Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop inviting my child to a bar! Petition.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    I seem to be the only one with the same opinion as some in these threads bout not having children in Bar's and Night Clubs that is getting called out for My opinion bout it, like they are attacking Me for having Common Sense and Morals, I am sorry if others think it is ok for kids to do that, I do not and I will stick by My opinion bout it.

Everyone in this thread so far has been against it:)
    You're not "the only one".

In the other threads I am getting told that they should be able to do that, I am so not happy that EA & Maxis thinks it is ok for kids to do alot of the things they should not be doing.

All here agree. Underage sims should not be receiving or giving these types of call etc, it does seem odd. :)

Yup, I think kids should not be called and invited by strangers, but I guess I am the escape goat on this issue, so from now on I guess I will just keep to myself on these forums, have a nice day.

You have all right to voice your opinion no matter what it is:)
    Also we all seem to have the same opinion in this thread so you have no reason to feel the way you do:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I seem to be the only one with the same opinion as some in these threads bout not having children in Bar's and Night Clubs that is getting called out for My opinion bout it, like they are attacking Me for having Common Sense and Morals, I am sorry if others think it is ok for kids to do that, I do not and I will stick by My opinion bout it.

In the other threads I am getting told that they should be able to do that, I am so not happy that EA & Maxis thinks it is ok for kids to do alot of the things they should not be doing.

All here agree. Underage sims should not be receiving or giving these types of call etc, it does seem odd. :)

Yup, I think kids should not be called and invited by strangers, but I guess I am the escape goat on this issue, so from now on I guess I will just keep to myself on these forums, have a nice day.

But ... they agree with you? We too think kids shouldn't be invited by adults or strangers in the middle of the night (or most any other time :D).

And this is really, really not to make fun of you (please don't take it the wrong way), but I'd love to know what an escape goat looks like cause that sounds so adorable :love:

An Escape Goat> is someone who takes the fall for everyone else, since I am the only one that other Players are calling out and seem to be attacking for My beliefs , that is a escape goat, again have a nice day.
  • Options

But ... they agree with you? We too think kids shouldn't be invited by adults or strangers in the middle of the night (or most any other time :D).

And this is really, really not to make fun of you (please don't take it the wrong way), but I'd love to know what an escape goat looks like cause that sounds so adorable :love:

An Escape Goat> is someone who takes the fall for everyone else, since I am the only one that other Players are calling out and seem to be attacking for My beliefs , that is a escape goat, again have a nice day.

But who's attacking you?0_o
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member

If that's happening use the "flag" option and report it. That is definitely not on. Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017

No one is attacking you though, everyone agrees with you in this thread. So you're in the right place. And I was just being a little silly (what you're describing is a scapegoat, not en escape goat :D sorry, again, just lighthearted fun, I really think escape goat sounds super cute :D)
  • Options

I do not wish to name anyone, it is people on the other threads of the same type of discussions is all I will say, they seem to think it is ok for the kids to roam all over the place, and all I said was I did not think it was right for them to be in the Bar's and Night clubs, they think I am taking away their Freedom of game play I guess.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I do not wish to name anyone, it is people on the other threads of the same type of discussions is all I will say, they seem to think it is ok for the kids to roam all over the place, and all I said was I did not think it was right for them to be in the Bar's and Night clubs, they think I am taking away their Freedom of game play I guess.

Well it's aright for me if they're there, in theory, but I don't want any adults inviting them there :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017

But, I saw the other thread... They did not try to attack you. Trust me. You just misunderstood.
    But you can stay here if you want to:)

Also, SimGuruNick said that it is in fact a bug that children get phone call invites to clubs and bars from NPC adults.

• Options

But, I saw the other thread... They did not try to attack you. Trust me. You just misunderstood.

There was more then one thread I was called out on, but thanks just the same, much appreciated.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I wish they'd fix the invites for every sim. It's annoying to get about three or four people calling you in the middle of the night. It should work for non-played sims like it does for played. If you call someone in the middle of the night...instant hang up and hit with a negative penalty.
  • Options

There was more then one thread I was called out on, but thanks just the same, much appreciated.

Something similar happened to me yesterday, there are always some who take out the stress of their lives on others. If it becomes too personal report it.

You are just as welcome to have an opinion on here, doesn't matter if it's any different either. :)
  • Options

Something similar happened to me yesterday, there are always some who take out the stress of their lives on others. If it becomes too personal report it.

You are just as welcome to have an opinion on here, doesn't matter if it's any different either. :)

I thank you for that, so far in 2 days though I have had to put 2 people on My ignore cause they seem to want to call Me out on everything I say, it is lame, :(
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Sign me up. I find it odd and would like to see it fixed
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think this needs to be fix sims kids and teen sims should focus on school and not go to a bar event and there should be only sims kids event like hanging at the park or at the pool swiming.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I still think the phones should be something you have to purchase and not be automatically given. Then you could just choose not to buy them for your kids.
  • Options

I thank you for that, so far in 2 days though I have had to put 2 people on My ignore cause they seem to want to call Me out on everything I say, it is lame, :(

No problem, and definitely block them. No one has to put up with name calling. :)
  • Options
    Oh wow have you all seen the Live Stream for the Vampires, it was awesome, I am going back to see it again, and Thank you all for your support, it is much appreciated, :)
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @SimGuruNick I understand that each and every sim can be invited to each and every lot is by design.

But my child gets bombarded with phone calls to go to a bar or a club. Is this by design as well?

Oops, I got confused! So sorry! I don't think children are supposed to be getting inappropriate invites from NPC adults. This is definitely an issue already on our radar.

What about my opposite issue? The Child inviting my Adult sim to the bar. The child isn't a friend with my Adult sim.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'm sorry but can I just say that I find your first post really funny? :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    This thread was a funny read! :)

Inappropriate calls to children and teens, like the examples given by other posters, are annoying me too. And it seems like the frequency of these calls have escalated since the latest patch ... But since the issue is on the "guru-radar", I'm hoping it will be fixed soon. :)
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    I still think the phones should be something you have to purchase and not be automatically given. Then you could just choose not to buy them for your kids.

Agree!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    From what I was reading on Twitch last night , it seems the Guru's are looking into this, about kids being asked out to Bar's ect, so keep your fingers crossed that they do indeed fix the problem, :)
  • Options
    From what I was reading on Twitch last night , it seems the Guru's are looking into this, about kids being asked out to Bar's ect, so keep your fingers crossed that they do indeed fix the problem, :)

I really hope we get a big fat patch with bug fixes in February.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe it is time that TS4 had a police service to enforce the law. Having kids out roaming the streets late at night as bad enough but now they are going to bars?

They just get younger and younger these days...

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My sims dad (part of my 100 baby challenge) keeps inviting his son to a nightclub. He's a child! I also keep getting sims texting his mum congratulating her on her recent promotion? She's a stay at home mum.