The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is laggy-ish after the pre-CL patch

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    this is a completely new save. I havent even played the game yet because its so laggy. i dont have any mods downloaded on my account or any items in my inventory as its a completely new file. ive tried lowering the setting and nothing changes. besides I know it should work at highest settings because it works on her account

Although it is a completely new save, could you try testing by starting another new save and seeing if there are still issues? The current new save may be buggy.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Are they still reading dxdiag reports? My game keeps freezing on me.
    I do have cc/mods but everything is UTD

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Are they still reading dxdiag reports? My game keeps freezing on me.
    I do have cc/mods but everything is UTD

Hello @simsluvr90
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.

Try lowering the in game screen resolution and see if that helps. Lowering the graphics settings may also help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issues remain, you can post your dxdiag report here if you would like to.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site.