Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »

Now That is a GREAT!!! Teaser, that is the way they all should be, Now I can not wait to get that, it all looks so Wonderful and Fun, :)
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    Yay, this looks good! My elder retired sim will love the wind chimes and bird feeder in her backyard. Backyard pool parties will have more activities.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    Did I just see that the drinks pitcher is the same from spa day only difference is a jug and your sims pour the drinks? :disappointed: I hope not. I was hoping to use fresh produce for sims to get rid of the harvestables. I like the look of the waterslides and bird feeders. But still. Not OMG WOW!
    Now that's a good teaser trailer I think. Much better then a Gif. Thanks for sharing.
    Edited due not wording things right.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Those horrid garish stickers what the heck I don't want my house looking like a cartoon. The bird house is not a new mesh. The drinks tray is not a new mesh. The only thing I'm interested in is the water slide but it looks massive and I never used them in TS3 anyway. They were base game of I'm not mistaken. The CAS looks ok and also the bird feeder I like but overall meh.

Sorry you are not enthused maybe you will pass this one?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Those horrid garish stickers what the heck I don't want my house looking like a cartoon. The bird house is not a new mesh. The drinks tray is not a new mesh. The only thing I'm interested in is the water slide but it looks massive and I never used them in TS3 anyway. They were base game of I'm not mistaken. The CAS looks ok and also the bird feeder I like but overall meh.
    I'm not really excited either. I'd have fun with the water slide for like 2 days and never touch it again (it also looks massive lol)
    The CAS stuff and bird feeder are cool
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I'm not really excited either. I'd have fun with the water slide for like 2 days and never touch it again (it also looks massive lol)

I think it's probably at least 12 tiles long
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    the new fence is kinda cosy tho
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    That waterslide does look pretty big! Looks fun but my sims usually don't have very big backyards so I'm not sure how that'd work out. I do thing the wind chimes are pretty adorable and I love the big patio table. And on second thought it could be pretty fun to add water slides to a community lot for your sims to enjoy. :smile:
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Probably not, I like birds lol
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Yeah the bird feeder might be cool but in real life, birds scare me :/
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Probably not, I like birds lol

Great! Last stuff pack I did a lottery, I hope to be able to do one again, then maybe instead of paying for it, you could win it.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member

Now That is a GREAT!!! Teaser, that is the way they all should be, Now I can not wait to get that, it all looks so Wonderful and Fun, :)
    I think this is not an updated teaser this is the trailer for the stuff pack, probably released early because of the backlash relating to the pack.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

That's about right. Generations had a slip and slid. You can only send your Sim sliding just so many times.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I didn't notice the new fencing at first because I was looking for other content. Kinda homely fencing I like it.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2016
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    The trailer is cute, but...yeah...again party party party... :( quite boring for my taste. Plus the slide was a generations/base game object in the sims 3. Nothing new. Plus, not a fan of the flashy flowers. I was hoping from the teaser that it was pointing to the return of the colour wheel.
    And there aren't even children around in the entire trailer, or I have missed them? Maybe they can't use the slide?

It have a completely different feeling from the teaser. The teaser had a family feeling, this is again the party. :/

a Child is using it at 0:28
  • Options
    That waterslide does look pretty big! Looks fun but my sims usually don't have very big backyards so I'm not sure how that'd work out. I do thing the wind chimes are pretty adorable and I love the big patio table. And on second thought it could be pretty fun to add water slides to a community lot for your sims to enjoy. :smile:

You could always add the slides to the Parks in the area, for your Sims to use, I know I will be doing that, cause My back yards are not big either, :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

Thanks, I have missed it.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Backyard stuff without a sandbox, tic-tac-toe, tree house or swings. *sigh
  • Options

I think this is not an updated teaser this is the trailer for the stuff pack, probably released early because of the backlash relating to the pack.

Either way I am happy with it, yup. :)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    The game is what you make it though @WillowG145 It doesn't seem like a party pack to me. It is more like a BBQ gathering? The slide looks more like something for kids thru elders!

I love the vibrant colors and looking forward to this! I hope they bring out something you will enjoy too, and I also want the color wheel! Maybe we will get it......one day!

• Options
    lejoninna wrote: »

Yup I saw the child as well, and I just think the Bubbles look like a lot of fun as well, :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Neia wrote: »

That's odd, I saw a family in the trailer : parents drinking at the table, children running in the garden, grandma feeding the birds, grandpa trying to impress the youngs.

Okay lets just change party, party, party to just more social circle stuff. Not impressive.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,056 Member
    This SP looks so full and amazing! So fun! Exciting! All that <3
    By the way, I was searching for some Baby update ideas from old threads and they were made in 2014-2015, so the devs definitely have had enough time to make them more like real babies in over a year. They WILL get an update, trust me :sunglasses: