Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mama Dragon! I played Mama Mia!

Comments

• Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    The houses are pretty and those pictures in the story really made me laugh ;)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I tried to be here much earlier, but I have a second password for added security that needs me to type in the password they send me through email. However, no matter how many times I refreshed or asked for a new password, no email appeared in my in box. Sigh. :(

Any way, they finally came through! Yay!

So... day 4 is a simple redo of a park in Riverview to make it fit the apocalypse challenges rules and add cover as well as games areas so sims can play even in heavy snow.

Here's the pictures here.
    Download lot here.
    l0wd_original.jpg

• Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Wow. What an interesting story, Ciane. All the ups and downs, the twists, the promotions.... and the KIDS!! ha ha ha I've never played an Apocalypse challenge. That looked/read like it was really hard!

Good story, tho! #clapshands
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Willow Park is a nice addition for an apocalypse challenge or even if the game isn't one! The covered areas are a thoughtful touch for staying out of the sun while having fun. Chess and darts and hopscotch... oh my!... made me chuckle.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I spotted it earlier & then loaded cities skylines ..... no clue what happened to the day ;)

I think the park will make a nice addition to various towns. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Willow Park looks great, ciane...I've never done an apocalypse challenge, but this is a great basic park for anywhere! (except maybe LP...it would really stand out in a not-great way there, lol!)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Willow Park looks great, ciane...I've never done an apocalypse challenge, but this is a great basic park for anywhere! (except maybe LP...it would really stand out in a not-great way there, lol!)

Funny you should mention that Bookie aka @Bookworm742 - I also thought Lucky Palms an excellent place for an apocalypse and redid the park there as well.

See here.

I uploaded the lot here.

roof_up_original.jpg

• Options
    The covered areas at Plenty Palms Park made me think of shuffleboard courts for some reason. Looks great and will suit Lucky Palms quite well!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @ciane :lol: Go figure! Plenty Palms Park looks great...I vaguely think I remember that park, and thinking it needed improvements! (There's actually a few parks in LP with not much happening on them, if I remember right. Gives us plenty of things to make over!)
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »

Funny you should mention that Bookie aka @Bookworm742 - I also thought Lucky Palms an excellent place for an apocalypse and redid the park there as well.

See here.

I uploaded the lot here.

roof_up_original.jpg

the rules for the challenge are under heavy revision for the upcoming October tourney, and maybe Lucky Palms or Riverview will get snowed under ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    ps, if anyone is really curious here's the link https://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Rec'd. Those houses are gorgeous and the Reed Kids looks like quite the challenge!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The sixth day of gifting is here and to make sure everything would work okay, I actually left myself logged in and kept my computer on all night. The launcher still gave red Xs, so I closed it out, surfed the forums, and opened it back up again. Today you see why I had moved to Lucky Palms from Riverview.

click here for pictures

After playing through Reed Patelli's 90 days and giving you a family with young 'uns to be around in your apocalypse, I thought you might actually like the young Reed Patelli and a starter version of the bunker.
    lht_original.jpg

Not wanting to make decisions for you, Reed has just the basics in a very basic bunker built using the same basic principles as the original bunker, but with a larger front porch for playing chess. This time, however, the build is in Lucky Palms as I thought the landscape much more barren and suited to an apocalypse. And, I therefore chose to have red brick to match the landscape.
    roof_up_original.jpg

Reed has over 3200 simoleans so he can buy all the gardening and toddlers books as well as a ladder, a bunk bed, a hacky sack, and even a sink (if you desire). I don't expect you to play him, but maybe the lot will add some atmosphere if you do decide to start an apocalypse in LP.

Download here.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    ps, if anyone is really curious here's the link https://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/

YIKES! No wonder why this challenge is called what it is. I was just scanning over the rules........ uhhh -- NO. I cheat too much as it is. LOL There'd be no way I (my sim) would ever survive!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Very cute sim & house, thank you @Ciane ....... good chance I'll play with him as a broke start today ;) and odds are heavily in his favor for ending up in a future apocalypse challenge, poor guy. lol :)

@MsPrissy88 lol, the challenge is definitely not for those who can't play without cheat codes, and you'd probably die the first sim day under my "I scoff at your challenge and make it harder" rules ;) which is why my sims don't always get a sink right away, or add extra restrictions on top of the ones already at work, like until education is lifted I don't even allow toddler training/interactions ... which I will sometimes tie to the daycare career too.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Those rules look HARD! I played the AC for Sims 2 for a while; I don't recall it being quite THIS difficult! Then again, I never got past generation 2, because I lost interest. I do that. ;) I don't think I've ever gotten past gen 2 in anything, and rarely even get TO gen 2, most of the time. :D.

That said, I really enjoyed the story you did! I had such fun reading it, that I looked over the rules for the S3 version of the challenge, then just gave up in dismay after reading a few of the parts. It's so complex! My hat's off to you that you even started it!
  • Options
    I thought there were way too many crazy rules too and not always where I'd look for them. I did it once all the way through just to do it. I do like the challenging aspect to it, but not all the parts of it. Like Mama Dragon, I might do it again taylored my way more.
  • Options
    The younger Reed and his bunker house are rather nice! Could make the decision for trying an apocalypse challenge an easier one to make... probably because your stories make it seem more doable than the rules suggest.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Well... It might've been a pain to get some of your gifts here the way you wanted, but it was sure worth it! Awesom gifts :) I really hope my game will take some more stuff I try to stash into it :# the story was done so good as well!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Day 7 arrives and time for another gift.
    I stayed in LP long enough to redo that library (just in case you do end up playing there).
    roof_up_original.jpg
    You'll find the new library here.
    Pictures of it are here.
  • Options
    looks awesome, already installing. :) I played some yesterday, borrowed an idea from Tanu and stuffed as many of the sims and builds into one town as possible, and then set up for a mild apocalypse ;)

Mind not a serious game, I wanted to test a broke start with the existing conditions ..... um yeah, not very doable, unless you permit the founder to stay at a shelter (the firehouse) until they have at least an enclosed 2x3 shelter up ........ I made decent progress but then the game crashed, haven't decided yet if I'm going to run it through the save cleaner and continue or take my notes and start fresh

speaking of fresh starts, do not delete the 40x30 empty lot in Lucky Palms and then try to put in 2 30x20 lots, game won't let you :/ also learned yesterday that for some odd reason the 60x60 on the hill in Riverview won't let you put a 40x40 build onto it :(
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    I know that exact replacement sizes don't work as they need a little overlap, but seriously a 40x40 will fit on a 60x60 lot size. My only thought is that the 60x60 lot didn't completely delete or there was something placed on the lot that stayed behind and interferes. Try debug or MC to clean any remnants.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited August 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    I know that exact replacement sizes don't work as they need a little overlap, but seriously a 40x40 will fit on a 60x60 lot size. My only thought is that the 60x60 lot didn't completely delete or there was something placed on the lot that stayed behind and interferes. Try debug or MC to clean any remnants.

You're right ciane, there is something that sticks and I always have to bulldoze until I get the proper little icon, then all is well for any size build.

I read some of the rules (there are pages and pages) for the apocalypse challenge and I still don't know how to start it!!! They get so detailed with every little thing. I need a sandbox apocalypse!

By the way, nice library!! I always end up redoing libraries in all the towns.
  • Options
    @Kgaff - I actually went through and made myself a spreadsheet cheat sheet with what I couldn't do in each category until it was cleared. Some things just aren't found on the page you look at for it. Audrey makes a spreadsheet for the challenges that is helpful. There is a tab for rewards and a tab for other things that helps.
  • Options
    oh and @Mmdrgntobldrgn - I had already deducted the cost difference for the smaller lot, so you might have to reimburse the difference from the 40x40 lot price to the 60x60.