The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is laggy-ish after the pre-CL patch

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Yes. I've noticed my game has become laggy too since the latest patch and the addition of CL.

Hello
    Try doing what I suggested in this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15334803/#Comment_15334803

Also playing offline may help with the lagginess .

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues.Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain. Don't delete the tray folder though, because the tray folder contains all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library
  • Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Sent DxDiag to SimGuru Nick.
    Kind regards James.
  • Options
    Sophie_A1503Sophie_A1503 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the Sims 4 and have been for a while now! When I go into fast forward (x3) and then back onto normal speed the time skips back around an hour this happens when my sim is sleeping but also when during the day but only skips back around 10 sims minutes. When doing this this also affects my sims needs, for example, when I put my sim to sleep their energy is in the red zone and i put it into (x3) this then goes into the yellow and then green zone but stays red and once I put the time back to normal speed it turns red and goes right down again?

Can anyone help please? Very frustrating when I am playing the game!!

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the Sims 4 and have been for a while now! When I go into fast forward (x3) and then back onto normal speed the time skips back around an hour this happens when my sim is sleeping but also when during the day but only skips back around 10 sims minutes. When doing this this also affects my sims needs, for example, when I put my sim to sleep their energy is in the red zone and i put it into (x3) this then goes into the yellow and then green zone but stays red and once I put the time back to normal speed it turns red and goes right down again?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.The issue has been affecting many other simmers also.
    A little suggestion that may help. When using fast forward speed, try pressing pause then waiting a few seconds before going back to normal speed and see if that may help with the issue.
  • Options
    AmberbbyAmberbby Posts: 29 New Member
    There are a few things I've noticed while playing. First, the Klepto trait is bugged, I think. When swiping something it doesn't show up in the household inventory. However when my sim goes to work and swipes something, its in her personal inventory. When I go to an house or lot and swipe, it tells me it was successful but the item remains right in front of my sim and isn't in her household inventory. Also, when accessing the computer the "Troll the forums" has a misspell and it looks like "Troll teh forums" don't know if that was on purpose, but I thought I'd bring it to attention. Thanks. Love the new expansion by the way. If only the klepto issue was fixed as well. One last thing, this deals with the time. Whenever I try to change the speed at which time goes, it goes all over the place. EX: I go from slow(normal) speed to fast(High) speed, it will stay on the same time and then when I click back to normal speed, it will jump back a few hours or an hour and so forth this is after I had it at high speed for at least a couple of hours. Just wanted to point these things out since I cant seem to figure out how to post a new thread :neutral: Thanks. Happy Simming
  • Options
    Amberbby wrote: »
    There are a few things I've noticed while playing. First, the Klepto trait is bugged, I think. When swiping something it doesn't show up in the household inventory. However when my sim goes to work and swipes something, its in her personal inventory. When I go to an house or lot and swipe, it tells me it was successful but the item remains right in front of my sim and isn't in her household inventory. Also, when accessing the computer the "Troll the forums" has a misspell and it looks like "Troll teh forums" don't know if that was on purpose, but I thought I'd bring it to attention. Thanks. Love the new expansion by the way. If only the klepto issue was fixed as well. One last thing, this deals with the time. Whenever I try to change the speed at which time goes, it goes all over the place. EX: I go from slow(normal) speed to fast(High) speed, it will stay on the same time and then when I click back to normal speed, it will jump back a few hours or an hour and so forth this is after I had it at high speed for at least a couple of hours. Just wanted to point these things out since I cant seem to figure out how to post a new thread :neutral: Thanks. Happy Simming

Hello
    I posted about your issues in the other thread. We were posting on different threads at the same time :)
  • Options
    AmberbbyAmberbby Posts: 29 New Member

Im having the same issue! i just posted about it too. haha :smiley: glad im not the only one. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    nightlightornightlightor Posts: 6 New Member
    @SimGuruNick I have noticed that it seems to get worse the longer I play. Also I seem to not be able to add any neighbors to my apartment. Apparently being a member here for 3yrs, does not qualify me to post a link to my dxdiag....
  • Options
    @SimGuruNick I have noticed that it seems to get worse the longer I play. Also I seem to not be able to add any neighbors to my apartment. Apparently being a member here for 3yrs, does not qualify me to post a link to my dxdiag....

Hello @nightlightor
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post links, but instead of that break the address code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    SimGuruNick can then put the address code link back together. You can either post the broken link here or on the wall of SimGuruNick
  • Options
    nightlightornightlightor Posts: 6 New Member
    @SimGuruNick As an update, I found out that upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit fixed most of my problems, however, clicking randomize in CAS still causes problems, but without using that so far so good. Thanks for all you do to improve this game.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,704 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've noticed a couple of things as have others. Going into the gallery takes a couple of seconds whereas before it didn't, and my game has mini 1 - 2 second freezes where before it's been dead smooth.
    Thankfully none of it is enough to really annoy me as on other computers in the past I've had bigger frustrations.
    Hoping it will all go away with another patch.
    Have checked everything I'm supposed to check and all is as it should be.
    Haven't removed tray as it's not a big enough inconvenience to bother.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Removing tray helped a little but not enough. Those little freezes and lags are still there.
  • Options
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    Removing tray helped a little but not enough. Those little freezes and lags are still there.

Hello
    You may like to send your diaxdiag infornation to SimGuruNick. You can pm him the infornation.
  • Options
    Resorted to having to try playing with the tray removed to desktop, and it's running better again.
    It was overly bad, but was getting a bit annoying.
    Hope they fix this issue soon.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    Resorted to having to try playing with the tray removed to desktop, and it's running better again.

Hello
    It is good that moving the tray folder to the desktop has helped your game issues. If you want to bring back some of your sims/builds into the tray folder, the Tray Importer tool is helpful in organising the tray files.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It is good that moving the tray folder to the desktop has helped your game issues. If you want to bring back some of your sims/builds into the tray folder, the Tray Importer tool is helpful in organising the tray files.

What is the tray importer tool? Is it like a mod?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hello

Hello,
    This is link to the Tray Importer tool.
    It is a French site but it also has English translations of the instructions
    http://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/
  • Options

Hello

Hello,
    I'm not sure if I really need that. Looks complicated :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hello

Hello,

Hello.
    You don't need to use it. It was only if you wanted to organise your tray files and place some of the files back.
    It is good that moving the tray folder out has helped with your issues.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Hello

Hello,

Hello.
    You don't need to use it. It was only if you wanted to organise your tray files and place some of the files back.

Oh good. Don't want to go poking around files and messing anything up! Although I do have my EA files saves on two different USB's - just in case!
    Thanks for your help again Rose :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hello

Hello,

Hello.

Oh good. Don't want to go poking around files and messing anything up! Although I do have my EA files saves on two different USB's - just in case!
    Thanks for your help again Rose :)
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited November 2016
    I updated my post to include my game's performance after today's patch. In short, so far no change.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hello.
    I posted this in the other thread, but will also post it here too.
    If you haven't already done this, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

Also try testing in a new save game, just to see if the same thing is occurring in that new save game also.
  • Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    Thats what i would like to know how do i upload the dxdiag to pastebin
  • Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    Or at least how do i post the link on his profile i have the text file on my pc destop but don't know what to do from there