Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm sure it's going to include small animals as well. Just not horses.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Me too. They have always included small animals
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

they also always included robbers and firefighters
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Yo get your own material.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

I'm talking about the pets EP only
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

You honestly never know. There was a survey listing for a small pets GP. Now why would that be making the rounds if small pets were covered in a Pets EP? I doubt they would give small pets double coverage (an EP and a full GP) so the reality is that they very well may not be included and instead sold as a GP, which I assume is how horses will be added if they do.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You could have some small pets with limited interactions (tank pets like turtles or the current frogs), where you'd basically just do things like Watch, Clean Tank, etc., then have a Small Animals GP that would involve things like birds you can teach to talk or that fly from one place to another, hamsters where you can build elaborate habitats and watch them crawl through plastic tubes or snakes that can actually get out of their tanks and cause havoc. And you'd still have to feed and take care of them or they'd die, and there would be a chance they'd escape into the wild if you're not careful. One doesn't necessarily preclude the other.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Before jumping to conclusions and arguing with one another, we should really just wait for an official announcement.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

You honestly never know. There was a survey listing for a small pets GP. Now why would that be making the rounds if small pets were covered in a Pets EP? I doubt they would give small pets double coverage (an EP and a full GP) so the reality is that they very well may not be included and instead sold as a GP, which I assume is how horses will be added if they do.

Both are possible. I mean as @stilljustme2 said, they might have some small pets that are truly small and then try to sell us a Small Pets GP.

My bet? Look to animation work. Any small pets that might require a decent bit of animation-work, I would not expect. Any Small Pets that just require 1-2 motions, I'd say could very well be included. If you look at Sims 4 and it's history, the one consistent element is that they are very, VERY reluctant to provide new animations for us. How many socials share the same animation with "Discuss Interests" or "Deep Conversation?" How many packs have they released where it recycles one of the existing animations? The only updates we've gotten that seemed highly generous on animation work are Toddlers and Vampires; all the others were either lacking or par-for-the-course. It seems clear animation is the big issue they run into when managing the budget.

I won't be surprised if we get a Parrot you can teach to talk by spamming the "Discuss Interests" animation at it while a progress bar fills, but I WOULD be surprised if we got a snake that the sims pick up from it's habitat and let it coil around their arm or something as they look at it and interact with it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    Other than TS3 there wasn't much about small pets and a lot of it was one or two animations so I don't expect it to be any different this time. There were hamsters where you just pulled a box of food from the back pocket and fed them. No one was fussing. There were birds where you talked to them and put them in a cage. No one was fussing. And then there were cats and dogs where you taught them some commands. It was never that big of deal, only in The Sims Unleased where they had competions was it more interesting. So, I really don't expect anything amazing in this EP or GP.

ETA: I didn't expect horses in a closed world so teaching some commands to dogs and cats is not all that exciting. I do it everyday in real life.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

But it's not called "pets". It's called "cats and dogs.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017

You know there has to be a turtle or something in there somewhere. Or they just animated the frogs in game for small pets and let you feed them if you add the pack. See, killing two birds with one stone. Now your frogs can be pets!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

Don't doubt that - it happened before in Sims 2. We had a pets ep for dogs, cats, and Parrots (there were skunks, wolves, and raccoons too but they were not pets - some of the wolves could make your sim a werewolf) then the very last ep - Apt Life had small pets for apts all of which were in cages - even small dogs and cats, wombats, and more. So Sims 2 we basically had two EPS that had pets in them.With 2 years separating the normal pets from the small ones.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I do think it's a little resiculous not to have seasons in the a life simulation game I mean come on. Pets aren't necessary I suppose it's fine if they are dog though if I were to make a life sim I would put pets in base game. Other than that I really love the sims though I only really started really playing with sims 4 so I suppose it will be irritating to go to sims 5 when it has not as many options so I hope they give me a reason to buy it. (I'm still going to buy it either way XD)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I do think it's a little resiculous not to have seasons in the a life simulation game I mean come on. Pets aren't necessary I suppose it's fine if they are dog though if I were to make a life sim I would put pets in base game. Other than that I really love the sims though I only really started really playing with sims 4 so I suppose it will be irritating to go to sims 5 when it has not as many options so I hope they give me a reason to buy it. (I'm still going to buy it either way XD)

I've played Sims since I pretested the first game in 1999 - so I am used to it. I would not want to pay the price of a Sims game with all the packs already in it. It is fun to me to get it in stages - and plus you get familiar with each pack getting it a piece at a time. Sims are not like any other game so delivering it through parts at a time is part of playing the game as technically the game has no right way to play - no requirements - no battles that have to be fought - so getting it through packs and building it up is much like life - which the game is after all a game about life and endless possibilities.

In real life very few people start out on their own with everything - no we work through life and add to our possessions and such as we get more and more sucessful - well on that play on life the Sims world grows and builds a bit at a time - plus you can actually pick and choose whether or not you want to experience something offered in the game by getting the packs instead of you being forced to have everything at once.

I really have always enjoyed that aspect of the game - to see what we get next. Plus if ever I want to play a complete game - well I still have Sims 2 and Sims 3 on my pc along with the games I was playing. So if I get bored waiting for new stuff for 4 I can just go play my complete other Sims games. (But lately Sims 4 keeps me pretty much occupied the last few months - so I haven't been bored at all).

No I doubt pets will ever be a base game thing - seeing believe it or not - not everyone wants pets. So I think it is always good to offer packs also for that reason - so if someone doesn't want pets - well they don't have to have them - but if they do - then they have that option. It is the same with many things in the game - not every one like the same as everyone else. It is really the best way instead of forcing things into peoples games they don't want. Granted there is always a few that does not want the main theme but they want everything else. Not much I can say about those people. But me - I pretty much like everything. The more stuff the happier I am and buying it a pack at the time does not create financial havoc for me. Simmers have shown for 17 years that method works for us - even if a few gripe about it - it is a good formula to me.

Anyway I know I am a little late but welcome to The Sims with Sims 4 - enjoy.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2017

That's not even official lol plus even if that turns out to be true , it's probably because it's the main focus
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    The only way things change is through the power of money. Money comes through the consumer the buyer. If even one bad review brings down your sales. a smart company takes a glance at what may have gone wrong. But if you have many bad reviews, and not just reviews but low sales, that makes a change. Will Sims 4 have low sales Noway If you keep buying from a shop and your not happy with what your buy. then you're not buying for the reason of just the product.

So maybe the smart company are getting you to buy with attaching other things. Like friends and chat rooms.popularty of having all of the lines for a product. Understand not all people buy the Sims 4 to play the sims . Some buy the sims 4 just to build. and will buy new packs to add more textures hair and doors windows and such. I care much more about building in the game. But I do have many families in the game.I will buy the next game pack because I know it will be more things to build with. Will they make creators build pack? I do not think so it's not going to make much money. better to just add a little of that in each pack. I think most creators would stick to buying only building pack if had the chance. maybe some of the other because we do play as well some. But the heart of most creators is in the creating.

So find out why you buy what your complaint about. If you enjoy the community then you are buying to be in the community. Whatever your Reason, we stay. we keep buying new packs. So if enough people say, hey I don't like this, and so I will not buy it. But! if you do not buy the new pack. you will not know whats in it. rather its good or bad. So then you can not come on here and talk about it. So yes we will buy it. We do not wish to miss out.
    This is more like a company of the future. Say you have a new baby, now you can feed that baby good food a little at a time and keep that baby happy. or you can feed it lots of food all at once and make that baby fat and unhappy and soon it would be too fat to enjoy playing. we have Mirrors now do anyone even know that so cool we can see our self perfectly. If they put everything in the game you will miss most of their hard work. So they are not so bad right :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Don't doubt that - it happened before in Sims 2. We had a pets ep for dogs, cats, and Parrots (there were skunks, wolves, and raccoons too but they were not pets - some of the wolves could make your sim a werewolf) then the very last ep - Apt Life had small pets for apts all of which were in cages - even small dogs and cats, wombats, and more. So Sims 2 we basically had two EPS that had pets in them.With 2 years separating the normal pets from the small ones.

Hi @Writin_Reg, I responded to you previously about this topic I am assuming you missed it.

Pets was the only pack to add pets of any kind in Sims 2. Pets had dogs, cats, birds, rodents, and a new fish tank.

Apartment life included one 'indoor dog pen' that functioned like a baby in Sims 4 minus the dog ever growing up because it was not an actual dog. It's an object and nothing more. No other animals were included with apartment life, they were all included with Pets.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I don't believe Pets is coming out anytime soon based on false impossible info about something being in a game folder or whatever nonsence people are spreading .It's not real.I've looked in my folder there's nothing there.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited June 2017
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    I don't believe Pets is coming out anytime soon based on false impossible info about something being in a game folder or whatever nonsence people are spreading .It's not real.I've looked in my folder there's nothing there.

It's not nonsense. It's there. You can find it yourself if you extract xml files.
    You need extracted xml game files from your game folder not your documents folder.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

You'll see in a few months.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

Lol so you understand more about game files n stuff than modders? Sure xD
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

... seriously? The best modder found ir lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017

... seriously? The best modder found ir lol

She's probably looking in the folder under my documents instead of the games folders under programs where game folders go. I cannot believe the number of people who think the only folder this game puts on their pc is the My documents folders where the saves and her personal play files go. LOL.

Saying people are liars because she does not know where to look is rather rude though if you ask me.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

There is coding for dogs and cats that's been added in some of the recent patches -- mainly to spread out the updates so you don't have a giant update patch in the fall (we saw something similar in December with some of the vampire coding showing up in that month's patch). So it does look like there is a Pets pack on the horizon -- the question is the actual scope of the pack. We don't know enough about that to call it a "scam" -- it's pretty certain that we won't get horses because of the nature of the Sims worlds, but what if we got werewolves (they made the best pet trainers in Sims 2)? Or an actual veterinarian we can take our pets for treatment? Maybe the CAP (Create A Pet) system will be far more detailed so people can mix multiple breeds and get true "Heinz 57" dogs and cats? I know someone with a cat that's got the standard tabby coloring, but may have some Maine C.o.o.n. (to avoid potential censor issues) mixed in because the cat is huge and is still technically a kitten. Only when we see the extent of the pack can we judge if it fits our gameplay as individual Simmers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top