Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    @Wulfsimmer

Hmmm... I don't understand you... The Sims is like this from the beginning...

A partial game @ $60 and $40 more for a little more of gameplay. 17 years later it should not surprise you.

Other games didn't lack firefighters.

Dude, sick burn.
    tenor.gif

And no firefighters around to attend to it.

Wow, you're on fire with these roasts !

:-1:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @Wulfsimmer

Note: The Sims Unleashed was called "Dogs & Cats" in my country but the pack included other pets.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims:_Unleashed

That's interesting -- maybe it is just a translation issue then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    tumblr_o27oo2xox31qcjzvuo3_500.gif
    The-Secret-Life-Of-Pets-GIF-movie-trailers-40144097-500-266.gif

You gotta love it.
    omg drag her
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    You really can't say it's a scam yet. You have no idea of what that random site says is legit or not. Before I was trying to understand you OP, but now you are just being rude to people.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    lets just admit that basically this whole game is a scam
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I don't even get this rant. Yes, I can see people being upset cause maybe the unofficial title doesn't mention horses. But to start saying we won't get small pets , new careers and stuff like that is just way too dramatic. Let's suppose it's just cats and dogs, but assuming it's ONLY that cause of a title is just funny to me. Were you expecting a title like "Sims 4 cats, dogs, horses, lizards, birds, turtles, vets and dog lover and cat lover traits" coming soon!

Come on lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Why are you still complaining?
    Oh, yes, I see.
    This is a COMPLAINING FORUM.

At this point I would love EA to not release a Pets EP so that we all be upset and unhappy for an obvious cause, at least.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    Oh, yes, I see.

At this point I would love EA to not release a Pets EP so that we all be upset and unhappy for an obvious cause, at least.

I think we're getting dangerously close to what I recently discovered is known as "cheer pressure." Check this out:
    It's a phenomenon colloquially known as "cheer pressure" and it's rife in management in general, not just the gaming industry. Anyone with misgivings about a given business decision is criticised as having a negative attitude. As a result you see overly optimistic predictions which lead to the business chasing the reward without considering the risk. It's especially noticeable in cases such as yours, when everyone with a shred of sense can see a project is doomed but leadership refuses to listen because shut up and stop being so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 negative.

Bonus points if they later blame the failure on the naysayers for being insufficiently positive to achieve the vision.

Granted the quote refers to development itself rather than amongst fans, but I mean you're basically saying now you want this to fail or simply not be made just so we can blame those that dare complain or express they're losing faith in this EP. C'mon now...
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    @DeservedCriticism

I am just saying that this forum is all but nice and friendly, lately. It seems that is so cool to talk badly about ANYTHING.
    When there is an announcement or anything new from devs I come here to see if someone else is feeling same excitement as I am but no, I can't find it. All I find is posts about blaming about decisions and business choice, like if everybody in here as a degree in marketing or works at EA.

If you feel that something is poking you do you stay in or get out?
    If I'd feel this game is here just to robe my money I would let it go.

It's cool to have an opinion. It's good to have the right to say what you think. BUT WISELY.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member

You gotta love it.

This. Pleases me.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    @DeservedCriticism

I am just saying that this forum is all but nice and friendly, lately. It seems that is so cool to talk badly about ANYTHING.
    When there is an announcement or anything new from devs I come here to see if someone else is feeling same excitement as I am but no, I can't find it. All I find is posts about blaming about decisions and business choice, like if everybody in here as a degree in marketing or works at EA.

If you feel that something is poking you do you stay in or get out?
    If I'd feel this game is here just to robe my money I would let it go.

It's cool to have an opinion. It's good to have the right to say what you think. BUT WISELY.

Then why do you come in here?

Listen, I have no use for this thread. I don't see much to discuss beyond stating "boy, I hope they're not really plan on releasing a small pets GP like that survey suggested," but after that statement is made, nothing more can be said.

What I do know however is this very same speculation forum regularly gets threads to the tune of:

"do u guys think we'll get 14 EPs next year"
    "ya i think so too"
    "whelp that settles it 2018 is gonna be grate"

This is nothing new. Baseless claims, assumptions and rumors happen in this subforum all the time. The moment a thread has speculation in a negative direction however...? Suddenly it can't go three posts without someone trying to discourage the discussion from existing. Yes, I question the coincidence of this.

If this thread bothers you, take your own advice: ignore it. Why do you come here? That's not a statement I'd normally make, but I wish to highlight the hypocrisy where you just got done making that exact statement, yet here you are in this thread, just after you voiced annoyance with it.

Live and let live. I mean after all, the entire last page has just been complaints around the thread. If anything, you guys are sustaining it with your complaints of it's existence.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Oh, yes, I see.

Eh...I don't really care. I just want Seasons, University, & the gamepacks.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't even get this rant. Yes, I can see people being upset cause maybe the unofficial title doesn't mention horses. But to start saying we won't get small pets , new careers and stuff like that is just way too dramatic. Let's suppose it's just cats and dogs, but assuming it's ONLY that cause of a title is just funny to me. Were you expecting a title like "Sims 4 cats, dogs, horses, lizards, birds, turtles, vets and dog lover and cat lover traits" coming soon!

Come on lol

No I was expecting a general term for pets but plum me I guess.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Come on lol

No I was expecting a general term for pets but plum me I guess.

It's just a title... and not even an official one.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member

You gotta love it.

If cats and dogs can throw parties while their owners are gone I will be getting this EP. :D
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don't like cats so half the EP is already suspect lol

LOL @Chazzzy

Aww why you no like cats. They purrrrrr and get those cute beady eyes. o:)

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don't like cats so half the EP is already suspect lol

LOL @Chazzzy

Aww why you no like cats. They purrrrrr and get those cute beady eyes. o:)

Cats are sneaky. They move too fast. They jump too high. It's too much!!! Lol
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I didn't read this whole thread. You know from somebody who has complained about TS4 since before it's release, and with good reasons most of the time, I can't really defend this thread. Are you guys running out of legitimate things to argue about? Because there are still plenty of issues with TS4 however, buying DLC and EPs is not one of them by saying 'it's a scam'. Really? (Excersise self control if it is too expensive...the buck stops with you.)

You know the game crashes, it lags, it does crazy stuff, the new save options are borked, traits outside of parenthood actually still don't matter as much as the emotional buffs, so there is still plenty to say to try to get their attention to 'fix', but complaining about a rumor about a pack that may or may not be an EP or even a GP, is sort of a waste of time to read. :D

This thread is complaining about a speculation that is based on the title of rumored pack. Yes, it's getting this ridiculous.

Speculation about speculation lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    80% of the comments are discussing why Iade this thread instead of actually discussing the thread itself...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I didn't read this whole thread. You know from somebody who has complained about TS4 since before it's release, and with good reasons most of the time, I can't really defend this thread. Are you guys running out of legitimate things to argue about? Because there are still plenty of issues with TS4 however, buying DLC and EPs is not one of them by saying 'it's a scam'. Really? (Excersise self control if it is too expensive...the buck stops with you.)

You know the game crashes, it lags, it does crazy stuff, the new save options are borked, traits outside of parenthood actually still don't matter as much as the emotional buffs, so there is still plenty to say to try to get their attention to 'fix', but complaining about a rumor about a pack that may or may not be an EP or even a GP, is sort of a waste of time to read. :D

This thread is complaining about a speculation that is based on the title of rumored pack. Yes, it's getting this ridiculous.

We already went past this and I explained why I made this thread, or can you not read and just post along the lines of 'it is a new low' ridiculous' 'find something better to do'??

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top