Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well Austin is happy to see Megan back home at last :smile:

3l0AZhQ.jpg

I will get some more updates tomorrow and I want to play other households as well. Also Tammy had a wish to adopted a dog of her own so even though the wish would have disappeared as I changed the household I will start looking for one for her :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited June 2020
    Been trying to do an update today but none of my hairstyles I want to use are showing up in game even though I haven’t removed any of them.and the hairs that come with the games just aren’t my style.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Comments continued...

@Nikkei_Simmer Oh my gosh! Meg has a rifle pierced into her head! :scream:
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    ^Sorry, I couldn't help it. :p
    You know I love their romance, but...aren't they not allowed to kiss while on duty? ;)
    Poor River. :cry: I miss my mom too...she's not dead (thank goodness!) but she is 15 hours away. :(
    Private Memory Sticks! :lol: He looks cool!
    Oh wow! Many more robots! :grin: I've hardly ever played with robots, even in my Sims 2 days...
    regarding the KB Primer Skin which would you recommend downloading? The Nondefault HD definition or the HD+ (2K resolution) skins
    ^I personally went with the HD+ (2K bodies) one. :) I wouldn't recommend the 4K bodies one as it can make sims arms and legs look all wrinkly and veiny (even at YA). :grimace: No thanks!
    It funny you mention thinking you may have had 'Rona back in January and it sounds like you probably did! Tons of people in town here swear they had it in early January as well, as they felt extremely AWFUL, had all the flu symptoms, but didn't test positive for the flu, and so the doctor's called it a respiratory infection. Riiiight. :smirk: But in their defense, they didn't have a clue about 'Rona yet...
    I think that's why we haven't had many cases here. Enough folks have built up immunity to it (I guess it's the Herd Immunity). You should take an antibody test whenever it comes around just to be sure. :) I know I'd wanna know...

@Brandontaylor
    Was Darren the unborn child Claire has?
    ^Yes, he is. :blush: And actually I got his name mixed up. It's not Darren it's Jareth. :lol: Wow my brain lately huh?
    It's funny you know Jensen mostly from Smallville because the first time I "encountered" him in a show was Dark Angel (TV Series) and I had no clue until later after watching many episodes of Supernatural. :p
    Thanks for the comments. <3
    I've been enjoying the Jones' updates. :) I look forward to seeing more of Ava.
    Oooh, the competition begins! :smiley:
    Congrats to Ariana! :star: I bet that was super fun for you to do. ;)

@GraceyManor So is your new story based on a song? Mark Wills had some good ones. :blush: "Lovin' Every Minute" is one of my favorites. <3
    Thanks for the comments on my story posts. <3
    That's a weird issue... :confused: Sometimes I had mods that conflict with each other, so one of them won't show up in the game, but...that shouldn't result in ALL your cc hairs to go missing. I'm sorry I'm not much help. :( Hope you figure it out. And I hope you start to feel better too. {{{Hug}}} You've had it for over a month now haven't you?? :open_mouth:

@Silverofdreams30 Yup, Claire is awful! :lol: I think Eddy deserves better, but...for some reason he loves her too much to leave. ;)
    I thought you would like that open smile of Damien's. :mrgreen:
    I LOVE those pics you took with him and his girl. He's a major hottie in your game too! :love:
    Enjoyed the pics of your Uni update. :) However you gotta get that guyliner off Eddy! :lol: j/k
    Glad to hear the virus is settling down over there. 🤞
    Stephen Brackney! :love: Oh and Skip looks great too! Ah heck ALL the guys look hott! :lol:

@bekkasan Thanks for the comments on Claire and Eddy. :) Yes, those are some wicked tats and I can only imagine they'd be quite painful to get in real life! :confounded:
    Glad he's a good Dad! Especially since Claire is not a good mother. Taking that poor baby for a stroll in the middle of winter wearing a sunsuit! Silly girl.
    ^LOL! :lol: I feel so bad because I didn't even notice that the baby wasn't properly dressed for winter. :open_mouth: I think I was thinking babies had outerwear and they don't. Ugh, my brain! :confounded:
    Yeah the whole save seemed to be pretty glitched out...
    I did get some full(ish) moon pics. :smiley: Here ya go:

Bad-moon-rising-1.jpg

Bad-moon-rising-2.jpg

A certain song from CCR is coming to mind right now. :p
    Oooooh, I don't think Alice caught any kind of bug. :smirk:Squeal!
    Nice pic of Grandpa catching a fish there. :) You loving the game on the desktop yet? ;)

@carlystur03 Oh you get the email notifications from the forum? I turned those off ages ago because my inbox was filling up FAST! :lol:
    I watched "Remember Sunday" on the Hallmark channel which stars Zachary Levi and Alexis Bledel (from Gilmore Girls) and...it was good and romantic, just really sad! :( Zach has the most gorgeous smile! :love: Anyway! Enjoyed your updates! :)

@king_of_simcity7
    Accusing someone of being clingy and possessive was an excuse that I have heard people use before. I was usually immature girls who used it.
    ^I guess so. :neutral:
    I think there's so many trust issues within society these days that people can tend to be a little clingy and possessive in relationships, especially if they really care about someone and fear losing them to another. Open communication is such a MUST in any relationship for it to thrive, and that's how you develop trust. There's just not good communication anymore. Anyway... :p I've enjoyed your Uni updates. They all had lots of fun!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Played on the Molyneux Save

Had a very strange promotion (Achilles had been promoted the last time I played on the Molyneux Save; no sooner than he arrived at work he ended up promoted). Katy also got promoted at work, and it is coming up to Medea's birthday; I got her, Ajax and Daphne to chat to their boyfriends/girlfriends. So that's my last play session
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited June 2020
    @emorrill, They technically aren't supposed to be.
    1. It is the apocalypse... so some PDA rules are relaxed.
    2. Tosh is technically the Commanding Officer.
    3. The JAGs (Harm and Mac) technically are ignoring the fact that the CO is contravening frat regs. :mrgreen:
    4. JAG HQ got atomized, so technically there is no VADM JAG anymore. :D

Re: the C-virus. I'm hoping to once the CFIA (Canada Food and Drug Inspection Agency) figures out what tests are approved for COVID19 testing. Our rules have gotten pretty stringent which means that a lot of drugs and testing protocol that are passed south of the border have yet to be approved north of the border.

Agreed, @emorrill, @king_of-simcity7, I found that women prefer to be around guys (and vice versa) who aren't clingy and possessive. One finds that it works out better that way. It's not an attractive position to take when you're dealing with your significant other to be possessive. People all need their space. ;)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Page 3877, continued

@king_of_simcity7 Always got to have pizza at a party or it isn't a party, lol
    Geez, Anna must just like causing trouble.
    Must be why Humara didn't intervene.
    Glad the party went well, great update!
    You're welcome and thanks!
    Hope their exams go well.
    Good job, everyone!
    Wow, they really did bring a lot of food.
    Great update!
    Congrats Nick!
    Glad everyone passed.

@emorrill Wow, our high school when I went only had like 250 to 300 all together. My graduating class only had 40 or so students.

@GraceyManor It is a pain. There are some others like it too.
    Thanks!

@carlystur03 Must have some kind of ghost party in the afterlife, I guess.
    You're welcome.
    R.I.P. Connie
    She'll at least scare them with the Ghost! reaction, hopefully.
    Congrats on the birth of Francis!
    R.I.P. Tom.
    Glad he didn't beg to stay alive.
    Fred and Flynn are cute playing together.
    That gardening stuff is nice.
    Congrats on the birth of Freya!
    Happy birthday Flynn!
    Happy birthday, Emily!
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, getting easier to take care of them now the triplets are all teens. Going to be sad to let Evan and Abigail go though.

Page 3878

@Silverofdreams30 Winter's party looks like it was successful.
    Winter looks like she did have fun.
    Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 Nice to see Austin again.
    Looking forward to the dog, great update!

@emorrill Lol, it's all good.
    That's funny. Yeah, I didn't even know of him until watching Smallville. Never watched anything else he was in, although he was a character on Days of Our Lives several years ago. My mom watches it, and even though I'm a straight male, I have to admit to watching it now too. :lol:
    You're welcome.
    Thanks, they'll be returning maybe later this week but not sure. As for Ava, going to work on that here in a bit.
    It was fun, I was glad with how it turned out. I was thinking about using one of the girls but wasn't sure which one. They both got bigger noses than I like but not gonna change it, :lol:
    Thanks for the comments!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Changed my mind, decided to redo Ava’s prequel from the beginning. It will be much easier on me in the long run. That also allows me to get an update quicker. Some things may change but some things won’t.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you for opening the video up. I enjoyed it and cried just a little! :wink:
    I love the bots with their camo! So who is the bot builder? It used to always be gosh, can't remember his name, but was one of your Jag guys I believe.

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats to Humara on reaching her LTW. It is gonna be hard for her to keep them if she treats them like she does most sims. :flushed:
    Do all your sims get the same LTW?
    Congrats on your sims getting their grades and able to leave uni.
    Nice picture of Megan and her pup.

@Brandontaylor Glad to see that Eric didn't get zapped with that tune-up. He sure is working hard getting the skill up. I like the yellow bot!
    It sure seems to take a while to get that drink mixing skill built up.
    Congrats on the triplets aging up. They look cute and look forward to the results of the competition.

@emorrill Thanks for commenting on my random pictures. :smiley: That Victor is such a cutie pie!
    Thank you for answering my question about the SDV world.
    I would so love to have Damien as well. I won't use him anytime soon but eventually. :smiley:
    I appreciate the link to that mod. Wonder how I missed it. I also wonder if it will conflict with the other toddler mods I have. Well, one way to find out is by using the test game. It might not be till the weekend. I will see how the work week goes.
    I can't remember if I found a baby snowsuit way back when I had seasons in. It is definitely not in my current folder since I've just gone through baby stuff. I might have used the blankie and just textured it with a sweater texture.
    Great fullish moon picture. :smiley: I remember that song!
    I can't wait till I can put one of my saves in the desktop. I've got a bit (make that tons) more cc to add to the game first. :open_mouth:

@Lucy_Henley I can understand Maria wanting her own baby to take care of after working in the daycare.
    Congrats on the twins. Pretty names. Shame hubby didn't come help with the birthing or at least do the baby dance.
    I'm not sure what a key grip is or does. I hope it helps in his career though.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :) I'm kinda having fun in between testing cc and deciding what to keep or remove.
    looks and sounds like a marvelous party. It is nice seeing all the uni sims. They look so good in your game.

@Sleepstar Nice to see you are still playing.

I tried the toddler mod in my game. Yep, the tots can play in the toilet!! Let's hope that genie cleaning spell works really well in the toilets!! :grimace:
    49961771036_4ee48e831b_o.jpg

Granny and Jeff having a stare down over the rocking chair. Granny already had her turn and got up. Jeff sat down after feeding the baby and was watching the baby fall asleep.
    49962052827_a6fa1e376b_o.jpg
    edited June 2020
    @bekkasan, I have my friend Phil from my regular stories and then there's the Phil that I use in JAG stories who is completely different. They're both insane though. :mrgreen: This one's my OC Phil from JAG. :D

Phil (my OC from JAG)
    Screenshot-319.jpg

Phil (my RL friend's simself - the guy in the green sweater)
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Both share the same name, both have very different characteristics, other than the fact that they are both insane and unstable.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    "Hey, Mister.Thought you were blind?" The young man yelled to Brian, who
    was busy playing his guitar, he may have lost his eyesight, but he certainly
    didn't lose any of his skills."Blind people can't play guitar! Are you milking the
    system?!" Brian wasn't going to loose his cool over a pathetic bully.He kept
    strumming along.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    But as soon as the bully left, Brian broke down crying.Not only over
    the harsh words, but the memory of his wife and son.The pain still
    tormented him everyday.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    "You okay?" A voice popped up from behind him."I heard what
    the gentleman said, and I was just coming over to put him in
    his place but he took off." Brian sighed."Thank you, I'm alright.
    Its just been a rough road you know?" "I'm sorry, people can be
    so mean." "Tell me about it, even people who are suppose to help,
    turn out to be...plums.." "I hear you, I just lost my job." "Oh, I'm sorry." Brian
    said."Mind me asking what you do?" "I'm an in-home nurse, or I was.Got laid
    off...so I guess nothing now.." "Did you say in-home nurse?" Brian perked up a bit.
    "Yes, are you need of an assistant?" "I could use help.Mind stopping by tomorrow?
    And we can discuss it some more?" She smiled."Sure, what's your address?" "Its 1109 Willow
    Brooke lane.I'm Brian." "Great! I'm Rachel.I'll stop by tomorrow."

the next morning...

Screenshot-18.jpg
    "Excuse me, Brian?" Rachel asked as she approached the small home.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    "Rachel right?" he said as he turned around."Yes, how did you know?"
    "My eyesight might be gone, but my hearing is great.I could tell by your
    voice." "Interesting..You asked me stop by?" "I did, I'm looking for someone
    to help me with some of my work...transportation, cleaning, lifting.Things like
    that...Come inside, I'll explain more." He lead her into the entry way.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    On the wall hung two portraits from the family's last vacation together...
    the family reunion."Is this your family?" Rachel asked, eyeballing the lovely
    couple and adorable boy."It is, that's my wife Mariah and my son Peter." "What
    a beautiful family, where are they now?" Rachel meant no harm when she asked
    that question, she had no idea of the tragic event."They died, about 7 months ago
    in a car accident...Drunk driver ran us off the road.These photos were taken about 3
    hours before the wreck."

Screenshot-21.jpg
    "Oh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked..." She looked away."Its alright,
    you didn't know." He replied, he could feel that she felt bad."I understand though..
    my father was killed by a drunk a few weeks after I was born...I never knew him."I'm...
    Sorry, Rachel..That...I'm sorry." He couldn't imagine not knowing his parents...He felt bad
    as well.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    "I do need an in-home nurse, the problem is the lack of space...As you
    can tell my home isn't very friendly for guests and such.I thought about
    upgrading to a larger home...but since my accident, I had to quit my job."Oh? What
    did you do?" "I was a police officer, for the Mesa Grande PD.I moved here to Twin Town
    shortly after, but didn't realize how much the rent was around here." "Yeah, its a bit pricey.I
    struggle myself, and been trying to upgrade to a larger home...but no work, no money...no home."
    "Well, I'd like to hire you, Rachel.You're very nice, and I could use the help..perhaps there's something
    out there for someone with an in-home nurse?

Screenshot-23.jpg
    "Leave it to me, Brian.I'm good at researching.I'll look into what's out there.
    And I will get back to you." "Great, thank you Rachel...I mean it for being so nice...
    Its been really rough." "Its my pleasure, believe me, I know how rough it can be.I'll give
    you call in the morning."
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    They technically aren't supposed to be.
    1. It is the apocalypse... so some PDA rules are relaxed.
    2. Tosh is technically the Commanding Officer.
    3. The JAGs (Harm and Mac) technically are ignoring the fact that the CO is contravening frat regs. :mrgreen:
    4. JAG HQ got atomized, so technically there is no VADM JAG anymore. :lol:

^Ha ha! :joy: You make some very good points there. ;)
    Our rules have gotten pretty stringent which means that a lot of drugs and testing protocol that are passed south of the border have yet to be approved north of the border.
    ^Oh I believe it. That stinks for y'all! :(
    Your RL friend Phil...why does his name sound familiar? Is he your good friend that is LDS/Mormon you told me about? :)

@king_of_simcity7 How a mature woman reacts when her guy is being an immature, "clingy and possessive" partner! ;):p Listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SWJ6OKGuzg

Couldn't help it! :mrgreen: Kinda goes somewhat with what @Nikkei_Simmer said (Amen to what you said my friend! :star: ) cause yeah most people don't like clingy or possessive partners. I know as a woman I sure wouldn't have back when I was dating. It's actually something that would turn me off from a guy because I would feel like he didn't trust me... Anyhoo! :p

@Brandontaylor I think my hubby's graduating class was like 20 kids! :lol: Crazy!
    Thanks for the reply comments. :blush:
    Starting Ava's story from the beginning, sounds like a good plan. :)

@bekkasan You're welcome. :kissing_heart:
    And yes I MUST remember to send you Damien links tonight! :confounded:
    I'm glad you liked the pictures and the song. :p CCR had some good ones. :star:
    Okay, the toddler playing in the toilet is cute. ;)
    Heck I thought Granny was having a stare at Jeff's chest! :mrgreen::lol:

@GraceyManor How convenient that Brian ran into Rachel who happens to be an in-home nurse. :smirk: I like where this is going. :p
    Love those pics on the wall of his family. :)
    So you got your cc hairs to show up in game then? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill
    The ones I wanted no...but I went on a huge CC shopping spree and downloaded like 20 hairs, 10 dresses, 10 tops....gah I'm addicted to CC LOL.
    I had a hard time coming up with a way to introduce the new character LOL.
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Hope you feel better soon, @GraceyManor... Concentrate on fighting that "virus" and enjoy Sims 3. You have enough on your plate. That Covid is a royal PITA.

I have a gut feeling that I may have had the bugger in January before the whole thing really kicked off. Started out with a cold then found it hard to breathe. Stayed up for three nights straight hacking my lungs out and trying to breathe. Was in severe discomfort and pain. And that might have been...the mild strain. I've self-isolated for nearly six months now just to make sure. I don't want to try and risk going out there and catching it again.

My mom thinks she had it back in January as well, she had sore throat, cough and couldn't breathe.
    Mine started with a sore throat, which I blamed on allergies, then I developed a headache, and my nose
    began to get runny...Then came the cough, at first my doc said upper respiratory infection and said to quarantine
    for 14 days because my immune was weak.He gave me antibiotics.When that didn't work, and my cough was starting
    to make me sick and I became unusually fatigue, he tested me.And I had a "mild" case of it.If what I had was mild, I don't
    want to know what severe is....a few days I thought I was gonna pass out.I'm still all congested and my head hurts.But the
    cough is gone.Covid needs to take a long hike out of here.It is a huge PITA.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    @bekkasan I think the key grip has to do with moving camera equipment. In the US it’s also to do with lighting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_grip

Played a little more today. The twins are toddlers now. Maria’s job panel showed that she wouldn’t be going back to work for two weeks in Sim time, although that also includes weekends. Festivals are on a Thursday, so technically the daycare is only open three days a week.

And yeah, coronavirus needs to go and get lost ASAP! It’s so weird how some people get it “mildly”, some get it really badly and are hospitalised, and still others get it but are asymptomatic.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2020
    So it's been a sad, momentous, and rather sordid time in Riverview. At last update, Michael Bachelor had died of old age. I think I forgot to mention that Sarah Mahoney had died too. And our favourite Sarah (Parker) was getting in very close with the family. Well near the start of today's session Bella died, also of old age. The ruthless Sarah Parker quickly made a move on her bereaved boyfriend and father of her kids, Wayne Kerr, with an eye to joining the family and gaining access to their money. A previous attempt at getting involved with Lee Bachelor had gone badly when she found out he was in a relationship with Dmitri Ivanov.

There was a problem though. Back at university, Sarah had been romantically involved with Wade Anthony, and it was becoming a source of gossip after she hooked up with Wayne. So something had to be done about that.

Sarah's solution was to invite Wade to visit and invite him to visit. Then she asked him to move in, and locked the door of the exercise room while he was inside. He took an awfully long time to starve.

There was a catch, though. Turns out Wade has the Unlucky trait (which figures, since he'd gotten involved with Sarah in the first place). So the Reaper, as is his wont, resurrected him. So Sarah had to go to Plan B - she dumped him and he went to live in a shack.

In other news, Sarah is very close to getting her lifetime wish of being a Jack of All Trades, having gotten to level 5 in policing, military, and sports, and currently being at level 4 of journalism.

And one last piece of sad news, Carlotta Lobos has also died, not long after her longtime partner Sarah Mahoney.
    edited June 2020
    Survival of the Fittest
    Chapter Five:
    Missing Mom and Dad

It's never easy to let those you've lost go. And for River and Haruo it was no exception. Losing their Mom and Dad. Fiona and Mayumi as well as Haruo's father was heart-wrenching in any case. Even if Mayumi wasn't the best of mothers, she was still Haruo's mother and seeing her pass-on while doing what was arguably the only selfless thing in her entire life; ensuring the survival of her son - it was something laudable on her behalf. Who he missed deeply was Yasunobu, his father.
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    River, on the other hand, had more of a close relationship with a mother who was her sole supporter and now she, as was her best friend Haruo, was orphaned. And at fourteen, with her whole life ahead of her, was a hard pill to swallow.
    The only way that RIver could unload all her feelings was to talk to her best friend, Haruo,
    Screenshot-168.jpg Mac being only three years younger than Harm, was certainly finding it tough to take on a teen when she herself was pushing the upper limits of her child-bearing years. On top of that, she had been diagnosed with endometriosis which had put her hopes of having children on very shaky ground. So being place in the role of a surrogate mother to an orphaned teen was quite a load to take on.
    Screenshot-16.jpg Meanwhile, Tosh had a conversation about the news that he'd heard about Ft. Gnome's Marine Liaison detachment CO and his desertion. "Article 85 is a pretty touch and go charge, sir." Harm said. "We can choose to prosecute him under the Uniform Code of Military Justice however these circumstances were extreme. They are after all brought on by pretty much what would be considered the end of humanity. If there was still cause and enough manpower for a JAGMan investigation, he'd more than likely be facing a long stint in the brig rather than the death penalty. The last person we executed for desertion was Eddie Slovik and I doubt we're going to go that far again."
    Screenshot-144.jpg Tosh looked at him grimly, "If you were in his boots, would you have deserted?"
    Screenshot-146.jpg Harm looked at him for a long moment, took a deep breath and said, "No...my Dad did his duty and you know what happened to him... I'd do mine too, even if it meant being vaporized into atoms at my post."
    Screenshot-147.jpg "Case Closed..." Tosh said, "He deserted at a time of war." he said finally, "However, I'm not going to line him up against a wall, but he will get a fair hearing and once the rest of this mess is over, he's going to end up going into confinement for twenty. Working at hard labor between now and Restoration will determine how long of that twenty he has to serve. Loss of rank. He drops from a Colonel to a Second Lieutenant, court-martial, loss of pay and benefits; again, whether he gets pension will be determined by how hard he works to help Sunset Valley get back on its feet again."
    Screenshot-146.jpg A sudden crack of lightning startled the both of them as a loud groan was heard from the park across the trail which was all that was left of Summerside Court Road. "Looks like someone got hit by lightning." Harm snickered, "Guess his Momma should have told him not to stand too close to high-standing trees."
    Screenshot-150.jpgScreenshot-152.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Thank you, I tried to leave the townies as much as they were
    before without much editing so why that eyeliner was still on Eddy haha.
    The party was a success, it had not finished when I turned off for the night.

@bekkasan

Damien is so handsome right, I need to plop
    him down when my sim is done with uni.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @emorrill Thanks for the comments :smile: I have seen a decline in 'dating standards' over the past decade with mass social media and what is now known as 'Tinderisation' and I have read several articles on this factor. The trust issues thing goes back further and I remember reading an article many years ago, in the early 2000s that some people were 'worried' that their partners would cheat on them because everyone had mobile phones by that point and that seemed to be the story-lines on TV.

@Nikkei_Simmer I am yet to meet anyone who wants a clingy partner :D

@bekkasan Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: I have used different life time wishes for other Sims before and find some easier than others. Once a Sim has the wish completed they will never lose it so if you were to move a Sim to a new save they would start with no friends. I don't think Humara will bother staying friends with all those Sims in the long term!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Eurosim_7202Eurosim_7202 Posts: 50 Member
    I'm back! I haven't played sims for I think one and a half months properly, but hopefully I will start playing it again sometime this week and play it more regulary.
    Saroczky
    edited June 2020
    Forever & Always; (An Immortal Sims 3 Legacy) - Story # 2. :mrgreen:

Prologue

Fiona Kelly-McIrish had never realized what she had gotten herself into when it came to becoming a single mother. But emotionally, she'd fallen head over heels for the man who had impregnated her with child. But there would be no happy ending for Fiona who would end up having to raise her child on her own for the moment that she informed him of the fact that she was with child, he disappeared so fast that he left shoe-tread marks on the sidewalk.

It was at that point that she realized just what a mistake it was to believe the lies that one Caeden McIrish had whispered in her ear just to get her into bed with him, it appeared. After all, it appeared as though he was yet another one of those "love and leave" types though he had gotten farther than most - to the point of putting a ring on her finger, but just as fickle as those who were in her dating history.
    Screenshot-3.jpg

As she watched the couple across the street who was also just moving into a 1BR home looking forward to starting their own life, she sighed sadly. In a ways, she envied that woman. That woman was lucky, her husband was there with her. But for Fiona, she'd never had much luck with guys, after all...it appeared as though all she could attract in any case were the ne'er-do-wells who didn't amount to anything and would be attracted to anything walking around in a skirt. And to be abandoned, especially in this state with child in womb and near penniless; she wondered how she was going to survive. Caeden had lied to her and told her all these things of how he was going to change, become the husband that he wanted to be and all that other malarkey which Fiona had fallen for hook-line-and sinker, but all for naught. The second he learned that Fiona had become pregnant and was with child, he'd packed up and shot out the door leaving her with no money and no way of providing for a baby that would soon be making its arrival in the world. Whatever was she going to do?
    Screenshot.jpg
    Why couldn't Caeden have been mature enough to take responsibility for his actions. Fiona knew that there were ramifications and she took full responsibility for having been blind enough to fall for Caeden's lies in the first place...so blind in fact that she had followed him right down that aisle. Whatever was she going to do?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited June 2020
    Random save update

oanMuJP.jpg

eWp8rF4.jpg

Winter takes care of her school stuff but also enjoys herself
    during her free time. She has a lifetime wish to woohoo with 5 different guys at five different areas,
    so she won't date until it is complete. Here she met up with Jeffrey dean.

RtkDEjb.jpg

Jeffrey ran off to work so she asked Eddy Mullins to meet up with her
    instead.

HOxNQAO.jpg

They bowled together

I9og9gk.jpg

rA5GIHy.jpg

nuEgDV4.jpg

ORLe9yq.jpg

ZImqZNd.jpg

9Rm9L9X.jpg

T8gznK8.jpg

And she succeeded with the first guy for her lifetime wish.

All for now, I will post more about this save cause it
    is so much fun.

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Medea celebrated her birthday. The next day, she went to her Graduation ceremony where she was voted "Most Artistic". After rounding up everyone they went home. The following day saw Saturn, Rhea, Katy, Ajax, Daphne and Pat get up early (I didn't realise that both Saturn and Rhea had a day off work). It was nice to see Katy chat to her brother-in-law as they had breakfast. Katy went to work, while the teens and Pat went to school. Medea and Achilles woke up, and at one in the afternoon Achilles went to work. He won the football game. I also had a pop-up about Ajax, that he is due to graduate soon
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Wow @Nikkei_Simmer that banner in your signature about River McIrish is certainly true! :D:D That's really interesting how you've come up with different storylines for her and her family.

Barnacle Bay

"Hey, baby," Miguel whispered as he picked up his daughter Carolina. "Don't cry, Daddy's here." Ohhh, she was so soft and warm.

dGlS4x1.jpg

Yeesh, thought Maria, babies stink! How such a tiny baby could produce quite so much poop, she had no idea.

r5cwPRy.jpg

Miguel was already used to waking up at 5am for work, but having two newborns in the house meant that his sleep pattern was interrupted. Going to work on little sleep was standard, and naturally he wasn't able to sleep on the job.

pN0zGaP.jpg

Both parents tried to catch up on sleep... which was kinda futile.

DpxDLun.jpg

Knowing that sleeping in his normal bed was just going to be interrupted, Miguel decided to nap in the living room.

UTuXik3.jpg

"This is stupid," Maria said. "We need to move the girls into their own room!"
    "Will we still be able to hear them?" Miguel asked.
    "Yeah, I'm sure we will. I've spoken to friends about it, and they're still able to hear their babies."

GE00RWZ.jpg

Finally, they were able to sleep without interruption. Miguel still had to wake up early for work, though, and the whole situation was starting to get to him...

y2K4LUg.jpg

Ahhh... Maria decided to take a relaxing bubble bath as Miguel came home from work.

6yJzMrE.jpg

That day was the twins' birthday, and Maria purchased a yummy-looking cake from the nearby store.

PB5kipJ.jpg

Now that they were older, Elena and Carolina could play with more toys. Maria had heard of a particularly useful playpen that she could put the girls into and it would help them learn to talk.

OspfZvp.jpg

Maria hadn't had much time to herself whilst caring for the babies. Now that they were a little older, she took whatever time she could to relax. After all, it wouldn't be much good for the girls to have a stressed mother.

ubTV0mX.jpg

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Are the forums acting weird for anyone else? I keep getting randomly logged out if I go back to general discussion. Basically, if the site has to load a new page there's a chance it just kicks me out.
    @Emily4331
    Same here and the the navigation looks funky.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top