Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I dunno, I haven't had a problem yet... (crosses fingers)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Page 3878

@bekkasan I'm hoping he gets it soon. Wasn't really wanting to have him eat life fruit but I ended up doing so. Speaking of Toaster, should be seeing him around every once in a while. I used mods so he isn't related to the family anymore but I have an idea for him.
    It does. The skill goes a bit faster, but the quality of drinks doesn't.
    Thank you. Results are in now, not sure if you've made it to that post yet.
    Lol, didn't know there was a mod so toddlers could play in the toilet.
    Guess the rocking chair is pretty popular.

@GraceyManor Not very nice of that guy to act that way.
    Hopefully Rachel can help him out.
    Sad that Rachel didn't know her father.
    Great update!

@emorrill Lol, my town used to have many more kids in each year. My moms graduating class in this town had 70 or so.
    You're welcome.
    I thought so too, although I will have to change her up a bit, use a different hair. The one you suggested will be back on her when she is a bit older though.

@Nitroglycol Sounds like you had several deaths happening.

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm glad Haruo's mother at least tried to protect him, give herself a little redemption.
    It's sad what happened to their parents, but I'm glad they have each other.
    Something tells me Mac can handle it, although it's gonna be tough. We all know how teenagers can be.
    It's tough in the military, but desertion is a serious crime. Jack at least needs a punishment, although death may be a bit too much.
    That punishment sounds fair enough.
    Poor Parker. Not! :lol:
    Great update!
    Wow, sounds like someone didn't want to be a father.
    Hope someone is kind enough to help Fiona out.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.
    She's gonna be busy, finding 5 guys.
    One down, four to go.
    Great update!

@Lucy_Henley That's a good question, lol
    No more and go to bed and the baby is crying.
    Happy birthday to the twins!
    Great update!

@Emily4331 Everything is fine on my end, at least at the moment. It may be fixed now as your post was a few hours before I got on here tonight.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have been switching through two households for my next set of updates :smile:

Amy has invited Tammy's household over

WaoIofB.jpg

Humara is thinking of Nick again!

r0d91N1.jpg

I have now started a new concept. Mentoring. New Sims will be mentored by other Sims who have been around a bit longer. Amy is being mentored by Tammy

yZy2Cu3.jpg

Russ gets mentored by Nick who gives him 'advice' on how to win girls over

nRrQQLS.jpg

Megan mentors Abi

301yG0o.jpg

Both are shy

PtliuCm.jpg

Ellie gets mentored by Anna but she is not impressed

3LYHsIB.jpg

Anna seems to suggest that Ellie 'manipulates guys to get what she wants' which Ellie does not agree with

zAXS3K3.jpg

Carl is being mentored by Simon and expressed his concern that Russ is also trying to get with Katie who Carl likes

s1ktLDD.jpg

Simon is concerned

SuKWxpK.jpg

Humara is of course talking to Nick when she is meant to be mentoring Katie

QrUdI1X.jpg

Is Humara trying to set her up with Russ?

omhlBFF.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Started my new, improved Ava Sinclair story. It may be somewhat the same as the other but bear with me as it will go in a different direction as I’m taking more time to develop the story.
  • Options
    HolyCrapI%2527m50.jpg
    *tick-tock*...~oh well...~ At least I can say I'm young at heart...

if-you-dont-grow-up-by-age-35-you-dont-have-to-quote-1.jpg
    YAYYYYY!!!! :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Hope everyone enjoys their Uni experience.
    ****They seem to be enjoying it so far.
    ****Oh, the joys of studying.
    ****Methinks most of your Sim 'friends' don't actually like each other.
    ****One of the biggest reasons to throw a party is the free food.

@bekkasan Cute kitties!

@Turjan How fancy!

@meerkattime Thank you! I don't think it gave anymore trouble after replacing it. I'll find out for sure when I get back around to that save.

@Brandontaylor I like traveling, too, I just rarely remember to do so.
    ****I love that ax.
    ****They seem happy to be home.

@emorrill Lovely photos! They never did get back to me about it. What really stings is that there are many accepted submissions that fall into one of categories I was rejected for (too simple, too big/complex, not "realistic" enough). Oh, well.
    ****Great update! I love Leah's hair.
    ****I would be the one falling on my butt. Also, Gin Blossoms don't get enough love.
    ****Looks pretty close!

@Nitroglycol Poor Riley. Is Riley a he or a she?
    ****Congrats to Riley!

@Nikkei_Simmer Best of luck to your Sims.
    ****We all know you not-so-secretly love murdering your Sims.
    ****Poor puppy having to witness all of that.
    ****Everyone always needs more puppies.

@Shadow_Assassin Things seem to be heating up.

@Simsophonique I don't think I've ever had a gnome appear in front of the elixir shop.

@carlystur03 Neat painting. Happy birthday Erik and Delilah!
    ****Hmm. Maybe it wasn't Delilah that had a birthday...

@Silverofdreams30 I don't think I've ever seen that movie.

@Sleepstar A noble goal.
    ****That's one thing I like about the planter boxes. No dormant plants.

@Lucy_Henley Seems like a fun game.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's really warm here, and I don't have the attention span to give individual comments past part-way through 3876. I've given Likes and Awesomes in lieu of commenting.

Not much has been happening in my games. Some of my older saves are giving me lip, and I don't want to have to abandon them, but I may have no choice. I hope it's just them adjusting to being played again since many of them are fairly ancient.

Until next time!
    ~MaS83
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I was playing a save earlier (not one I mention on here) and the game just... crashed. No “The Sims 3 has stopped working” pop up... I think it just tried to use too much RAM, or something. It’s happened before. I decided to get Delphy’s Dashboard and, according to that, none of my CC is corrupted or anything. Just one of those annoying things that happens. I got the Crash Log Analyser and the message that popped up (as to why it crashed) appeared a few times previously, so I just need to clear the cache files and things should be OK. It’s always annoying when the game just crashes like that for no apparent reason... ugh. :|
  • Options
    Ava Sinclair Prequel 2020

Okay, couldn't wait to get this started so I'm posting what little bit I have to get the story rolling. Already some things have changed in this version compared to the original. I will explain the changes in a spoiler as we go along. Anyway, here is the first update for Ava's new prequel story.

RK9mQpG.jpg
    Ava Sinclair came to Sunset Valley to get away from her evil mother and father. David and Elizabeth Sinclair were once rich but David liked to party and spend money foolishly. He worked for a young man named Robert Lancaster, a shrewd business man with an ego to match. David had set up a marriage between his boss and Ava but she didn't want anything to do with it. Her favorite uncle, John Sinclair, had helped her get away from his brother and sister-in-law so that Ava didn't have to marry the wicked man. He had given her money to purchase a house in a small oceanside town called Sunset Valley so she headed there at once. Her twin brother had already escaped a few years ago but she hadn't seen him since and could never seem to contact him. She just hoped that he was doing alright as well.

LXmpRw7.jpg
    The house was not much and Ava didn't really care for the color scheme but she didn't have much left after purchasing the house. She considered herself lucky that the old homeowners sold the furniture and books with the house. Ava hadn't really cooked at all when she was home as the family butler took care of that. "Why learn to cook when we got Albert to do that?" her mother once asked her. Ava didn't agree with that but now she was on her own and she couldn't afford a butler so it was time to learn the skill. She sat down on the couch and began to read the first couple of recipes. She sat there for a few hours when she heard the doorbell ring. Who could that be?, she thought.

fk1a9BI.jpg
    Apparently it was a couple members of the community who came to welcome her to Sunset Valley. They were Madison VanWatson and Dr. Jamie Jolina. "Hi, welcome to Sunset Valley!," Madison said as she shook Ava's hand. "I hope that you grow to love this place as much as I do." Jamie seemed nice, but she also seemed like she was rather bored with greeting new citizens. "Come inside, it's getting hot out here," Ava told them. She held the door open to let the two ladies in.

3Wak0oU.jpg
    Madison went directly to the bathroom while Jamie stayed to talk to Ava. "So you're a doctor, huh?" Ava asked Jamie. "Yep, one of several but Dr. Landgraab is our head doctor." Ava didn't have a family doctor so she asked Jamie if any doctor's were taking new patients. "I am but Dr. Landgraab pretty much takes care of the whole town. I'd be glad to schedule a checkup if you'd like." Ava smiled at Jamie. "Sure, just tell me when and I'll be there," she told her. They continued to talk for awhile before Jamie and Madison said goodbye. Ava's next order of business was to find a job. She didn't go to college and she had only worked one job in her teens so she hoped she could find something. Looking in the newspaper, she saw that the grocery store was hiring. "I guess I better go for an interview," Ava said to herself.

lW1aG2V.jpg
    Ava took a taxi to the grocery store when she noticed a man with a top hat and long hair. She knew this was Gunther Goth, a local celebrity whose family was known for its philanthropy and eccentricity. Ava was distantly related to Cornelia through the Crumplebottom side so she decided to say hello. "Mr. Goth, I'm Ava Sinclair. I'm a distant cousin of your wife, Cornelia," she said to him. Gunther's face broke out in a wide grin. "Ah, you're John Sinclair's niece, aren't you?" he asked. "Yeah, you know my uncle?" Gunther nodded his head. "John and I went to university together and we both were business majors. We actually planned on building a company together but things didn't work out. We're still good friends though. He called me to let me know you were coming." Ava was glad that John had contacted someone in Sunset Valley. It made her better to know Gunther was around. They talked some more until Gunther said he had to get back home. "Cornelia is making my favorite meal and she gets mad if it gets cold. You're welcome to visit anytime, Ava. Don't worry about calling, our door is always open to you." Ava gave her thanks and headed inside for her interview.

sumY7oG.jpg
    Ava's interview went very well and she was hired on the spot. She would be in charge of the produce, checking the fruits and vegetables to see which ones were good, and which were bad. She left the store feeling much better than she did when she first arrived. She walked past a man with blonde hair, bordering on white, and wearing glasses. She didn't think nothing about it other than the fact he was kind of cute but she didn't know he would become a part of her life in a big way.

***Off to a great start! I've got some nice ideas for Ava as well as a few townies. I'll be using mods to get certain individuals together as well as letting them have babies. I'm including a spoiler so that I can mention the differences between the old prequel and the new one so far.
    1. The greeting party: In the original, Ava met Dustin Langerak, Monika Morris, and Gunther Goth at her house. This didn't happen in this version so that means we'll be heading in a new direction already. I wasn't going to cheat to have her show up so I'll have to figure out a new plotline for meeting Boyd.

2. John Sinclair is staying as Ava's uncle this time around. The reason for this is mostly a personal choice.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Is it your birthday or are you celebrating your simself's birthday? If you, then I hope you have a great day. Oh, and 50 is still young! Wait until you are a senior card holding citizen like me! Even so, I still feel youngish ;)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I can finally show you the home I built! I'm really not a builder, but I enjoy
    participating in the gift exchange! Its so much fun.

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

• Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Page 3878

@Nitroglycol Sounds like you had several deaths happening.

Yeah, probably more to come too. Wayne is now an elder; he and Sarah Parker have hooked up and had a son, Stefan but I expect Stefan will be losing his dad in the not too distant future. And even Barbara Ponder is now an elder. Meanwhile Francesco Bachelor has gotten involved with a woman named Kirstin, a colleague of his sister Shannon.

@Nitroglycol Poor Riley. Is Riley a he or a she?
    ****Congrats to Riley!

Riley Woods is a she, one of the pregenerated sims in UL. She and her husband Kenaston now have a son, Kevin. I think the chances of her getting her LTW (Surrounded by Family) aren't good given her age and the fact that I haven't played her household that much, but she's doing pretty well regardless.

Sarah Parker did get her LTW (Jack of All Trades), though, by reaching 5th level in policing, military, sports, and now journalism. The now deceased Bachelor siblings both got theirs as well.

I'm probably going to send Shannon and Francesco to uni next.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well...never thought I'd be considering doing this, but I'm thinking about making "Forever & Always" a Let's Play... Not sure though...but the intro video...is this...

https://youtu.be/3tx5hFOFURA (just realized I have to make the opening "intro" card a bit longer so that people can actually read it rather than it just being a flash at the beginning - reuploading and will repost in this same post...) - Edited and reuploaded...to fix the "flash in the pan" opening Intro card.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Is it your birthday or are you celebrating your simself's birthday? If you, then I hope you have a great day. Oh, and 50 is still young! Wait until you are a senior card holding citizen like me! Even so, I still feel youngish ;)

@Mikezumi, Mine... ;) In ten days... I'm looking in the mirror and going... "Well...it's definitely here." Counting greys. Glad that you're doing well...My dad made it to 75 before passing. I do hope I take after the maternal side (in longevity...only...though with the pneumonia and lung problems, I'm hoping I make it as far as my dad did.

@GraceyManor "You're not a builder"?!!!! Don't sell yourself short, @GraceyManor...that house is beautiful. I love the landscaping and the entire house. You have talent in building, make no doubt about that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

@GraceyManor: Absoultely beautiful house. :)

@emorrill: Hello

@Brandontaylor: Nice prequel you have there. Oh, so Ava is related to the Goths. Interesting.

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@Mikezumi: Your sim kids are so adorable.

@coco: Hello

@bekkasan: Hello. Love the dance pictures.

@MoonandStars83: Hello

@Shadow_Assassin: Hello

@king_of_simcity7: Hello

@PalmArrow: Hello

@lisasc360: Hello

@Nitroglycol: Hello

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@Karritz: Hello

@all: Thanks for letting me read and comment on your stories/videos/pictures. I'm going to try to do a neat story and I will be sure to post it. Just have to think about it. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @Puddinroy - Hello. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comments :smile:

@Puddinroy welcome back :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Ellie was not impressed with Anna and hopes to never see her again!

g2qVfCE.jpg

Tammy cares about the girl that she is mentoring.

cX3UDTY.jpg

Meanwhile Katie is encouraged to talk to Russ

h3wWMpg.jpg

She laughs at all of his jokes...

EGs9PCH.jpg

Carl is heartbroken

Q5i8BKr.jpg

Are they getting closer?

jFWDXnW.jpg

Carl is disappointed as Russ knows that he likes Katie

ROsY5Vm.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @MoonandStars83

Its a very specific typical 80s movie, I'm not surprised not a whole
    lot knows of it. I used to love it when I was 12-13.

@GraceyManor

You have talent in the building, I can't for the love of sims
    build.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you, its a bit tougher lifetime wish but fun to
    try out.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    "Repopulating the Planet - A Conversation" - A JAG-Sims 3 Mini. (Meg/Tosh)

A little something I worked on while I was bored out of my tree without internet access between February 2019-August 2019.

https://youtu.be/2MZcnCHLci4

Yes, it's family friendly. No lewdness...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer what a beautiful video. 🥰 Would love to follow their story.
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on the Molyneux Save

Ajax, Daphne and Pat went to school while Saturn, Rhea and Katy went to work; Medea spent the morning in the garden while Achilles decided to go to the Gym in the basement (To get his Athletic and Martial Arts skills up). There was supposed to be a birthday that day; the siblings' cousin.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer what a beautiful video. 🥰 Would love to follow their story.

Thanks, @simgirl1010; I just have to make sure that I get the stuff needed (a decent mic/headset...perhaps) and a learn a bit about OBS first. My poor Vivobook is going to hate my guts.

Also...I don't tend to do "Challenges" per se. I tend to just toodle along on a narrative...pulling stuff out (including cheats) when I need them for the sake of the story-line as opposed to following a strict Challenge format. :mrgreen: That'll probably cause a major commotion to players who play "by the books and the rules..." :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    A special little update for you
    @emorrill.

Damien

zwLjYOv.jpg

I placed him and Rose in the New Twinbrook custom world.

1O6VGfC.jpg

liLuOiM.jpg

S7KJYSq.jpg

spOD1lK.jpg

T1UT1RT.jpg

They had fun at the park.

Abk5esX.jpg

Later Rose watched Tv

mlH1xzK.jpg

FCG7ime.jpg

mmO5z7W.jpg

And Damien had a bath ( heh).

The end
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2020
    Your cutie is wake up!
    twM9ZF.jpg

Some Viorel Morbid
    Suddenly found he and Valentin Vicious' full name also can read for backwards because they haven't surname in the usual sense
    twMExx.jpg
    twMFi9.jpg
    twMkGR.jpg
    twMAR1.jpg
    twMZM6.jpg
    twMesK.jpg
    twMmqO.jpg

Thier names meaning:
    Valentin Vicious: Vicious Valentine/lover (his name is a refence to Bullet For My Valentine, BTW this band name's Chinese translation is 致命情人[lit. fatal Valentine/lover]). He also this type ;)
    Viorel Morbid: Morbid squill/violet. He has purple-impression and "morbid" appearance, he also has morbid personality(maybe?) and love relationship (BTW his face structure and traits is a reference to Feitan, so some people may think he's a bit familiar)
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top