Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.

Okay lets just change party, party, party to just more social circle stuff. Not impressive.

Well sorry you feel that way, but I guess can not please everyone, I for one know how that is, not having much for My type of game play since day 1, but I am excited bout this one yup, :)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.

Okay lets just change party, party, party to just more social circle stuff. Not impressive.

So you want a half baked Zombie stuff pack with Zombie costumes? Or a half baked Ghost stuff with stuff that isn't everyday stuff?
    Seriously, I'd prefer packs like Kids Room Stuff and Backyard Stuff over packs like Spooky Stuff and most of the horrendous Sims 3 Stuff Packs...
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Well if you think family is a social circle then sure. ;) I'm happy with more family stuff personally.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I want to ask that every time I see someone post why do they like TS4 and their number one answer is, it runs.
    LOL exactly. I'm like for how long and at what cost to potential features? I mean imagine limited pets and vacations just for the sake of performance. It could effect a lot of things. I'm almost certain there will be pet culling too.

I might have to sell tickets, fix some popcorn and sell some drinks over at my house when complaints start about the pet culling and the loss of relationship between pet and owner. This is the best game evah, but why you go and make my pet not know the owner anymore and I have to do all that work over again. (Sorry, OT and deviant).

I might have to sell tickets, fix some popcorn and sell some drinks over at my house when complaints start about the pet culling and the loss of relationship between pet and owner. This is the best game evah, but why you go and make my pet not know the owner anymore and I have to do all that work over again. (Sorry, OT and deviant).
    I think I'll join you with the popcorn and make root beer floats. Yep, it's going to be ugly. What Simmers don't realize sometimes is that this base game "intended features" are going to effect their packs as well. So going to be interesting reading the reaction when those things happen in their games. I'll probably end up giggling when it does. Nah it's ok, I'm a deviant Simmer too. What lacks in the game I guess will be enjoyed on forums. ;)

Not to be a stickler or anything, especially since I consider one of you a friend, but:

READ THIS - General Discussion Etiquette - UPDATED
    If someone says they love The Sims 4, then please acknowledge that they have a right to feel that way. Just because you don’t agree, that doesn’t give you the right to mock or laugh at them.

---

Being funny is wonderful. Being funny at the expense of another person is not wonderful. Being deliberately mean is simply being mean, and is against our Forum Rules.

We all can't be saints. If I break rules then flag it. Naming and Shaming is also against the rules, like calling me or Scobre out for saying it would be ugly here if players see their relationships between Sims and dog/cat culled like we do with Sim to Sim.

But let's get real here, the forums are more entertaining and have more drama and chaos than this game. Maybe if the game was as volatile as this forum (from all sides) I would be playing it, instead of writing feedback threads.
    That is assuming that I will be logging on during that time. So glad Simmers can't censor my reactions behind my computer screen. I have to have a sense of humor when being apart of the vocal community. I'm well aware how people laugh at the expense of others on Twitter all the time that like the game that are very vocal about it. I just don't need to express it in words like others do. Forums are entertaining to read. I think that Gurus must have a few laughs too. But cool that a trailer is out today. I know if the Sims 4 even had a fraction of the emotions and drama forums had, it would be so much more fun to play. If only Gurus could channel it into the game. I think every Simmer has a deviant side and seems like forums are where they get their deviant fix since the Sims 4 lacks consequences. Cool that you noticed it too Cinebar.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think Ralph is going to ground.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    so no ball, no item where two sims would do something together
    but 2 more objects where sims can do something alone, more drinks & of course more of new clutter

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    [[/quote]

Well sorry you feel that way, but I guess can not please everyone, I for one know how that is, not having much for My type of game play since day 1, but I am excited bout this one yup, :)[/quote]

Im really happy that it appeals to you. Everyone should have something they want implemented
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    but 2 more objects where sims can do something alone, more drinks & of course more of new clutter

It is a stuff pack, clutter is stuff!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I would have loved "catch" back. But it looks like more sims are enjoying the slide together rather than just 2. I'm all for Grandpa acting like he owns it and the family watching as he falls. Some concern over his well-being, but a lot of fun and laughter. Great for family story-telling immersion. It all depends on how you want to develop family bonds. We need the closeness of 2 developing those bonds as well as the whole family. But I really think this is great for my family reunion groups!
  • Options
    AmyDames wrote: »
    [

Well sorry you feel that way, but I guess can not please everyone, I for one know how that is, not having much for My type of game play since day 1, but I am excited bout this one yup, :)[/quote]

Im really happy that it appeals to you. Everyone should have something they want implemented [/quote]

Thank you kindly, :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

You know I've seen people compare SPs on the number of items but I don't think I've seen anyone compare how much is 'clutter stuff' in these new packs compared to older packs. wonder what the difference could be. It just seems like the older packs had more build/buy in the way of things Sims could use like furniture and items to build with.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    This SP looks so full and amazing! So fun! Exciting! All that <3
    By the way, I was searching for some Baby update ideas from old threads and they were made in 2014-2015, so the devs definitely have had enough time to make them more like real babies in over a year. They WILL get an update, trust me :sunglasses:

This is the second time I have seen you guarantee an update for babies; in the other thread you actually used the term 'it's confirmed' when NOTHING is confirmed in this regard. When @SimGuruDrake said that some people speculate and cause wild rumours to start circulating she was referring to posts such as this; where one Simmer seemingly notes something as confirmed, others read confirmed, and before you know it everyone thinks toddlers are on their way. Please STOP guaranteeing things when you know as little as the rest of us; stop claiming things as confirmed when they are NOT confirmed by anyone working on The Sims team.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

You know I've seen people compare SPs on the number of items but I don't think I've seen anyone compare how much is 'clutter stuff' in these new packs compared to older packs. wonder what the difference could be. It just seems like the older packs had more build/buy in the way of things Sims could use like furniture and items to build with.

I don't know. I've been playing S2 UC edition for the last few days and I keep wondering where all the "stuff" is! Sims 2 just seems so bare in terms of personalizing lots and sims.
  • Options
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    This SP looks so full and amazing! So fun! Exciting! All that <3
    By the way, I was searching for some Baby update ideas from old threads and they were made in 2014-2015, so the devs definitely have had enough time to make them more like real babies in over a year. They WILL get an update, trust me :sunglasses:

This is the second time I have seen you guarantee an update for babies; in the other thread you actually used the term 'it's confirmed' when NOTHING is confirmed in this regard. When @SimGuruDrake said that some people speculate and cause wild rumours to start circulating she was referring to posts such as this; where one Simmer seemingly notes something as confirmed, others read confirmed, and before you know it everyone thinks toddlers are on their way. Please STOP guaranteeing things when you know as little as the rest of us; stop claiming things as confirmed when they are NOT confirmed by anyone working on The Sims team.

I agree, if your going to confirm things, then you should have it posted with proof, not just your word on it.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    They've used that baby in renders before and the bassinet is in the teaser too...at most it might be a nanny.
    I certainly don't see a baby update coming any time soon, if ever based on past guru comments.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    So since the original GIF was supposed to represent the whole quarter, now I'm trying to figure out what *wasn't* in the Backyard Stuff trailer. Seems like everything is coming in the SP, but they said there was more content that would come in patches.

The Nanny NPC is the only thing I can figure, but that's not totally obvious that it's not just a grandma and regular baby. Do you guys see anything in that teaser that wasn't in the SP trailer?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,078 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Those horrid garish stickers what the heck I don't want my house looking like a cartoon. The bird house is not a new mesh. The drinks tray is not a new mesh. The only thing I'm interested in is the water slide but it looks massive and I never used them in TS3 anyway. They were base game of I'm not mistaken. The CAS looks ok and also the bird feeder I like but overall meh.
    I'm not really excited either. I'd have fun with the water slide for like 2 days and never touch it again (it also looks massive lol)
    The CAS stuff and bird feeder are cool

That's about right. Generations had a slip and slid. You can only send your Sim sliding just so many times.

To be honest though can't that be said for every object, animation, interaction in every game thus far? :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I want to ask that every time I see someone post why do they like TS4 and their number one answer is, it runs.
    LOL exactly. I'm like for how long and at what cost to potential features? I mean imagine limited pets and vacations just for the sake of performance. It could effect a lot of things. I'm almost certain there will be pet culling too.

I think I'll join you with the popcorn and make root beer floats. Yep, it's going to be ugly. What Simmers don't realize sometimes is that this base game "intended features" are going to effect their packs as well. So going to be interesting reading the reaction when those things happen in their games. I'll probably end up giggling when it does. Nah it's ok, I'm a deviant Simmer too. What lacks in the game I guess will be enjoyed on forums. ;)

Not to be a stickler or anything, especially since I consider one of you a friend, but:

READ THIS - General Discussion Etiquette - UPDATED
    If someone says they love The Sims 4, then please acknowledge that they have a right to feel that way. Just because you don’t agree, that doesn’t give you the right to mock or laugh at them.

---

Being funny is wonderful. Being funny at the expense of another person is not wonderful. Being deliberately mean is simply being mean, and is against our Forum Rules.

We all can't be saints. If I break rules then flag it. Naming and Shaming is also against the rules, like calling me or Scobre out for saying it would be ugly here if players see their relationships between Sims and dog/cat culled like we do with Sim to Sim.

But let's get real here, the forums are more entertaining and have more drama and chaos than this game. Maybe if the game was as volatile as this forum (from all sides) I would be playing it, instead of writing feedback threads.
    That is assuming that I will be logging on during that time. So glad Simmers can't censor my reactions behind my computer screen. I have to have a sense of humor when being apart of the vocal community. I'm well aware how people laugh at the expense of others on Twitter all the time that like the game that are very vocal about it. I just don't need to express it in words like others do. Forums are entertaining to read. I think that Gurus must have a few laughs too. But cool that a trailer is out today. I know if the Sims 4 even had a fraction of the emotions and drama forums had, it would be so much more fun to play. If only Gurus could channel it into the game. I think every Simmer has a deviant side and seems like forums are where they get their deviant fix since the Sims 4 lacks consequences. Cool that you noticed it too Cinebar.

lol, I know I would have fun if there were a few like me in my game. The disapproving looks, the crossed arms, the fingers in the ears, the scoffing sounds, lol. Yep I would enjoy a NPC in the game like me. I would have tremendous fun if the game had one half the drama this site does or the way I'm saying something when I'm channeling a comedian but most don't get it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,078 Member
    The game is what you make it though @WillowG145 It doesn't seem like a party pack to me. It is more like a BBQ gathering? The slide looks more like something for kids thru elders!

I love the vibrant colors and looking forward to this! I hope they bring out something you will enjoy too, and I also want the color wheel! Maybe we will get it......one day!

Same for me. I think of the Perfect Patio set as more of a adult themed or romantic setting whereas this one makes me think of family barbecues and kids and teens inviting their friends over to play on the water slide.
  • Options
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    So since the original GIF was supposed to represent the whole quarter, now I'm trying to figure out what *wasn't* in the Backyard Stuff trailer. Seems like everything is coming in the SP, but they said there was more content that would come in patches.

The Nanny NPC is the only thing I can figure, but that's not totally obvious that it's not just a grandma and regular baby. Do you guys see anything in that teaser that wasn't in the SP trailer?
    Only thing not there from what I saw was the old lady and baby, so I'm guessing it's a nanny because seems weird to include them otherwise.

Last teaser didn't show unisex CAS though so idk...maybe we're getting something else that wasn't in the teaser
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Last teaser didn't show unisex CAS though so idk...

People did find a few unisex CAS items in the spring teaser. A female is wearing a male tank top and shoes, I can recall. Among others.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016

lol, I know I would have fun if there were a few like me in my game. The disapproving looks, the crossed arms, the fingers in the ears, the scoffing sounds, lol. Yep I would enjoy a NPC in the game like me. I would have tremendous fun if the game had one half the drama this site does or the way I'm saying something when I'm channeling a comedian but most don't get it. lol
    Why I hope Mrs. Crumplebottom will return someday. XD There is just something nice when things don't go perfect. I am wondering if the new SP will have any deviant elements to it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

People did find a few unisex CAS items in the spring teaser. A female is wearing a male tank top and shoes, I can recall. Among others.
    Oh it was? I remember seeing it in the DO trailer but it's been forever since I saw the first teaser lol
    In that case I'm not sure. Might just be light on content the next two months.
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    On the sims page that has the trailer on the website it says You’ll be able to decorate with everything from spinning wind catchers to spitting frog fountains and scented flowers, all helping set a casual backyard vibe. I wonder if that means sims will react to the new plants. Or am I just reading too much into this? I don't know. Why would the sims say scented flowers?
  • Options

Oh it was? I remember seeing it in the DO trailer but it's been forever since I saw the first teaser lol
    In that case I'm not sure. Might just be light on content the next two months.

Sorry, I lied. It was the DO trailer I was thinking of that had the unisex CAS items. I just checked and the teaser didn't have anything unisex.

That's good news then, because maybe this quarter will have more! I was worried the (maybe) nanny would be it until October. :\