like them and never want them to return
5%
DannydanboLeGardePourpreAnmirlaBagoas77BluelleChadSims2Fausti78Vraie 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I miss having motel/hotels that my sims can visit and book a room. I do however think that we should be able to put a hotel or resort anywhere, and not just have a special world for it. I also think we should be able to put an apartment building anywhere.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Abstaining from voting because honestly, they were a buggy mess.

But the main reason is, I liked the concept of them, just not the execution. They were basically glorified rabbit holes with a VIP room and a community area. They really served no purpose because they were in a residential world and not a vacation one.

If they were improved upon and normal hotels, then I would absolutely love them.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

But the main reason is, I liked the concept of them, just not the execution. They were basically glorified rabbit holes with a VIP room and a community area. They really served no purpose because they were in a residential world and not a vacation one.

If they were improved upon and normal hotels, then I would absolutely love them.

Same here. I thought the resorts were okay, but what I would really love is a proper hotel system with actual rooms, a concierge, and room service. If we could get hotels back plus resort activities, I'd be glad to have them.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    I want Resorts back. I just want to play with them but of course, I want the ability to run resorts.
  • Options
    ali1123ali1123 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes and I feel they'd be way better in 4 than they were in 3 because they wouldn't be as buggy and where sims act more lifelike it would actually be a really easy to meet people who are vacationing as well!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would prefer a Bed & Breakfast that we could build, own, live in and run.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yes and I run them
    Yea i would love this! And bed and breakfasts
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yes and I run them
    I loved IP resorts. I would be happy to see them return. I made with, no CC, everything from small bed and breakfasts to cruise ships, I had a lot of fun with IP. :)

You only needed one tower/rabbit hole after that you could build as many VIP places you wanted. With that system you could basically build up any hotel you dreamed of so long as you included at least one tower. Admittedly the tower requirement was annoying, but not extremely limiting.
    I don't think that really makes it a rabbit hole. They can be a rabbit hole if the player wants to design them like that but they were not limited to be one.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Since the Sims 4 is substantially more stable than its predecessor, I'm not against the idea for it coming to the Sims 4.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Yes and I run them
    I would love the ability to own and manage a resort in Sims 4. Getting a resort to 5 stars in still on my Sims 3 to do list.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Yes and I run them
    while I'd like the ability to run hotels. I think for me it's more important that they could be place outside of a vacation world. I'd really like to place a hotel in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    No I do not like them but wouldn't mind it if they did bring them back
    It was too complicated for me, and I had no interest to really get into that gameplay anyhow haha. Honestly didn't play most of that pack except the world, and even then not that much!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My vote is no I don't want to see anymore active careers in Sims 4 they are all repetitive and just boring bring back the Sims 2 style motels with the beaches snorkeling and scuba diving with townie life guards
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Wasn't sure how to answer this.

I don't want "resorts" to return because I could never get staff to show up to use them in TS3. :s
    I would however like to see "hotels" return if we should get a sort of vacation pack.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    They'd probably get the same kind of interface used in Get to Work retail that went over to Dine Out and then over to the Veterinarian career. Not a bad thing, but ha--I can't help but foresee bugs with it, so I'm kinda iffy about it. I wouldn't mind NPC's running resorts/hotels though with being able to to still customize on the lot and the NPC's just not running one with your sim being limited with what they can do.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When you break it down, in S3, what was a resort? It was a rabbit hole tower that you had to have and IMO, they were hideous. Your didn't even stay in the tower, they stayed in a separate building or room, off by itself like a cabin in the woods (OR anyone?). There was a pool with a bunch of cool stuff like a slide, a waterfall and a swim up bar. Somewhere there was a buffet table so your sim could eat. But other than that, it was a bust. Except for the tower, you can build that now. We have a buffet table, spa stuff, café stuff, restaurant stuff and you can build separate "rooms" on lots in OR. I never want to see that tower again.

What I would like, however, is a Bed & Breakfast pack that will allow us to build our own B&B. We can add a chef's range, podium and wait staff clean up counter and they can be tweaked to work on a B&B lot type. You can already place a massage table and call for a masseuse to come and massage your sim. You can build a pool or add a hot tub for romantic couples. Bars will work anywhere.

Plus, if we can build them ourselves, then we can own them, manage them, run them, hire and fire staff and live on the lot like a home.
    This would make a much better honeymoon location than a resort, IMO.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm not voting because I did not have IP in TS3. I do like hotels, resorts and other vacation related stuff so I would probably be interested.

There's a part of me that could go in for playing with a family managing a hotel such as in Fawlty Towers. Lol. I don't tend to actually run the businesses much in this game that I am playing but I can see how I would be interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes, but only if they allow full freedom for designing from top to bottom (no forced rabbitholes.) I both play and run resorts so I couldn't vote. :/
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yes and I run them
    Yes, I loved running resorts. I designed special hotel rooms out on the water. It was great fun. I do not like rabbit hole hotel rooms though, that defeats the whole purpose. I loved the resort rooms in Sims 2 and the fact they could order room service so a combo of sims2 and sims3 island paradise would be perfect.
  • Options
    chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    Yes and I run them

this!!
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I play and run with them. But I like playing with them more.
    The resort in Sims 3 was okay. I liked running the resort more than staying in them. I liked being able to see the customer reviews and the rating of the hotel. I had the towers on the pool and outdoor casual dining side of the hotel for the spa amenities. I built the rest of the hotel and had floating rooms on or near the water. I loved the pool upgrades, like the waterfall, swim up bar, pool water type, etc.
    Personally I loved the hotels in sims 2 more. It had the option of picking the hotel room(s) you wanted to be in before the rooms got booked at check-in, in-room dining, hotel dining, spas/hot springs, going in a helicopter to go on an excursion, having the beach in the back of the hotel, etc. Bon Voyage was just one of my favorite packs in Sims 2. I loved having my sims act like tourists. The vacation spots had a bunch of activities in or out of the hotel that couldn't be done back at home, which I think is important for it to actually feel like a vacation...

Point is, if we get resorts back, it should be more like Sims 2 than 3. & I want my sims to be able to check the reviews for hotels online before booking it for their vacation/honeymoon! lol I guess the same could be said for restaurants and their reviews :D
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Yes! but this would have to created in such a way that the simmers are going to be totally WOWED! Otherwise, no need to even bring it to sims 4. I loved this in Sims 3. I didn't play in Island Paradise world because it was such a mess of routing failures, but otherwise, this was a very beautiful well made EP IMO. All of my games/saves had to have the aspects of the EP in them. Also I have owned resorts, but mainly I played. I imagine it would be the same for me now.
  • Options
    Yes, I loved running resorts. I designed special hotel rooms out on the water. It was great fun. I do not like rabbit hole hotel rooms though, that defeats the whole purpose. I loved the resort rooms in Sims 2 and the fact they could order room service so a combo of sims2 and sims3 island paradise would be perfect.

Yes I think a combination of Sims 2 with Sims 3, and throw in a few new aspects just because its Sims 4, and I think we could have one amazing EP. I mostly played the resorts, but I did build/redesign them so they would be perfect to vacation at. Also I too hated the rabbit hole rooms.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would prefer a Bed & Breakfast that we could build, own, live in and run.

Bed and breakfast is not a bad idea actually. especially if it were as you have stated here, and definitely would have to be able to place in any world. Too much of the game play being added as of late feels like it is restricted to certain worlds. I'll still never understand why I can't give family and friends keys to my Willowbrook home just because I don't live in an apartment in the city - But that's a different argument
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2018
    aws200 wrote: »
    Remember in Sims 3 Paradise Island you had beaches, boats, snorkling, scuba diving, lifeguard active career, houseboats, and especially resorts. Knowing The Sims 4 isn't going to offer depth and loads of content in its DLC (they prefer to separate it into several DLCs to make more money). I ask you just about this one feature from Paradise Island; resorts. You bought it, built it, and ran it. Making gyms, buffets, VIP rooms, wedding areas, etc. while looking at reviews to see what people had to say. I loved it. Management is great (just not in Get To Work's retail system)!

So anyways....would you like them to return? Are you more of a just place them and enjoy or run them yourself type of Simmer?

Yes. Don't know why the red square isn't showing but that's the one I voted for.