Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @AlwaysAsking
    Omgosh your Alexander is so cute! The purple really suited him. Really. xD Normally I think of purple as Cassandra's colour but Alex really works it too!

@sarabeth2984
    Don't hate me but your username took 300x to spell omg, I'm so tired lol and right? Caleb knitting makes me happy. He usually picks it up on his own, and he's never found it boring. Morgan Fyres does not either, and Lilith seems happy with it too. (Yuki Behr gets sick of it eventually. I've never seen Cassandra do it. I had a runaway teen save where Yuki, Morgan, and Cassandra all ran off to Forgotten Hollow... it was a fun save.)

Omg looks like lots of fun was had out camping. I should take mine out somewhere, I never do. I've never even been to Selvadorada. Ezio seemed to like Granite Falls the few times we've gone for photo ops tho. Hmm. Cute restaurant!

Obligatory PLEASE SPOILER YOUR IMAGES IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN FIVE, please, it's very cumbersome to scroll through the thread on mobile with the images having their bums all hanging out and it helps load times to tuck them in. c:

Life stuff:
    Got back from the doctor (woo that's expensive). I probably don't have cancer, so that's good, but they went ahead and sent a referral for a screening since it runs in my family, and I'll figure that out later, right now I'm also recovering from a thing. Cold. So yeah. (Colds are the worst.) Also took like four vials of blood for various bloodwork, doing a diabetes test, tests for a few other things like varying vitamin deficiencies and whatnot, so mostly I'm waiting on test results. Hopefully nothing's too out of whack.

Spent some time playing the family save. Mostly boringness, but we've got some cute I guess lol. I also used the family save to test the anti-tantrum and anti-crying mods. (Also disabled: ask why, ask about world, toddlers autonomously waking up other Sims, the "feed your kid or lose it" notifications, toddler defiance, autonomous asking to spray the monster, toddlers playing with their food, discipline actions being rejected, and pets running away. My game is a utopia whether they like it or not!)

I also swapped Lana to aunt Lana instead of Lanamom, and now Tess is Tessmom. Idk. It just felt more right, Morgyn really is almost the spitting image of Tess.

TS4-x64-2021-04-29-20-17-19.jpg
    And right after this, the fireplace caught the rug on fire and burnt it to ash. I made my no fires mod after this lol I didn't realise I didn't have a no fires mod in.
    TS4-x64-2021-04-29-21-05-48.jpg
    Find the child, find his cat. It's very interesting because this is Not technically Ezio and also Not technically Mayor Whiskers, and they are still attached to each other. Ezio also still much prefers the company of the cat over Sims.

TS4-x64-2021-04-29-21-09-12.jpg
    "What is this, it's like a... like a bowl with stuff in it! How does it stay in there!!"

TS4-x64-2021-05-01-01-28-01.jpg
    "Don't tell anyone Rose, but I think we're being... >> << >> << >> << *Watched*."

TS4-x64-2021-05-03-23-42-16.jpg
    He wasn't super pleased at being used as a testing guinea pig. I used MCCC to give him an angry moodlet. Fortunately, he didn't get the chance to throw a fit. I'd say he thought about it but I think his thinking skill was too high by then, he didn't immediately go for it.

TS4-x64-2021-05-03-23-43-22.jpg
    And then I gave him a sad moodlet. And he IMMEDIATELY started crying, eesh... lookit them crocodile tears. Unlike with tantrums you don't have an in-game way of limiting the frequency of crying. They just always immediately cry when they're sad.

NOT ANYMORE!!!

I did discover later that the cry option shows up for motive distress *even if* they are angry and not sad, this little bugger woke up mad that he had to potty and *started crying* over it. I was like boy if you ain't shut up and go to the bathroom right immediately now... so I disabled the cry option from showing up for toddlers, at all, same with tantrums, just outright made them allowed for no age groups, and updated both mods. I have won. I win. You do not get this victory, game. You do not.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-10-48-47.jpg
    If he believes hard enough, he'll grow up to be a cat, right? (I mean, lbr, Ezio is basically a human-shaped cat. He even has a cat's questionable morals.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-11-23-51.jpg
    This seems... inefficient. But what do I know.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-11-54-31.jpg
    I decided to teach Lana to write. And maybe make her a freelance writer. Maybe she'll be quiet about wanting a job.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-18-44-40.jpg
    Mor- Rose. Is watching Ezio. Ezio is watching Rose. So they're watching each other... watch... each other... wow. Is it that fascinating, guys?
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    My sims now have three daughters (Jenny, Sophia, Bea). Two of them hate their mom, they have festering grudge against her. After the kids go to school and the husband goes to work, my sim goes out to manage a small diner. At the restaurant, waiter left me because my sim is too strict or something, so I have to hire another one.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited May 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

MerMay Extras: The Vacation in Selvadorada Part 1

Zeph: "My plan for a vacation was genius. We won't get pestered by Anti-Environmentalists in the Islands' Jungles."

Dylan: "I admit that this was a creative approach to having a vacation. I don't think I could have thought of this. I'm excited about exploring the jungle."

51159178881_28e4d18a4a_k.jpg

Zeph: "Most importantly, we shouldn't have to worry about death or severe injury. Together, there isn't anything in this jungle to worry about."

51160286600_8bf3e65ee4_h.jpg

(The rest of the story is in the spoiler to save some time loading the page)
    So, the twins began their first expedition into the Jungle without any issues. Excpet, Dylan lost the machete.

51158517042_c416812c7c_k.jpg

Zeph: "Okay, so we need to get through these vines. The best way to do that is to extend our arms like a frog does before leaping and tear our way through. No problem, right? You got this bro."

51159420033_082e4273cf_k.jpg

So, Dylan began tearing through the vines without any issues.

Zeph: "You've got the movement down perfectly. Just think of the vines like its a bonsai bush you are trimming into a lawn sculpture."

51158516987_9d2de807f7_k.jpg

Dylan: "Since your such an expert, why don't you take over."

Zeph: "Sure, why not."

Zeph finished clearing the path.

51159964254_d905f13916_k.jpg

Clearing a path through the jungle took a lot out of the twins, and they were no longer immune to dehydration. Like most pure-blooded merfolk, they didn't need to eat. Hydration was the only need that they had to worry about; it's what sustains pure-blood merfolk. While Dylan and Zeph slept and rehydrated, the merboys had free reign of the vacation home.

51158516922_844e82318c_k.jpg

First, Juniper and Lyric had to run behind the house so Juniper could show Lyric a funny video.

51158516937_17c4d47ce9_k.jpg

Naturally, Juniper and Lyric had to watch a PG-13 slasher movie they were barely old enough to watch.
    (They are in the teenage life stage so they have a merform, but I would peg them at their early teens like 12 or 13 years old at this point. I edited their physique so that their frames weren't as small. Calden is definitely the oldest of the three merboys but not by much.)

51159419918_0bb2512427_k.jpg

Calden decided that he had to show Lyric a funny video. It looked like a video about a car or something.

51159964174_51d1ed839f_k.jpg

While Calden did the Robot to Latin Music, Lyric had to take an obligatory selfie.

51160286475_f5e10db956_k.jpg

The pool that made up most of the house was an ideal place to chat and soak. Geothermal heating kept the pool at nice and comfortable temperature.

51158516882_890826470c_k.jpg

51158516872_ac5350d8f9_k.jpg

51160286460_b55e122d15_k.jpg

51158516852_4acb974fa7_k.jpg

Juniper didn't need to, but given the option, he decided to make some healthy herbal green tea. He had no need to consume any human food.

51160286445_3bcf9213ba_k.jpg

Juniper had the bright idea to turn on metal and play the air guitar in the middle of the night. Lyric did push ups, and Calden was ready to pull himself out of the water to start dancing.

51158516837_196446b7b0_k.jpg

51160286410_f210b1431a_k.jpg

When Dylan and Zeph woke up, the merboys settled down as if they weren't throwing a huge party. The twins played guitar together. Great minds think alike.

51159964134_a8b7fba014_k.jpg

51160286395_a80dff9f3e_h.jpg

Apparently, Zeph got struck by lightning and still thought it was the ideal time to help Lyric with his homework.

Author Commentary: Zeph... This vacation was your idea, but you can't go wandering around charred. I made him take a bath. Also... Isn't getting struck by lightning a serious injury for most normal humans."

Zeph as he scrubs his scales clean: "Nah, I'm not human, or an average fish out of water. I was fine."

51159178656_5b2d030a93_k.jpg

51158516797_b12878d607_k.jpg

Dylan had supervising the merboys covered. So, Zeph had nothing to worry about.

Lyric: "So that's how humans write on land. It's hard to imagine writing without magic squid ink."

Dylan: "I know. Magic squid ink is so useful, and it's amazing that humans don't use it to make their books waterproof."

51158516807_af36f0f50c_h.jpg

Lyric decided to go for a jog in a thunderstorm before going to sleep with his brothers. Dylan had lull them to sleep to settle them down.

51159178636_c921950ad8_k.jpg

51158516772_f47785f6d1_k.jpg

Dylan left for the plaza to learn a little bit about Selvadoradian culture. The sculpture was very helpful.

51160286350_a976068e2e_h.jpg

As the sun rose, Zeph caught up with his brother to play some music together.
    (The way they play music together makes me wish bands were a thing.)

Deeper in the jungle, the view was pretty nice. Also, Dylan bought a new machete at the market and lost it again... Zeph was rolling his eyes as his brother lost it.

51159964044_57755e08a4_h.jpg

51159178556_799a7ad792_h.jpg

A heatwave hit, but Zeph decided to excavate for artifacts anyways. Dylan went strait for the bathhouse pool to sleep and soak.

51160286285_d94c909cfd_h.jpg

51159963999_5ba61420ec_h.jpg

Eventually, even Zeph needed to get rehydrated. They are immune to the heat, but they still dried up quickly.

51159963994_31f6221ac5_h.jpg

Eventually, they reached the Temple, and began exploring this spiritual place. As young mermen, they had no problem very quickly getting through the first obstacle, a flooded hall.

51159178481_0a07e9c056_k.jpg

It seemed that the twins couldn't escape their uncle's supervision while on Vacation. Kemps keeps a close eye on the twins because they were born as Heirs to the Elder title. They are very important for the Pod's future. Kemps just won't tell them so they can continue to enjoy life without worrying about the responsibilities they were born into.

51159178431_9c733f71c0_b.jpg
    I felt like the Temple was place that was fitting for Dylan and Zeph's occult attire, so I brought it back. My thoughts are that Dylan and Zeph are Elemental Spirits and Mermen. They aren't human and shouldn't have to pretend in the presence of a spiritual place like the temple. I wanted the ancient gods or spirits that watched over the temple to see them for what they truly were. They wield enough power that they should be recognized as powerful spirits in their own right.

Dylan got Zeph through the jungle and cleared the path there. Zeph put his genius mind to work and solved the temple's puzzles.

51159178391_10af5cc1b0_h.jpg

The Elemental Twins of the Sea and Sky proudly walked through the first doorway after solving the puzzle without setting off a single trap.

51160286165_a0ae470b82_b.jpg

Zeph used his handy skills to investigate the next trap and identified the way through.

51159178376_2f95eabd8f_b.jpg

51158516537_9f71bcc71a_b.jpg

Kemps followed the twins from behind. He caught up to Dylan who was playing the Violin in one of the halls.

Zeph: "How did you get here? Were you following us?"

51159178346_6fdb422dc8_b.jpg

Kemps: "I have a better question. Why is your brother playing the Violin in the temple?"

Zeph: "That is a good question?"

Dylan spoke as he played: "The acoustics are awesome here. And, I felt like a little music might brighten the place up."

51159963834_e58d40f8a6_h.jpg

The next obstacle required advanced archeology skills that the twins didn't have. So, the twins started analyzing the art around the temple and developed the skill. They had a ways to go before they were ready to take on the next puzzle.

51158516512_6591ba91c0_c.jpg

Zeph was mentally gifted and excelled at archeology, and his brother was only a tad bit behind him when it came to developing his understanding of archeology.

51158516512_6591ba91c0_c.jpg

51158516457_9ac732317a_b.jpg

Naturally, Kemps stayed close to the elder heirs while they were in the temple. Zeph was happy to talk about the temple and all the artifacts that surrounded them. The conversation was a bit boring, but Kemps listened to every word.

51158516482_77bdf80712_b.jpg

The twins returned to their lodging when another heatwave hit. Zeph kept an eye on the merboys while Dylan went into the market to work on uncovering an artifact. He suspected that it was an ancient vase.

51159419523_bc326dbef8_b.jpg

51159178266_cc3d302fda_b.jpg

Dylan was authenticating an artifact when a guy with a crop top and wearing underwear for shorts approached him. Zeph raced over to help keep the weirdo away from his less than observant brother.

51159418933_ea6ee81733_k.jpg

While Dylan uncovered another artifact, Zeph had his back covered. The weirdo in his underwear returned, but this time, Zeph was able to distract him with his guitar skills.

51160285980_9c5332afc9_b.jpg

51160285970_2b47e89c30_b.jpg

By the end of the week, Dylan and Zeph's adopted brothers, Lyric and Calden, had to go home and return to Kanaloa High under the sea. So, the twins' immediate family joined them on their vacation.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I started a new save yesterday. I've been wanting to do something new for a while now.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-14-36-23.png

The sky was murky. Thick clouds of dust and carbon monoxide invaded my lungs. Soon enough, there would be no clean air to breathe. And then... there would be no me.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-14-37-48.png

I am Jasmin. You can call me Jas. All my friends do... did.

I'm alone. That's what it feels like anyway. I'm in what they call a 'safe zone' which means we're protected from the zombs. Zombies, I mean. But you never know when it's going to end.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-14-35-06.png

A coughing fit overtook my body when I stood up. These fits happened more often as the air became more polluted. It was truly terrifying to know life could end at any moment. I'm more positive normally, but today wasn't a good day.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-14-33-20.png

The sirens went off which meant we had to hide. It could be a false alarm, but in the months I'd been here, I'd never heard the siren before so... I ran.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-15-50-47.png

My survival instincts might have kicked in, the adrenaline couldn't keep the fear at bay. The bunker was SO close and I almost made it.

TS4-x64-2021-05-06-16-54-04.png

'HELP!' came from behind me and stopped me in my tracks. I silently condemned myself but I couldn't leave another person behind. Upon turning around, I quickly realised there was real danger here.

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have always said my sims read the forums - popped in to visit Quin and Rohan who in my game are a little ways past where I last posted ...
    They were playing soccer (as usual - they do this for hours) They never make an error but today they kicked it for 3 times and then Rohan slammed it into Quin's face. HMMM Perhaps Rohan was reading along and taught Quin a lesson about even imagining another man in an alternate universe even if he Rohan was supposed to be dead. Poor Quin was so hurt and confused - I doubt Quin knew what he had supposedly been up to in my other save. LOL Just stay away from the forums sims - they will not makeyou happy.
    R34ZMIU.png
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @sarabeth2984 I'm looking forward to sharing it. I'm so behind on my personal schedule for things, but I'm currently looking through almost 300 screenshots 😅. It was a lot of fun to play in Selvadorada.

I'll be getting my second vaccine tomorrow, so I'm preparing for a potential reaction. Everyone in my family that received the vaccine had a reaction to it. I had a mild reaction to the first one, mostly felt extremely fatigued and worn out.

Anyways, I'm hoping to finish some late spring cleaning, update on the Twins and the Merboys, and finish a chapter for my book before the end of the week. Lol, I've been keeping busy.

I'll probably have the update done tonight after work. I'm already late on my planned book update, but circumstances might not let me get to that until late this week or the next.
    I have had a reaction to my first dose of the vaccine. My older sister has had a reaction to her second dose. I'm told that if you have an reaction to your first dose, then your second dose won't kick you has hard. :)

@sunman502 That's good to know. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Fatigue is a difficult gauge when you have Bipolar. Bipolar is essentially Mania and Depression. Mood Swings aren't like anything depicted in the sims. Depression and Mania can last anywhere between months, weeks, days, or hours depending on the severity. The swing doesn't always feel like a rapid change in emotion, but it does feel like a sudden change from a manic high to a depressive low.

Anyways, Fatigue and Lethargy are both symptoms of Depression. I could have had a brief depressive episode around the same time of the shot. It would be hard for me to tell the difference given my high functioning condition, but I'm fairly certain that it was at least a very mild reaction.
  • Options
    @Keidra I wish I could use mods after seeing this post. If Calum wasn't a super dad that can literally solve a child's needs with swift efficiency, I would have really struggled with two sets of twins. When the game was getting ready to load the travel loading screen, I caught Calum dreaming about having another child, and I'm like:

"Calum, no... just no more."
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    @Metior_Ice I’ve always liked the challenge of multiples in my game, but that’s just me :D:D I wouldn’t want two sets of twins in real life though, that’d be too much! I’ve never had a parent go into full parent mode or do “Super Efficient Baby Care”. I’d like to try it, though.
    @DeafSimmer ooh, I’m looking forward to seeing the next generation when they’re older! The prophecy sounds pretty ominous.
    @Duvelina Sounds like a great story so far!
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited May 2021

Excerpts from the Diary of Roxanne Denney Monte**gro

-Mom’s gone. She passed away in the kitchen, where she spent most of her life, I guess. It’s hard to wake up in the morning and suddenly realize your mom’s dead. Several times a day, I think of something I want to say or tell her, and it hurts all over again when I realize I can’t, I can’t ever see or talk to my mother again. And poor dad just mopes around that empty house now. Watcher! How I hate this.
    Rosa and Ricky took it pretty hard. And Carlos, well, it’s hard to tell with him, he’s so like his dad, he keeps things all bottled up and puts up a brave front. Poor Miranda’s really taking it hard, she will still tear up whenever mom’s mentioned. It’s so impossible to ever know what is going on in that head of hers, I sure never have a clue. Tucker did the whole macho thing, honestly, men, well, I guess he thought he had to be strong for his children, and because Darsh was crying and looked so lost, he and mom had a special bond so….
    Austin resorted to being all doctor like and talking shop, I mean who really wants to know exactly why mom died. It’s not like with Becca Benali, where it was sudden and unexpected. I mean it was old age, we get it. But that’s Austin, he gets all intellectual about stuff, it’s the same kind of thing as the macho act Felipe and Carlos puts on, it’s just a way to distance themselves form actually showing emotion. Like it’s some kind of thing reserved for women or weaklings.
    That Stanley sure surprised me, I mean he hadn’t known mom all that long, but he was crying through the whole thing. That boy cried more than any of the other grandchildren put together. It just goes to show you. Honestly, I was a bit happy, no heartened, I mean, to see him showing some emotion, the men in my family could take some lessons from that boy and let themselves have a good cry sometimes.-

R6NcTbm.jpg
    The day before, Cristian and Dina shared a moment.

AYEThU1.jpg
    Dina passes away.

ey8JKuX.jpg
    Cristian mourns his wife.

-Of course, we all wondered what to do about dad. None of us think he should be all alone in that house. He’s really old and although he gets around and is still pretty active and all, not a single one of us kids thinks it’s a good idea for him to be living alone now. I mean the man has never been alone in his whole adult life, he thrives on being surrounded by family. We all got together, no spouses allowed, just us siblings, to discuss it, which in hindsight was probably not a good idea, no spouses or significant others to temper our natural sibling rivalries.
    Tucker said he was the oldest male and has that room upstairs where Nana lived when we were growing up, and that the house was familiar to dad since he raised us there. Austin said he was a doctor and was best equipped to deal with dad for that reason, plus he had plenty of space, it was just him and Karla. I said I was the oldest, I was always the go to for the rest of them anyway and that I had a bedroom we used as an office that we could set up for dad. Then we all started bickering amongst ourselves, the way brothers and sisters do, even when they are supposedly all grown up. That’s when Miranda shouted, Stop! We are not doing this, we will not fight about it. We all have room for dad and would welcome him, I have a whole attic room in my house that I could fix up for him. But we have to put up a united front, I heard that when Uncle Kyle died, she continued, Than and Omar fought over which of them Uncle Salim would go to live with and he just dug in his heals and stayed put because of it. So, we can’t do that, we can’t try to force dad to choose between us, because he won’t, you know how stubborn he is. Miranda is not a talker usually, so when she does have something to say, well, we usually listen. She was right. But none of us had any idea how to settle things. So, we drew straws. Austin won. We all agreed to urge dad to move in with Austin.
    So, I hatched a plan. The thing is, I had talked to Karla at the funeral and she kind of let slip that her and Austin were trying for a baby and had been for a while, she swore me to secrecy though. I guess they’re not telling anyone for some reason, no, I know why, when you constantly have people asking you if your “having any luck” or if there’s a “bun in the oven yet” all the time, it’s very aggravating. Plus, Austin probably has some thing about it, like afraid of not being man enough or whatever plus there’s him being a doctor and all. Anyway, I thought that there might just be a way to use that information to convince dad to move in with Austin.-

-So, a week later, I went over to dad’s and talked to him for awhile, then we got to talking about his future plans, etc. And I brought up living with me, this was a fake out see, he totally shot me down, of course, saying, Honey, you and Felipe have enough on your plates right now. Felipe just lost both his parents and he’s still dealing with that. That boy puts up a front, but I know he took it pretty hard. No matter how much he likes to act like he’s not hurting, we both know different, don’t we? I nodded my head.
    He continued, and as for Tucker, well, Kane was already a child when he was adopted and he’s still dealing with being a orphan if you ask me, Than Jeffries had issues over that, still does I guess, sometimes. And Stanley’s still settling in there, being a foster child, that must be hard on him, I can’t even imagine. And Reena is part of the mix too, the only girl in the house. The thing is, there’s a lot going on in that family, so me moving in will just stir it up more. When Your Nana moved in, well, I wasn’t thrilled, but you marry a whole family, not just a person. Oh, I got to really like having Katrina around, she always liked me and she turned out to be a big help and all. But it was a huge adjustment for our family, most of all me. Tucker’s family doesn’t need that right now. And Austin’s practically a newlywed, still in the honeymoon stage, so having me there would seem like a huge imposition. Then Miranda, well, she’s got that young man, Dane, living there right now. I wouldn’t like living with her and him, I’d say something eventually, you know me. Oh, dad is good, I give him that, but I had a trump card.
    Well, I said casually, I don’t know about Austin and Karla still being in the honeymoon stage, they’re trying for a baby now. I dropped the bombshell, and took dad off his guard, so to speak. And you know how Austin is, he’s so nit-picky about stuff, everything has to be neat and tidy and his way. Let’s face it, Austin was babied all his life, we spoiled him rotten, he literally has no experience taking care of a baby or a child, not like the rest of us. And I know Karla has never changed a diaper in her life. Plus, Austin was really concerned about you and mom after you retired. That’s why he lived with you till he got married, that and because he’s spoiled rotten. Plus, I just think he and Karla could use someone experienced with a baby like you. I know how hard it was with Carlos, if it hadn’t been for Nanny Prescott, that boy would still wear a diaper. Please just think about it dad, OK? So he must have, because dad moved in with Austin and Karla after we found out she was expecting.-

YVZx5bH.jpg
    Dinner with the family.

iFrVYEq.jpg
    Movie night at the Denney’s.

-Carlos is officially Betsy’s boyfriend now. We have to watch the two of them like hawks, they’re always stealing kisses and, well, you know. And Ricky is seeing Celeste Bennett, yes, the granddaughter of that Olivia (Spencer-Kim-Lewis) Bennet who was the big crime boss that got arrested. Celeste’s dad is her oldest son. Well, I don’t hold that against her, I mean, she seems like a nice girl and all. But, it’s Ricky’s first crush and I know how that can turn out. Having two teenage boys in the house all swept up in hormones and in full romance mode is a pain. OK, teen angst is SOP around here now. Jeez.

IQU27eG.jpg
    Carlo and Betsy are officially a couple.

rSGEnxX.jpg
    Ricky is seeing Celeste.

@AlwaysAsking Yep, Tucker and Darsh have a house full of kids now. I don't think they realized how the math would work out on ages, but soon they'll have 3 teenagers all at once. Tucker's taking a page from his parents, it looks like.

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    (Lots of rambling that doesn't make any difference incoming sorry, I do that lol)
    Honestly even just not having MCCC drives me about up a wall, idk how ya'll console players do it I really don't. Mad props. And then there are people with the ability to use mods that consciously decide not to and I'm like "I... what???" xD I tried a no-mods save and I about just died. I mean I guess if you've never played with mods you don't know what you're missing but man.

And yeah Cecily did that to me. Cecily AND Avery actually, they kept throwing try for baby whims, which is about as close as they get to actively asking for more kids, and I'm sitting here like Hilda is grown and in high school, stop this madness. After Ezio raising four kids I was like okay no more 3-4 toddlers at once, we're staggering them better. AT LEAST. I have stayed true to that and will even go so far as to reroll twins when my Sims happen to get pregnant with multiples. Even in legacies. I just can't.

And then Cynemaer. He... is my least favourite Sim ever, actually, he was a little snot as a child and was trying to throw tantrums as a teenager. He legitimately queued a tantrum while a teen (they can throw tantrums as children and teens, they just normally do not). He'd just come home from school with a mood swing and decided he was gonna have a meltdown. He is why I turned off crying and tantrums and defiance. He did that thing, you know that weird delay where the toddler gets the food and makes like they're going to eat it but just kinda sits there for a few seconds first? In that space right there, he starts screaming about being hungry. With food literally in his hand. At any time he could've taken a handful of food and eaten it and been fine. But no. He wanted to scream.
    I have never been so tempted to just straight up delete a toddler before or since. Never. I would've been happier if we'd only gotten Cecily out of that pregnancy. I guess on the bright side now I have all these toddler mods, all because Cynemaer was a snot.

Mod rambles:
    I actually juuuuust got the toddler defiance mod adjusted so that if they have a positive relationship with their family/caregiver(s), they won't be defiant with them, but if the toddler does not like the Sim, they still have the defiance chance as normal. After Thinking level 5 it stops outright. Seemed a lot more realistic than just "the toddler will never be a butt." (Or at least, I hope that's what I just did rofl I'm learning this modding situation the same way I learnt to programme: diving in screaming yolo and breaking it until I figure out how to unbreak it, so figuring it out is slow and sometimes x doesn't do what I intended.)

I need a mod tester smh. The issue with adjusting the toddler tunings is that I'm adjusting these because they're mentally straining for me to deal with, not just for funsies, or to make my toddler-raising life smooth as butter. So testing these mods is harder for me than I'd like. (Listen, I didn't go into this thinking I'm gonna be a modder. I didn't WANT to end up modding but apparently I'm the only person in the world that finds toddlers' handling annoying enough to mod it.)

Anywho, so today I was playing the Nachtstern legacy, and this is a fun one because I'm not freezing Ezio's ageing, or Morgyn's. So eventually they'll die off. I figure, honestly, like the worst that happens is I resurrect some people later. After I get to generation 10 or something. Lol

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-14-26-13.jpg
    Somehow Caleb got a kiss off before they'd had their first kiss and I was like oh I see you want kisses. Okay. Let's fix that then.
    TS4-x64-2021-05-07-14-45-55.jpg
    I took Ezio and Caleb out on a date. It's either the specific restaurant I chose, or restaurants are once again glitched to heck, so that's lovely. I was hoping to get places with their relationship at the restaurant on the date, but it was just so glitchy that wasn't possible, so.

Notice how Akira, Ezio's dad for those that don't know, is right behind them. lol awkward

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-17-52-17.jpg
    So we came home, and the thing with Calio is that they're both a little shy and a little skittish at first, so they have to take their romance at their own pace not mine. And mostly I let them take the wheels after I get the bar open, because otherwise they will rebel.

Fun story, actually, um one time I said something about switching Morgyn and Ezio on Caleb (and for those that are curious, Caleb actually met Ezio first, not Morgyn, so Ezio might be Morgyn's clone but to Caleb, Morgyn is the clone, and they were half-fighting over Cassandra Goth and then Caleb was like "Oh wait shoot, it's YOU I like not her, well son of a cricket"). And ever since then, Caleb has been slightly wary of Ezio when they first meet in a new save, like he's like "Is this Ezio or Morgyn with the wrong hair colour..." but he always figures it out eventually, he can tell the difference.

Last time I paired him with Morgyn-Morgyn, not Ezio-Morgyn, he ended up with a hurt sentiment. He can tell. And once he finds out yes this is Ezio, he just takes off flirting him up one side and down the other, they're honestly ridiculous.

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-17-55-21.jpg
    Their romance as usual just kind of took off on its own. They remain ridiculous. Lol

The fun thing about these two is that, I have autonomous woohoo turned on, and autonomous proposal. Ezio has only ever autonomously proposed to one Sim, and that's Caleb. He always does it eventually. (Caleb only autonomously proposed twice to another Sim, both times it was Morgyn, both times Morgyn said no. Rather politely, but it made an impression. Caleb's never autonomously proposed to anyone else ever again. Idk if he would eventually given the chance with Ezio, but Ezio always asks him.) One time, Ezio proposed to him in the freaking waterfall at Mua Pel'am.

In the waterfall.

It looks like I planned it I did not. They woohoo'd in the waterfall, and they spent some time flirting outside of it and then randomly Ezio gets down on one knee and I'm screaming at my computer like WHAT THE - EZIO WHAT IN THE- it was unbelievable. Nothing will ever top that. Nothing.

The only thing that'd top that, is if Ezio ever did it again. And I kind of wish he would because I'd like to get better pictures.

For those that missed that:
    10-06-20-3-20-15-AM2.png
    10-06-20-3-35-50-AM2.png
    I was just so shocked by this like it took me a second to figure out what the audio sting was and, cause he was the first one to autonomously propose, and I was like wh-WHA-WAIT- and it took me several seconds to find the pause button lol it was so surprising.

But honestly I should've expected something was up when Ezio looked at him like this
    10-06-20-3-31-39-AM2.png
    And Caleb looked at him like this
    10-06-20-3-17-05-AM2.png

I didn't need sentiments to tell me they were smitten as heck. Honestly, that save was utterly perfect and their relationship was unbelievably beautiful and it went and destroyed itself, and I've spent the last eight months trying in vain to recreate it.

10-14-20-9-51-26-PM2.png
    And their WEDDING oml-

BUT, despite how frequently they romantically interact, they autonomously woohoo very, very rarely, so since I have risky woohoo on and normal try for baby disabled, and I'm letting them take the reigns it could be quite some time before they have a kid. If ever they do. This legacy may die young. Lol

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-18-01-19.jpg
    But we did get past the first woohoo. So now they can autonomously play tag.

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-18-28-03.jpg
    Akira came by to visit, again, so that was nice. Usually when I'm playing Ezio, I have Akira Kibo and Lana McKinnon as Ezio and Morgyn's parents, and this started in the perfect save where Ezio proposed in the waterfall. Lana had died and somehow Morgyn got her gravestone, so we put her outside with some candles and flowers, and she came out one day. Morgyn started talking to her and I looked between them and I said huh. You two look a little alike.

So we adopted Lana as his mom. Akira happened because Lana, after she and Simeon were paired off by MCCC a few times, turned out not to get on with Simeon very well, he was actually kind of abusive to her, at least as close to it as Sims can get. He'd yell at her suddenly a lot for no apparent reason, I assume because of ... gloomy except that doesn't make sense so maybe the gloomy-snob combo? Idk. Anyway, a friend of mine said Akira and Lana get along really well so I tried it and click so here we are.

Well, nowadays I think I want their mom to actually be Tess. Go figure. Lana is not a very good distance-mom. She's actually not a very good live-in mom either. In the family save, she very clearly favours Morgyn, to the point she will completely ignore Ezio in a conversation with him if Morgyn or Tess is also in it. Whenever she does the tuck in interaction, it's on Morgyn. She doesn't watch Ezio, she watches Morgyn. And when she doesn't live with them, she never comes over or calls or anything. In the Eisenstern legacy she never sent presents for birthdays either. She did come over once and that was it. So I'm not super fond of her as their mom. Idk if she's just not a good mom in my game or if it's the Embers specifically.

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-18-43-04.jpg
    These two are still flirting nonstop. They're actually both inspired in this lol

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-18-44-48.jpg
    More autonomous knitting. He knits when he's happy, isn't that cute? Omg. xD

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-18-50-20.jpg
    In this picture, Ezio has to use the bathroom. He felt like painting was more important, pushed it to the moodlet and when the plumbob turns orange-red. Yeah. Ezio, pls. lol

Me: Ezio, do you wanna be Damiana?
    Ezio: ... why can't I be a formless, genderless being of the aether?
    Me: Unfortunately, physical biology is a thing we are all chained to.
    Ezio: Psh. And if I was female, my name would be Hecate.
    Me: ... that is the most Extra thing you've ever said.
    Ezio: No it's not.
    Me: ... yeah no it's not.

TS4-x64-2021-05-07-19-08-59.jpg
    I realised Ezio was not taking showers and I was like what how, what is this voodoo. Turns out he washes his hands *constantly*, he does it after every painting he paints, every time he goes out in the garden, every time he eats, it's insane. Caleb does not do this it's just him.

I guess he developed germaphobia at some point lol
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    @sarabeth2984 I'm looking forward to sharing it. I'm so behind on my personal schedule for things, but I'm currently looking through almost 300 screenshots 😅. It was a lot of fun to play in Selvadorada.

I'll be getting my second vaccine tomorrow, so I'm preparing for a potential reaction. Everyone in my family that received the vaccine had a reaction to it. I had a mild reaction to the first one, mostly felt extremely fatigued and worn out.

Anyways, I'm hoping to finish some late spring cleaning, update on the Twins and the Merboys, and finish a chapter for my book before the end of the week. Lol, I've been keeping busy.

I'll probably have the update done tonight after work. I'm already late on my planned book update, but circumstances might not let me get to that until late this week or the next.
    I have had a reaction to my first dose of the vaccine. My older sister has had a reaction to her second dose. I'm told that if you have an reaction to your first dose, then your second dose won't kick you has hard. :)

@sunman502 That's good to know. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Fatigue is a difficult gauge when you have Bipolar. Bipolar is essentially Mania and Depression. Mood Swings aren't like anything depicted in the sims. Depression and Mania can last anywhere between months, weeks, days, or hours depending on the severity. The swing doesn't always feel like a rapid change in emotion, but it does feel like a sudden change from a manic high to a depressive low.

Anyways, Fatigue and Lethargy are both symptoms of Depression. I could have had a brief depressive episode around the same time of the shot. It would be hard for me to tell the difference given my high functioning condition, but I'm fairly certain that it was at least a very mild reaction.
    I can see your point. I use to work in a general hospital and are quite familiar with vaccines. Because you are given some that are required when starting work at hospital. Now I didn't treat the patients. But I was still around them all day five days a week. You should be okay with the Covid vaccine. But if you do have any sever symptoms with the vaccine, please consult a doctor or Pharmacist right away.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I’ve always liked the challenge of multiples in my game, but that’s just me :D:D I wouldn’t want two sets of twins in real life though, that’d be too much! I’ve never had a parent go into full parent mode or do “Super Efficient Baby Care”. I’d like to try it, though.

@Lucy_Henley

Calum parenting is a life saver because the children can't defy him, and he actually is the most involved with his kids out of him and Arihi. Arihi has gotten better, but she's just not the most involved parent. She does like hanging out with Zeph, but Zeph took after her more than his dad. Calum has level 10 parenting plus the traits from most of the aspirations. He has 5 kids already, 2 sets of twins and Ember. He might actually like looking after toddlers.
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    (Lots of rambling that doesn't make any difference incoming sorry, I do that lol)
    Honestly even just not having MCCC drives me about up a wall, idk how ya'll console players do it I really don't. Mad props. And then there are people with the ability to use mods that consciously decide not to and I'm like "I... what???" xD I tried a no-mods save and I about just died. I mean I guess if you've never played with mods you don't know what you're missing but man.

And yeah Cecily did that to me. Cecily AND Avery actually, they kept throwing try for baby whims, which is about as close as they get to actively asking for more kids, and I'm sitting here like Hilda is grown and in high school, stop this madness. After Ezio raising four kids I was like okay no more 3-4 toddlers at once, we're staggering them better. AT LEAST. I have stayed true to that and will even go so far as to reroll twins when my Sims happen to get pregnant with multiples. Even in legacies. I just can't.

And then Cynemaer. He... is my least favourite Sim ever, actually, he was a little snot as a child and was trying to throw tantrums as a teenager. He legitimately queued a tantrum while a teen (they can throw tantrums as children and teens, they just normally do not). He'd just come home from school with a mood swing and decided he was gonna have a meltdown. He is why I turned off crying and tantrums and defiance. He did that thing, you know that weird delay where the toddler gets the food and makes like they're going to eat it but just kinda sits there for a few seconds first? In that space right there, he starts screaming about being hungry. With food literally in his hand. At any time he could've taken a handful of food and eaten it and been fine. But no. He wanted to scream.
    I have never been so tempted to just straight up delete a toddler before or since. Never. I would've been happier if we'd only gotten Cecily out of that pregnancy. I guess on the bright side now I have all these toddler mods, all because Cynemaer was a snot.

@Keidra

Calum has level 10 parenting. Children can't tell him no or be defiant. He can help solve a child's needs with special parenting interactions to prevent meltdowns. That's why he's so great to have when there are a lot of toddlers present. The toddlers will not defy him nor will they throw as many tantrums because he can just boost their needs out of the red. He's also got the super parent trait, so he can boost character values that help influence a child's behaviors.

51158515857_114761aa61_k.jpg

Calum and Arihi have the fertile trait, so the chance for multiple births is consistently very high with them. If they have another kid, it could easily be more twins. Calum would love it, but he has five kids already. Arihi is usually better with teens and children.

I usually make my teens practice the guitar or violin because it unlocks the interaction, Play with Emotion. Dylan and Zeph autonomously use that interaction as young adults, and the thing that makes that interaction so useful is that it raises emotional control so mood swings happen less often, but it also gets their mood under control. Zeph and Dylan are almost never enraged or stay hysterical because they can just pull out an instrument and get their mood under control. Character values make a huge difference and dealing with toddlers throwing tantrums is actually one of the ways you help them boost their character values. You can also teach them to say please and thank you (for Manners) as well as how to say sorry (for Conflict Resolution).

I will say this, if Underwater lots become a thing and Dylan and Zeph can move out and live underwater, I will let Calum have another kid.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Speaking of character values... Artemis is currently on track to earn four character values traits. Her emotional control isn’t great, but the others are. She went through a Mean Streak phase at one point and ended up having a Festering Grudge towards her mother, so I got her to apologise a lot which helped. Erytheia is also having a Mean Streak phase right now but hasn’t really done any mean interactions, probably because I mostly play as her and doesn’t get left to her own devices much. She’s on track to earn Good Manners and Responsible, and the others are all in the green but not at the level to earn the trait. I find Good Manners and Responsible the easiest ones to increase.
    Of course, if I was really desperate I could cheat, but I’d prefer not to.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    Yeah Ezio's got parenting 10 now. ... in the Eisenstern save anyway. Actually I think he got it some time after the twins were born. But since I start over with him every time I do a new legacy with him there's a fairly long period where he doesn't lol And I'd probably die before I ever got the fertile trait so good on you I guess. xD Ezio throws twins very easily though! The test legacy I did with him, he also had twins in that one. Oml.

Cecily and Cassandra love instruments and spent a lot of time with play with emotion. Annoyingly I noticed there's a timer on it now, there wasn't before. -eye roll-

And yeah I know that. I know WHY it is. I know it's perfect for teaching. Actually going through the tuning for the disciplining system and whatnot, I can tell you this is one of the most thoroughly thought out systems in this game. I know there are ways to mitigate it. I probably have a better idea of how to work it than most BECAUSE I've seen the back-end tuning. The issue is that when it DOES happen, it's not like "Oh that's annoying" it's a literal, legitimate trigger for me. It sends me into a not happy mental state. I thought maybe I could handle it and then Cynemaer started screaming at the wall and I was hit with a sudden strong urge to hit him with a lightning bolt and I knew no, I can't. Btw, I have yet to have a child I've raised not end up with all of the positive character values traits. They tend to max them out rather quickly.
    Like I've said before, it's like a PTSD reaction to it. It may actually BE a PTSD reaction. In real life that's one thing but I don't have kids for a reason either. For me, I HAVE to make it stop and I have shift-click reset toddlers for daring to scream in my presence because it sets me off and my brain does the first thing it can think of to make it stop. If it can't make it stop, it gets away from it, if it can't get away from it, it dissociates. Dissociation is a trauma response. Basically means the game is hurting me. I have this reaction to screaming in general, so honestly it's not even just kids. If someone uses the right (wrong?) words in written medium I can have the same reaction to written communication. This is entirely a me problem. With a player base this large I probably am not the only one with this issue, but a lot more people enjoy the challenge of playing toddlers, and some even refuse to control their toddlers directly!, which is the only way I can do it without mods omg, but, I am not one and I don't feel like I should be denied raising families in the raise a family game because I can't stand screaming. But I also understand I am something of an anomaly. Normal people don't react to screaming the way I do. And the onus is on me to find ways of making the game more comfortable for me, not on EA.

This is why people that are like omg The Sims is a safe space EA make it my safe space really make me mad, because yeah, but with a player base this big, you can't make it a safe space for everyone. Some of the responsibility for making that safe space lies with the player. A lot of it maybe. You change one thing and now this cluster is happy but that one is mad instead. I mean really. Let's be a little realistic here people. Take the scared emotion screaming at someone's face interaction. Most people probably find that funny. I don't. So if EA changed that one thing to accommodate my weird safe space requirements, everyone else would be pretty darn bummed out. Might even complain. Really guys? As an aside, things like THIS is exactly why this game can't survive as an online multiplayer game.

If I couldn't turn this stuff off... I would not be playing families, ever, and I actually really enjoy family play. What little of it we have. Unfortunately for my legacies, I pre-roll the baby numbers for each generation long before I get to it, and Cecily and Avery only rolled a two. Tragic for them. xD But Gabriel and Cassandra have a 1. >> But good for me because it means I won't be raising a thousand kids this gen. Whenever I play it again.

Mods are also nice for mitigating bugs. Do they cause them sometimes? Sure, probably. But man the number of them they get rid of... MCCC's tuner autonomy scan let me disable autonomous cooking, and now my Sims only eat leftovers. c: No more cooking bug!

Last night, I loaded up a very old save, the first one I did Liberty Lee x Morgyn Ember in, we've still got an active Cassandra Goth x Ezio x Drake triad running in it too, but this one was last saved in June of 2020. The house is loaded with stairs. None of them work. xDDD So now I need to build. I also *attempted* to disable romantic conversations from turning awkward, Draziandra are good at not flirting with each other when all three are in the same convo, but sentiments are a thing that exist now and destroyed my polys, because the default tone is suggestive with romantic sentiments and when a third person joins the convo it immediately turns awkward. Relationship hits were happening and the game was trying very hard to eject Cassandra from the Draziandraleb (Drake, Ezio, Cassandra, Caleb Vatore) polycule and made me so mad I haven't played a poly in the game since.

3a0cce7a55b26c78ad6487b598e5574a9b0e3638.png
    (Believe it or not... Cassandra's pregnant. LOL)

So... we'll see if I fixed the mess of polys sentiments have made. After I rebuild their house. This started because I was going through old save screenshots and I ran into this one and just. Missed it suddenly. Fun trivia, Liberty is the only one to ever propose to Morgyn and get a yes. The first time, Morgyn proposed to her. I think he did it autonomously too. In his PJs. Because yes.

05-16-20_3-56-25_AM.png

This is the save Morgyn and Liberty have a son, his name's Ezra.

06-04-20_8-05-28_PM.png

My Liberty Lee is heterochromatic, one eye green the other brown, and since Morgyn's eyes are green, I was like "The child gets the heterochromia."
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Well my game is working again, sort of, not well enough to do any sort of planned storyline though. I still have the screenshots from the second part of Lilitu's potential new boyfriend meeting her parents, I might post them later when I'm feeling a bit better.

In the meantime I'm just going to appreciate everyone else's game stories. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

MerMay Extras: The Vacation in Selvadorada Part 2

When the rest of the Zalrian Family showed up to participate in the twin's vacation, Jade had a spontaneous idea. Naturally, she got her twin brother involved.

Jade: "So Juniper, let's sneak off into the jungle and do some exploring!"

Juniper: "I don't know. Aren't we a bit young to go there unsupervised?"

Jade: "Nah, there's nothing to worry about. I won't take no for an answer."

51159419483_a5dc2df0ca_b.jpg

So, the Earth Elemental Twins, and Spirits of the Land and Plants, went exploring in the Jungle.

51158516347_7cb02df58d_b.jpg
    Eventually, the Earth Elemental Twins reached the Temple deep inside the Jungle.

Juniper inherited mermadic powers from his parents despite being an Earth Elemental because he's the Spirit of Plants and Child of the Sun. He had no trouble swimming through the flooded hall with his powerful tail.

51159419468_d24f8661ce_c.jpg

Jade swam much slower, and it took her longer to catch up. She was born a Vampire because she's the Earth Elemental Spirit of the Land and Child of the Moon.

51159419448_b8e895a6e5_b.jpg

The younger twins tried to explore the temple in their occult attire, but they were only fledgling elementals that barely started to tap into their full power. Jade demonstrated her in naivety when she started to play with the traps. Juniper wasn't impressed and grew very tired. As a Child of the Sun, daylight hours were more of a natural time to be awake.

51159178211_7f88158e44_b.jpg

Since they were both immortals, they really didn't experience any real threats to their life there. They just weren't supposed to be there.

51158516297_31201da30e_b.jpg

Juniper happily sank into the channel and dozed off.

51159963659_49b231e15d_b.jpg

Because Juniper was sleeping, he failed to notice his father entering the temple and looking for them. Calum caught up to Jade first since she was the only one visible in the water.

Calum: "You shouldn't be sneaking into a place like this. You're on summer vacation, but you still have responsibilities. Why aren't you practicing your Vampiric Magic or doing your homework. You need to learn control before you enter a place like this."

Jade: "You're such a buzz kill. I'm fine."

Calum: "Young lady, you need to go home this instant. Besides, how are you going to get home safe when the sun comes up. It's almost dawn."

Jade: "Fine, I'll go home."

51160285915_88edd04b9b_h.jpg

Calum went over to Juniper after finding him submerged underwater. Waking him up was the hardest part, but as a determined parent, sleeping underwater didn't stop Calum.

Calum: "Juniper, I want you to enjoy this trip that we are spending so much money on, but you need enjoy it responsibly. No more sneaking off and exploring the temple without me, your mom, or your older brothers."

Juniper: "I understand. I wanted to go home anyways. It's a bit cramped sleeping here."

Calum: "Thank you for cooperating. We'll be going on a day trip into the jungle so get some rest."

51159419418_6825170ff9_h.jpg

Ever since Ember made Rocky her familiar, he learned to talk with the power of magic. Apparently, he also learned how to use a cell phone.

51160285860_c9c0da328d_n.jpg

Ember spent the dawn practicing her magic and playing games. Ember was also starting to gain weight with her sedentary lifestyle. In spite of her lifestyle, she still didn't look bad for it.

51158516257_e751bd3853.jpg

51159419363_9b1a3e46ce_b.jpg

51159419398_c0640d33ec_h.jpg

The Zalrians started their artifact excavations early in the morning. They didn't go far into the jungle to find plenty of dig sites. To avoid sun exposure, Jade had to stay home. However, Rocky joined them in the jungle.

51158516202_cbf64720b9_b.jpg

Zephyr went to work establishing excavation sites so the entire family could participate in the dig.

51159178091_7225c61565_b.jpg

51160285480_239e7942ee_b.jpg

While Calum thought about how awesome he looked in his adventure gear and Juniper talked about the latest computer games, Arihi focused on uncovering new artifacts.

51158516177_d05718d9f3_z.jpg

Ember joined the twins as they excavated another site. Zephyr told her a story about a robot invasion. Zeph is a geek through and through.

51160285470_67dbbd90bc_b.jpg

Rocky: "Why am I here? Where is the food? Are you listening to me! Look at me, not at that dirt pile. Are you sure it was a good idea to bring me here. The Jungle is no place for a cat! There are spiders dropping down from the canopy."

Arihi proceeded to focus on her excavations and pretended that cats still couldn't talk.

51159178086_e1fe8edc35_b.jpg

The spiders landed on Arihi, but she just stood still and watched as they hopped off her and fell to the ground.

Rocky: "I tried to warn you."

51159419308_ea981440e6_c.jpg

Calum had a swarm of bees descend on him. He stayed still and managed to outsmart nature.

51160285775_66a9c99ccd_c.jpg

The twins continued to work hard on their archeology skill so they could get past the last obstacles in the Temple. Dylan told Ember stories while Arihi watched the clouds.

51158516132_464bc91a2b_c.jpg

After finding more dig sites, Dylan and Zeph had spiders descend on them at the same time. The twins were in sync and both stayed still to outsmart nature.

51159419273_e56839b585_z.jpg

Arihi looked at them with pride. She raised a couple of very smart young men.
    (She wasn't actually that involved with their positive developments...)

51159963479_ff3ebffe29_c.jpg

51159419243_6fc6327ae7_z.jpg

While Arihi spoke to the avocado tree. Rocky leaped out of the jungle brush.

Rocky: "I am Jungle Cat. Hear me roar. Mhew!"

Arihi ignored him.

Rocky: "I know it defies all laws of reason lady, but I can talk. Look At Me!"

Arihi continued to speak to the tree.

Rocky: "I ask you. How does talking to a tree make more sense than a talking cat?!"

51158516002_70f186c3d7_b.jpg

Spiders descended on Juniper, but Juniper came prepared. He pulled out a can of bug spray and sprayed them until they were dead twice over. The spiders ran in fear because Juniper no mess around.

51159178006_d805591ded_b.jpg

Zeph thought, but knew better than to speak when someone with insect phobia were in kill bugs mode: "Bro, they're dead. You can stop spraying your shoulder."

51159419203_99285b195d_b.jpg

Believing that the dangers of the jungle had passed, the Zalrians began chatting, telling stories, and laughing.

Arihi's thoughts: "Remind me to never get on Juniper's bad side."

Ember: "Just think of all the amazing artwork we'll be able to display at home now that the danger has past."

Zeph's thoughts: "We're unstoppable adventurers now."

51159963429_dafcd798c9_b.jpg

Soon after, more spiders landed on Calum with a vengeance. Calum didn't know how to handle the situation and was bit by the spiders. He ran around with a smile on his face in spite of his panic. Rocky ran sporadically through the jungle as Jungle Cat!

51159419173_f500c0f469_k.jpg

Rocky: "I need to go to the bathroom really bad, but there's no bathroom in the Jungle. I need my fancy litter box with laser eyes!"

51159963389_527f4937f7_h.jpg

Arihi stopped Calum's panic by serenading him. Calum instantly forgot about the spider bite as he listened to her charming, er, yeah, charming voice. It's the thought that counts.
    Okay, I didn't update her singing skill with all the other merfolk in my game. I have over 30 merfolk in my game, and it would take forever to insta level 10 all of their singing. Besides, Arihi is only a half-blood mermaid. She's the original elemental.

51159177946_d1aa660a9b_c.jpg

Ember: "May lightning strike me while it rains!"

Juniper: "You don't actually mean that?!"

Ember: "Nah, I just want an excuse to go home."

51158515952_2689caab3b_b.jpg

Arihi and Calum were the first to go home after their encounters with Spiders and Jungle Cat. Ember got her wish when a swarm of Plasma Bats descended on her and bit her. Her sedentary life style coming back to literally bite her. So, Ember went home.

51159419133_0f6d67aa05_z.jpg

Jungle Cat tried to endure, but the need for his Fancy Litter Box and the sudden heatwave was too much for him. So, he went home.

51159177926_09cf10f25e_b.jpg

51159418903_2523f41d02_b.jpg

Juniper and the Twins were starting to get dehydrated at this point, but a swarm of bees was too much for Juniper. So, Juniper went home.

51159177676_5563efaf86_b.jpg

51159963089_cd1f9e99c1_z.jpg

Only the twins remained, and a swarm of Plasma Bats descended on them. Fortunately, the twins were able to dodge their bites.

Zeph: "Of course they would swarm at us at the exact same time!"

51159963314_ee38ca50b5_b.jpg

Zeph, as the Spirit of the Sky, called a rain storm to solve their hydration need and end the heat wave. The twins went to work finishing their excavations in the rain before returning home.

51159419098_3b914a6170_c.jpg

51160285425_77b4655926_c.jpg

51158515622_e55dae1c41_b.jpg

Author Commentary:
    The vaccination did have an effect, but after being medicated, wearing sweats in an already hot room, and taking it slow. I felt good enough to make this post, but I didn't feel good enough to make it the final part of the vacation. So, there will be one more part when I start feeling better again. For now, I have a severe headache, sore muscles, and occasional chills. Still, it isn't as bad as if I waited to catch the virus for antibodies. I honestly curse my ADHD brain that won't turn off, and I didn't want to sit around and do nothing all day. Staring at the ceiling feeling miserable gets kinda boring... I should be thanking my ADHD for one thing. I still have my ADHD Hyperactive Energy. I'm miserable but energized.
  • Options
    sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    In my latest Rags to Riches post, Gem and Todrick welcomed their second child

vHfjCSR.jpg
    hqEK2sI.png

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member

Comments pg 858 only...

@keidra your toddler mods sound very interesting - I hate the whole grudge thing that sentiments added. In my 100 babies toddlers wre just ignored for every single behaviour except for not eating - I am sure social services would have had something to say about the crying, tantruming dirty tots - the mod would have been a lifesaver! Caleb with the long hair is adorable. Quin has the jumping romance with Anton and Rohan (and friendship also with Rohan). Not every pair has it but I love it when they do.
    Life stuff
    Oh poor you. I have similar migraines - I can usually head them of with codeine based pain killers (I am allergic to ibuprofen) but only if I catch them when 1 symptom is showing - by the time I get to the visuals I know I am in for 48 hours of pain. I never wish migraines on my enemies let alone my friends so I hope you don't get them in the future - there is preventative meds you can take - they are contra indicated for me but my friends have had a lot of success with stopping migraines from appearing. I have my fingers crossed that your fever is nothing serious. You were braver than me getting your wisdom teeth out! Mine are so impacted, I need a surgeon and general anaesthetic. I am scared of going under so have put it off for several years and I am sure it just gets more difficult to fix every year I leave it - so the pandemic gave me an excuse to avoid doing anything about them last year). SO good on you.

Tess does look so much like Ezio. I love your sage Eve's cc hair. Travis'family story makes me think of Chucky and his Dad from Rugrats LOL.

@Jyotai I love your story of your divorced parents. I often get caught up in my sims emotional reactions and let them do things that was not in my plans too.

@DeafSimmer Sadie the Bernedoodle is adorable. Is she full size or will she get bigger?

@Lucy_Henley I hate the clubbing with friends interaction that replaced the dance party invitation on that lot. I use my clubs for skill building and are not really friends with most club members plus , I agree with you - there is nothing to do besides swim.

@Thrior your whole spiteful hero vampire thing is amazing. I love it when funny random stuff like that occurs in a game.

@zheplays I love my Quin for his silliness too - thank you. I love the pic of the two toddlers in the climbing tunnels.

@AlwaysAsking I love your saves where you match up the premades and give them children. 70 new children sounds exhausting though! I love Alexander with the purple hair - I didn't know kids could have coloured hair - what pack is that from (prob. one of the many I don't have!). And teen Alexander aged ok - he is always hideous in my games and I am envious of people who seem to have nice looking Alexanders. Hahahahah Mortimer's comment about Gunther Munch was a low blow (well to Gunther at least). The new hair cut really suits Alexander. Now is Summer miserable because she is with Don in this save as well. (Now I am having a private giggle about how silly Summer's Don is and some of the dumb things you had him say in the past. I must admit he is one of my favourites of your Dons.
    As for your questions - no Quin and Anton have a brand new save. I have a full skill married copy (where I am currently up to in my save) of Quin and Rohan (and Beowoof) in my library. So I hit start a new save - placed Anton in his flat, gave him some money and a job and left him to his own devices. I then renovated Pier Palace (next to Joaquin & Sergio's house) placed Quin and Rohan then deleted Rohan in CAS. So Quin can write any style of novel / film any social media (as in his original save) and is lvl 10 cooking . fitness etc and all the skills he has taught Beowoof they both know and can do together but technically Rohan isn't in his family tree or ever existed. But seriously he sat around sobbing and crying like he knew what he had lost - I didn't fake those shots of Quin being sad when I placed him. So Quin should have a trace memory of Rohan but teen Rohan in the save is a brand new sim. But just like any other save he and Quin instantly wanted to talk together when they saw each other (by the time Rohan is a YA Quin will be at the end of adult stage - if I had aging on which I dont, so I dont think Rohan will be an issue for Quin and Anton).

@Lyrie - You know I was only play acting disappointed - i love a good autonomous proposal form a sim - and I am triply glad it was NOT the bathroom LOL oh dear one of my sims will do that now I bet! Actually the autonomous neck kiss from Anton before the first kiss made me the happiest especially because it caught e totally by surprise. I wont let them have kids in that save but like you I wondered and made some kids in CAS all the boys were winners (I clicked several randoms to check but went back to the originals generated) - they have complementrary features obviously. However the nice girls were few and far between - most generated without a chin or giant eyes - or both. The game couldn't feminise their features very well. I will put up shots next time.

I don't know whether I have said before but I love Rainbow's bedroom - its so bright and happy. And Juli throwing up , hmm, I have theories and it wasn't a winter cold LOL (the napping shot was adorable)

@sarabeth2984 Typical Thorne is a Xenophobic alien hater! (It does make me smile that the do impression interaction was about an actor - well if the show fits Thorne hahaha) I love Granite Falls but never use it so much - unlike you.I wish they would add Mt Komorebi style walking trails to the pack (but they won't). It would improve it no end. Is the water balloon fight from Seasons? I love that Thorne knocked Clint over LOL The date between Clint and Rosie seemed so sweet - and I agree that outfit was made for Clint. I spend half my time with my game checking out the background sims. I like how you converted the Rattlesnake Juice bar - I do that a lot now when I am too lazy to build a new community lot.

@BlueSeaWaves I like to use my sims over and over - I think its movies like sliding doors or Run Lola Run etc make me think of alternate realities or even stories like a Christmas Carol or Its a wonderful Life have played on my brain for years. I have to say that although my real life friend's backstory is simialar to Anton's he would freak if people thought he looked like him. My friend is very tanned and ultra good looking (the ones whose orientation is not yours always are!!) and I could never do him justice in the sims. But his looks were not what I wanted for Anton.

Wow - that seems like a lot of drama for Anna and Archie and Arthur. I think I am a little lost as I haven't been reading or posting except for the last couple on Quin - so Archie is Arthur's father but didn't know? How is Archie with his grandparent's if he was adopted? Arthur did a DNA test and found out the truth? Sorry for the questions but the drama is fascinating LOL
    I know I would be hurt by Anna if I was Archie. (I have a thing for red haired sims and Archie is lovely).

• Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    This weekend I was playing with my teenage witch household, Rosemary. She is living alone, making living by knitting (basically all the money go to bills). She started in a house in Willow Creek, things were kinda slow, aside from her complete incompetence as a gardener and difficulty to keep up her grades because Summer would constantly ask her to hang out and getting her juiced once (I accidentally clicked the wrong option on the ping pong table). But then she moved to the Evergreen Harbor to a house previously owned by Civic Planner who had made several upgrades in the house.

And then it started.

She went on dabbling in potion making, discovered the plentiful needs one, decided to do more, got cursed with Curse of Uncleansable Stench, right after discovered the Curse Cleansing potion, thought "great!" and used that, instead of cleansing got cursed with Curse of Infectious Laughter. Giggles and stinky stains everywhere. Summer came for visit and got infected by the infectious laughter curse. Then Rosemary went to bath, got the toilet on fire by using it. Got told by firefighter to be careful and now she is one dirty laughing mess and I wonder if Summer will go on and infect who know who else and how to clean it all up. All of this happened in less than half an hour of real time. I've played with witches before but it never was this messy, it's great!
  • Options
    So, I recovered from the vaccine symptoms after a day of misery. I'll be making it a priority to update the index after I make the last update for the Twins' vacation in Selvadorada. Then, I'll finish the updates for Calden's Story.

@Lucy_Henley my favorite thing about character values is how they impact the behavior of sims. Dylan and Zeph make for great neighbors because they are so well-mannered and always try to be helpful. They are capable of doing dark things, but they generally choose not to because of the character values. You can count on Dylan to make sims have positive moods with the stories he tells. Zeph is a bit of a loner like his mom, but he's a handy sim that might help to fix something. Either way, they are both extremely well-behaved sims that are more likely to be helpful than hurtful.

I don't think Dylan or Zeph have a single enemy. Everyone in my save likes them. They are good sims without the good trait.

@DeafSimmer I'm hoping Wardon isn't the one from the prophecy, and I hope he gets to be friends with Rosalina and Eilonwy.
  • Options
    Oh, I almost forgot.

@Keidra I know that the tantrums are a trigger. I was just trying to explain how I manage on the Console that doesn't support mods.

I would not be able to handle multiple toddlers without a sim like Calum. There's something about him that makes him better at caring for toddlers than normal. He's a natural father, and he's been that way before he got the family oriented trait. Sure, he has the parenting skill maxed and some of the family aspiration traits, but there is just something about him that makes him very good at parenting. Arihi isn't a bad mom, but she's a better parent to teens while Calum is good with toddlers and children. I almost deleted Arihi because she was difficult with toddlers and Calum did most of the work. However, she got better as the Twins and their siblings got older.

So, I rely on sims that must have a hidden trait that makes them good with kids, the skills, and traits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top