The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is laggy-ish after the pre-CL patch

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Reaper5901 wrote: »
    Thats what i would like to know how do i upload the dxdiag to pastebin

Open the DxDiag text file on your computer and copy and paste the results into several posts here. No need to use pastebin.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    I can log into his profile but don't now where to put link or dxdiag
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Open the DxDiag text file. You would have to copy and paste it in several sections in several posts. If you uploaded it to pastbin put a break in the link somewhere to post it. New members cant post links
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member

Hello
    You can either post the link to,the pastebin file on the SimGuru's wall in the comments section.
    Or you can copy and paste the text here in this thread in multiple posts.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Where I come from, an elastic band is called a "laggy band".

TS4 is a "laggy" game.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Where I come from, an elastic band is called a "laggy band".

TS4 is a "laggy" game.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having lagginess in your game.

If you have a laptop with a dedicated graphics card , make sure that the game is using your card. This thread explains about that
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd

Check that your graphics drivers are uptodate

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    smilelikemilessmilelikemiles Posts: 75 Member
    Hi, I am unsure how to start a discussion. I've never done this before which is probably why I can't make my own post but I'm so at a loss of what to do. I hope I get a response. Anyways this is all of the things I've done to fix a Sims 4 lagging problem I currently have. My game loads super slow for one, then when it finally loads it starts off not paused and it's already frozen at start up. When it unfreezes, my sims basically are lagging so much you don't even see them walk. My game will unfreeze and not even 2 seconds later it's frozen again. This game is unplayable and I cannot seem to fix it. These are the things I've done:

-I have all game updates and all origin updates (I play on origin)
    - switched back and forth between 64 bit and 32 bit because once the game was updated it messed up a lot of people on which to play. I was originally 64, tried both and still didn't work.
    - I've cleared origin cache
    - Clean out all unnecessary files before each game play (I have the right files to)
    - Restarted my sims 4 folder
    - Removed my one mod and some cc (just clothes and hair as I don't do item cc) but still have issues prior to getting the cc. This also didn't work
    - Changed settings (lowered them)
    - Contacted EA chat desk to walk me through some of these processes 5+ times
    - Made a smaller house because I figured the more objects I had, the laggier it would be and nope- even a small house made my game unplayable.
    - Played on origin in offline mode every single time
    - Repaired sims 4 and all packs that I have installed (the only game I installed by disc was sims 4 base game, all packs and expansions I have since bought/downloaded via origin)

This is all I can remember doing. If you have suggestions I will let you know if I've done them. Maybe mentioning some will jog my memory on what else I've tried. I feel like ever since I got City Living my game just failed to work. It was that update that came with City Living to that corrupted everything but I thought the following patch was supposed to fix my problems and it never did :( Also City Living loading screens (well any loading screens) take forever and I cannot play in San Myshuno (spelling?) at all. It just freezes. I liked the car animations in the background so I increased some settings but those were originally the settings I used to play on :(

Not sure what my laptop version is. It's 7 years old by now at least but I never had issues! My laptop runs just as it did when my game was working properly. It's an HP.

Please help! Thank you to those who read this and try to help.
  • Options
    Hi, I am unsure how to start a discussion. I've never done this before which is probably why I can't make my own post but I'm so at a loss of what to do. I hope I get a response. Anyways this is all of the things I've done to fix a Sims 4 lagging problem I currently have. My game loads super slow for one, then when it finally loads it starts off not paused and it's already frozen at start up. When it unfreezes, my sims basically are lagging so much you don't even see them walk. My game will unfreeze and not even 2 seconds later it's frozen again. This game is unplayable and I cannot seem to fix it. These are the things I've done:

- switched back and forth between 64 bit and 32 bit because once the game was updated it messed up a lot of people on which to play. I was originally 64, tried both and still didn't work.
    - Clean out all unnecessary files before each game play (I have the right files to)
    - Removed my one mod and some cc (just clothes and hair as I don't do item cc) but still have issues prior to getting the cc. This also didn't work
    - Made a smaller house because I figured the more objects I had, the laggier it would be and nope- even a small house made my game unplayable.
    - Repaired sims 4 and all packs that I have installed (the only game I installed by disc was sims 4 base game, all packs and expansions I have since bought/downloaded via origin)

This is all I can remember doing. If you have suggestions I will let you know if I've done them. Maybe mentioning some will jog my memory on what else I've tried. I feel like ever since I got City Living my game just failed to work. It was that update that came with City Living to that corrupted everything but I thought the following patch was supposed to fix my problems and it never did :( Also City Living loading screens (well any loading screens) take forever and I cannot play in San Myshuno (spelling?) at all. It just freezes. I liked the car animations in the background so I increased some settings but those were originally the settings I used to play on :(

Not sure what my laptop version is. It's 7 years old by now at least but I never had issues! My laptop runs just as it did when my game was working properly. It's an HP.

Hello @smilelikemiles
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(

Could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

Thank you! I will have to share when I get off of work. Got a free moment to share this much with you all. I will do so as soon as I can later! I have to go to a wake tonight but should be back later on.
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Thank you! I will have to share when I get off of work. Got a free moment to share this much with you all. I will do so as soon as I can later! I have to go to a wake tonight but should be back later on.

Hello :) When you are able to later on , it will be good to post the information. I am sorry that a loved one has passed away. I send a hug to you <3
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Hello :) When you are able to later on , it will be good to post the information. I am sorry that a loved one has passed away. I send a hug to you <3

Thank you!
  • Options
    Do I post all info? My name and stuff is in there which I do not want to release to the public.

• Options

System Information
    Time of this report: 3/29/2017, 22:33:13
    Machine name: [My Name]-HP
    Machine Id: {6F73282F-DB27-4CB9-8E36-9AD39293E117}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: n/a
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2810MB RAM
    Page File: 2655MB used, 2970MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9712)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9712&SUBSYS_1444103C&REV_00
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 1404 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
    Shared Memory: 1152 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD02AC
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.636Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1129 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.970.100.9001
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Feature Levels: 10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable
    Power P-states: Not Applicable
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 1/12/2015 8:00:00 PM, 1094024 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D452-11CF-E577-4E34BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9712
    SubSys ID: 0x1444103C
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem7.inf:cb0ae4144b112bd0:ati2mtag_RS880M:8.970.100.9001:pci\ven_1002&dev_9712
    Rank Of Driver: 00D72001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    MPO Caps: Not Supported
    MPO Stretch: Not Supported
    MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
    MPO Formats: Not Supported

Sound Devices
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0270&SUBSYS_103C1444&REV_1001
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7548 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 6/30/2015 12:00:00 AM, 4515584 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
  • Options
    Idk how much of the info you need but its super long :( I feel I will be marked for spam.
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Nevermind I did this to make it easier- Notice breaks in the link after "bin" remove those spaces in search bar. pastebin .com/eYiWFZyW
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Nevermind I did this to make it easier- Notice breaks in the link after "bin" remove those spaces in search bar. pastebin.com/eYiWFZyW

https://pastebin.com/eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles
    I am going to ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your dxdiag when she comes onto the forums. She will advise you about your computer.
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Nevermind I did this to make it easier- Notice breaks in the link after "bin" remove those spaces in search bar. pastebin. com/eYiWFZyW

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles
    I am going to ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your dxdiag when she comes onto the forums. She will advise you about your computer.

Thank you!
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

Nevermind I did this to make it easier- Notice breaks in the link after "bin" remove those spaces in search bar. pastebin. com/eYiWFZyW

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles

Thank you!

You're welcome :)
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles

Thank you!

I was hoping to play tonight or try fixing it. Is she really active or no? I've had these problems so long so I hope to solve these issues soon. Thanks!
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles

Thank you!

I was hoping to play tonight or try fixing it. Is she really active or no? I've had these problems so long so I hope to solve these issues soon. Thanks!

Hello
    I am sorry :( She is active but just may not have received the message . I will ask @luthienrising and @chesterbigbird to help also.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Hello @smilelikemiles
    I don't think that your notebook meets the recommended requirements for playing the game. I am so very sorry :( I think that is why you are having these issues. Your processor is not as strong as is recommended to play the game , and the notebook has 3 gb rather than the recommended 4gb of ram,
    It would also be good to go to the hp site, look up your notebook model and download any update drivers there.
    With each pack and game patch added to the game, the computer requirements to play the game increases.
    I have asked the other simmers to look at your dxdiag because they can advise you better.
  • Options

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles

Thank you!

Hello
    I am sorry :( She is active but just may not have received the message . I will ask @luthienrising and @chesterbigbird to help also.

Hello @smilelikemiles

Click OK

pastebin.com /eYiWFZyW

Hello @smilelikemiles

Thank you!

Hello

No worries! Thank you! I would've started my own forum thread so a lot could see/help me. I'm a new member though and cannot do so yet.
  • Options
    Hello @smilelikemiles
    I don't think that your notebook meets the recommended requirements for playing the game. I am so very sorry :( I think that is why you are having these issues. Your processor is not as strong as is recommended to play the game , and the notebook has 3 gb rather than the recommended 4gb of ram,
    It would also be good to go to the hp site, look up your notebook model and download any update drivers there.
    With each pack and game patch added to the game, the computer requirements to play the game increases.
    I have asked the other simmers to look at your dxdiag because they can advise you better.
    Hello @smilelikemiles
    Hello @smilelikemiles

What am I gonna to do? I won't have money for a long time to get a new computer as I am looking for a car and will never be able to afford a gaming laptop and don't have the space in my house for a desktop :( I spent so much money on this game and I can't ever play it? This sucks. I'm so upset :(
  • Options
    Guess I give up and I'm done wasting all my money on this game :( it used to be so much fun but bc laptops suck in general for gaming idk why I ever bothered. I have almost all the game packs for sims 4 and only missing like 2 from Sims 3. For how much that costs together I don't even want to think about it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited March 2017
    Guess I give up and I'm done wasting all my money on this game :( it used to be so much fun but bc laptops suck in general for gaming idk why I ever bothered. I have almost all the game packs for sims 4 and only missing like 2 from Sims 3. For how much that costs together I don't even want to think about it.

I'm so sorry that you've run into this. Did you buy it all just now? If so, you could try talking to EA Help to see if you can get a refund.

If this has come on gradually, you could, for now, try disabling some packs. City Living would be a good one to start with, as it's particularly resource-intensive. Here's how: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Also, definitely play on 32-bit, not 64, which requires at least 6 GB RAM to be effective. This might help a bit, but it might not be enough. I would also keep the Tray folder elsewhere (it's your Library, and you don't always need access to it) and start with a fresh save, keeping older save files elsewhere. And once you're going, lowest graphics settings, Speed 1, Laptop mode, smaller households and lots, and a laptop cooler. None of those might be enough, unfortunately; I'm kind of surprised your laptop lasted this long with the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.