Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what deaths do we want if Dangerous stuff wins?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Side note? I dunno if this is doable, but I'd love an easter egg where if a Sim dies, you can challenge him to a duel on the fiddle (violin). Win the duel, you rescue the Sim in question. Lose? Grim gets your soul too.

Sincerely doubt they'd include it since it's so specific, but man I'd love it.

Or if we could pick our skill? Are we better than death at chess or basketball or bowling or that fiddle (or singing etc.) contest?

B-but references... :c

I'd be willing to compromise and make it Violin and Guitar because Tenacious D. I'd link, but language.

I am totally down with this.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Some accidental deaths by doing group activities or being careless. Where a living Sim can feel regret after a Sim death.

Something like a group of Sims playing Nerf Ball. A sim dies by swallowing a nerf ball.

Death by falling down the stairs. When a certain object is left by the stairs like a toy or pair of shoes. Toddlers could cause older Sims death too by leaving toys around.

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Death by satellite was always shocking, but the cloud gazing is tied with OR so probably not then. Meteor shower would be nice and random, but might feel a bit out of the place in the bright world? Illness sounds good to me actually.

Maybe a cursed gnome treasure? It would be an everyday decoration item that you put on shelf and then forget until one day you might find yourself with incurable illness.

It's really hard to come up with something good. I was thinking of an item that requires a sacrifice everyday and if you forget you're gone. But that's basically the cowplant :D
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Death by heartbreak would be cool considering the emotions system. I'd like to see a return of the rant about death. I'd really like more unexpected deaths. As of now, most of my sims die from old age. I really miss that heart-wrenching feeling I had when a sim I adored died suddenly and I just had to pick up the pieces and move on.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Remember in Sims 2 I think, when we got the scissors and you could kill off sims by having them run with scissors. That cracked me up! I'd love to see this option again.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would like to see death by flies back.
    Considering the amount of dirty plates my sims leave lying around it's not the most unrealistic notion.
    I would also love death by satellite/meteor because it was so random and unexpected.

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Meteor, Satellite, death by illness like if they don't treat them it gets worse and they die.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2017
    We definitely need more random deaths. Currently I have to force kill sims, then plead with Grim and leave the decision up to him. It's usually a win the first death and a lose after that, so not even random.

I would love to be able to "Challenge Death", Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey style, by picking a game (computer game, chess, DWTL or other game for 2+ players) and beating Grim to win your loved one back. If you had multiple loved ones on the lot to play, or a higher level in that game than Grim, it would increase your chance of saving the dying sim, but Grim would get stronger in all games the longer a save is running (he doesn't age AFAIK).

As to random deaths I'd like (most are related to current packs though)...

Death by Illness (e.g. GTW) - Illnesses get worse if left untreated or inadequately treated, and after several warning your sims can die. This gives plenty of chances to save your sim, but if you are too focused on careers/skills you could lose them due to lack of attention.

Death by Germs (e.g. DO/CL) - Food poisoning or Grody environs can make you sim sick enough to die.

Death by Flies/Vermin (e.g. BG/CL) - Filthy environs attract flies/pests which have an increasing chance to swarm and kill your sim the longer you are in their presence and immobile (sleeping/sitting etc.)

Death by Unsuccessful Attempt to Turn (e.g. V/Any other occult pack) - Attempting to turn sims into an occult comes with a risk of the target sim (or the sim doing the turning) dying. Default chance of randomly happening, with increasing/decreasing risk for other factors such as mood or other preparatory processes/environmental factors.

Death by Crushing - (e.g. BG/BN et al) Rocket ships, why death by fire and not death by crushing? Those bowling balls that go up, but never come down? The cars in the road that go through sims but don't harm them? Random meteor showers with huge, deadly rocks sometimes among the meteor collectibles.

I'll be back if I think of more.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited April 2017
    Tbh, I mostly just want the 'stuff' from the pack. I'm hoping for more things like the wall tears/cracks/holes we got from the Vampire pack, and things like gravestones, or maybe doors designed for tombs and mausoleums. Any deaths that might be included I hope are player initiated. Anytime it's not, it's always over-done. The vampires don't end up turning the whole population, for example, without player control over it. We've seen in past iterations where they do though.

Of course an off switch in a patch pre-release would solve that too.

But I really just want the stuff, especially if it's tuned in more about graveyards or dark alleys or something 'dangerous' themed. The vampire pack showed we don't have enough of that yet. More run-down furniture too please.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I would love to see some afterlife content...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I really want more ACCIDENTAL deaths (I can't stress that enough). Accidental deaths always used to spice up my game. And I really hate that I have to "force" death upon my sims. It's just not the same and it feels less like an accident and more like a controlled scenario.

I'd love it if they included old time favorites such as death by mysterious disease (sims 1), death by running with scissors, death by fly swarm, death by meteor, etc. They could also add a new option in the gameplay options menu to (I) turn off these accidental deaths altogether for those who don't want their sims to accidentally die and (II) allow us to remove death warnings (kind of like "hard mode").

Pretty much this. And I want the deaths to be a surprise to the player as well. No pop up warnings, just BAM! Dead sims because of some occurrence outside your control.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Death by heartbreak could be for certain personality traits like clingy or hopeless romantic. Maybe heartbroken Sims could die at a funeral or from witnessing their crush marry someone else.
  • The_WhaaThe_Whaa Posts: 3 New Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Death by Crushing - (e.g. BG/BN et al) Rocket ships, why death by fire and not death by crushing? Those bowling balls that go up, but never come down? The cars in the road that go through sims but don't harm them? Random meteor showers with huge, deadly rocks sometimes among the meteor collectibles.

Yes! If maybe every hundredth car (or trolley in Newcrest) was lethal.
  • shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    Death by robot.
    Death by government assassination.
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    Depending on how many they can include, if it's doable I'd totally like to see one of each: one random, one controllable, and one easy to execute on others.

For controllable, maybe this is just me being a cynical old man that doesn't understand them young'ns with their phone addictions, but I'd get a laugh out of social commentary if you could make a sim browse the web on their phone or play a game, likewise assign them to walk somewhere, and it's possible for them to trip over an unseen obstacle and die. Didn't Sims 1 have a downloadable run with scissors object or the like that could cause a similar death...?

For something executable on others, they could revive the "divide by zero" dare from...what was it, University Life? Make it a level 10 mischief interaction that Sims don't always agree to, but when they do, it opens up a wormhole directly on top of them, sucking them in before closing, then Grim shows up to collect the soul.

And then for something random...? That's probably the most difficult since people understandably get annoyed at times if Sims randomly die without their control. Like if we had a meteor crash that could happen any time a Sim was outdoors, then while ok, we've got a random event to spice up a story...we now also have an event that might trigger the moment you move in that new family you spent 2 hours making. :# If they included a random one, it'd probably be best to make it something like spontaneous combustion or the like, so your sim has time to react and put out the fire if you so choose.

going off topic just wanted to say i love your account picture.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    harun789 wrote: »
    Depending on how many they can include, if it's doable I'd totally like to see one of each: one random, one controllable, and one easy to execute on others.

For controllable, maybe this is just me being a cynical old man that doesn't understand them young'ns with their phone addictions, but I'd get a laugh out of social commentary if you could make a sim browse the web on their phone or play a game, likewise assign them to walk somewhere, and it's possible for them to trip over an unseen obstacle and die. Didn't Sims 1 have a downloadable run with scissors object or the like that could cause a similar death...?

For something executable on others, they could revive the "divide by zero" dare from...what was it, University Life? Make it a level 10 mischief interaction that Sims don't always agree to, but when they do, it opens up a wormhole directly on top of them, sucking them in before closing, then Grim shows up to collect the soul.

And then for something random...? That's probably the most difficult since people understandably get annoyed at times if Sims randomly die without their control. Like if we had a meteor crash that could happen any time a Sim was outdoors, then while ok, we've got a random event to spice up a story...we now also have an event that might trigger the moment you move in that new family you spent 2 hours making. :# If they included a random one, it'd probably be best to make it something like spontaneous combustion or the like, so your sim has time to react and put out the fire if you so choose.

Sometimes I wonder how many people actually know what it's from.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    harun789 wrote: »

Sometimes I wonder how many people actually know what it's from.

i have no clue.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I really want more accidental deaths, too! My favorite suggestions from this thread so far are:
    -Meteor
    (It's the best random death!)

-Illness
    (Maybe you would have to send them to the doctor's office for a fee if you truly did want to save them)

-Falling down the stairs
    (Maybe this could just be a minor chance for Elders since sims don't really leave anything on the stairs. And I know some people are into getting rid of their Elders early!)

-Death by Unsuccessful Attempt to Turn
    (Yes! With great power comes great risk I-I mean responsibility!)

-Deal with the Reaper
    (Maybe you win? Maybe you lose >:) )

-Death by Earthquake
    (There's already a Fault Line Lot trait you can add. Maybe there's a chance of one of these quakes could be dangerous too?)

I'd like to suggest some other random ideas:
    -Death by Choking
    (Maybe a sim can perform the heimlich to maybe save a sim choking on food? Be fun to have a chance to save another sim as well. Could make my restaurant visits more interesting!)

-Death by Burglar
    (Maybe if you pick a fight with them; there's a chance your loss goes poorly. But of course, we would have to add burglaries for this to be a thing!)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    death by Meteor' curse' or illness would be my top picks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I really want more ACCIDENTAL deaths (I can't stress that enough). Accidental deaths always used to spice up my game. And I really hate that I have to "force" death upon my sims. It's just not the same and it feels less like an accident and more like a controlled scenario.

I'd love it if they included old time favorites such as death by mysterious disease (sims 1), death by running with scissors, death by fly swarm, death by meteor, etc. They could also add a new option in the gameplay options menu to (I) turn off these accidental deaths altogether for those who don't want their sims to accidentally die and (II) allow us to remove death warnings (kind of like "hard mode").

Pretty much this. And I want the deaths to be a surprise to the player as well. No pop up warnings, just BAM! Dead sims because of some occurrence outside your control.

this above all else is what I want
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Catherine_HopCatherine_Hop Posts: 18 Member
    Hello. I love the idea of a Dangerous pack. I've always wanted to make my game more melodramatic by making it possible for sims to die of sadness, but since that's a bit dark, maybe if extreme sadness had some other outcome, such as the sim being unable to sleep unless they drink a glass of milk, because they get insomnia (and milk has tryptophan), or perhaps if extreme sadness gave sims an "insane" trait for 3 days (unless they already had the gloomy trait, then they could get the "gloomy" or maybe "hot-headed" or "mean spirited" trait). Basically, they're so depressed they temporarily loose their minds. For simmers who want a "darker" game, they can, while their sims are extremely sad, stress out their sims even more and kill them.

I'm the type of simmer who likes my game a bit unpredictable. I like my sims to run like an ant-farm. I like to play a household for a while then switch to another household and see marriages, new offspring, and divorces have taken place. Or deaths. I started playing the Sims series when Sims 3 came out, and I'll always remember the time I stuck a homeless guy in the town, and Yumi Sekemoto moved in with him and they adopted a dog. I had put a drum kit in his inventory, so he was able to busk to make money, so he and Yumi lived an OK, if slightly strange, life. That was a lot of fun. It would be nice if story progression that includes sims moving house, marrying, divorcing, and dying and leaving tombs or urns (even if you're not actively playing them) came as an update when they release the new pack.
    Also, I love the idea of the burglar coming back. I wonder if all this should be in an update instead of a stuff pack.
    Death by sickness is also a good one. It could be like this: if you don't treat your sickness for two days, you get an "exhausted" moodlet (moodlet?). If you don't sleep it off, you die of exhaustion -- kind of like how you can kill an elder by making them woohoo and sending them jogging afterwards.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Seriously I never, ever experienced any accidental death, not even emotional death! Maybe because somehow no Sim ever gets over the top with their emotions. No electrocution, No drowning, no fires... Everything is just so rare in the game that death and ghosts actually do not appear at all, unless an elder dies :( With vampires in the game now there should be more death options and also maybe some how an extended way to interact with the Grim Reaper, like making a pact with him to spare the Sims soul but in order to keep the pact the Sim has to do certain things for the Reaper etc. So many ideas for a dangerous themed pack! :)
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Seriously I never, ever experienced any accidental death, not even emotional death! Maybe because somehow no Sim ever gets over the top with their emotions. No electrocution, No drowning, no fires... Everything is just so rare in the game that death and ghosts actually do not appear at all, unless an elder dies :( With vampires in the game now there should be more death options and also maybe some how an extended way to interact with the Grim Reaper, like making a pact with him to spare the Sims soul but in order to keep the pact the Sim has to do certain things for the Reaper etc. So many ideas for a dangerous themed pack! :)

After 6000+ hours played, I finally got an accidental death. Unfortunately it happened in my extremely rarely used test-save for builds :(