Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what deaths do we want if Dangerous stuff wins?

Comments

• Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2017
    Just a small tip for people regarding suggestions:

Realize it's highly unlikely they'd pick a death type if it relies on content from another pack. Relying on content from another pack is both a bit more tricky technologically, plus if you bought a stuff pack promising new death types but didn't have access to half the deaths because you lack the appropriate EP/GP content, you'd be a bit miffed.

As such, it's probably more likely deaths not related to previous pack content will be included. Things like meteors being tied into Cloudgaze or illness-related deaths involving the GTW illnesses are unlikely.

eh this is a place free of judgement let people suggest what they want
    the gurus will pick off the ones that are usable
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Really like the Noble Sacrifice idea a Simmer had earlier.

I lean towards accidental deaths, but I'd like an option where your household Sims are protected. I tend to bond with the Sims I make.

This brings to my mind that I kind of miss those times where fire alarm was the essential thing to get to your home if you wanted to keep your sim alive. So while I would love the death to be random, it would be nice if there was an item that could protect you from it.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    One way of doing it would be to have a buyable reward that would make your sims invincible and immortal. I am hoping that will come sooner or later anyway, because I don't want my main sim family to die (I used to have a mod for this, but it doesn't work properly anymore, so I am currently playing with aging off). I don't mind my other minor characters dying, though.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I wanna discuss the best feature on the entire list because discussion is boss like that and helps develop ideas.

What kind of deaths would you guys like to see? Death by boredom? Death by meteor falling from the sky? Death by fly swarm? Death by walking-while-texting? Let's hear some ideas.

And what exactly do we want in terms of deaths? Are we looking for some random, possible death scenarios to potentially drop in and spice up a story? Or do we want controlled deaths that are easy to trigger, thus allowing us to murder our sims (or others?)?

1. Hit by a car.
    2. Eating poisonous plants.
    Furthermore I want a funural gathering (party) to celebrate like other parties. Keeping a proper speech to make visitors/guests listen, drink a "part from the world" special drink with toasting. Please make toasting easier.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2017
    One thing I know for sure is that I don't want a "dead by illness" don't need that kind of realism in my game thank you.
    I would love more accidental death, like from a space rock that randomly hits you, or random stuff like that.
    I would also like poisonous plants (a way to easily kill your sim). The same way Sims can die from laughter/playfulness, I would love if they could die by food overdose or something like that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    -Firstly it should be easier to kill off a Sim who is irrevocably bugged, or who you need to die for story purposes.
    -How about the ability to create ghosts in CAS like we could in Sims 3, so we could build a deeper family tree without having to kill off those extra relatives first.
    -Duelling/fighting death. Sims can fight, so why not a duel to the death (with swords, perhaps?) Which brings me to my next point...
    -Fencing skill! This is my favourite sport so it would be great to see Sims fighting with blades and perhaps occasionally one has an "accident" and kills their opponent...
    -Struck by lightning death
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Chances of death are fun when they are not expected IMO. Something like catching an electric eel and being shocked or a poisonous frog and dying could be neat. Untreated illnesses and death from heartbreak are also cool ideas. I'm not too sure what more interactions we could have with the grim reaper but everyone's ideas are really interesting. Maybe we could have "supernatural obsessed" sims that try to talk to ghosts through seances. Or maybe that's too dark for a sims game idk haha
  • Options
    Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    Death by extreme sports! It might be too much for a stuff pack but having a sim try out a sport and then accidentally dying because their skill level isn't high enough.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I played an angry sim once, could we have death by spontaneous combustion (sim gets so angry they catch on fire)?
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I played an angry sim once, could we have death by spontaneous combustion (sim gets so angry they catch on fire)?

Would add a nice comical relief back... probably like a taste from a TS2 reminder.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    I would like to see the emotion Tense could be deadly as well. Like angry it can result a heart attack.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Okay, the first thing I need to say is that I was just thinking about sim deaths and people I know that have a death wish and how cool it would be to create sims with a death wish.

So, that's my first thought. (desire) A trait like death wish and/or daredevil that make sims reckless and perhaps clumsy. Everything they do would have to be done with the greatest risk. They may even do things like get a glass of water and spill it on an electronic device. Or poke at the fireplace and burst into flames.

Beyond that, I would love to see the following.

1. Death by deliberate means. Allowing a sim to choose to die would be very progressive and it would simplify matters of... shall we say... trimming the neighborhood of stragglers or foes.
    2. Death by misadventure. This type of death would include accidental slips/falls while dancing, jogging, playing near the pool etc. It might also allow for a few new pool mechanics and adult pirate ship/monkey bars interactions.
    3. Death by duel or fight. Giving sims the power to fight to the death would provide all sorts of story lines between enemies or even friends. A simple misunderstanding, an act of cold blooded but spontaneous malice or a well calculated and carefully premeditated crime scene. If it were within the means of the stuff pack, perhaps policeman sims would be able to solve the murders of other sims.

Now, I have to find a thread about objects. I'm actually super excited at the prospect of a death pack. Good thing we have a few months to consider titles! :D
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    What I'd like even more than sims dying is a simple system notifying all the other sims that know said dead sim of his recent demise and appropriate sadness ... :)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    For Me I would like to see 1. Death by Poison Kiss, like from Poison Ivy Characters that I made.
    2. they can bring back the Satellite falling from the sky on Sims again, I liked that one, :)
  • Options
    IndustrialxGothIndustrialxGoth Posts: 84 Member
    First, loving the idea of associating the Grim Reaper with a Sim in order to have unpredictable consequences:
    Have the option to challenge/make a deal with the Grim Reaper to a game as a new method of trying to save a death of another -- if the played Sim wins the game, they could save/revive the newly dead Sim; if the Sim loses/Grim Reaper wins, then it will give the played Sim either a high risk of a near-future death or shorter life span, or have a "wheel of deaths" that the Grim Reaper could spin (with only ONE slot being to live or something) + your Sim has to die from some completely randomly spun choice of death!
    That would be an awesome addition.
    Or at least being at risk with the Grim Reaper if your Sim does any of the "Mean" actions. I also just thought, if a Sim who has a relationship with the Grim Reaper happens to get the friendship bar in the red + ALL the way up/full in red, then the Grim Reaper will kill the Sim from spite. LOL

Otherwise, also really liking the idea of incorporating more death options tied with the Emotions:
    This would be great only if the Sim of a particular "dangerous/risky" emotion is pushed over the limits! For instance, like how a Sim can die from the extremes of being Enraged, Hysterical, + Mortified (etc.), why not include another potential one?
    • Death by Tension: If a Sim does not relieve their state of being "very tense", they could likely die (similar to the idea of death by anger, since being extremely tense for a period of time CAN absolutely damage one's health! so this would be rather likely/doable...)
    • Death by Sadness: If a Sim does not relieve their state of being "very sad", with the addition of not wanting to eat nor doing much (i.e. - undergoing depression), they could likely die -- again, this would be pretty likely/doable since having depression damages one's health. By the way, this could apply to whether your Sim has witnessed the death of another Sim or even by Heartbreak (of which I imagine to happen if only a Sim with a Romantic trait has a break-up + becomes Sad, + again if not treated + becomes Very Sad, then could risk undergoing Depression).
    • Is it possible to die from extreme discomfort? Like the death of extreme embarrassment is? Because this could be another option then...
    I'm seeing that the existing emotional deaths happen to include an extra emotion -- speaking of Enraged, Hysterical + Mortified -- they are the only Emotions that have those 3rd forms (as their "extremes"), while ALL of the other emotions only have two (just adding "very" to the next level of each emotion).
    So in that case, if there were to be a couple of extra "death by emotions" possible:
    • with Tension the 3rd/extreme level could be like "Stressful", "High-Strung", "Overanxious", "Overwrought"...
    • with Sadness the 3rd/extreme level could be "Depressed" or "Despondent", "Morose", "Melancholy", "Dismal"...
    Additionally, liking the idea of a Death by Fear possibility -- fear I've mostly seen when a Sim witnesses a ghost. As a Sim witnesses seeing either many ghosts in one place or one ghost multiple times, that by seeing too many ghosts they become Tense. And again, if Death by Tension is a possibility, then this "fear of seeing ghosts" endlessly can just be one way to get to that level of emotion.

This may be asking a bit much, but a death by illness in the way of being around filth so much that your Sim becomes ill, who if left untreated will die..?
    I imagine in the way of real life that a person can get sick when exposed too much to filth (like mold, dust, spoiled or dirty things, anything that is left not cared for + develops germs or viruses that can affect a person), which in turn of course if not dealt with + nothing gets cleaned, then they can get really sick + die.

I also wouldn't mind if one or two plants would become more "dangerous". There should be more harmful plants, because in the real world there are certainly a number of plants that can harm the health of a person. Most all there seems to be in TS games is the Cowplant. This could also be applied to fish -- why not have a few fish types actually be harmful to one's health if consumed?

A "death by choking" + "death by overeating" (by the way of having a Glutton trait) have my vote!

In the way of Vampires (being a bit of a stretch to ask since I'd assume if the Dangerous SP wins that it would just be for the general Sims), I like the idea of "blood poisoning" from drinking from another Sim (only who'd happen to be unhealthy in some way or another). Not that it would necessarily kill the vampire, because I'd assume it would just make them feel uncomfortable for a while (like a Sim who's consumed some "bad" microwave dinner).
    Plus, a vampire being able to Drink the Plasma twice out of a Sim in one sitting that could kill that Sim (i.e. - the first time a vampire drinks from a Sim, it may just deplete the Sim's energy + whatever else; then there could be the option available to still drink from the Sim [say, making the passed out Sim automatically/forced to awake] + therefore killing the Sim since they've just been depleted). Obviously that's much of a controlled death, but it just came to mind~

(On a completely random note, only cuz the trait was mentioned in this thread, I wish the "Insane" trait allows the Sim to undergo more spontaneous emotions + that these emotions last longer...)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    What I'd like even more than sims dying is a simple system notifying all the other sims that know said dead sim of his recent demise and appropriate sadness ... :)

Or maybe along the lines of it, I wouldn't mind having the ability to see the causes of death listed for a Sim (maybe as a written part of an epitaph?), but can only be viewed if your Sim is near a grave/tombstone/urn/etc. that has epitaphs. It'd simply be a small amusing aspect just to be able to read how a Sim died~
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2017
    Simango wrote: »
    some way you could woohoo (more like a one night stand thing, not a full blown relationship) with the Grim Reaper and become pregnant with a Human/Reaper hybrid.
    Many simmers would love more Grim interactions including romantic ones & having a baby with him. I would like that. I tried, but. :/
    It would be nice if story progression that includes sims moving house, marrying, divorcing, and dying and leaving tombs or urns (even if you're not actively playing them) came as an update when they release the new pack.
    I would love it if they would patch that in as well.
    keenow wrote: »
    Death by Burglar (Maybe if you pick a fight with them; there's a chance your loss goes poorly. But of course, we would have to add burglaries for this to be a thing!)
    :) That would go in with the dangerous part.
    death flower
    Yes, return of the death flower. :) This could be readily available in the cemetery and simmers could carry this to keep death away.
    sinnyonce wrote: »
    Death by robot.
    Death by government assassination.

deaths differing by careers!
    -secret agent or politician: death terrorist assasination
    -astronaut: stranded in space (never comes back after flying off in rocket ship)
    -criminal: death by government assasination
    -scientist: death by robot

death by flies could be linked to having to many trash plants or really nasty items around, tornado, hurricane, running with scissors, Death by Illness ,Death by Germs - Food poisoning or Grody environs, Death by Flies/Vermin Death by Crushing The cars in the road that go through sims so the sim is slung to the sidewalk; maybe he will survive surgery if you have GTW or if not then half/half chance., die of sadness, group activities deaths, death by falling down the stairs, choking, illness left untreated, insult the grim reaper enough he'll take your soul, heartbreak, random ones on everyday household items, meteors, On the execute on others/murder it would be neat to see some that our sims could commit and at some point in the future a cop may appear out of nowhere to take you in or you get away with it.

My own: That talking toilet: Death by being flushed down the toilet; maybe it works too good or maybe an upgrade gone wrong? >:)
    Can't wait to see if we win and if so what deaths they give us to choose from. B)Also, it is my hope that they also have a surprise CAS item, buildbuy item, and maybe another surprise so we won't totally know what is coming. <3 I love to read the spoilers, but they spoil it too. Kinda like tractor beams or a fishing pole; just reels you in and you can't help but look. They should always have surprise things you don't see in the news and info. giving. I don't like the idea of dueling with the devil/grim; I'd never use this as I'd rather have it realistic to some degree and takes away from the common deaths since we will probably on get a couple. If I only have a small amount of deaths to choose from then I want common household and illness related ones.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    illness-related deaths involving the GTW illnesses are unlikely.

They do have the buy meds from the computer, so technically they could put them in and just place meds on the computer for those not having it. :)
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I miss being able to play against grim Bring back his door (Sims 3) then u could do death by death lol. Maybe death by texting or selfie phone explodes kills sim the ghost is then afraid of all tech stuff or can upgrade it make safer
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Or maybe along the lines of it, I wouldn't mind having the ability to see the causes of death listed for a Sim (maybe as a written part of an epitaph?), but can only be viewed if your Sim is near a grave/tombstone/urn/etc. that has epitaphs. It'd simply be a small amusing aspect just to be able to read how a Sim died~

Yeah that would certainly be fun, too! I just really don't like having to see a sim die in front of me for my sims to be affected by their deaths. Even if you don't see your mother every single day, her death shouldn't be unimportant to you. Appropriate response to (or at least knowledge of someone's) death is just one thing I'd still really like to see at some point :)
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Pack it up, everyone. We got beat by dirty socks and underwear.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Dang... I don't even see the appeal of that over death, funerals + the Grim Reaper! lol
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Don't forget used/inexpensive furniture too! ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    anniebanani0687anniebanani0687 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey guys, look on the bright side- maybe this was for the best? With all the amazing ideas on this thread, don't you think a Dangerous theme would work so much better as a GP?! A theme like this requires so much more content and gameplay than a stuff pack could offer anyway. Let's keep our fingers crossed the team realizes this too!
  • Options
    myk4mykmyk4myk Posts: 12 New Member
    How about if your sim is fishing a mermaid surfaces and then begins to sing. you have the option to listen or cover yuor ears! If you listen she hypnotises the sim to jump in and she drowns then as it turns out she is a siren! and if you cover your ears after a while she gets annoyed so throws a shell which you could open and maybe find a pearl at your sim!

or just an octopus surfaces and pulls the sim to their death!

but then again both the mermaid and octopus could take you to an underwater place to explore - like the ruins of Atlantis!