Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop inviting my child to a bar! Petition.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    Dear, adult sims, please stop calling my child and invite him/her to go to a bar or a club with you. They are not old enough. They have school and homework to take care of. And you need to stop being a creep and make friends of your own age.
    What kind of world do we live in where no one is safe? I can't even let my child go play on monkey bars in the park without them making a creepy acquaintance that calls in the middle of the night ( and day, and morning) and invites my child to a bar. Dear, sim adults, it needs to stop. If you don't stop tormenting my children I will get a restraining order on you. Thank you very much for your understanding.

In all seriousness, why do adult sims invite child sims to a bar/club, etc? Why do they invite my child anywhere? Period.
    To me it's really disturbing when a random adult sim invites a single child to go somewhere without his parents supervision.

When will this bug be fixed? And will it ever be fixed?

This makes me think of the inappropriate romantic interactions that used to happen... I'd leave my sims alone and suddenly the mom was feeling "flirty" while talking to her child son. No, just no.

It still happens sometimes:D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Uhm... Why was this moved to feedback? It's not an actual petition. It's a bug.
    Could you please move it to the bugs section?
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    This makes me think of the inappropriate romantic interactions that used to happen... I'd leave my sims alone and suddenly the mom was feeling "flirty" while talking to her child son. No, just no.

This actually just happened in my game.. only it was a dad with his TODDLER daughter! Gotta say I was a bit freaked out and it reminded me just how much more work this game needs....perhaps a Chris Hansen NPC patch in the meantime.
  • Options
    KraftyKiana55KraftyKiana55 Posts: 105 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I always see at least one child at the nightclub when my sim goes there at like midnight. :o
    Don't get me started on the clubs of children and their after-school visits to the nightclubs...all they do is drink water and read. Party animals, clearly. :lol:

Lol I know :D
    It would be cool if the game made a feature where you can somehow configure who is allowed on each lot (like age group). That way the kids can have their own Weenie Hut Juniors. :p
    (Spongebob reference oh yeah)
    YouTuber | KianaLuvsYou44 | 13k+ Subbies

ERM8xAm.gif

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    How about the opposite? Yes I have the opposite problem of this thread. The child of another sim keeps inviting my adult sim to the bar. Yes we got bugs. Or another one. I used my adult sim to write excuse note for teen. Another teen sends her a text to play hokey from school. Please lets beg the Simgurus to fix our bugs.

I have had a child text an elder sim about skipping school together. At least they knew each other pretty well, so he wasn't texting some random old lady, but still annoying!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dear, adult sims, please stop calling my child and invite him/her to go to a bar or a club with you. They are not old enough. They have school and homework to take care of. And you need to stop being a creep and make friends of your own age.
    What kind of world do we live in where no one is safe? I can't even let my child go play on monkey bars in the park without them making a creepy acquaintance that calls in the middle of the night ( and day, and morning) and invites my child to a bar. Dear, sim adults, it needs to stop. If you don't stop tormenting my children I will get a restraining order on you. Thank you very much for your understanding.

In all seriousness, why do adult sims invite child sims to a bar/club, etc? Why do they invite my child anywhere? Period.
    To me it's really disturbing when a random adult sim invites a single child to go somewhere without his parents supervision.

I agree with this message 100% , EA & Maxis really need to fix this, so I say>
    Sign Me Up! thank you.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I always see at least one child at the nightclub when my sim goes there at like midnight. :o
    Don't get me started on the clubs of children and their after-school visits to the nightclubs...all they do is drink water and read. Party animals, clearly. :lol:
    Lol I know :D
    It would be cool if the game made a feature where you can somehow configure who is allowed on each lot (like age group). That way the kids can have their own Weenie Hut Juniors. :p
    (Spongebob reference oh yeah)
    Weenie Hut Juniors...:lol: Yeah, I think that would be a really great option to be able to set age groups and ranges to the lots. I just can't believe kids can go to nightclubs and the adults don't even bat an eyelash. :confounded:

On a side note, I've experienced an increase in older sims texting my sim children while playing today. They really need to fix this. Marcus Flex first invited Dahlia (my sim) to join Powerhouse. Yep, absolutely. A child is going to come pump iron with you...oh, and tell me how you got a child's personal number? Then, Jade Rosa asked her to join Partihaus. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Imagine that conversation with the Partihaus members...Jade: "Hey guys, let's recruit a new member... someone really young. How about little Dahlia Malik? This isn't illegal, right?" :lol:
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    :mask: lol that is so weird, but yeah, I always thought it was weird in TS3 and TS4 how kids can be befriended by stranger adults.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    This issue is by design, toddlers can be invited to any lot. The Sims is a safe environment with no threats whatsoever from other Sims. :)

The calls at inappropriate times is an issue we're aware of :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This issue is by design, toddlers can be invited to any lot. The Sims is a safe environment with no threats whatsoever from other Sims. :)

That may be true But I would never allow My toddler or child out to go with any stranger, it is just common sense, did you all not think that it would bother some Simmer's or no?
    P.S. also forgot to add You all may say it is safe for them to wonder all over, but I do not feel safe letting My Sim kids wonder all over , including going into Bars and Night club, what were you all thinking anyway? that so needs to be fixed thanks.
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Maybe the child sims could no longer own phones? Maybe that would help.

And sims with phones could be told not to call sims who work during the day at night time? I've had night owl sims so I would prefer it not to be completely stopped.

Sims are becoming too realistic in some ways. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017

@SimGuruNick Let me get this straight, adult sims inviting children sims to a bar/club is by design? Is that what you mean?

I was not talking about toddlers. My toddlers don't get phone calls with club invites, thank god.

I'm just sincerely confused because I never knew it was a feature, and always thought it was a bug.
    Could you please clarify on it?

• Options

@SimGuruNick Let me get this straight, adult sims inviting children sims to a bar/club is by design? Is that what you mean?

I was not talking about toddlers. My toddlers don't get phone calls with club invites, thank god.

Unless it's a family "bar", I can understand and agree here. Nightclubs aren't really the best place for children sims.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Amen.

I herewith solemnly swear to sign this petition.
  • Options
    I seem to be the only one with the same opinion as some in these threads bout not having children in Bar's and Night Clubs that is getting called out for My opinion bout it, like they are attacking Me for having Common Sense and Morals, I am sorry if others think it is ok for kids to do that, I do not and I will stick by My opinion bout it.
  • Options
    I seem to be the only one with the same opinion as some in these threads bout not having children in Bar's and Night Clubs that is getting called out for My opinion bout it, like they are attacking Me for having Common Sense and Morals, I am sorry if others think it is ok for kids to do that, I do not and I will stick by My opinion bout it.

Everyone in this thread so far has been against it:)
    You're not "the only one".

• Options
    @SimGuruNick I understand that each and every sim can be invited to each and every lot is by design.

But my child gets bombarded with phone calls to go to a bar or a club. Is this by design as well?

• Options

In the other threads I am getting told that they should be able to do that, I am so not happy that EA & Maxis thinks it is ok for kids to do alot of the things they should not be doing.
  • Options

In the other threads I am getting told that they should be able to do that, I am so not happy that EA & Maxis thinks it is ok for kids to do alot of the things they should not be doing.

All here agree. Underage sims should not be receiving or giving these types of call etc, it does seem odd. :)
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @SimGuruNick I understand that each and every sim can be invited to each and every lot is by design.

But my child gets bombarded with phone calls to go to a bar or a club. Is this by design as well?

Oops, I got confused! So sorry! I don't think children are supposed to be getting inappropriate invites from NPC adults. This is definitely an issue already on our radar.
  • Options

Oops, I got confused! So sorry! I don't think children are supposed to be getting inappropriate invites from NPC adults. This is definitely an issue already on our radar.

That's what I thought:)
    Thank you for clarifying this, SimGuruNick:)

• Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

All here agree. Underage sims should not be receiving or giving these types of call etc, it does seem odd. :)

Yup, I think kids should not be called and invited by strangers, but I guess I am the escape goat on this issue, so from now on I guess I will just keep to myself on these forums, have a nice day.
  • Options

Thank you for taking the time to listen to the feedback. :)

Sims seem to love mobiles just as much as we do. :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Yup, I think kids should not be called and invited by strangers, but I guess I am the escape goat on this issue, so from now on I guess I will just keep to myself on these forums, have a nice day.

But ... they agree with you? We too think kids shouldn't be invited by adults or strangers in the middle of the night (or most any other time :D).

And this is really, really not to make fun of you (please don't take it the wrong way), but I'd love to know what an escape goat looks like cause that sounds so adorable :love:
  • Options

You're entitled to have an opinion on here too, the games need everyone's feedback. :)