Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    They aren't married, yet, but Ryan popped the question on Love Day! Here they are with daughter Briella, and a surprise! <3
    jdX9hj1.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Masterson Family: Erytheia
    I'm sure I'll think back on these days and laugh when I'm older, but right now, as a teen, feeling like you're about to develop a spot is pretty stressful. And of course, stress can exacerbate spots! I had to chill out, and fast...

U80xf04.jpg

Alexander invited me over to the Narwhal Arms in Windenburg. The DJ wasn't great, but it was still fun to visit a new place. (And hey, an instance of "clubbing with friends" where they actually *did* go clubbing!)

oJ9MskS.jpg

Ah, Winterfest, always a fun holiday. As I decorated the tree, I sincerely hoped I'd get a better present than I did last year, when I received a CARROT. Who am I, one of Father Winter's reindeer??

8CRHgUa.jpg

Woo! I don't know whose idea it was to buy this gaming mat, but it's definitely been a great investment. I don't use it as much as Mum and Artemis do. Actually, Mum's been using it so much lately she's become rather a techie.

aBfJqzJ.jpg

Mum cooked an amazing meal, as usual. She's talented in so many areas... amazing cook, amazing actress... she's a great role model.

qzBds5x.jpg

Thankfully, my present was much better this year, I got a spice rack! OK, it's not everyone's idea of a great gift, but I am a wannabe chef so...

UjTsNNe.jpg

The next day happened to be Alexander's birthday, as well as the day before mine and Xanthe's.
    "Hey, happy birthday," I said. "I'm sorry I didn't get you a present."
    "Don't worry about it," he smiled. "I don't need anything from you, your presence is a gift enough."
    "So cheesy," I grinned. "That was cheesier than a feta salad."
    "Or a halloumi burger," he laughed. "Nice touch with the Greek cheeses."

iQ0wbOD.jpg

Later that evening, my sisters and I were gathered around the kitchen table.
    "Can you believe it's our last day of school tomorrow?" Xanthe asked.
    "I know. It feels so odd. I'm going to miss it," I replied.
    "Yeah, me too. University will be fun, though."
    "Are you planning on moving to Britechester?" Artemis asked. "And will Alexander be joining you?"
    "Yes. And yes," I said. "Hope you don't mind, Xanthe."
    "No, I don't mind at all," Xanthe grinned. "I love seeing you and Alexander together. You're so cute. I like seeing you happy."

N7JTmev.jpg

And, the next day after school...

9wONAq0.jpg

I soon set about looking for places in Britechester to rent. I did consider moving into student accommodation, but then thought it might be more fun to live in a house.

ZougxR6.jpg

Early on Saturday morning, all three of us moved into Honeydew Fields. Xanthe headed inside straight away to get going on her scholarship applications, leaving Alexander and I outside.
    "Hey Alex... you know what we could do..." I said.
    "YES," he grinned before I'd entirely finish the sentence.

MNEaxkZ.jpg

We headed upstairs. I was nervous, yet excited. I knew some of the other kids at school had "messed around" with their girlfriends/boyfriends, but neither Alexander nor I had been interested. Besides, there hadn't really been anywhere we could comfortably do it.

UVi3AWS.jpg

We were able to submit our scholarship and general university applications either via the internet or via post. As Alexander was using the computer, I decided to mail in my application. Being able to do a distinguished degree at UBrite was the ideal, and I really hoped I'd be successful.

pDsJ0xw.jpg

Masterson Family: Everyone Else
    Peter and Caroline mixing a potion together. Since Peter knows all the potions, he just gets Spellcaster XP and some ingredients if he's lucky. In fact, he found the ingredients for a Potion of Immortality!

arsMN6G.jpg

Artemis had a lot of fun at GeekCon, even though she failed the Ultimate Gaming Test. She even took the opportunity to go to space!

RgpLyLN.jpg
    bIu7EZv.jpg

Peter decided to do a polar bear plunge in the pool on Winterfest. He ended up staying in the pool so long he went blue! Thankfully he hurried inside and warmed up before he froze to death.

JU3R3Nw.jpg

Alexander's birthday!

afSkSX6.jpg

Aww, the love between a man and his cat <3

VgdwIUK.jpg

Peter always appreciates it when Caroline has to experiment with the flirty emotion for work. He's still not entirely used to such a swooping kiss, though. Particularly so close to the fireplace.

rFgTLcL.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Helios's story update will be quite the update. Also, I successfully deleted Denis Amaro's doppelgänger. And, in spite of me not pursuing romances, Helios has gotten involved with a non-commitment sim. Part of me wanted to give up, but the sim in particular is actually a part of the Darkfins storyline, and she's one of the original three premade merfolk that appeared in one of the most unlikely of places. Am I going to give up? No!

Also, her traits were changed to fit the story she is a part of.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    @Becka28 @Lucy_Henley Thanks :) They are mostly testing characters and perhaps that's what gave me the urge to make silly names.
    @Becka28 Quinacridone is a unique name too. Where did his name come from?

Political murals + randomly bursting into song + a little flirting = a good college experience. Even if this one isn’t actually in college.
    duck-miko-flirting-mural.png

Truffle is getting handier. I learned that her lack of handiness was probably to blame for her frequent electrocutions.
    t-is-getting-handier.png

Please don’t hurt yourself, sis…
    please-dont-hurt-yourself.png

Duck got promoted again. Engineering Technician. S82/hour, 8 hours 4 days a week. She rules at work. Cross her at your peril.
    meanwhile-duck-rules-at-work.png

Bargain finally made it to Britechester campus! And acquired a shirt.
    bargain-finally-at-britechester.png

The three single and lovin’ it, close-knit, techie siblings all hate Love Day. They started the day by grousing about Love Day to each other over their coffee. Angela called Bargain for a date, he put her off, she came over instead.

I really think we should just be friends.
    happy-love-day-lets-just-be-friends.png

Happy love day? Uh, sorry, my timing stinks…

No problem, yes, I agree! Happy love day and everything
    happy-love-day-yes-i-agree.png

Five minutes later
    happy-love-day-five-minutes-later.png

Angela, maybe we should see less of each other in general?

That evening they went to the spice festival. There was a cute guitarist playing.
    spice-kiyoshi-guitar.png

Truffle and Kiyoshi got talking. “Don’t you hate Love Day?” she asked. “I hate Love Day so much! It’s annoying!”
    spice-hate-love-day.png

“Uh, yes, of course I hate Love Day too…”
    spice-i-hate-love-day-too.png

Truffle listened to Kiyoshi’s next set intently. Meanwhile, the curry hurts Bargain’s face.
    spice-truffle-listens-while-curry-hurts-bargains-face.png

Mortimer isn’t having such a great Love Day either.
    spice-mortimer-not-such-great-love-day.png

The next night Bargain and Duck went out dancing with Miko and Truffle’s servo friend Zeus. (Truffle was at home sleeping off a cold.) Servos are funny dancers.
    out-dancing-with-servo-and-miko.png

They dropped in on Yuki afterward since she lived in the neighborhood.
    out-dancing-dropped-in-on-yuki.png

Yuki went on about her love of music.
    out-dancing-talking-about-love-of-music.png
    Bargain claimed to love music too. Which wasn’t exactly a lie. He did also perhaps claim to love playing the guitar. Which was only a lie if you considered that he didn’t have a guitar (yet) or have ever played it before (yet). Here he is retroactively trying to make that true…
    took-up-new-hobby-for-yuki.png

They compared notes over coffee the next morning.
    out-dancing-compare-notes-next-morning.png

And then Miko invited Duck out to the flea market. They didn’t really participate much in the flea market.
    duck-miko-flirting.png

“OK, now I need to learn to sing right away, can you help me?”
    trying-to-become-musical.png

End of term 1! Grades are in! Not sure what happened with that B minus there, Bargain… otherwise they did great.
    grades-b.png
    grades-t.png

They threw a fun and awkward party for the end of term.
    party-fun-and-awkward.png

And maybe they’ve found some love interests after all.
    party-k-and-t.png
    party-love-interests.png

my college degree experiment thread is here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17879163#Comment_17879163
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Quinacridone is a pigment. It's a rosy pink.

(Didn't end up playing today. Too busy trying to organise all the meds I'm on now, eesh. You say you're tired all the time and suddenly it's the end of the world.)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well..., First I made a Bratz Doll sim for my daughter, then I made a 1970's Disco Lady with the new Afro Hair, then I made an Oasis Lady that lives in her Moroccan Courtyard. I will be upgrading her home after the new kit is in.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Hallo everyone,
    I going to take a break from the game for now. The mass effect legendary edition is out now and as a big fan of this series I feel obliged to play it once more again :smiley: . Finally my redhaired femshep can be in love with my Garrus again. <3

On a private note: Surprisingly I received my first shot of vaccine on Wednesday, the many times criticize and not recommended for my age Astrazeneca vaccine. With the bad reputation they have opened it for all. So far everything is fine, the reaction was normal, and it's better now and I'm more than happy to be able to avoid the most serious consequences of covid19 in a few days.

The second reason why I can't play my decade challenge for now is the current political situation. It would be now the time where the ancestors of the current antisemitic rioters arrived to Germany and I feel so disgusted and angry about these people who bring the middle east conflict to our streets and threatens our jewish people with death threats, who have nothing to do with this conflict. And I feel so ashamed about this.

Originally I had planned to bring some of those ancestors into my game for more diversity, but I can't do this now. I have so much anger about these moslems that I need some time to calm down again. It is better to take a break and leave this ... back on earth and going to rescue the galaxy once more from the reapers. See you soon. :smile:

I decided to make a thread in the stories section for generation 2, so I can keep the updates in one place. I'll still post here though. I considered making a blog, but I tried that before and just forgot to update it :D

Magical Mastersons: A Ginger Spellcaster Family
    edited May 2021
    Here's Part One from the new thread. I went for a different narrator this time!

Part One: Starting Classes

Narrated by Alexander Paraskevas

Whilst the girls were downstairs, I decided to practise some Practical Magic. I always thought it sounded rather boring, but Erytheia tells me that Scruberoo and Repairio are very useful spells. I also realised that I'd like to learn all the spells.

lXhpHsW.jpg

Helen and my mother decided to pay a visit.
    "Hey Alex! You liking university?" Helen asked.
    "Well, I haven't started classes yet," I replied.
    "Oh. You're doing Language and Literature, aren't you?"
    "Yeah. Have you thought what you might like to do?"
    "No, I haven't a clue," she laughed.
    "You don't have to decide right away. There's also the option of not going at all, or you could go later in life."

sf9oVKb.jpg

That day, Saturday, happened to be the Romance Festival in the Fashion District of San Myshuno. I ordered some dango, and Erytheia ordered ramen.

4MwnDf7.jpg

The rest is on the thread:

Part One

Thanks @Keidra. Hope your health situation starts looking up again soon. And yeah @Becka28 's Quin is a rather rosy shade of pink, both his complexion and his approach to life, perhaps that is why the name fits :)

At the beginning of Term 2 I thought to take a look at my experimental subjects' skills.

Truffle- computer science distinguished degree
    skills-truffle.png

Bargain- computer science regular degree
    skills-bargain.png

Duck- no degree, computer engineer career
    skills-duck.png

Duck is clearly ahead in handiness and robotics. The college students are clearly ahead in programming and mischief. Interesting that mischief is such a big part of the computer science degree. When freelance programmers try to hack stuff, is the mischief skill part of determining whether they succeed?

Also interesting that the distinguished degree and regular degree don't seem to be very different in workload or in skill gain.

Not a ton of screenshots this time, just some fun and funny moments

Truffle got stuck in between two couches and the wall on a date with Kiyoshi. This was right after she somehow locked herself in her bedroom even though the door showed as unlocked. I choose to believe this is exactly what a genius with somewhat limited real-life skills might do. Truffle, you just got your own room, are you sure you can be trusted with it? (I had to enter build mode and destroy her bedroom door then buy her a new one. As for the date, she merrily stood in the corner chatting with Kiyoshi until it was time to hit the M key and travel home.)
    truffle-stuck-in-corner.png

Presentations got done on the second day of the term. No papers this time, so there's just been plenty of this
    plenty-of-this.png

And also a little of this
    hot-tub-time.png

Followed by robotics in a swimsuit of course
    robotics-in-swimsuit.png

I love these two together!
    i-love-these-two-together.png

When your favorite drink is water with fruit slices, you're getting sick, and your sister only concentrates on her video game... at least the water with fruit slices is good
    favorite-drink.png

Is a college degree worth it? experiment thread here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989653/is-a-college-degree-worth-it-an-experiment#latest
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Haven't been doing anything lately, though I got a house 'started' for my newest sim(still using my Denny Family save). Looked at some houses made by other simmers to get some ideas since I've ran out of my own.
    @DeafSimmer oh no, poor Rosalinda. I kind of feel sorry for her, it must be rubbish to feel like your parents prefer your siblings. I’m sure things will work out well for her in the end.
    @mightysprite I think, from what I’ve read, the main difference between ordinary and distinguished degrees is the point at which you can enter the career ladder. So it’ll be interesting to see where Duck is when her (is Duck a her?) siblings have finished their degrees. I’ve only had three Sims graduate from university before, all of whom were doing distinguished degrees. Two of them didn’t graduate with honours and one did. Now I’ve got Erytheia and Xanthe doing distinguished degrees and Alexander doing an ordinary one, so it’ll be interesting again to see what happens with that.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts form the Journal of Samyr Benali

-I’m married. My family all warned me that weddings were a huge hassle, but Lacie’s family being religious and all, well, we had a church wedding and some ladies group from the church did the catering. So honestly, all the wedding stuff was not nearly as big a hassle as everyone was saying it would be. One thing though, before Lacie would agree to marry me, I had to promise to go to church regularly and raise our future kids that way too. I’m not particularly religious, my family was not big on that. So, it’s been kind of a new thing for me, but Lacie was pretty adamant about it, it was basically a non-negotiable thing for her. I know my grandparents, the Clarks, were church going people, so my mom went when she was growing up, but none of us ever went as kids. I never got a chance to talk to her about it, maybe I should ask my dad, but I probably won’t, I’m not sure why. There’s just some stuff us boys never talk about to our dad where our mom is concerned, I guess.
    So, I started going to church with Lacie before we even got married, I mean, we were just dating when she asked me to start attending church with her and her family and wanting to impress her and be agreeable and all, I did. I wasn’t looking forward to it, it seemed like a waste of my Sunday mornings off, to be honest. But it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The people that go there are nice and the Bachelors have known a lot of them for years. The sermons are about trying to be a good person and are sometimes pretty good, but I’m not sure about all the doctrine about The Watcher and all. It’s not really very scientific, you know?-

zOrAy8K.jpg
    Friends and family gather for the big event.

yVIIfFl.jpg
    The ceremony begins.

SMC0i0P.jpg
    And Samyr is a bit nervous.

aten4ff.jpg
    Exchanging the rings.

rhSJxUO.jpg
    All the Benali boys are married now.

4yt1vfY.jpg
    Sharing the first slice of wedding cake.

8fdE8LK.jpg
    Lacie and her mom share a moment at the bar.

grju9Eq.jpg
    Everybody dance!

-We bought a house, it’s in Newcrest and across the street from Aunt Miranda (Denney) plus, right next door is where my mom’s BFF Julia Robinson (Wright) and her husband lives. It’s a newer house but it’s a brick colonial, so it blends in with the actual historic houses in the area. Lacie and I thought it was a really good neighborhood to raise a family in and, well, we want to start having kids right away. See, we both have it in our minds to have a lot of kids, both of us grew up in big families and we want the same thing. So, in order to do that, we’ll probably need to start having kids right away, so we can space them out a bit.-

cq57FLP.jpg
    Samyr and Lacie’s new home.

-We didn’t have a honeymoon, so to speak, what with buying a house and getting it all set up, we couldn’t see spending a lot of money taking a trip. Both of us wanted to furnish our new house way more than take a Honeymoon. But, in hindsight, I guess we kind of didn’t figure on our families. They were constantly stopping buy and inviting us over, I mean, we hardly had any time to ourselves what with our jobs and moving into the house alone, then with all the demands on us from our families on top of that well…. we kind of started to see why people take honeymoons.-

4ELtJsm.jpg
    Lacie’s mom and brother stop in to visit.

UJ07Hn2.jpg
    Dinner with Samyr’s cousin, all the way over in Britechester.

-Yannik Volkov is in my “Avant Gardes” book club and he called and invited me and Lacie out to the Bluffs in Windenburg where a bunch of us went swimming in that old pool there. Yannik is an old dorm mate of Kadens, so I know him from way back, plus he’s a policeman too and him and Kaden are pretty good friends now and all. Anyway, me and Lacie got a bit carried away, she looked really sexy in her bathing suit in the moonlight, and we snuck off to the bushes and had some fun. Thing is, I guess we weren’t as careful as we normally are and, well…. a little after that, Lacie came and told me she was expecting, like right before we went to work. I guess I was not as thrilled with the news as she had hoped. I kind of recovered and tried to make it up to her, but she’s been in a bit of a “mood” ever since. Plus, she’s getting huge already, I thought it took awhile before a woman started showing, but, Watcher, she’s already fussing about how nothing fits her now. I know we both agreed we’d start a family right away, but I kind of wanted to at least wait till the paint dried on the walls of our house, you know, jeez.
    She’s gotten so needy too, I mean she seems to need me to constantly tell her she’s still beautiful and say I love you all the time now. Like, I was having dinner and she waddles into the dining room and starts in with how she feels fat and ugly and stuff like that, I had to eat my dinner standing up while trying to placate her insecurities. This pregnancy thing is kind of a pain, not gonna lie.
    Then, on top of all that, when my dad came over and I was kind of talking to him about it, fully expecting some sage advice and all, he just looks at me and says, it’s time to man up, son. Then he starts telling me how I had to totally cater to Lacie now, then once the baby gets here, that my whole life would have to revolve around taking care of it and how being a father was my number uno priority now. Plus, he told me some stores about all the things that can happen to a pregnant woman and to little babies that scared the plum out of me. Thanks a lot for your support dad! Marriage and having kids is definitely turning out to be a lot more that I had bargained for, just saying. One thing though, I am definitely not going to name any of my kids Omar!-

vtdfpCF.jpg
    Samyr and Lacie get romantic at The Bluffs.

BjxyunZ.jpg
    Samyr gets some unsettling news.

o54gtYC.jpg
    Samyr attempts to placate his wife.

mBom3ps.jpg
    Samyr’s dinner is interrupted.

qflUFqV.jpg
    Omar fails to comfort Samyr.

@Keidra I once tried to play vanilla, a lot of my mods were broken after a patch and it was torture!

@Becka28 I'm getting a real kick out of seeing Rohan in your posts. This is the first game that I have had him as a premade. Kaden Benali was friends with him at Uni and afterwards Rohan married one of Kaden's cousins. As you can see in this post he has quite a different life in my game, lol. I always kind of think of the premades as sot of stock characters in all my games, I enjoy seeing how different things go for them in each game. Sometimes a premade is a big part of my game - others just a bit player, so to speak. I also like seeing them in these posts, how different their lives are and so on.

@Daravi Well, I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 and they are both on my list of games to play. Lately, if I'm not playing Sims 4, I am grinding away at some Android games on my new tablet though, sigh.

(NOTE: I go the one-shot Covid vaccine myself and just passed the 28 days to maximum resistance. I had no effects from the shot at all.)

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunblond wrote: »

Excerpts form the Journal of Samyr Benali

-I’m married. My family all warned me that weddings were a huge hassle, but Lacie’s family being religious and all, well, we had a church wedding and some ladies group from the church did the catering. So honestly, all the wedding stuff was not nearly as big a hassle as everyone was saying it would be. One thing though, before Lacie would agree to marry me, I had to promise to go to church regularly and raise our future kids that way too. I’m not particularly religious, my family was not big on that. So, it’s been kind of a new thing for me, but Lacie was pretty adamant about it, it was basically a non-negotiable thing for her. I know my grandparents, the Clarks, were church going people, so my mom went when she was growing up, but none of us ever went as kids. I never got a chance to talk to her about it, maybe I should ask my dad, but I probably won’t, I’m not sure why. There’s just some stuff us boys never talk about to our dad where our mom is concerned, I guess.
    So, I started going to church with Lacie before we even got married, I mean, we were just dating when she asked me to start attending church with her and her family and wanting to impress her and be agreeable and all, I did. I wasn’t looking forward to it, it seemed like a waste of my Sunday mornings off, to be honest. But it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The people that go there are nice and the Bachelors have known a lot of them for years. The sermons are about trying to be a good person and are sometimes pretty good, but I’m not sure about all the doctrine about The Watcher and all. It’s not really very scientific, you know?-

zOrAy8K.jpg
    Friends and family gather for the big event.

yVIIfFl.jpg
    The ceremony begins.

SMC0i0P.jpg
    And Samyr is a bit nervous.

aten4ff.jpg
    Exchanging the rings.

rhSJxUO.jpg
    All the Benali boys are married now.

4yt1vfY.jpg
    Sharing the first slice of wedding cake.

8fdE8LK.jpg
    Lacie and her mom share a moment at the bar.

grju9Eq.jpg
    Everybody dance!

-We bought a house, it’s in Newcrest and across the street from Aunt Miranda (Denney) plus, right next door is where my mom’s BFF Julia Robinson (Wright) and her husband lives. It’s a newer house but it’s a brick colonial, so it blends in with the actual historic houses in the area. Lacie and I thought it was a really good neighborhood to raise a family in and, well, we want to start having kids right away. See, we both have it in our minds to have a lot of kids, both of us grew up in big families and we want the same thing. So, in order to do that, we’ll probably need to start having kids right away, so we can space them out a bit.-

cq57FLP.jpg
    Samyr and Lacie’s new home.

-We didn’t have a honeymoon, so to speak, what with buying a house and getting it all set up, we couldn’t see spending a lot of money taking a trip. Both of us wanted to furnish our new house way more than take a Honeymoon. But, in hindsight, I guess we kind of didn’t figure on our families. They were constantly stopping buy and inviting us over, I mean, we hardly had any time to ourselves what with our jobs and moving into the house alone, then with all the demands on us from our families on top of that well…. we kind of started to see why people take honeymoons.-

4ELtJsm.jpg
    Lacie’s mom and brother stop in to visit.

UJ07Hn2.jpg
    Dinner with Samyr’s cousin, all the way over in Britechester.

-Yannik Volkov is in my “Avant Gardes” book club and he called and invited me and Lacie out to the Bluffs in Windenburg where a bunch of us went swimming in that old pool there. Yannik is an old dorm mate of Kadens, so I know him from way back, plus he’s a policeman too and him and Kaden are pretty good friends now and all. Anyway, me and Lacie got a bit carried away, she looked really sexy in her bathing suit in the moonlight, and we snuck off to the bushes and had some fun. Thing is, I guess we weren’t as careful as we normally are and, well…. a little after that, Lacie came and told me she was expecting, like right before we went to work. I guess I was not as thrilled with the news as she had hoped. I kind of recovered and tried to make it up to her, but she’s been in a bit of a “mood” ever since. Plus, she’s getting huge already, I thought it took awhile before a woman started showing, but, Watcher, she’s already fussing about how nothing fits her now. I know we both agreed we’d start a family right away, but I kind of wanted to at least wait till the paint dried on the walls of our house, you know, jeez.
    She’s gotten so needy too, I mean she seems to need me to constantly tell her she’s still beautiful and say I love you all the time now. Like, I was having dinner and she waddles into the dining room and starts in with how she feels fat and ugly and stuff like that, I had to eat my dinner standing up while trying to placate her insecurities. This pregnancy thing is kind of a pain, not gonna lie.
    Then, on top of all that, when my dad came over and I was kind of talking to him about it, fully expecting some sage advice and all, he just looks at me and says, it’s time to man up, son. Then he starts telling me how I had to totally cater to Lacie now, then once the baby gets here, that my whole life would have to revolve around taking care of it and how being a father was my number uno priority now. Plus, he told me some stores about all the things that can happen to a pregnant woman and to little babies that scared the plum out of me. Thanks a lot for your support dad! Marriage and having kids is definitely turning out to be a lot more that I had bargained for, just saying. One thing though, I am definitely not going to name any of my kids Omar!-

vtdfpCF.jpg
    Samyr and Lacie get romantic at The Bluffs.

BjxyunZ.jpg
    Samyr gets some unsettling news.

o54gtYC.jpg
    Samyr attempts to placate his wife.

mBom3ps.jpg
    Samyr’s dinner is interrupted.

qflUFqV.jpg
    Omar fails to comfort Samyr.

@Keidra I once tried to play vanilla, a lot of my mods were broken after a patch and it was torture!

@Becka28 I'm getting a real kick out of seeing Rohan in your posts. This is the first game that I have had him as a premade. Kaden Benali was friends with him at Uni and afterwards Rohan married one of Kaden's cousins. As you can see in this post he has quite a different life in my game, lol. I always kind of think of the premades as sot of stock characters in all my games, I enjoy seeing how different things go for them in each game. Sometimes a premade is a big part of my game - others just a bit player, so to speak. I also like seeing them in these posts, how different their lives are and so on.

@Daravi Well, I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 and they are both on my list of games to play. Lately, if I'm not playing Sims 4, I am grinding away at some Android games on my new tablet though, sigh.

(NOTE: I go the one-shot Covid vaccine myself and just passed the 28 days to maximum resistance. I had no effects from the shot at all.)

It's good to hear that you didn't have a reaction to the Covid vaccine! :)
    @Lucy_Henley Thanks for the tip. (And yes, Duck is a lady. :) ) The regular degrees are kind of a bum deal then, huh? Same amount of time, same amount of work, less benefit.
    I gather you chose the regular degree in order to place Alexander at the same school as your other sims?

@mightysprite Actually, Alexander is doing a “regular” Language and Literature degree at Foxbury, as the University of Britechester offers the distinguished one and he didn’t get on that one. Erytheia and Xanthe are doing the distinguished Culinary Arts degree at UBrite.
    They’re living in the same house (not a student dormitory) so I could have them all do the degree at the same time.
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    Life and lack of inspiration have curtailed my playing recently, but I did start a fanfiction about how my favorite unlikely couple met, which has been a blast. It's setting up to get quite intense!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Sulani Aliens: Helios Eon

To start their story, I'll share some background info and a few cameos from other sims from previous and future rotations.

General Background Info:
    The Eons are a family of Aliens that moved to Sulani. Nui Eon is the oldest, Kalama is the middle sibling, and Helios is the Youngest. Nui dared Helios to eat Mermadic Kelp. This triggered a mutation that changed Helios. Helios lost his Alien abilities and gained merfolk magic as well as their eternal life. Because Helios will live long after his siblings die of old age, he's trying to invent a serum that will grant his siblings eternal life, so he doesn't have to outlive them. Alternatively, Helios's new exposure to magic has opened the possibility of a magical solution to eternal life.

Helios has a bit of a green thumb, so while his siblings chatted with a random human. He tended to his garden.

51181521542_2d45eb9778_b.jpg
    Nui and Kalama were townie aliens the game created. I actually didn't change their physical appearances much from what they were. Nui had the weird pear shape body, so I did make a change to his body type.

Nui is actually an acronym for Natural User Interface. It's pronounced similar to GUI.

Author commentary: "Helios sometimes has conversations with the toilet. Completely normal, right?"

51182424633_a26eed7e0d_c.jpg

The Teenage Reaper of Immortals himself, Damion Morbius.

Flash Info on Damion:
    He's an exceptionally powerful vampire
    He's Evil AND Mean
    As a Young Adult: He will hate Children.
    He's Evil, but he is also Well Mannered and Responsible.
    He might murder you, but he'll at least be polite about it.
    He's the only sim that can successfully kill Dylan and Zephyr Zalrian, with his needs cheated.

51181521382_dda514315e_z.jpg

Damion's favorite Plasma is Merfolk Plasma. He's a compulsive deep drinker and drinks sloppily. It isn't unusual for Damion to actively go for swims. He's hunting his favorite prey.

51182992699_f9e70cd979_b.jpg
    Helios is part Alien and retains some unique Alien interactions.

51183290905_e9117ab6ee_c.jpg

51182209041_01164950b7_b.jpg

The World Map of my Sulani

51183291935_65569a6f0f_k.jpg

Kalama: "The view from here is so nice. Who would have thought that Sulani at night could be so beautiful..."

51183291900_6f99e38210_h.jpg

Real Aliens sleep in Pods.

51182992479_0737f1885b_h.jpg

Aaron and Kylen are neighbors.

51182992154_501fdbc8ae_b.jpg

Random sims like to talk to Helios's Flowers.

51181520737_8da3461fdd_b.jpg

Arihi got a new job!

51183291335_4c6e8b5f99_b.jpg

Apparetly, Kalama and Kemps don't get along. Maybe, she played one too many pranks on him?

51182992034_a90094d617_b.jpg

Calden is a notable newcomer, so introductions aren't easy. Helios could barely keep himself together introducing himself.

51182423643_4bd39fa5ff_c.jpg

Fortunately, Calden is a nice celebrity and chose to chat with Helios anyways.

51182423633_a81ba15735_c.jpg

Dylan: "Your connection to Sulani is denied."

Zeph: "No, you're connection to Sulani is denied."

This has to be a bug related to the Sulani Mana trait because the twins shouldn't be able to pass judgement on each other. :D

51182991784_40e6cf74ef_c.jpg

Now they are both sad. :D Dylan and Zeph are empaths that get sad when the other is sad. They share each others emotions, so they made each other very sad.

51182423418_ff0329594e_z.jpg

So, the twins started playing the guitar and violin to get through their emotions.

51181520322_07df662387_b.jpg

51183290995_d60d52d600_c.jpg

This tendency to autonomously keep their emotions in check on top of their immunity to most forms of death is why Damion has to use so much Vampiric Energy to keep Dylan and Zeph in an extreme enough mood long enough to actually be a threat to them. Aside from what they can do on their own, they have the ability to calm each other down if they are played by the player. Damion can't harm them if they are together.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Okay, I´ll try to get some answers done.

@sarabeth2984 (pg.854)
    LOL, my Darling Walsh recently woohooed and had a kid with a vampire guy who used to date Luna Villareal when they were still teenagers. Small world :D . I tried to get them officially together, but he refused to date her (the "hook up with..." interaction).
    (pg.861)
    I recently downloaded a mod that makes getting electrocuted more likely, and it has already killed 3 people so far. Dangerous times :D My last victim was also a vampire - I didn´t even know that vampires can die of electrocution! Jolene should start to demand money for reviving people, as she is the only one who can be bothered to do so.

@Becka28
    What can I say - science is a dangerous thing, especially combined with non-existing handiness skill and a mod that makes electrocution kill on the first try. As I learnt the hard way, even vampires aren´t safe.
    I generally revive sims who are young and/or have stuff going on for them. I recently turned a dead old lady into a playable ghost, since she had just met her grandchildren and they deserve more time together. Said grandchildren are vampires, so they shouldn´t be too spooked to have a ghost for a grandma.

@Daephene (pg.856)
    I use MCCC and have it set to max 5 babies at the same time, I think? Can´t remember for sure, I may have changed the settings at some point. Thankfully it´s usually still either twins or triplets, I´ve only had two sets of quads so far and it´s more than enough.
    I recently went through a baby boom, so I currently have tons and tons of toddlers. Just this week only, I´ve aged up 12 toddlers into children, and those are only among played sims, MCCC is also supplying unplayed sims with more kids they know what to do with.

@sunblond (pg.855)
    I live in extremes - most of my households have either tons of kids or none at all.

One day soon, I am gonna return to my regular storytelling, as there is several months amount of pics to post and tales to tell. Untill then, enjoy a pic of what happened in my game yesterday. I am not entirely sure what´s going on here... multitasking? :D
    cPxwUvC.png

• Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Capp (Gonril branch)...

Miranda (who is wearing a cosmetic mask) has other people she wants to befriend like JJ Evans (Good Times.)
    05-15-21-10-33-17-PM.png

Since Albany wanted to buy a litter box for some reason, I went and got them a kitty to go with it. I found some that looked like Pokemon and chose this one.
    05-15-21-10-41-46-PM.png

Let's play "Guess Who Got Naked". Why it's Michael Keaton (the dad from Family Ties). I guess his hippie past didn't fully leave him.
    05-15-21-10-46-53-PM.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top