Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play the Sims 2?

ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
I was wondering if anyone still play it because I'm kinda missing my teens running away amd toddlers fighting over bottles and im thinking about installing it again. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4 but I'm kinda not liking Sims 4 that much so I'm thinking about waiting for more expansion packs to come out before playing it again. An I just finishex playing the Sims 3 but still feel like its missing some of the Sims 2 best things.

Comments

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    In a Sims 4 discussion you want to know if people still play Sims 2? Y'all are on a roll today hahaha!

I'm sure some do though since they made it available in the Mac app store and on Origin briefly.
  • Options
    I didn't know they had it for Mac and I'm sorry I'm new to the forum and don't really know where to post things.
  • Options
    Should I take it down? And how do u take it down?
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I still play Sims 2. Love it. I switch between that & Sims 3.

I uninstalled Sims 4 a bit after GTW. I never plan to spend another dime on it, or play it again. I don't consider it a Sims game.

You should go back to Sims 2 -it's a lot of fun.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    OP, I still play Sims 2. It definitely has more charm and appeal than TS4, at least for me. If they'd have blended TS2's quirkiness with TS3's openness, that would have been a heckuva game!
  • Options
    Simplysims25- Yup I'm thinking about doing that to be honest I miss so many things from the Sims 2. I'm about to install it right now!!!!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Kelleygirl- Girl I wish they did mix them together it would feel like a dream come true.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    China wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone still play it because I'm kinda missing my teens running away amd toddlers fighting over bottles and im thinking about installing it again. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4 but I'm kinda not liking Sims 4 that much so I'm thinking about waiting for more expansion packs to come out before playing it again. An I just finishex playing the Sims 3 but still feel like its missing some of the Sims 2 best things.

I do it's great!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I have it on my laptop and am about 3 generations deep in a story. I think you'll enjoy going back to it, especially with the expansions
  • Options
    TheHeku4TheHeku4 Posts: 155 Member
    Gonna jump in and say that I play it too!!
    It's weirdly, like a breath of fresh air. Just so so fun and the ways to tell your own stories are literally endless. I really missed it.
    I just got two sisters in college, and I'm thinking about opening up a bakery when they finish college.
    Oh, and I LOVE the inheritance feature, I had totally forgotten about it.
    4XoHjXr.gif
    "You can't agree to disagree, because they're frigging wrong!" 
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    I do! It never gets boring.
  • Options
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    I have it on my laptop and am about 3 generations deep in a story. I think you'll enjoy going back to it, especially with the expansions

That's great and I am can't wait!!! :#
  • Options
    TheHeku4 wrote: »
    Gonna jump in and say that I play it too!!
    It's weirdly, like a breath of fresh air. Just so so fun and the ways to tell your own stories are literally endless. I really missed it.
    I just got two sisters in college, and I'm thinking about opening up a bakery when they finish college.
    Oh, and I LOVE the inheritance feature, I had totally forgotten about it.

OMG I forgot all about the open for business!! I WANT IT NOWWWWW :#:#:#:#
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Rflong7 I don't think I've ever seen a post make my mouth water this much. That looks delicious
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I do! It's my favourite game of the series. So intuitive as the Sims 4 team would say ;)
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I am...

I'm playing a BaCC with many familes in different Challenges. Don Lothario is doing an Uglacy, Cassandra Goth is in a Trailer Park Challenge; Dina Caliente is my WYDC momma; Nina Caliente is in a Wantacy: the Pleasant girls are doing mirror Legacies with opposite restrictions (1 on an Extreme start and only 3 commands a day per Sim and the other is in Uni who gets at least 1 wish fulfilled a day)... I've got Malcolm Landgraab and a lot of Simselves for an ISBI challenge. Plus a very looks challenged Sim for my DIFT challenge.

I'm having fun and I have some Biscotti and an Iced Mocha. :lol:
    I need that Iced Mocha!!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't know how many expansions are out for Mac... they were, or probably still are, selling The Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac at the App Store. iirc. :)
  • Options
    I don't know how many expansions are out for Mac... they were, or probably still are, selling The Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac at the App Store. iirc. :)

Well I don't have a Mac so I'm good.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    In a Sims 4 discussion you want to know if people still play Sims 2? Y'all are on a roll today hahaha!

I'm sure some do though since they made it available in the Mac app store and on Origin briefly.

They're new here no need to be like that :)
    And yes I loooveeeee it!! pure entertainment :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Lol thanks I thought I did something wrong. An yes I can't wait to play it I gotta wait till 3.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

Lol thanks I thought I did something wrong. An yes I can't wait to play it I gotta wait till 3.

You've done nothing wrong, We're all new here at some point but I hope you like being here in the forums :)
    And who's your favorite family in the game or do you create your own?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Well I don't have a Mac so I'm good.

Oh, sorry. I thought I read you have a Mac. :blush:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yeah, I play all the old PC Sims games from time to time. There is good stuff in every series that I'd love to have added to Sims 4!
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member

You get a pass, the thread is harmless. No worries.