Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play the Sims 2?

Comments

• Options
    ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    China wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    In a Sims 4 discussion you want to know if people still play Sims 2? Y'all are on a roll today hahaha!

I'm sure some do though since they made it available in the Mac app store and on Origin briefly.

They're new here no need to be like that :)
    And yes I loooveeeee it!! pure entertainment :D

Lol thanks I thought I did something wrong. An yes I can't wait to play it I gotta wait till 3.

You've done nothing wrong, We're all new here at some point but I hope you like being here in the forums :)
    And who's your favorite family in the game or do you create your own?

Well I love the goths and of course the family I created and yea I love this forum already thanks for welcoming me.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't know how many expansions are out for Mac... they were, or probably still are, selling The Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac at the App Store. iirc. :)

Well I don't have a Mac so I'm good.

Oh, sorry. I thought I read you have a Mac. :blush:

Its okay lol thanks for the info anyways.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Yeah, I'm thinking of getting TS2 on the Mac App Store as a little reward for myself when I'm done with my summer internship. :) My sister has it on her computer and really enjoys going back and playing it (though we wish we could take TS4's CAS into TS2!). One tip: If you're going to start a new TS2 game, I'd recommend you check out this guide to avoiding corruption in your game: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption I love TS2 more than any game I've ever played, but after a few years my game pretty much self-destructed from corruption, with my Sims and neighbourhoods disappearing one by one. A lot of the things that can corrupt your game in TS2 seem like they would be normal features, so it's a good idea to be aware of what to avoid when playing your neighbourhood. If you go in from the beginning with a guide of what not to do, though, you should be fine and enjoy the magnificence that is TS2. Other than that, happy Simming. :)
  • Options
    In a Sims 4 discussion you want to know if people still play Sims 2? Y'all are on a roll today hahaha!

I'm sure some do though since they made it available in the Mac app store and on Origin briefly.

Lol thanks I thought I did something wrong. An yes I can't wait to play it I gotta wait till 3.

You get a pass, the thread is harmless. No worries.

Thank God lol
  • Options
    Yeah, I play all the old PC Sims games from time to time. There is good stuff in every series that I'd love to have added to Sims 4!

Me too I feel like the Sims 4 missing so many good things.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

You've done nothing wrong, We're all new here at some point but I hope you like being here in the forums :)
    And who's your favorite family in the game or do you create your own?

Well I love the goths and of course the family I created and yea I love this forum already thanks for welcoming me.

All good :)
    And sameee I've got them in my game in both the sims 2 and 4 they're a classic!
    also this guide to the threads might help you if you haven't seen it already :)
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ShortieJ845ShortieJ845 Posts: 38 Member
    I played sims 2 recently, got a little frustrated with some things that I got used to with the sims 3 and the sims 4. Then I realized what I missed most from the sims 2 was the families. So as of right now, I'm back to playing the sims 4 but I deleted all the families except for Landgraab and Goths and then played with genetics feature and actually created Mortimer Goth's, Bella Goth's, and Nancy Landgraab's grandparents as adults and Nancy's, Bella's, and Mortimer's parents as children. I plan on eventually adding more pleasantview families.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    I still play it upon occasion — especially when I need some FUN. Currently, I'm not having as much fun in Sims4 as I did in the beginning. I can't wait until I finish my Legacy Challenge game and Gen. 8 baby is on his way (that is as long as his mama ate enough carrots, in time). There's so much I miss about Sims2. I even play Sims3 upon occasion. Normally, it's just to set up a new town to my personal specifications. I find peace in doing such, even though placing those venues can take me hours and I end up running out of actual game play time. I lost one of my sweet Beagles eight days ago. He all but died in my arms! (I have to be honest I've never really seen an animal or anyone else for that matter, die before.) He was 12 1/2 years old. The house is eerily quiet without him, even though his litter-mate (brother) is the more lively of the two. Tassidus was our "couch potato", if you will. His brother, the ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) of the dog world. Having to keep a strict eye on him, too, as the two were inseparable. I NEED SOME FUN!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I just reinstalled the TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday on my Windows 10 newish PC. It runs fine but the graphics are dreadful, so I'm thinking it doesn't recognise my graphics card. Will have to look into that I guess...
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    I am...

I'm playing a BaCC with many familes in different Challenges...

@Rflong7 WOW, that is a lot of different challenges to do, your determination is awesome!! :) I wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them.
    And that lil' plumbob looks stinkin' adorable! Really lovely.
    Also, what kind of laptop do you have? It looks identical to mine! :D

OMG I forgot all about the open for business!! I WANT IT NOWWWWW :#:#:#:#

It is sooo cool, imo, better than Get to work and Dine out, but different strokes for different folks :)
    I also figured out how to make a restaurant on a residential lot (which isn't really possible to do by the norms) so I got a lot of options.

I got the Ultimate Collection at last minute back in 2014, when they gave it away free, so I got really-really lucky with that. It runs quite smoothly too. It's a bliss :P

4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

@Rflong7 Your cookie deco/plumbob, is so cuuute!
    I have the caramel/chocolate/coconut cookies, and YAY for mocha coffee too! :D
    (actually tastes like coffee too, unlike some that just end up tasting like choc milk)
    1zwlugo.jpg
    (tiny pic made it sideways, lol...not worth fixing)

@China I play Sims 2 every so often, also.
    I esp love that it can be played in HD/high-res, now.
    As a matter of fact, I play through different versions of Sims, depending on how I feel.
    (though I need to reinstall the original Sims on PC, again)
  • Options
    I just reinstalled the TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday on my Windows 10 newish PC. It runs fine but the graphics are dreadful, so I'm thinking it doesn't recognise my graphics card. Will have to look into that I guess...

This helped my game recognize the graphics :)
    simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Woot~ for the Mocha and Cookie Simmers! IcedMocha_zpshaaxpega.png

Thanks- I was bored on day and tried to make some SmileyBobs <- is my name for them. :mrgreen:

My laptop is a Lenovo Z70, dual graphics and great for my Sims 2. :cookie:
  • Options

simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

This helps for the Sim shadows which can be enabled with it. :D
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    @Rflong7 I don't think I've ever seen a post make my mouth water this much. That looks delicious

I know! LOL I'm like those look like some PERFECT biscotti's lol
  • Options

I had that problem and I had to turn something off in game and it was fine, weird lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

I had that problem and I had to turn something off in game and it was fine, weird lol

This is a mod that puts the shadows back so they don't have to be turned off in game. :)
  • Options

This is a mod that puts the shadows back so they don't have to be turned off in game. :)

Ooh I get ya lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I do! Love, love love The Sims 2!
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Me!! I play also. My favorite Sims game :blush:
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Me!! I play also. My favorite Sims game :blush:

Idk which Sims game is my favorite can't choose lol :#
  • Options

Look for the Graphic Rules Maker I think its called? Will really give your game a lift! My game looks awesome!
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2016
    I just recently started playing TS2 again and I've been having a blast! It's been over three years since the last time I played it and I definitely remember now why it's my favorite Sims game. :smiley:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    I just recently started playing TS2 again and I've been having a blast! It's been over three years since the last time I played it and I definitely remember now why it's my favorite Sims game. :smiley:

That's great.
  • Options

Welcome back! :)