Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I decided to play my legacy founders as teens and they've done a lot in only four irl days! My teen span is 36 days- so that's about three weeks- and young adults are 60 days(because of college). Now I can say my founders have been together since high school <3 They missed walking with their class at their graduation from college because Katie, who was pregnant with the couple's first child, went into labor!

Teens:
    4z9yMog.png

Young adults:
    RfXeKRV.png

New family member in the making:
    g4BsL1J.png

New parents:
    jPBeQo9.png
    CdhqRA6.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Masterson Family: Erytheia

Alexander's little sister Helen came home with me after school on Friday. It's lucky that we get on so well; after all, if I do end up getting married to Alexander, she'll be a relation, and one usually wants to get on well with a partner's family.

zJsGWI8.jpg

Alexander himself came to visit the next day, and I noticed he looked a little sad.
    "Hey, are you OK?" I asked.
    "Yeah, just a little sad. I dunno why."
    "Oh no!"
    I recognised it as a likely teenage mood swing, but I didn't want to treat it as though it were nothing.

gbiXYoV.jpg

"I know what will help you feel better," I smiled, before kissing him.
    "Mmm, yes, this does help," he smiled back. "You're so kind."
    "Soon we'll be old enough to live together," I said.
    "I know, I can't wait," he replied. "It'll be weird not having my parents around, though. I hope we'll be able to deal with adulthood."
    "I'm sure every adult has times when they feel unable to deal with things. Let's not worry about things too much before they happen."

YY5WGie.jpg

That evening, my siblings and I decided to head to the bowling alley in Newcrest.
    "Wow, this place is pretty dead," Xanthe said.
    "Yeah, what a shame," I replied. "We can still have a bowling game, though."
    After a while, though, we lost interest. It felt too odd to be on our own, without any kind of atmosphere save tinny music from a loudspeaker.

zwXSyFN.jpg

On Sunday morning, I happened to be in the bathroom when Mum came in looking annoyed. I panicked, wondering what I'd done wrong.
    "Are you OK, Mum?" I asked tentatively.
    "Sorry for worrying you," Mum said, "I have to research anger for my film role tomorrow."
    "Oh, right," I said.

xRhkOzi.jpg

Later, I headed over to a nearby food stall, and ordered a plate of egg rolls. It was a little chilly and overcast, but it's always nice to support the local food markets. (And besides, egg rolls are delicious).

j4zA3zs.jpg

Masterson Family: Caroline

I know nearly every single spell one can cast, but I don't know much about alchemy. One of the potions I do know is Plentiful Needs... which, given that it maximises all your needs, is pretty darn useful! Peter and I had agreed that it would be nice to purchase a new cauldron, and I tested its mettle by making a batch of the Plentiful Needs potion.

VCwgd9l.jpg

On Monday, after the kids had gone off to school, it was time to head to the film studio for my latest role in Captain Sigma: Olympus Landing. I grabbed a slice of apple pie before heading over to the makeup and costume departments.

4s1y9nw.jpg

Whilst chatting to the director, I noticed that Anastasia had turned up. Although a little surprised, I didn't really mind; there was no rule about friends and family coming on set* and I figured she'd enjoy seeing all that goes into the filmmaking process.

fgdTfbA.jpg

Bzzt! Ah, fighting with laser swords is so much fun!

FOuh8eq.jpg

Whilst still on set, I got a notification on my phone that Simeon Silversweater had died. Wow... there'd be a new Sage of Practical Magic soon.

ZZLEza5.jpg

* I know you can't actually bring other Sims onto a career lot in-game!

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I figured out a way to make the Mua'Pel Am Pod Related in a way that might prevent unwanted romantic interactions.

I basically gave Calum 8 brothers that represent the 6 households inside the pod. As I imagine it, only Kemps is related by blood, but the 5 other households are family because they are members of the same pod.

The First Household, and the oldest family, is the Zalrian Household.

51174093574_d41c792d2e_b.jpg

Within this family tree is Calum and Arihi and their children Dylan, Zephyr, Ember, Juniper, and Jade. Dylan and Zephyr are the Blue Tail Elder Heirs.

51173530323_b5590cb6ed_b.jpg

Because Isla is transgender, Kemps' side of the Zalrian Family tree comes to a dead end. However, Kemps treats the entire pod as his family and is quite busy as the Acting Pod Elder. Needless to say, Kemps and Isla's involvement with the rest of the pod wouldn't leave a lot of time for trying to raise a family.

51173293496_5d92bdbbff_b.jpg

The Second Household, and second oldest family, is the Kailani Household.

Reef and Sara had twin mermen, Kylen and Rylan. Kylen married his husband Aaron, and together, they adopted their son, and White Tail Elder Heir, Lir.

51173530263_f41af3c895_b.jpg

The Third Household, and middle family, is the Kian Household.

Fin and Andria had a son named Lyric. Because Fin chose to take Calden under his fin as an official member of the pod, Calden and Lyric are half-brothers. The fact that Calden's tail is green instead of pink or yellow like Fin and Andria's is proof that they aren't related by blood.

51173530258_a1e181cd67_b.jpg

The Fourth Household is the Savea Household. This family is involved in the mercantile side of the pod and help Kemps run the Undine Emporium. Hawea is married to Nalani, and Nalani has a brother named Anas. The Savea are actually made up of game generated townie merfolk that were outside of the standard trio.

51172628722_7164b95bbd_b.jpg

51173293466_5893627192_b.jpg

The last two households are minor in comparison. They are the Hekekia and Marus Households. Panipo and Ukupanipo are twin brothers. Sid and Vesper Marus are left the pod and moved to Windenburg. The Marus Brothers like to party, enjoy dancing, and love music. Panipo and Ukupanipo like to take it slow at the beach.

I'm kinda impressed that I managed to figure this out without mods.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Keidra the house is beautiful. I especially like the kitchen, and the paintings! Haven't had a butler yet, although I keep thinking I will soon. Honestly I've used the globe bar more than anything else in that pack (and minisprite uses the chandelier and furniture constantly in her builds.)

title-enrollment.png
    It's 8 a.m. on New Year's Day and Truffle just enrolled in her Distinguished Degree at Foxbury before going to bed. Raise a glass!
    We finished up high school. I put a basketball court behind the library for some extra fun and fitness
    basketball.png

The garden is now bearing, so everyone promptly quit their jobs. Life improved immediately.
    garden-bearing.png

Bargain worked on his robotics skill and Truffle overclocked all the computers.
    robotics-and-overclocked.png

When the winter harvest started coming in, we splurged on making the home more homey
    more-homey.png

At the end of winter, everyone became young adults.
    young-adults.png

Truffle was accepted to her distinguished degree, according to plan. She and Bargain are enrolled in rival universities! I think they'll make it work.

Duck got a job.
    duck-career.png

She accepted the work-from-home assignment: crashing an engineering course. She was getting sick. So she changed into her nicest clothes, as you do, and wore her nasty rash to the engineering course.
    accept-work-from-home.png

Bargain and Truffle came along for moral support.
    accept-moral-support.png

While there, Truffle bought some Foxbury gear.
    accept-foxbury-gear.png

And they enjoyed Spirit Day.
    accept-spirit.png

Duck's engineering course miraculously healed her!
    accept-healed.png

They bought a bar to celebrate, and threw a great New Year's Eve party.
    party.png

It begins...
    it-begins.png

University experiment thread is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17877929
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Keidra Welcome back! So much toddler cuteness! Caleb looks nice with that hair. Hope you're feeling better!
    I get into control freak mode when there are toddlers in a household so I don't get too many tantrums. But it does make toddlers a lot of work some days. I'm about to play three households in a row with them.

@Becka28 Anton seems like a nice sim, but it is nice to see Quin and Rohan back together.
    Thank you for your comments! I love Lucas in the beard too. That was my first time using the taste of diet. It did exactly what I needed it to! But I can appreciate a sim being confident enough with his body to avoid it. :) Your mention of Brock and Alana took me back a couple of years. How are they doing?
    Poor Parker, he looks so sad. Sounds like Mirabelle is making good progress on her challenge goals, though she's not quite as sweet to read about as her parents.

@DeafSimmer The new generation are so cute both as toddlers and as children! Lovely wedding also.

@Lucy_Henley Looks like the family had a couple of fun vacations in a row! I think every sims camping trip has a fire at some point.
    I find conflict resolution kind of hard to get into the green as a teen. I always have to get a head start with teaching them to say sorry as a child. I also like to have the children play with the doctor set for empathy, because that can be a pain as a teen also. I agree manners and responsibility are the easiest. Emotional control goes up pretty regularly from writing in the journal, but I also like "play with emotion" as a child for a headstart there also.
    I like your shots of the movie set.

@Simburian I had the same thing with the park in San Myshuno! I'm thinking maybe because they're in their own little sub-hoods where the only lot is a park.

@Jyotai Some couples do seem too perfect together to sacrifice in the name of drama. Hope your reunion went well.

@Thrior So he doesn't like his food well done, huh? I could see a whole story playing out of the reluctant hero vampire who always has to save his food before he can eat it.

@zheplays What cuties!

@AlwaysAsking Thanks for your comments! Your Alexander looks more like mine than they usually do! I enjoyed watching his makeover played out. I'm glad you came back in time for the Miami Vice outfit comment, as I knew you'd get it!

@DoodlyDoofus The ghost and the hysterical screaming made me lol. Glad they let the ghosts handle the fighting. Why kill family when the family already has so many other victims in its past, and probably future?

@Lyrie Nice to see the Stones happy!

@sarabeth2984 Thank you for your comments! I didn't know they'd made changes to the water balloon fight. Did they do that to improve the snowball fights for SE? I'll have to check it out. Love Clint and Rosie in the western outfits! I always have a look around at the restaurants to find my other sims too.

@BlueSeaWaves Thanks for your comments! You caught up with a lot of posts at once! I'm happy for Arthur that everyone has been so welcoming. I worry about Archie and Anna though. She did really mess up when they were younger, part of me wants him to forgive her but more for Arthur's sake than hers. Either way, they're both in their son's life now!

@Dianesims That was a pretty cool idea! Thanks for sharing. I might have to try that sometime.

@GrimlyFiendish I hope you get to play again soon!

@Metior_Ice I enjoyed your trip to Selvadorada! Islander's Day was a neat read also. I like the way you've put so much thought into your traditions for the elements.

@Duvelina Cool story hook!

@sunblond I enjoyed your last entry! Nice to hear Grandpa is going to be there for the new baby when it comes. Good luck to Roxanne with all the teen angst and romance.

@AmeliaTodd That sounds like a lot of chaos! But that's part of what makes the game fun.

@ThaPhoenix1 Welcome to the thread! Congratulations to the happy couple.

@mightysprite Sounds like a neat experiment. I'll be curious to see the results. Lol at the Harvestfest milestones.

And now for just a quick update of the Andreas family in San Myshuno. They moved into a penthouse, and put a rocket on top. Super safe.
    w9jbjFU.png

More under the spoiler for loading times.
    Spice festival
    4rKAxdU.png

Adam Andreas was about to age up, and his girlfriend Yuki won't age until I get to her household, so they exchanged promise rings to symbolize their intent to wait for her birthday to be together again.
    AuU13oN.png

Then they messed around in the closet at the karaoke club.
    OHH6o4F.png

Don't tell him what his parents were up to in there earlier.
    dlAOYBw.png

Then Adam had a birthday. They had hamburger cake because I just got the digital deluxe upgrade on sale so hamburger cake is a thing we can do now.
    bbu0BMH.png

Later they went out for Mexican. I kinda love how absolutely no effort was made to make the burritos in the game look appetizing.
    XiXvKMM.png

I still think Adam looks 15. And I took some shots to see how much he looks like Pierce. Seems to me they have the same nose and chin, but different forehead and maybe lips.
    fGT2EBk.png
    bCNMoaV.png

Anyway, the baby faced YA joined the political career. Dating the orphaned Yuki Behr has made him realize that not everyone has the simoleans they need to live, so he's gone with the Simoleans for Everyone cause (or however it's worded in game). Here he is painting his first political mural. Cousin Farrah doesn't look impressed.
    MvbEpIx.png
    RBe3dGs.png

For big game day they had the Delgatos over and enjoyed the new game room in the penthouse.
    nPEjjck.png
    E2NgthI.png
    Despite that last picture, Adam and Pierce won at foosball.

The Delgato and Andreas families are extremely related. Not only did Pierce marry the sister of Evie's husband, but their sons both ended up with the Behr sisters. Well, Darius and Candy are married, and Adam and Yuki are promised, anyway.
    It was basically a "passing time" kind of week, where they worked on careers and aspirations and Adam aged up and started his YA career, and they celebrated a holiday and not much else happened. There will be a bit more story next time when Yuki is also a YA.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    Good job!
    Just be aware this game is not smart or capable of extensive familial calculations. So, tldr eventually the game will stop recognising them as related even though it should, so it won't solve your problem forever if your tree gets too expansive.

As an example. Ezio had Cecily had Gabriel. Ezio's brother is Morgyn. Gabriel can flirt with Morgyn. I *think* I remember seeing romance interactions open on cousins, might've been second-cousins, so Gabriel and Kristyn (Morgyn's daughter), which given Gabriel can flirt with Morgyn, that's not surprising. Anyway. Eventually it also stops calculating direct line and I think it's at great grandparents.
    Just, fair warning. So it doesn't take you by surprise later.

@mightysprite
    Thanks! All the paintings are easel paintings, I use a replacement mod for them from MTS. c: I also tend to focus most on kitchens, and I guess because I play Caleb a lot lol idk. He has a fancy kitchen in the Morgenstern legacy too so there's that.

@Daephene
    Thank you! Caleb *does* look good in that hair. He's keeping it. xD
    And yeah me too. Especially in legacies because I'm a goal-oriented in-it-to-win-it type of player, toddlers take care of their needs and then sit their butts down and play tablet. And the sad thing is this game is written in such a way as any other way of teaching them skills eventually makes them sad or angry. So the tablet is the best way to teach toddlers skills.
    But in the Libergyn-Draziandra save, the toddlers are left to do whatever they want, since ageing is off. lol today, Ezra asked Liberty to read him a book. She complied. He got sad about it.
    YOU asked for the book! Omg. xD
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @Daephene Thank you, I hope so too. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    I found a pretty useful mod that allows you to raise any character value by writing in the journal, there are five interactions, each raising a different one. You can also write in the journal to lower the values too. Erytheia is officially on track to earn all five positive values! Most of them were earned pre-mod as I only just installed it. The only one that needed pushing into the “earn the trait” range was Conflict Resolution and it was already pretty close. Xanthe is currently on track to just earn two, but her Emotional Control is pretty high and she could also push Conflict Resolution to that level too if I get her to use her journal a lot... Empathy is nowhere near the “earn trait” level but it is at least vaguely positive :D:D
    I honestly never put a huge amount of effort into the character values, since Manners is easy to earn if you introduce yourself in a friendly way and clean dishes, and Responsibility is easy to earn through doing homework and school projects; filling pet bowls also helps. But now I will make more of an effort to do stuff like teaching toddlers and children to say sorry and so on.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    Good job!
    Just be aware this game is not smart or capable of extensive familial calculations. So, tldr eventually the game will stop recognising them as related even though it should, so it won't solve your problem forever if your tree gets too expansive.

As an example. Ezio had Cecily had Gabriel. Ezio's brother is Morgyn. Gabriel can flirt with Morgyn. I *think* I remember seeing romance interactions open on cousins, might've been second-cousins, so Gabriel and Kristyn (Morgyn's daughter), which given Gabriel can flirt with Morgyn, that's not surprising. Anyway. Eventually it also stops calculating direct line and I think it's at great grandparents.
    Just, fair warning. So it doesn't take you by surprise later.

@Keidra That's good to know. For now, it seems to have fixed my problem. I think the Kailani family will likely experience problems then because that's my Legacy Family.

@Daephene Thank you. I tried to make Islander's Day centered around the Four Elements because of the hidden Elementals from Island Living. Sunday sometimes has a Family Day event. My favorite Sulani Festivals are the Flowers and Music Festival and the Island Celebration Festival. The Fishing Tournament is pretty fun too. I only have three more households in Sulani for this cycle of rotation, so I'm going to miss the Islands. :'(
  • Options
    During my play session on 12th May 2020, Erytheia and Xanthe were born.
    Now, exactly a year later, they have just become young adults, and are currently living in Britechester awaiting the results of their scholarship and university applications! Oh yes, and Alexander lives with them too.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2021
    The last few weeks have been harrowing in Willow Creek, as an epidemic popularly known as the Strangefever has ballooned in town. Affected Sims lose skin coloration as well as mental and physical coordination, and develop an insatiable appetite for...other people. Predictably, the affected have been called zombies by unkind persons. Strangefever expert Gordon Freeman has advised the mayor, Gia Caliente, that the Fever develops from spores produced by an alien plant which has overtaken a lab in Strangetown. The military has been unable to find a way to remove the plant. Although Strangeville is under strict lockdown, someone has apparently visited it within the last month.

Who the first victim was in Willow Creek is unknown, but the spores have affected virtually everyone at this point. The Mayor has made supplies of the anti-sporal treatment readily available, but with so many victims moaning and shambling in the streets, nibbling on people in bars and in the gym, it’s almost seemed like a losing battle. Some citizens have taken more direct (armed) measures into hand, though the Mayor has urged discretion. Main Street has been subject to several waves of Strangevic attacks, and several citizens have distinguished themselves in patrolling and aggressively countering the threat: Primo Lothario, Ivan Pleasant, Caterina Pleasant, and Iosefina Lothario have all been lauded by the Mayor for service in the fight against the Fever. The Mayor urges all Sims to stay at home whenever possible and report Strangevic sightings as soon as possible. Sulani, which is reported as completely overrun by Strangevics, is off-limits and the Mayor has suspended the ferry service until further notice. She is working to establish a larger, more aggressive Strangevic Patrol to hasten the day we can go out and not be afraid of being eaten.

====

I installed the Zombie Apocalypse mod. Following my 'story', I made a Strangetown sim into a zombie, then moved her to Willow Creek and just...played. It didn't take long at all for gym visits to become nightmarish. Hilarity ensued, though, when I realized my Strangetown zombie starter was also infected by the Mother, so..uh, yeah. A zombie doing that possessed walk is something to see.
  • Options
    Introducing the Eon Household. They aren't native to Sulani, but it's home to them none the less.

Helios ate mermadic kelp, but the merfolk and alien biology didn't mix. Helios experienced a mutation that overrode his alien biology making him a unique variant of Alien Merfolk.

Helios Eon Disguise

51174643263_bd05737a3c_b.jpg

Helios Eon

51174418336_cd924c99a7_b.jpg

Kalama is Helios and Nui's sister. She's a born comedian and made plenty of jokes about Helios's mutation. The humor was good natured, so Helios doesn't hold a grudge against her.

Kalama Eon Disguise

51175510690_ef1243612a_b.jpg

Kalama Eon

51173741622_d8e6d16bcf_b.jpg

Nui is an ambitious materialist. He loves buying new things and enjoys career success. He's the oldest brother and looks after his little brother and little sister. Nui was the one that dared Helios to eat mermadic kelp. Nui did not know that the strange kelp would have the effect it had on his brother.

Nui Eon Disguise

51174418321_68ba5e2193_b.jpg

Nui Eon

51174418306_49ebb3209d_b.jpg

• Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Capp 2: As I promised, Gonril's branch of the Capp family is next. I've just started them, but here we have toddler Ariel, after one of her many nightmares she has, goes to see who is at the door. And decides to greet resident Sims 4 vampire, Lilith, with a hug.
    05-11-21-8-21-47-PM.png

Since Miranda had the urge to use a bold pick up line, I decided to go searching for a boy to use it on. That's when I found Akira/Joker from Persona 5. It seems that she's caught his heart.
    05-12-21-9-04-52-PM.png

Miranda might not be the prettiest teen Sim, but she's managed to snag her first kiss.
    05-12-21-9-10-53-PM.png
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    So my doctor's nurse lady rings me up today and is like, so your vitamin D is low, we're gonna put you on a prescription strength vitamin D supplement, and then we're gonna put you on 325mg ferrous sulfate every other day and I'm like. Are you NUTS?! I need you to understand, I get iron toxicity at 45mg. And she goes. ... oh. Uhhh. Well let me talk to the doctor then... yeah....... you do that..... trynna KILL me omg.

I hate being the techie person. I mean, yeah, I get that I can code in my head and made my own software but how does that equate to fixing a stupid laptop?! YES, I actually can! But that doesn't mean I want to! Also, I am NOT the system administrator for dad's girlfriend's laptop! I'M JUST NOT.

(For anyone curious, her hard drive's got a bad boot sector so now her computer won't boot. I can do some fancy mojo jojo and save it. Am I going to? Naaaaah. I'm a nice person buuuuuut... rule #1. Don't work for free.)

Anyway, more Morgenstern legacy. Caleb and Ezio are skittish deer in different ways, so this romance is burning a ... a lot, actually, slow, a lot slow...

I'm eventually going to get in here and make a bunch of Sims, or like try, because I'm partially face-blind and have a lot of trouble creating original Sims, so. We'll see how it goes. I'd say I have a bunch of unplayed old Sims but actually, I'm relatively sure I've lost most of them. Last year sometime I had my entire tray go missing, so, that's nice. I may have copies of them somewhere in an old save but I'd have to dig up all my old saves and ugh. Yeah. Ugh is a way of wording it.

Anyway, I want to turn on MCCC's tray importer, so the game stops giving me randomised aliens. It loooooves to generate aliens. Why? Just why.

I had to take a break from the Libergyn-Draziandra save because Drake and Cassandra's relationship with Ezio is dropping and I'm sort of mad about it. It's probably because he works constantly, and this game wasn't designed for polyamory, so maintaining their relationships with each other can be tricky when one of them works, so, yeah. Sigh. But fixing it smelled a lot like effort anyway, and I'm an unbelievable amount of tempted to just split the poly up.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-00-46-44.jpg
    Morgyn started coming by a lot so we just gave the nerd a key. Seemed more efficient. Morgyn only ever comes over to see Ezio anyway.
    TS4-x64-2021-05-11-23-42-08.jpg
    Ezio is like... two. And he actually likes to spend a lot of time playing in the bathtub. ... honestly, I don't even know why, but alright. And yeah, Ezio's gotten to the point we have like 135k in the bank and 72k on-hand, so we're really not hurting for money anymore. Luxury whirlpool jet spa bathtubs? Yes.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-00-48-47.jpg
    Well, Morgyn did do an introduction to Caleb so now they know each other. But then Ezio walked in the room and Caleb suddenly grabbed him into the conversation and started flirting with him, like "Hey Morgyn I'm taken okay?"
    Don't worry. Morgyn's got a Mrs. Ember. c; That'd be Mrs. Liberty Ember of course.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-01-30-39.jpg
    Occasionally Morgyn looks at me. I'm pretty sure Morgyn suspects simulation. Keep Morgyn away from Bella, or they'll start an uprising. (You don't want to live in this world. Trust me. Yours is nicer, Morgs.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-13-26-47.jpg
    So I sent Caleb and Ezio on another date, this time to an old favourite (Nine East by ID: silrosse). I'm sorry if I typo in silly ways or repeat letters unnecessarily, I got a new keyboard and it's a little more sensitive than my old one. Anyway, I Do Not regret dressing Ezio in that Whatsoever.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-13-32-50.jpg
    "I'm gonna mess your hair up later. c; c;"

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-13-33-01.jpg
    "Iiiii'mmmmmmmmm not sure if elated or scared, to be honest..."

(You get that with Ezio a lot, Caleb, don't worry.)
    Caleb caught a smitten sentiment while they were out on their date and Ezio did not, but that's not surprising to me. He's actually somewhat resistant to getting those, and that really just solidified my impression of Ezio as being on the grey-ace spectrum (I made him demi).

He and Caleb don't really woohoo a lot. He doesn't woohoo any more frequently with Cassandra or Drake, either, actually.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-13-58-20.jpg
    (Apparently he was into it.)

Going for neck kisses is absolutely a power move when you're a vampire. Or were a vampire.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-17-26-37.jpg
    "Why are you Not messing up my makeup?!"

(He'll get there sweetie.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-19-46-37.jpg
    Morgyn came by again, and spent like 3 hours talking and being Around. lol

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-20-15-16.jpg
    These things Love to break. Sigh. At least Ezio's still really good at fixing things.

Also a power move: fixing things in them heels.

TS4-x64-2021-05-12-20-44-59.jpg
    And then Ezio did as Ezio does.

It's not surprising Caleb caught the smitten sentiment first. Whoever is dating Ezio usually catches it first, ngl. He's just an all-around charming dude. I mean, I definitely understand why my Morgyn broke like that, Ezio's hard to out-anything honestly.
    I was going through old screenshots remembering how things in old saves have gone cause I've had a lot of saves and a lot of them had the Embers in them (they've honestly been a very central part of my gameplay since... ... probably November 2019).
    Fun Facts You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know:
    1. Caleb met Ezio first. He didn't meet Morgyn for... quite some time after actually.
    2. Cassandra and Morgyn were angling romance-y before I created Ezio. She decided she was gonna get her some Ezio. Cassie occasionally still gets adoring sentiments for Morgyn but if I try and nudge them romance-y, she's not interested. My Morgandra thought it was going to sail, and then sank in the harbour.
    3. Liberty was the first Sim to successfully woo Morgyn, and I wasn't even trying? She mostly did it herself.
    4. Morgyn loved to stalk my played dark haired dark eyed Asian girls. I guess Asian girl is my Morgyn's type. (No wonder Morgyn likes Avery.)
    5. Ezio's name was originally Damian Wyatt. I only made him because I wanted to know how many Morgynisms remained in a Morgyn copy, and I did Not intend to keep playing him, so his name was randomly generated.
    6. Esmeralda, Ezio and Cassandra's daughter, is the first child either of the Embers ever had. Ezra, Morgyn and Liberty's, was the second.
    7. For six saves straight, L Faba kept claiming Don Lothario. He randomly got smart and ran to Penny Pizzazz and has not left her since. He doesn't even cheat on her. He doesn't even have *friends* besides her. I guess L traumatised him.
    8. My Lilith is always very heavily female interested, and the first Sim she dated was Summer Holiday. That's how I ended up falling in love with Liberty.
    9. The first original vampire Sim I ever created was Sarnai Nirun. She's actually a very nice Sim in-game, so I'm not entirely sure how she ended up the villain of my story. LOL
    10. I still have the original Of Frost and Fire save from back when it was still just TMA. That save is how I figured out my game leans Caleb x Ezio, because I enabled a poly quad between Morgyn-Caleb-Cassandra-Ezio and Caleb and Ezio were the only ones doing romance interactions.
    11. Ezio cosplays Noctis Lucis Caelum occasionally. It suits him.
    12. Ezio's main colours eventually became grey and black, but were originally white and purple.
    13. I'd been making my own hairs for probably months before I finally de-cheesed Morgyn's blond. Why did that take so long??
    14. My Embers have always been French. Most people went "Morgyn, Morgan, Irish, Morgyn's Irish," but I took one look at the blondie and went "You look French as hekkkkkkk." I threw the Viking in later because I love Norse stuff. The Japanese happened on a whim.
    15. One time, amid doing screencaps for TMA/OFAF, Morgyn met Morgyn. I'm pretty sure that's where my default Morgyn broke. Son looked sus as heck and I was like "Oh crud."
    16. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out Ezio is goth. *I'm* goth, that's ridic. I'm fairly sure he didn't go goth until February or March of 2020, so it took me around 3-4 months to figure it out. Nice.
    17. I'm an intellect boat and it took me probably half a year after the initial Calio take-off in my game to finally realise Caleb and Ezio were undressing each other with their eyes. And the only reason why is because somehow the Sims RP site I ran ended up Calio instead of Cagyn, and I got curious if it'd hold up in the game. And THEN realised it'd already happened before.
    18. I learnt to make hairstyles because I wanted specific things out of the Embers' hairs. I've not made any other hairs but theirs.
    19. I learnt to mod because polyamory in this game frustrates me to no end. (And toddlers.)
    20. I've mostly quit doing polys in TS4 because despite being Capable of doing it, it doesn't work well, and it eventually makes me angry. Draziandra is the only one I will still do because, somehow, they learnt how to handle themselves around each other and wouldn't actually flirt with one another in a 3-way convo.
    21. Cassandra Goth is the first Sim that I've played that displayed the ability to learn. She pursued Ezio mostly on her own, and learnt to take things at his pace, she tried a few high-level flirts and when he reacted negatively, she dialed it back until the bar was higher.
    22. My Morgyn originally started out a transman. At some point amid TMA, and if you're paying attention you can see exactly where it changed, I dropped the pronouns. (Ezio kept telling me to and I was like "No? No.") And suddenly everything clicked into place and made sense, and I realised my Morgyn's agender. From then on, I've almost 100% stopped using gendered words to refer to Morgyn where possible. I occasionally still drop a he here and there primarily because of laziness.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Bargain had the first class, so he got to find the departure point. Turns out it’s in front of the Pleasants' house, 50 minutes' walk away. Or 30 minutes’ jog. I never know if they are going to walk or run, and they don’t yet have enough fitness skill for me to specify “Jog here.” But it’s lovely watching them go over the bridge in the spring sunshine. I love this part of Britechester.
    title-jogging-to-class.png

On Monday of spring, Duck started her career as an Apprentice of Algorithms. She earns S38/hour for 9 hours 5 days a week. She has the techie lifestyle, which creates a big boost to performance, it turns out. Her performance is always excellent.
    duck-lifestyle-helps-work-performance.png

Getting her to robotics level 3 was a pretty big hurdle at first though. It took a couple of days to do that. On Wednesday she was promoted to Cog in the Machine. $49/hour, 9 hours 5 days a week.
    duck-promotion.png
    Yeah!

Duck mainly built her robotics skill by reading the skill book. Duck may be the smartest one of the bunch.
    electrocute-safer-approach.png

Truffle got all excited at the utili-bot contest
    utilibots-dancing.png

and met a real live servo! (also a blond guy named Hiroto)
    utilibots-met.png

And then she came home and… well, she puts the “cute” in “electrocute”
    electrocute-working.png
    electrocute-shock.png

Maybe I’ll go work on my term paper instead
    electrocute-dazed.png

The instant she touched the computer, it broke. Go to bed, girl! Brother took over the computer situation.
    electrocute-b-fixes-computer.png

Truffle might not be cut out for robotics.

She and Bargain both got their presentations to Excellent quality and gave them on the first day of the term, so that’s out of the way. Term papers are next. They’re hard at work, but still socializing
    socializing-and-writing.png

Angela keeps coming over and calling Bargain. It’s always Bargain that she calls. He’s started to be a little more open to connecting with her. They had a sort of intimate dinner
    angela-keeps-coming-over-and-calling.png

And then she didn’t go home. Even after being sent home. She spent the night watching TV and cleaning the grill repeatedly.
    Awkward hellos with sister in the morning
    angela-was-still-there-in-the-morning.png

I thought she would at least go home to sleep but I guess not. What is she avoiding at home?
    angela-what-is-she-avoiding-at-home.png

While asleep on the couch, she called Bargain to invite him on a date (?)
    date-invitation.png

Sure! Yes, okay! Will this get you off my couch?

They went on their date but a lot of the conversation turned out awkward. Angela left embarrassed.

And then she came over and was randomly angry at Bargain. Maybe he doesn’t need this?
    angela-angry.png

They went to the humor and hijinks festival. Truffle flirted with Hiroto a little more. She told an unusually powerful flirtatious joke in a group conversation and suddenly Mortimer Goth noticed her in a big way… hmmm
    humor-and-hijinks-accidentally-more-romantic-interests.png

They helped the Pranksters win at the festival. They collected their prize money, sold the voodoo dolls and fireworks, and that combined with the garden income (yes Duck, your 3 days of paychecks helped a little bit) paid for a nice renovation to the house. They now have a dining room, a downstairs half bath, 3 bedrooms, and a couple of other amenities.
    reno-exterior.png
    reno-floor-1.png
    reno-floor-2.png

my "is a college degree worth it" experiment thread is here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989653/is-a-college-degree-worth-it-an-experiment#latest
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AngeliqueAdelaide your post about the sim electrocuting themselves at work made me laugh. I think it was the normal Sunday comment that made me lose it. I am glad that I am not the only one who picks up urns and "revives"the owner - or lives with the ghost etc.

@mightysprite was not expecting there to be a name pun so Duck, Truflle and Bargain caught me offguard. That is awesome sim naming!

@Metior_Ice I really enjoyed Calden's story - he is such a little sweetie. I enjoyed readig about everything he did. Even if he never learns about the fishing competition and makes the same mistakes each time LOL.
    Now the mermaidic alien looks very attractive. Can't wait to hear about them. Actually just got to your next post - I adore the name Helios Eon - is a great science fictiony name. And I feel your struggles with genealogy and not intermarrying. I am actually on the 9th gen for my Not so Berry save and my sims are practically related to every sim in game. (I use MCC to pull in library sims to freshen the world but sometimes there just aren't any nice young adults that aren't somewhere on my family tree). I have bought in a no 1st or second cousins rule and just ignore relationships beyond that for the sake of some choice in partner.

@Lucy_Henley love the laser swod fighting screenshot

@Daephene I a not a Mirabele fan and she nearly broke me and caused me to give up on the NSB challenge (I didn't and am on gen 9). She is not my preferred style of play. Brock and Alana sit on my USB being sad that I don't play them any more. They suffer from first generation problems - they are getting old and its time to move on with Walter the second gen but I don't want them to get old etc so it just sits there. Once I get past my first gen I am fine. Also its one of my oldest saves so I am just resting on it (like the Minty and Malcolm save).
    The shot of the rocket ship on the Penthouse is beautiful - although I agree with your safety concerns.

@Smellincoffee I have never used that mod but it always looks fun. I liked your description of your game play.

@Keidra always love some Ezio updates. Guess I have the smitten for Ezio too LOL. I am not that commited to my footwear to do chores in heels though! I have a sim that always turns and breaks the fourth wall - like he knows I am in charge and he's like what the - why did you let that happen? He is an evil sim and would probably adore Morgyn and heir attitude to life (and relationships etc) I was very glad Morgyn was 5 generations dead before this sim was born or my game could have got out of control.

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Lyrie
    Quin and Anton had some CAS only children (they are on the gallery under the name Nilsson)
    Their genes couldn't help making nice sons. Here are the very first 2 generated. I generated about 10 and none of them were ugly or weird looking.
    DJowQSP.png?1Af9ELXp.png?1
    The female children were a different story I generated and generated children and they all were weird in some way - tiny heads, eyes 3 times the size they should be, zero chins (combinations of these togther - I amost gave up but managed to get 2 nice ones...
    NX25bVM.png?1Ce5WmUL.png?1
    I wonder if its because they are 2 masculine sims that it confused the genetics?

Quin and Rohan update
    previous update

Just because you are on honeymoon doesn't mean you can't spend time teaching your dog to fetch.
    mBUkv0B.png
    I love Mt Komorebi - it is beautiful.
    dkPhR5G.png
    I was playing Rohan because Quin was signing autographs.
    X4rAHu0.png
    Suddenly Rohan cancelled all his queued up actions and leapt on a vending machine viciously - this was weird as I hadn't made him buy anything
    g5h2Gld.png
    Aaaaaaarggghhh - are my bad dreams of losing Rohan about to come true.
    9DM2cgf.png

R U ok Rohan
    Thankfully it was ok. (I think they nerfed the daeth to near impossible on this anyway.)
    yQpgDSW.png
    Quin doesn't look amused - I think he was as worried as me.
    ZjozrCX.png
    The mystery of Rohan's behaviour explained - Quin had tried to buy something earlier and the machine ate his money. No one disrespects Rohan's Quin in front of Rohan LOL
    Yyx2SAC.png
    Poor boy is embarrassed
    5u8rx4l.png
    Luckily Quin likes that Rohan tried to be his knight in shining armour.
    l1xpCsr.png
    Quin nudges the machine and it gives him his food (which he wouldn't even eat after all of that!)
    BDfzz7Z.png

On the slopes
    today Rohan tried skiing
    2swzshG.png
    and Quin snowboarding
    0eADWeX.png
    but they soon switched back to their original choices and began to build their skills
    7cVDPmV.png
    ir1YQw7.png
    iKmbuPY.png

Apres skiing
    They decided to go for dinner at a local bar. Here they are trying to look like two normal guys who would go to the bar and looking very out of place LOL This has to be one of my favourite shots of these two.
    kFO1lQ5.png
    They had a nice meal (or flirt LOL) please ignore Beowoof eating off the floor in the background.
    ZhNYlxq.png
    And this IS my favourite shot so far - Quin has just drawn a card and is demonstrating his amazing poker face while having a wonderful time enjoying Rohan's company. And Rohan is just looking at Quin like he is the most amazing person in the world because he does think that way :) And he doesn't mind that he has to fake being surprised when Quin wins (becasue he let him.) It sums them up really well.
    zsFwgKc.png
    This guy couldn't get over how Rohan was losing when it was obvious what cards Quin had and how to beat him. The guy actually tried to tell Rohan off - I love the NPCs sometimes. Rohan tried to get him to shush - he doesn't want Quin to know whats happening as it would spoil things.
    HqgwT7o.png
    more flirting - which is better than cards anyway
    YqOHliB.png
    They got home and Rohan sat and stared at Quin doing the washing up like this.
    S23jktk.png
    And because the floor food and flirting with the bar customers had exhausted Beowoof - Quin and Rohan actually were able to have a romantic honeymoon moment.
    b9Axkmm.png
    NueaPMW.png
    4OBrJ1D.png
    But privacy from Beowoof was shortlived
    Ei7pARR.png

The next day
    another daily walk - to make sure Beowoof is happy
    nhplqg4.png
    A hideous creature attacked Rohan
    XXZGfT1.png
    and an even worse creature attacked Quin
    EZHII9A.png
    They had to have a huge soccer session to recover
    MudY9kN.png
    Today they decided to learn rockclimbing instead of snow sports
    87SqWaF.png
    This sums up how well they did - this skill is incredibly slow to build!
    BPSLy1D.png

Apres climbing
    Quin and Rohan are not used to failing at sports and it shows. Their cute sulky faces.
    262QBo0.png
    ePN81Jw.png
    Luckily, Quin can't be sad for long and cheered Rohan up with some outrageous stories
    eBx0CO8.png
    and the evening improved significantly
    qp4boFt.png
    F9eaQxu.png
    k6hy1Zl.png
    Beowoof sensed love was in the air and decided to intervene - they weren't tricking him twice.
    NAHnRgV.png

• Options
    @mightysprite I also love the names Duck, Truffle and Bargain Hunter :D
    @DeafSimmer I love Eilonwy and Rosalinda’s hair! I’m a redhead myself so I’m always partial to redheaded Sims... hence the Mastersons :D My hair colour is closer to Rosalinda’s colour than Eilonwy’s, I’m more auburn. So Zelda is the headmistress of the Magic Academy... does Braeden have a role at the school, given that he was there when Lucian was summoned?
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Ok, sorry all, I’d hoped to keep up but ended up having a bad reaction to trying to wean off of a medication. It’s so bad I’ve actually given up for a while. I’m sick of feeling sick. So I’ll try to catch up over the next few days. I finally feel well enough to concentrate. 😊

@Metior_Ice
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    And, yes, making an Alien Merman is not easy. First, I had to make a half-alien, and the only way to do that was to have an Alien and Human sim make a baby. Then, I sped up the aging, used a few cheats for childhood traits, and then, I had to make the sim eat mermadic kelp. For the merman form to have an Alien's skin tone, I had to do some manual edits. Needless to say, the process cut into actual game time, so I had to also reset the season to reset the rotation.
    Wow, that all sounds like a huge p I t a! But hey! It worked! Lol, very cool

@Lyrie

Awwww, Max is turning out to be such a great dad! I was worried for nothing. Well ok, maybe not for nothing, lol, since I know what his mom was like. But he’s quite amazing, and it’s a good thing too, because I sure know what all that throwing up means. 😊

I’m looking at an update on pg 858, yeah, as said, I’m not keeping up like I’d hoped to, sheesh. But that’s cute that you said that maybe Max is catching on to something. Lol. And yes! Rainbow is doing really well! Cleaning things up herself, taking naps when she needs to, working on projects, and asking for help if she needs it. Lol I’ll tag you elsewhere too

@BlueSeaWaves

Lol! Thank you! Yes, the line about Gunther Munch just came to me as I looked at that awful outfit he aged into. And lol! A real life example of Big Don and Dreamy Don. That’s funny. My brother was older than me, but he was also a major scr** up 🤣 so I helped him more often than he helped me. I can’t tell you how much your post here is going to help me go back in time to find some of the updates I look for! Lol thank you!

The drama sure arrived in your game. Archie knows about Arthur and Sammy now!
    By the time she finished explaining everything to him, Archie was angry all over again. He couldn't believe it, she was dating Sammy behind his back while they were dating and in the end she was only looking out for herself when she got pregnant. Why was she with him now? Was she just humoring him
    It has been a while since I read any stories, so
    I myself can’t remember how and why Anna ended up with Archie instead of Sammy. I hope it’s because she loves him. I want them to be able to make it together because of Arthur. I’m sure no one expects to hear an adoptive home is not good. Those families are usually well researched. I’d know, because we adopted our daughter, and they found out everything about us before letting us have her.

I guess it’s good that she came clean about Sammy. It doesn’t sound like she actually needed to, but why not get all the lies out of the picture? I hope things work out Sylvia seems happy about Arthur. And Archie likes him. So I’m crossing my fingers!

@Brd709
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I’m still waiting for my laptop to come back from the Lenovo service centre. I miss playing this game!
    Oh my gosh! How long have you been waiting? I hope you get it back soon.

@Lady_Earth
    Lady_Earth wrote: »
    @AlwaysAsking - I'm glad you're liking it. It's amazing what Sims (like Viola) will do even if you don't influence it.
    It’s the autonomous things that happen in this game that makes me love it so much!

@Becka28

Lol! I love the irony in your Quin and Anton save. The minute you mentioned the suits and Anton’s plans I knew what happened, and I started laughing then. I’m glad you exorcised your Rohan demons, but you need to at least share screenshots of their wedding if they have one, ok? I’d love to see their wedding attire. Anton strikes me as a “top hat and tails” sort of man. 😊🥰 (edit. I wrote this part of these comments so long ago that they might be married by now. I’m going to try to look forward through the thread and catch up again)

As a surprise for you (and help for me) I added a teen Quin, (from the set with his siblings in your gallery) to my game. This story I'm sharing is still in my poses save though, so it is not the ultimate destination of Quin in my saves. He will be joining Rohan in my save with all the premades having children. I’ve been asking and asking folks who mccc marries Rohan to, because he’s so much younger than the rest of the teens when you start a new save, I think Cassandra is closest, and she’s at least 5 days older than him.

So far Malcolm, Luna, and Hugo have aged to YA, Luna glommed onto Malcolm at his age up party. You know how she is with older men. So she’ll be marrying him. I did not choose anyone for Hugo yet. Suggestions are appreciated. But, at least I finally have an answer to my Rohan question! I was beginning to wonder if I should match him with a child who was about to become a teen, and then wait for that teen to become a YA. But so far only Alexander has done that, and that plan doesn’t seem very viable.

When he arrived in my game I took him to a park where I knew that one of the clubs that Rohan belongs to meets. Rohan noticed him quickly And Rohan was the first person Quin autonomously interacted with! It was a funny video indeed, from what I could see, lol

NL3XLYx.jpg

My shots of Becka28’s Quin in this spoiler!
    I believe that he would have spent more time with Rohan, who seemed to want to spend time with him, but, well, there is a problem. My save includes a teen J Huntington III. Quin had to “show off outfit” to Young J 2x in a row!

0fwQ75U.jpg

It was convoluted. Quin paid attention to J, Rohan paid attention to Quin. it’s hard to tell, but Quin is staring at J in the third picture. He did notice that Rohan fell and he did have to be dramatic about it! The evening ended with Rohan clearly interested in Quin. I thought Quin was interested in him, but there were so many young men around that it was too confusing for his rather flitty personality.

0zpEoBT.jpg

I needed a way for Quin to be around just Rohan, so I made Rohan a club that had he and two little girls in it, that had fishing and chess for activities. It met at the park in Willow Creek. Then I took Quin there to wait for him.

This kid has unbelievable luck. First time ever fishing. First cast
    Caught a koi that big. Whatever! :D lol!

And then the quarry showed up!!! They did that cute little handshake themselves!

And then one of the little girls in the club showed up, but so did teen Mitchell Kalani, and teen Jeb Harris. Dang, There are teen clubs set to meet at "Parks" Not just 1 specific park. So Quin was not going to be alone at this park with Rohan after all.

qW6nTP4.jpg

However!!! Teen J was Not in the club(s) that showed up!! Yay, so Quin did spend a lot of time with Rohan. I’d been try to leave them on autonomous, to see how things developed naturally, but with the other clubs showing up I felt justified to click on him to join Rohan at a chess board.

And then I laughed hysterically because Quin was doing the exact some thing he’d do to Rohan in Becka28’s game. He distracted poor Rohan so much that Rohan was left scratching his head most of the time.

o8Rz8EG.png

And oh my, the seductive way Rohan moved his chess pieces was too much. I’ve never seen that before. :D (Quin had to "show off outfit" to Rohan too). Of course Quin can give a seductive look right back.

Dv9hb7z.jpg

I took him to another park that evening. Again, several clubs showed up. But I'd done a lot of micromanaging, and Teen J was not in any of them. Teen Diego Lobo, and his boyfriend Hermes were though. And .... Teen Thorne Bailey. Quin was kind of flitty that night too. All over the place! He’s talking to teen Don Lothario in the first shot, oh man, watch out! But that Don is straight, and dating Rose Willis, my Lawrence’s older sister. Anyway, Hermes was attracting a lot of attention that night. I’m not sure why. Certainly Diego was not thrilled about it.

pkhg1a9.jpg

I'm not sure what was confusing Quin, but he looked cute anyway.

bpbGakZ.png

Much of the time all of the boys were staring at Hermes (except Don). I saw Diego and Thorne break off from the group, and it sure looked like Diego was giving him a piece of his mind for staring at Diego’s boyfriend.

u190w6y.jpg

So I went back to watching Quin and Rohan when I saw Hermes having a fit. I swing around and saw this: Teen Thorne giving Teen Diego a rose, and Diego accepting it!!!

UQUhvaO.jpg

Poor Hermes was devastated, and for some reason it seemed like Rohan expected Quin to fix things. So Quin played the hero and went and flicked Thorne in the nose! (This was at my direction, not autonomous).

7NvEZr7.jpg

However, Thorne being Thorne, thought the whole thing was funny as heck and burst out laughing. So I simply had Quin run damage control. Luckily, when asked, both Diego and Hermes said "I am So in love with... (insert name)"

btvufcV.jpg

It did not stop Hermes from crying though.

Pwxs0hv.png

At that point Rohan decided that things were stable with Hermes and Diego. It was time to start in on Quin again.

uqcehRA.jpg

Now, I’m not trying to point fingers, but in the 1,114 screenshots that I have of Diego and Hermes together.....

AmBZiKO.png

Plus in their portion of my folder of 4,289 screenshots of all 5 of my teen spellcasters, Diego has never done that to Hermes before. But.... when Quin shows up, poof! All heck breaks loose!

rhjPbqg.png

Kidding.... this is also the first save in which teen Thorne has been around a group. I should have known what trouble he’d be. :joy::sweat_smile:

8CSpUa4.png

Anyway, Rohan is going to have a bit of trouble with Quin in this save. Young J is distracting to almost everyone in the save. In fact, premade YA Raj Khemlani is also fond of talking to him. Something that Quin does not seem to like.

Qu3QPW3.jpg

And Raj is only one of the people currently talking toYoung J

c3jhyTN.png

And Quin doesn’t like that either, lol.

In the save where Quin is heading J is married to Don and they have 2 kids. Raj is married to Penny and they have 2 children. Thorne is married to Joey, and they have a daughter. Diego is married to Lilith Pleasant, and they have 2 children. Poor Hermes does not exist, lol.

cGkjQtN.png

I didn't caption all of them yet, but if anyone wants to see these pictures in their individual size the Imgur album is here: https://imgur.com/a/KWOZsza

@sarabeth2984

Thanks so much! I’m glad you like my Don fun. The man is always a fun. And Alexander turned out pretty well! I agree! I love that hairstyle so much.

I love your camping trip update. The fact that Thorne is so mad about Clint being an alien is just making me laugh. C’mon Thorne, it’s not that bad! So then Clint roasts him with a joke, and Thorne knocks him over with a water balloon! My goodness boys, be good! 😂🤣

Rowen is Thorne’s son, right? And they have Orange with them? It’s funny to think of Thorne out camping, but he takes to it well. I guess when Lalila finally becomes a toddler he and Don can take Danni and Kalila to granite falls. I don’t see them staying in a tent though 😂

I love love love watching the other couples when I’m out to dinner with my Sims. You can see the most amazing things. And the stupidest ones 😅 Some of the couples are crazy.

You’re going to have to remind me of which of your main Sims recently died, because I thought Clint was one of them. Was it Vincent? What was Vincent to Clint? Usually I remember this stuff, but my mind is kinda melted lately.

Your personal life sounds as crazy as ever. I hope everything is going well. Some people have such bad reactions to the second shot, and some have none. Luck of the draw I guess. I already had Covid, back in December. I still don’t have all of my sense of smell back. I should check if maybe I’ll do better with the second shot since I had the actual virus already. I’m just waiting for my daughter to get home from college on Tuesday, then we’re going to go together to get the shots.

@GrimlyFiendish
    Loving everyone's stories and updates. :) After my last Windows Update my game has been running so slowly that it's practically unplayable. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to a better computer soon, but in the meantime I miss my Sims.
    Im sorry to hear this! Especially since my computer just updated last night! I remember when Sims 2 became unplayable on my old computer. It was heartbreaking, and I ended up have a 15 year hiatus from Sims. Lol. I hope that doesn’t happen to you. There might be strategies to help your game work better. Have you googled that? Or asked in the help section of the forum here?

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer thanks for the clarification on Braeden, that makes sense.

Enjoyed everyone’s updates! I’m only on my iPad right now so don’t have access to my latest screenshots, but I’ll definitely do an update soon - it’s an important one considering Erytheia, Xanthe and Alexander all became Young Adults finally! I’m going to go back to my other two saves at some point, I have ideas for the “Sulani save” aka Matsumotos/van Beerses in particular.
  • Options
    @Becka28 To be fair, I don't usually pursue romances, and at this point, my save can only have 50 more sims. I have deleted a few sims that showed up in the past to make room. I think my merman butler was buggy and he did spawn a doppelgänger. lol. He was very good with the children before they aged up, so he did help.

Hopefully, the genealogy doesn't have any issues with the exception of the Kailani Family. I plan to make that family my legacy household, but I'm starting to think I should do something with them that isn't exactly a legacy. I haven't decided. I do think a legacy might require a new save though.

The different Merfolk Houses are related by association to the same pod. And for me, that makes them family, and I don't want intermingling inside the pod. Dylan, Zeph, and Calden's girlfriends are all outside the pod. Aaron became a member of the pod after marrying Kylen.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey everyone!! How is your week going? I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
    First some comments and replies! I left plenty of likes and awesomes too:)
    @blueseawaves That had to have been a very difficult conversation between Archie and Anna! That had to have so awkward but I’m glad that Archie is bonding with Arthur :)
    @deafsimmer I really enjoyed seeing Zelda and Braedon’s wedding!!
    @dianesims Putting the glass panels on the pool looked so cool!!
    @lucy_henley I had to laugh at Erythreia standing and watching the movie. Why do they do that?!? LOL!! XD
    @keidra Dude I know the feeling of being too tired to type lol! I work night shift hours so I’m asleep by 10 am everyday lol. I’m so glad about your test results! How adorable are Ezio and Rose! Your build looks gorgeous!
    @metior_ice I really enjoyed reading Dec and Zeph’s jungle adventure!! Its so ironic, because I have a mermaid archaeologist too! I haven’t played her in forever...hmmm...I see another expedition in the future!
    @duvelina Jas looks amazing! I cannot wait to see her story!
    @becka28 I had to laugh at Thorne being a Xenophobic Alien Hater. Ugh lol. I know the guys do not like each other at all. Everytime Thorne starts performing, Clint boos him lol! XD
    I love the outdoors so I love Granite Falls!! The B/B elements and clothes are so usable too.
    The water balloon fight is from Seasons! :)
    I am glad I’m not the only one who does that with Rattlesnake Juice Bar. It looks like a restaurant in my opinion (a lot of the Tex-Mex restaurants look like that where I live).
    I absolutely loved Quin and Rohan’s honeymoon pics! Komorebi is a beautiful world and great for vacationing:) Especially that Festival of Light on the bridge screenshot! I have not had sims attend the Festival yet, they will be next time!
    It was fun watching their snow fight and skiing fun! :)
    Uh oh…. I am so glad you saved him then!! I think I added him to my library:) ! I think he might make a great friend to Clint….
    Happy birthday to Mirabelle! She aged up nicely! And looks like she has a first place for herself:)
    @angeliqueadelaide HAH!! I had to laugh at that story of your scientist’s coworker electrocuting himself. I had that happen to one of my sims too (I was playing him actually-Griffin Morecombe the vampire), I stepped away for 5 minutes and came back and he had managed to kill himself while experimenting. Fortunately I didn’t save and just reloaded the game lol
    @hillybeth Your Founder Family is so cute!!
    @daephene I think they must have improved the water fight animation! I used to never play it because everyone just stood there static and finished with moodlets. Either that or my pc is running better lol
    @smellincoffee OMG!! Have fun with the Zombie apocalypse mod!! Its so fun and crazy to play :)
    @alwaysasking I am so glad to see your posts again! I hope things are better! Yes Don can be so much fun to play. He’s still single and loving it in my game and works as a surgeon. I need to play him again…
    Yes Vincent did pass away! Freak accident with pufferfish sushi, I guess he had low needs because I wasn’t playing him when I saw it happen:( He was Clint’s nephew. Vincent’s mom Vivienne (the actress alien) was inconsolable for awhile, but I am so grateful she and her new hubby Trey just had their first baby.
    I was totally cracking up at how Clint and Thorne don’t like each other XD I know Clint will often boo Thorne when he plays music or sings lol!! Rowan is Thorne’s son by Rebecca. He’s a cute kid. Thorne got full custody of Orange after his ex-wife’s death. I may or may not have accidently killed her off...there’s a little yard pond that comes with Get Famous called Luminary’s Pond or something like that. Your sims can add sharks, goldfish, or sprites. They can feed and play. I was messing around with it looking at the animations because I had never seen it before! I had her play with the sharks when she accidentally fell in and drowned (I like to say she got eaten by sharks lol) Rebecca is a pretty cool step mom so she has really stepped in to fill the “Mom” role for Orange. I was so surprised that Thorne would like camping! I always figured he’d be more of a life of luxury sim but he took right to it! I was also laughing because Thorne was catching fish after fish when poor Clint had nothing! XD
    Oof. I am so glad you got over Covid. Its no joke. It turns out about half of my coworkers and myself had caught it when it first made its round back in February 2020. We had a service tech guy that had just flown back from a work trip in Hong Kong when he came into our lab to repair one of our machines. He was feeling under the weather at the time and the next thing we know, everyone was calling in sick. I was out for 2 weeks with a fever of 104-all the symptoms too! It’s awful. Took me 2 months to fully recover. Then of course the government decided to finally take it seriously…
    Definitely get the shot if your doctor thinks its a good idea! I was told my intense reaction was probably because I had Covid already. My immune system was already primed for it. I had an immunity titre test done on me and showed I had been exposed to Covid before. My doctor thinks that was when I contracted it...I would still get the shot again and the booster if required! Its better to have immunity with any new variants popping up. I think that yearly Covid booster shots will become a thing. Just get it when you get your flu shot every year!

I have a new Youtube channel!! Its fun posting speed-builds:) They are horribly edited and boring as all get-out but its fun to do :)
    But now to what happened in my game! I decided to drop in on one vampire I haven’t played in ages...Barnaby Morecombe!! He’s Griffin and Joanna’s middle brother. This dude is an absolute sweetheart. I have played Barnaby back on console for about 8 sim generations. I had moved his dad from Windenberg to Brindleton Bay. He met a lovely lady and they had Barnaby. She died from old age after awhile but I unfortunately I did not save a copy of her. Barnaby is a genius, geek, and good so he’s fun to play. I felt bad because I moved him into a dinky apartment but forgot it was unfurnished. Needless to say I fixed that…
    Its the apartment across from Penny Pizazz’s (although she long moved out).

Fun at the Park!
    He had been living with his little sister Joanna after his divorce. When her husband died, he helped her get settled down in a new house in Windenberg. He decided to move back to San Myshuno with his daughter Cornelia after that. j8rqKhN.png
    Barnaby really loves this apartment. The only problem are the nosy neighbors. He had just put Cornelia to bed when his young neighbor Parvati down the hall started playing loud music. He gave her an earful. XzhpCdC.png
    The place might be small too. But the views from this place are AMAZING GgUjJ7i.png
    He made breakfast for his daughter and they planned out their day together. The weather was supposed to be really nice. They decided to go to the park GgrZwrb.png
    I didn’t realize we had swans in San Myshuno Meadows park! uGfYmNg.png
    They had a water balloon fight IDEa4JU.png
    Cornelia found a dinosaur snow globe in some smelly cardboard box zoGjUfJ.png
    Barnaby made her wash her hands. He then met his old friend Professor Van Helsing (yes he is my game’s lone vampire hunter-but no worries they have an...understanding…) for a game of basketball 8qKhXyL.png
    They had fun 4NWpgew.png
    Cornelia ordered some food from a street vendor VrudKhG.png
    I think it was a burrito of some kind but she liked it sCZegLs.png
    Later while her dad was playing another round of hoops with Professor Helsing, Cornelia met a little girl a few years younger than her named AnnaLissa. Gmp8hih.png
    Turns out AnnaLissa has a dad who is a vampire too! And her mom is a witch. They decided to play on the playground together. opITG0B.png
    WiWy8im.png
    Cornelia introduced her new friend to her dad. He suggested they form a club of kids with vampire parent(s). Cornelia thought it was such a good idea! She decided to call it “So My Dad’s A Vampire” club. 50DtbVf.png

Grandpa Harry drops in for a visit
    They returned home from a fun day at the park. Time to get ready for school/work in the morning. Later that afternoon, Barnaby asks Cornelia how her day went r2kfnPX.png
    He helps her with her homework when the doorbell rang N2VUFq0.png
    Its his dad Harry! mP8dXuJ.png
    Harry wanted to see his new apartment. Barnaby gave him a copy of the key KVilVWl.png
    They catch up with the latest family gossip and bats apparently. KTmU8jV.png
    Cornelia drops a bombshell that she has a school project. They all pitch in to help build it. 3yOyMqj.png
    Harry went home after that.

Geek Con!
    The next day was Tuesday and it was Geek Con!! Now I know why Barnaby loves this neighborhood so much. Did I forget to mention that Barnaby is a tech guru? He’s produced quite a few apps and modded games. VYHmBht.png
    Cornelia joined him for some VR gaming sessions! 38aN2Da.png
    He loves cosplayers naUU95p.png
    Cornelia is a little shy around strangers Hql9zdA.png
    But she opens up if her dad is around. XGsGcW4.png

Laundromat and New Violins
    The next morning while they watched cartoons and Cornelia ate breakfast Barnaby explained to Cornelia that the bus would drop her off at the laundromat after school. It was laundry day!
    vtLiMYC.png
    Barnaby had the day off so he a lot planned for the day. He took the metro train to the Casbah Art Gallery that morning. He checked out the latest art installments but planned on checking out the crafting portion. He had been planning on building something. But what? rKjq7fl.png
    Ahh I know!! MOX7Tuu.png
    He built a beautiful handcrafted violin! 6HaCHCG.png
    Barnaby stopped in on one of my generic community lot builds (I have a laundromat built in) to do the household’s laundry lBEkZ4R.png
    He played a few practice rounds of basketball nOY3Qyi.png
    More laundry lol SKUDALd.png
    When Cornelia arrived! They discussed their adventures for the daypdWTCcj.png
    Cornelia was hungry so she ordered some pho from the food vendor stall IQe5fLP.png
    Barnaby was still waiting for the dryer to finish so he called his kid sister and talked to her for awhile gqF9rFk.png

New neighbors!
    The next day, Harry stopped by after work/school to visit. He was upset about garbage or something eOziiVe.png
    But seeing his granddaughter always cheers him up hQkDouk.png
    They talked for a bit UZ3Zdzi.png
    Barnaby was making baking and telling his dad all about the new app he developed as well as the new girl that just moved in across the way! 0XvOALW.png
    He thought she was really cute iiRiS8t.png
    Poor Barnaby was attempting to make fruitcake. 3DSG9Po.png

Cecilia

I switched to the “new girl.” Her name is Cecilia LeChef. She just graduated college with a degree in technology. She just moved in when the Welcome Wagon showed up. And guess who had the fruitcake lol! XD jlyNH6k.png
    Barnaby legit loves fruitcake and is constantly raving about it. Whatever Barnaby
    She meets all her new neighbors tOZt8jS.png
    Barnaby has the withered stomach weakness, even so, he still eats fruitcake. He had 3 slices autonomously and threw up all over her apartment lol izPCAYr.png
    But they still hit it off!! zO0Huil.png
    Both are geeks and had a lively video game. QRtB008.png
    She even gave him her spare key H2kj1GU.png
    I love seeing my main sims when playing other households! Barnaby seems to be that weirdo that likes to play his violin in the hallway g0v8wZu.png
    Cecilia did make good friends with the other tenant, Parvati Jabari
    Y5zzaZt.png
    I’ll be playing her household next!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top