Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop inviting my child to a bar! Petition.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Silencing the phone does not stop it for me either. My played households have become hermits. Even if they go to a festival, I cancel anyone who tries to talk to them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    AodraAodra Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Been trying out the new toddlers & I swear, the moment my toddler turns child her old man nanny starts inviting her over to his place & to the bars. It is so creepy.

A child whose trusted guardian who bathed her as a toddler & tucked her in at night?? *shudders* It's just wrong, WRONG I say!

I mean, I know it's a Sims game & they don't mean anything by it, but... it's just wrong on so many levels.

Also, the frequency of calls & invites is really annoying, not just for my child but for mom as well. An option to turn off some of the invites would be great. Like, sure, I want to get invites to parties but not to the bar. Something along those lines, then you could just turn them all off if you wanted to.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    From what I was reading on Twitch last night , it seems the Guru's are looking into this, about kids being asked out to Bar's ect, so keep your fingers crossed that they do indeed fix the problem, :)

I really hope we get a big fat patch with bug fixes in February.

Yup I hope so as well.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    It's annoying in general when people call wanting to hang out at midnight, because God forbid you should do the same to them. >_> They don't like it.
  • Options
    It's annoying in general when people call wanting to hang out at midnight, because God forbid you should do the same to them. >_> They don't like it.

Exactly, we are not allowed to call anyone after midnight, so why should they be allowed to call our Sims, especially the children who should be in bed at that time.
  • Options
    The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    I find it highly disturbing that there can not be a proper friendship between adults and children by your argumentation.
    I very much appreciate this feature, and I strongly oppose the removal of that. It's not "creepy", it's "friendly".

If this wasn't a family friendly forum, this post would be much longer.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited January 2017
    I find it highly disturbing that there can not be a proper friendship between adults and children by your argumentation.
    I very much appreciate this feature, and I strongly oppose the removal of that. It's not "creepy", it's "friendly".

Inviting a child to a bar/nightclub is friendly?

PS: it's also been established to be a bug, and not a "feature".
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    edited January 2017

The game feels sick in this way when you play it....add in adult like teens...seals the deal...nasty feel.

• Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I kept getting this old guy call and try to get my child sim to go to the bar he met her brother and started harassing him too once he turn up at the house and the dad who is a cop threw his drink at him, I got no more call or self invites after that :smiley:
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I just hate getting phone calls in general in my game. I wish there's an option to turn it off completely.

Oh my plum. This! So much this. I have a self-imposed technophobe family that technically would NEVER have cell phones. When they want to talk to someone they go visit them. Its truly annoying that they get phone calls night and day. I want to be able to turn them off completely! And those crazy adult sims calling my children for hot dates? Um...just eww.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    yeah this is happening to me as well. Hopefully there will be a fix soon
  • Options
    americanamelieamericanamelie Posts: 36 Member
    We should have an option that lets parent sims scold non-relatives for texting and phoning their kids! I don't know about this since game problem I don't play any kids or teens yet, but one of my sims is a single dad to a toddler and I wanted to start a romance with the dad and my main female. I invited the dad and tot for dinner but got the message not all could make it bc the dad was busy... But the game let the toddler accept my invite and show up on his own lol!!!
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    This issue is by design, toddlers can be invited to any lot. The Sims is a safe environment with no threats whatsoever from other Sims. :)

The calls at inappropriate times is an issue we're aware of :)

I am sorry but this is very very weird. I dont think adults should invite children! to any bars or clubs. Please reconsider this.

[And as mentioned in this thread, I wish there was an option for age restrictions for lots (I would like to make a kids/teens only hangout for example).]
  • Options
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    This issue is by design, toddlers can be invited to any lot. The Sims is a safe environment with no threats whatsoever from other Sims. :)

The calls at inappropriate times is an issue we're aware of :)

I am sorry but this is very very weird. I dont think adults should invite children! to any bars or clubs. Please reconsider this.

[And as mentioned in this thread, I wish there was an option for age restrictions for lots (I would like to make a kids/teens only hangout for example).]

That is a great idea, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    This happened to one of my children. But. It wasn't some "Creepy" person. It was his brother. Lol. His Young Adult brother called him up and asked him to go to a club with him. But I was like, no! I do think that it's silly and they should fix this where they stop asking younger Siblings, or younger Sims. Also I think the clubs should be off limits and that children and teens should have their own Specialty lots where they can go.

Now, if a classmate wants to invite another classmate to a "children's lot" - like... an Arcade. Fine. x_x but noo clubs! Teens should have a night-club exclusive for teens.. at least then we can tell them apart and or maybe Teens should be banned from some lots too.. so we can stop thinking they're adults until we hover over their name plates. : (
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    On the other side you have the annoyance of kids calling adults to do things.

"Let's ditch school."
    "But i'm an elder, and retired."
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought that was fixed in one of the patches? I used to get those calls but not anymore.

It switched to teens from MyShuno calling to ditch school with the adults, now. ROFL..seriously it's annoying. My Sim isn't weird he isn't going to play hooky with a teen no matter how many times they call. :joy:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    I'd also like kids to not show up anywhere during school hours. One of the things I miss about open world is that everyone was living their own, scheduled lives. With Sims 4 we have to kind of imagine that townies have their own lives, and seeing them in the wrong place at the wrong time breaks the immersion.

I'd like it if they would stop taking their meal with them while using the toilet. (KIds & adults). It's awful.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    YES! THIS!
    Please do not let child sims out after 10 pm. Teens should also have a curfew but they look so much like Adult sims, I'm sure it just could never be enforced... So many fixes are needed for this game.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited May 2017
    Rest aside the age issue---which I definitely agree is incredibly annoying--- I'm honestly tired of the invites from random sims in general.

We need an "exchange numbers" feature that actually has a purpose with strangers, that way we can get calls/texts from sims we actually want our sims to talk to or get invited out by. I'm tired of the countless nobodies that I barely know, or showed absolutely no interest in knowing, calling my sims.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Rest aside the age issue---which I definitely agree is incredibly annoying--- I'm honestly tired of the invites from random sims in general.

We need an "exchange numbers" feature that actually has a purpose with strangers, that way we can get calls/texts from sims we actually want our sims to talk to or get invited out by. I'm tired of the countless nobodies that I barely know, or showed absolutely no interest in knowing, calling my sims.

I totally agree, I personally don't like how an npc sim automatically gets added to your "contacts" so to speak and can call you (annoyingly at any hour) whenever they feel like. That's not how the real world works. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't give out my number to every stranger I meet. I would love it if a feature was added so that only sims you exchange numbers with can call you and vice versa . This would probably solve a lot of peoples problems and fixing the silent option for phones (which have never worked btw). After that I believe all phone related problems and complaints with magically disappear! Or at least they will for me lol
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Please also add the feature if a Sim calls up my Sim and says 'I'm starving, let's go to that restaurant' whichever they choose, add and "I'm buying" to the invite. I'm tired of my Sims paying when I didn't do the inviting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Please also add the feature if a Sim calls up my Sim and says 'I'm starving, let's go to that restaurant' whichever they choose, add and "I'm buying" to the invite. I'm tired of my Sims paying when I didn't do the inviting.

Yes! OMG it's so annoying how they invited you out and yet your sim is always the one who does the paying.

In my games, I like to invite npc sims out to lunch and my sim pays. So I would like it if npc's would pay when they do the inviting. And it's not like you can abuse this for free food because I rarely ever get lunch/dinner invites from npc's.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    This is still happening to my children, even when I have their phones shut off. Creepy to say the least.